Cage Storytime (Part 1)

Welcome back Anons! Last time we finished up with Namor the Sub-Mariner, where we saw the return of Danny Rand, as well as watching the death of Danny's long-running archenemy, Master Khan (who got killed when Namor literally ripped his head off). I'm sure you're curious though, about the other half of one of the most famous duo in comics.

Let's answer be question now of, "What happened to Luke Cage?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fuEuBUfKbn4
youtube.com/watch?v=ebw2a-qDd_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We aren't going to read the rest of the these issues unless you guys want to, but I'm posting this so you can decide later. That said, we won't see the next parts of Wapon X or Firestar.

Despite being written around the time of the Danny Imposter arc, this takes place while Danny is still thought to be dead.

Remember, the experiment looked NOTHING like that bottom panel.

Well that wasn't a good idea, in retrospect.

And now he's trying it again!

Remember Anons. Trenchcoats ALWAYS hide you.

And now, we skip forward a few years...

Remember that time the Punisher became a black guy?

We actually DO need this explanation.

Ouch, Frank has looked better.

I feel like there's easier ways than to change ALL of his skin color. I mean shit, that can't be easy.

Is it wrong that whenever I see a scantily-clad redhead in Marvel, I always think of Marlo?

Oh, this should be good...

Luke Cage wearing 70s clothes for years after his friend died to remember the good old days could be really sad

Just like modern Marvel.

Please no shitposting.

IRL it's about 5 years difference.

Ah, that short period in the early nineties when Bill "Will Robinson" Mumy was writing for Marvel Comics.

Hate to do this to you AGAIN, but................
youtube.com/watch?v=fuEuBUfKbn4
youtube.com/watch?v=ebw2a-qDd_c

Why does Luke keep moving to Chicago every time he gets tired of New York?

Also, I highly doubt something like this will happen again during this PMIF storytime saga.

Oh god, what else with Luke has that guy done, and why do you know them?

It's where the negros are

At least he didn't go to Milwaukee cause Mike Baron doesn't know the blackies are on the north side and he would put ol luke down south like he tried to portray in Badger

Forgot the page again.

Oh thank god.

Nothing that I know of.
As for why, I need back ground noise when I'm grinding in the pokemon TCGO.

>south side
at least it's accurate for chicago

This story takes place after the whole "Super Skrull" thing, so Danny's alive now, and presumably said that Luke wasn't involved.
Kind of hard to make a murder charge stick when the victim's still around.

How many times did he fight Jigsaw looking like that?

Downloaded mp3's too much trouble?

>Oh thank god.
Just don't go on a Blue Beetle binge.

Or the titans. He did a massive retrospective on that team before I quit.

Meh, I need something I've never seen before. He is FAR from the worst that I watch, I also monitor Mr. Enter just so I know what I'm talking about when I call him out on the rare days we have a thread about him.
I'm still not sure if I fully agree with Enter's "review" of Norm of The North.

I got lucky and stopped watching Internet Reviewers before Mr. Enter was a thing (well, I follow two, but they seem to be considered "the good ones")

I like to think he picked this trick up from Danny.

>It's where the negros are

So's Detroit. Or Washington. Or any number of southern urban centers.

Oh god, I was watching Linkara's newest video (while grinding) and he basically said that his biggest demographic was above the age of 20 and anything that would be classified as teen is only a tiny fraction.

All this time, I had believed that he had stayed alive through teenagers why didn't know better.

Odds on the tape being removed to reveal a skull later on the arc?

Not shown between panels 3 and 4: Frank drawing a skull onto the vest without Cage noticing

I won't lie, he was part of how I got into comics. Then the MCU.

Then I found out how to torrent comics, so I actually started reading the friggen things.

Pages like this are why costumes are a thing. Because some characters are so nondescript that without their clothes you can't tell who they are.

>hating on the chains
Shit taste.

Same here, sort of.
I already had an interest in comics, but he was the first person on the internet that I saw who mad videos about them, so I watched them to gain more knowledge.

I was never crazy about him but I respected his opinion. However, that respect slowly degraded after I found out about "dirty cock slut" because that is what got me to really take another look at him. Now I see him as a low ranking member of the internet hierarchy, not the lowest, but close.

It's the 90's, so he's probably a practicalityfag.

