What is public transport like in your country?

What is public transport like in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o
youtu.be/aO7sTIFcer4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am literally reeeeeeeing right now.
I've been stuck in Innsbruck for 3 hours because not a single bus takes me away from there cause of big snowfalls

youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o

shitty, but it's free for me so it's ok

Full of pensioners.

Comfy

public transportation is one of the few things in that we're actually on par with western europe

Terrible. The subway smells like piss, homeless and drug addicts everywhere. The trains are never on time and it's colorfull as fuck.
Living next to the shithole Frankfurt is pain.

>Living next to the shithole Frankfurt is pain.
Where is that...

Full of churkas, bydlo and pensioners

the one Am Main, the Ossi Frankfurt is maybe just as bad though.

>t. liberal.

I got confused because you said "next to".

rmv ist purer Schmerz
t. (echter) Frankfurter
to summ it up: always late when you depend on it so fuck it.

where i live it's full of old black ladies oh lawdying this and give me strengthing that

so actually not bad especially compared to other parts of the country

matate

I hate public transport! It's better to walk or srtay home.

Decent in some cities

They are okay, and in my town they are 100% free

It's exoensive and non efficient

>public transport
No idea, I ride my bicycle everywhere, all year.

Even in the winter?

Nationwide it's pretty good if expensive. In my region it's very good. In my city (Lyon) it's excellent. Clean, fast, regular.

However in shitholes like Paris public transportation is awful.

Yes? It's -18 outside today, riding to the grocery store later.

>-18

I wish I could have some of that. Here its -26

10/10 I never need to drive.

Non-existent in my area. Get a bike, get a car, or walk fucker. There may or may not be sidewalks depending on where you want to go. Everything is planned assuming you have a car so you're probably going to be out for a while if you're on your feet. Better hope it doesn't rain.

why

>What is public transport like in your country?

Pröööööhhh :D

/Milan/

kys

good if you're in the inner city
exactly what does this mean

Whats public transport?

Inefficient, Crowded, Expansion of lines take too long. Pass not too expensive, incredibly clean, lots of street sellers.

Truth? the police do not take them out?

you answered your own question
(most people don't live in the inner city)

tell me the reason you want me dead

Metros in Budapest are patrician. They don't stop for longer than 10 seconds so you get around very quickly

just decentralise the population and make the major cities dense lmao ez

t. Kronberger Anwaltsbengel

give it about 60 years and it should be mostly done

How far away is the nearest shop ?

better world t b h kys

I'll still be alive

ok
post steam id

youtu.be/aO7sTIFcer4

>not farting at sitting passengers faces
What's wrong with you, lol

is lying, pic is edited
this is what it actually looks like here

Not bad but could be better. Also public transport in Tallinn is free for its citizens

Can be better

This

Buses of various kinds

quite good t_b_h

we have a tram that turns into a train for longer distances, no need to change

>Also public transport in Tallinn is free for its citizens

this should be the norm, just pay the tram with tax money and let everyone use it for free

Pretty Usable but expensive,
>also no one will force you to buy a ticket you can ride for free if you want

Ok, but pretty expensive. I live in a city of 200k people, and I rather cycle everywhere, because the lines are sparse and it's usually faster to go with a bike.

Dog shit

>the police do not take them out?
That's racist and intolerant.

Yeah, thanks to EU gibs.

They used to be commies, and state owned transport is all they are used too, so they got good at it.

Not perfect but it's very useful. We use swedish bus.

>poor people have 10 children
>pay taxes literally in peanuts/collect welfare
>cry when the infrastructure growth is not keeping up with the population growth
sure, it's the inefficiency

the trains in Budapest metro look like they come from 1890 tho

they were recently renovated
the stations will be, too

Brazil has low fertility rate

Quite decent. It gets you places in time and most of the time on schedule. A lot of people don't own a car due to it. Can get pretty frustrating when there are delays as you get very dependant on everything running on time.

not sure if trolling or just retarded/dutch/stupid...

go back to the sugar cane farm.

Shit, trains are overpriced and overcrowded.

