How close is China to surpassing America militarily

How close is China to surpassing America militarily

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/chinese-military-jets-encircle-taiwanese-airspace-invasion-fears-745122
youtube.com/watch?v=sj14uzzgGU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not very; they haven't even managed to make an indigenous aircraft carrier yet.

I know people are going to say this is biased, but I personally think it's very lenient.

This being that the other month on Meet the Press (an American political talk show) they were talking about this topic. One expert, who was on the show, suggested that China would be able to rival the USA by ~2022.

Second to last pair don't look anything alike other than both being helicopters.

traditional war with no nukes? 2040
nukes enough to off each other? 2019

China hasn't been producing more nukes though. And half of their nuclear weapons are not in operational use.

In reality China will never reach the same glorious level of mutually assured destruction that USSR gave us.

You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking "How long until China has the ability to successfully take Taiwan by force while rendering U.S. intervention too costly for Washington?"

>F22
>1997

yet it's such a shit concept, that it's still barely useable

literally never, we would take to much of a diplomatic hit with allies if we did this

USA would have to descend into literal Civil War to make this happen, and even then it's a long shot.

USA is in a de facto defense agreement with the Taiwanese.
At the very most if China was to invade Taiwan, the absolute best case scenario for them would be USA just issuing a ~80% embargo on them, as well as cutting diplomatic relations, and many other negative political moves, meant to cripple China.

And for the embargo, before someone says but oy mate, that'd hurt US too.
Of course it would, but US has a trade deficit with China, that's a good thing if we ever need to embargo them.
A full embargo would cost china nearly 500b annually, whilst only costing USA 150b annually.

this isn't even beginning to mention the fact that the EU, South American nations, African nations, Oceania nations, Indochinese nations, Middle Eastern Nations, NATO nations, would all be taking similar moves.

payload delivery
you really only need 50 nukes to end us, catch is they must bypass missile defenses

Technically never because everything they have are just copies.

>you really only need 50 nukes to destroy the US
this meme has got to end

>by force
why would they want to? The infrastructure destroyed and economic costs would be crippling, not to mention
>trying to create a beachhead on an island that only has cities near coasts

It's much easier to just let our economy become more and more dependent on them until we just can't survive alone
Which was 2009

because they are trying o so hard?

its not hard, just a waste of money. they are developing hypersonic missiles. aircraft carriers are the battleships of wwii

one for each city and even indonesia can invade and win in like 20 years
some for china, 20 well placed nukes should allow mongolia to invade and take over

How do you plan to project force without a blue water navy, Chang?

>aircraft carriers are the battleships of wwii
a lone carrier is, a CBG like the ones the US have is another case entirely.

Tell that to China
newsweek.com/chinese-military-jets-encircle-taiwanese-airspace-invasion-fears-745122

You don't know the first thing about the payloads of individual nuclear weapons, nor of the amount of cities in the USA, nor of the primary locations, bases, and depots of the American homeland defenses.
Not even trying to be a cunt, you're completely wrong.

>Meet the Press
I really like that show. That and PBS Newshour.

I am a Paki, we buy Chinese military hardware so I would know more than anyone

I'll just give you an example

take a modern fighter jet, you are truly mastering the tech if you can make a really good jet engine to begin with, or just an engine but so far the Chinese havent been able to produce a good jet engine

so where does that leave you?

I think China still has a decade or so of neck break development to go

pic attached Pakistani Chinese JF 17 with a Russian RD 93 engine

they've been doing that every occasion they could, we're used to it
>election? military drills
>china sea controversy? military drills
>protests? you know the drill

>but so far the Chinese havent been able to produce a good jet engine

They've only recently been able to make ball point pens. What their military hardware and planes is like I shudder to think.

don't forget
>k-pop star waves Taiwan flag? military drills

Except we do kno...actually yea yea you are right we don't know anything.

Still a long way to go if we're taking the economic aspect of it. The thing is, even if America's economy collapse and their population declines, their military will always be their greatest strength and the main reason why they can be called superpower.

thats why we take some stuff from them and combine it with the stuff thats crucial from you guys or Shitalians/ French etc. also Brazil and Zuth Africa are also helpful

end product is then something thats impressive

chinks can't even build their own jet engine

oh fuck I totally forgot about that
man she's a qt

Military conflict between superpowers has been rendered obsolete by nuclear weapons

I think it's by given role

They're comparing the W-Z10 to the Apache when it would look more like the Eurocopter Tiger

But Morocco and Spain went to war?

sorry about that

What's the story?

>born too early to experience global peace
>born to late to die as cannonfodder in a world war
>born just in time when meme-warfare is an actual thing

Pretty much this, our AF tried chinese engines for our Flankers and they last half Russian ones since you can't copy the metallurgy involved but that was 8 years ago. They must have improved by trial and error in that period.

By 2030 although rate of their advancement is acccelerating more and more each year.