But as we know, Luke's skin is basically invincible, and Luke can use the chain as a weapon, so it technically IS practical.

Luckily for me, I stopped watching before that. I don't exactly remember the last one I watched. It was around the time he changed costumes though.

Forgot AGAIN, dammit.

I like it because it's both distinctive, and it's a reminder of his past as a convict.
>they used to use chains to hold me down
>now I use chains to hold up my pants

I swear, if I didn't know that Barricuda was from Ennis's run, I'd figure he's coming up in this arc.

Now he's cosplaying Blade

I'm just the kind of guy who can't bring himself to drop shows. Even when I know I should stop and there is no hope for redemption, I just keep going.
I've only ever dropped a single anime in my life.

That's also why he picked his name. It sounds normal now, but "Cage" isn't a normal last name.

It only sounds like one now because of Nicholas Cage, who apparently named himself after this guy.

>Pages like this are why costumes are a thing. Because some characters are so nondescript that without their clothes you can't tell who they are.

Bendis's Streetclothes only Cage was fucking terrible for it.
He was just some regular guy hanging out with the Avengers, visually. He didn't even have a distinct individual colour scheme the way they'd play it on Power Rangers or something to make the characters distinct in action shots.

Well I'm not a NEET anymore, so I genuinely don't have the time in the day to keep up everything. Besides, it was less "this is stupid, I'm never watching it again" and more "Oh it's Monday? I guess I should watch the new Linkara event- OH, new Midnight Screening from the Cinema Snob!"
Kept it up and I one day realized I haven't watched one of his videos in three months.

Cage hasn't had a good costume since he dropped the silk shirts and tiara. But that look is too outdated to fly. So he'll never have a good costume

I'm reminded on the Invincible-Spider-Man crossover.

>Black-Man

This is the only regular costume he's had since that.
As we see later in the run, he really should've kept it, for obvious reasons.

Parkerbolts Cage took way, way too long to happen and give him back a distinct look.

Parkerbolts is going to feel SO good after months of Bendis.
Remember, before we get to Parkerbolts we'll have Alias, The Pulse, New Avengers, the second New Avengers, and maybe Bendis's Daredevil and the events on the way if I'm feeling particularly sadistic.

He's had yellow t-shirt with metal bracers and uncle phil in a silk shirt and suit vest since his shaft reject look right here. None of them have really been any good

>punches him right in the dick
Good ol' Frank.

>It only sounds like one now because of Nicholas Cage, who apparently named himself after this guy.

It's going to be disappointing when Nic Cage isn't in NetCage.
Maybe he could play Arthur Nagan in the Defenders series or something, if Netflix had the budget for a gorilla.

That was Parkerbolts. The metal bracers enhanced his strength even more. Presumably because without it he's weaker than Moonstone, let alone Juggernaught.

Come on user, he's obviously going to be in the Ghost Rider movie/series.

I've soured a bit on Kirkman since then, but that was a solid jab.

I know what it's from and I know I haven't liked what I saw. He looks like a dope

I've actually yet to read Invincible yet. As I say in my defense frequently, there's so much good capeshit I haven't read that I haven't bothered to go to most indie stuff, although I've read a few (most recently that Bandette series)

Not gonna lie, if they brought in Cage to play Johnny Blaze again in a Danny Ketch/Spirits of Vengeance series, I'd be hype.

But it sound like we're getting Ghost Robbie on the next season of SHIELD instead.

I hate this "malicious code" nonsense.

I actually haven't seen SHIELD since Season 2.
Wait, I saw the first episode on Netflix.

>I actually haven't seen SHIELD since Season 2.
It has some good fights and you don't have to wait half the season to see any superpowers anymore.

Also, Ward is at his best once he becomes the main villain.

Holy shit, I was joking. He really did have the skull under the tape. Did I skip a line where he took it from one of his own safehouses?

>Don't miss CAGE on sale next month

We'll get to his solo series tomorrow. Tonight, we'll finish up this story so we've got the prologue.

Initially assumed this to be literally cleaning house

Like a maid

Yeah, get used to this new character trait of Luke's.
Personally, I hate it.

I feel like there's easier ways than a fucking net.

It does not deviate into making the character 'my own personal big black guy' as bad as it is