Busses are filled with undesirables so I would literally rather walk in the rain.

Trams are good, but there are too few routs for them. Trolleybuses are mostly very old and noisy. Buses are much better but fat women make it almost impossible to sit. Marshrutkas are horrible and only for manlets, so i almost nevere use them
>churkas
They never use public transportation.

Is there anything more cucked in the world than a healthy adult man riding a tandem bicycle in public, and at the rear position no less?

Crowded, the train doesn't always run on schedule and it takes like 10m for one to arrive. Busses are even more unreliable and full, with a risk of getting robbed. Can't post a pic because Sup Forums is being a shit again.

How's life in Rio de Janeiro?

It's pretty ok in my city, but it can get hellish in rush hours.

>Crazy people
>Crazy people
>Crazy people
>Bums
>Crazy people
>Bums
>Crazy people
>Bums
>Crazy people
>Bums
>More Crazy people
>Students and minimum wage workers with headphones in and anxious faces
>Crazy people

Sweet Jesus I hated the bus

Ranges from non-existent to decent depending on where you are.

It is awful. The tickets are expensive, it is crowded, the trains are always late, and some subway stations unironically flood under heavy rain. Also, 2/3 of our buses or so don't even have air conditioning
Still best part of it is that you must share it with the worst kind of people. People who speak really loud at their phones, who don't even know what deodorant is, and retards who love to break stuff. Most our buses and BRT stations are damaged

I live in a rural area
So none

There's really no advantage to it. I'm a student and I have a car

I don't live in Rio, my shitposting s*uthern friend.
Honestly what bothers me isn't loudspeaking, but people physically incapable of using headphones. And there is always, always, one of those in any given bus. Be it full or almost empty. Some people have no fucking common sense.

Where then?

>pre-war
>public transport is used by the masses, all wages and ages
>post-war
>convince everyone who could possibly afford it to drive a car because it's the new thing and you hate freedom if you don't
>cancel bus services into affluent neighborhoods because they're all driving cars now
>buses only serve the ghettos anymore
>only remaining users are the bums and crazies
>WHY WOULD YOU EVER USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT, IT'S DIRTY AND DANGEROUS

Awful

We uses busses from 1970s who frequently break. You would get faster by walking on foot than going by the public transport.

On top of that they are extremely loud and often smell like puke or petrol because some drunk fuck puked all over and they dont even bother cleaning up.

There is also no heat system because its broken. Oh and dont be surprised if bus stops in the middle of the transport and catches fire. Common sight in belgrade

Although I constantly hear about people listening to music without earphones, I don't see people doing that constantly. I only recall it happening once to me

next time i see somebody listening to loud music on public transport without headphones, im gonna grab them by the ear and throw them out

Crowded but essential for low income group (basically everyone).

Recife.
I guess they just want us to listen to whatever the fuck plays in their community. It's always the one maloqueiro type, that would probably beat you up if you even look at him with disapproval.

Like a post-war WW3 trasport system. Doesn't go where it should, just robs money off people's pockets. Especially the trains, those are sure ugly.

>im gonna grab them by the ear and throw them out

Such a tough guy.

They tend to be quite crowded.

brazil more than auadroupled it's population since 1950., and grew by over 10% over in the last 7 years
but i guess you americans have pretty low standards for what qualifies as not breeding like rabbits

Dkre

Eselskarren du Idiot

Virtually nonexistent in most mid-sized cities.

I live in the Rust Belt, some 25 minutes outside the capital. The closest bus stop is a two-hour walk away, with buses only come two or three times per day. Service is a bit better in the city itself and tends to be affordable and reliable. However, most routes off the main drag only get buses a couple times per hour, which makes commuting difficult for anyone who'd prefer doing without a car.

Long-distance public transportation options make less and less sense with each passing year. Taking a train to New York from Chicago costs $20 more than flying; the bus isn't much better, either.

Inter-town options are completely nonexistent, unless you live along the Eastern Seaboard or within another massive urban conglomerate.

>All these American posts
Is that sone sort of large scale social experiments?

I live 9 km away from my workplace but walk every day.