And that’s a good thing

>waved our flag on a tv show
>china threw a shitfit
>issued an apology on how taiwan isn't a nation
There never was anything to come out of that but the general consensus is that her company made her say it
Funny thing is that incident was just months before our general election, which saw the KMT lose like 90% of its seats

It's ok korea we still love you

Disgusting bullying

What I'm angry with is that our entertainment has admitted some 'One China'

And that's why I'm sorry about Taiwan

You should also check out Frontline (also from PBS). It's got some really hard-hitting investigative journalism that doesn't descend into tabloid shennanigans.

I said have the capability, not actually needing to carry it out. Taiwan being reliant on China is one thing, Beijing having the means to make Washington ask "Is war with Beijing really worth it?" is just the final leverage.

They don't need to be militarily stronger than the US. They're already using their economy to bully other nations.

From their UAV booth.

Stealth drones are the future m8.

I've seen it. Really really good. Our national broadcaster (NRK) airs it from time to time.

>Brit pride cometh before the fall
You're less relevant than you've ever been in history. China would curbstomp you in any conflict.

China fleet/army don't even have the capacity to reach UK

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.

You already abandoned Taiwan when you dumped them from the UNSC. It's been a slow death ever since.

Let us assume Zhang has surpassed Cleetus in technology.

Cleetus has been at war in every decade, honing his craft in the art of waging war.

Zhang's last major war was against Nguyen where he lost terribly.

Zhang also does not have any friends while Cleetus can't count on Takeshi, Kim and Zhang's more civilized cousin Wang.

Technologically they're a decade behind. In power projection much more.
They don't really have the intention of becoming a global hegemony like the US though, they just want to control their part of Asia and the surrounding seas militarily and keep the rest of the world's balls in a vice grip economically. No interest in power projection in Europe unlike the US or especially Russia.

>one for each city and even indonesia can invade and win in like 20 years
Nuking cities is the dumbest thing you can do. Literally a waste of warheads, and the Chinese are really lacking in warheads.

Cleetus also has the 1st and 2nd largest air forces in the world, 11 super carriers and 2 unsinkable aircraft carriers

the only purpose of nukes is to hit cities

Relevancy isn't only military power. UK is and will be more relevant than chinks ever

>the only purpose of nukes is to hit cities
>australian knowledge of nuclear strategy

American education confirmed.

>said literally no one ever
They wouldn't have even had an empire without China.

>what is science and culture
Britain is much more internationally recognizable. Chinks are mostly known for their food and shit quality products

Brits don't even have their own internationally known smartphone brands while China builds literally everything. You call them shitty quality and yet you probably own several things Made in China (including iOS and Android phones).

Plus Brits have already told the EU to fuck off. Their "international recognition" fades with every passing year.

Having own smartphone brand is a mileatone to relevancy? Damn, I guess that means we're more relevant than brits also. International brands choose to produce their goods in a country where it's cheap, shithole with non-exsistent labor rights and hundreds of millions chinks at disposal makes it ideal location
>Plus Brits have already told the EU to fuck off
How this related in any way?

You're thinking of F-35.

There is literally nothing wrong with the F-35A or C though.
>amazing engine
>stealth
>great max payload
>amazing software
>amazing sensors
>bit lacking in hardpoints
>cheaper than eurocanards except gripen
I kinda wish we'd buy them for HX

Britain has Shell, HSBC, BP, Barclays, Unilever, and other companies. Yet they ain't relevant because they have no internationally known smartphone brands

Well copycat are fine as long as they works. I read somewhere Russia do transfer of technology of some sukhoi model to china.

I wonder that Chinese can copy also these ability?

Apple can thank the industrial designer Sir Jonathan Ive for making them who they are today.

I think we all can answer that question knowing chinese "engineering"

youtube.com/watch?v=sj14uzzgGU8

Thank you user.
I hope so...
Since Japan is very close to China,
I'm afraid China's military strength.

The main problem with the Chinese army is that's very inexperienced. Getting your army to do shit is actually pretty hard to do especially when you have a huge one like china.
The US on the other hand, being the paragons of peace that they are, have been at war for most of their history.
Equipment aside the US army would absolutely demolish the chinese one even if they had the better equipment and they don't

>How this related in any way?
How is it not? Isolationist countries tend to have stunted international status, just ask North Korea.

A few oil companies and banks. Wow. Pales in comparison to most Chinese companies.

Too bad he's not working for a British company.

oh look it's the same loser as before

just a tip: the chinese gov doesn't care about Sup Forums, they won't notice you

Chinese doctrine is adapting and conventional warfare is becoming less and less relevant with every decade. You're still acting like China and America are going to meet on some grand battlefield and clash weapons and armies like kids in a big sandbox. They're not. A war would most likely happen over Taiwan or North Korea, with both powers avoiding total war or even direct confrontation since no one wants to spark a nuclear conflict.

Just a tip: no one cares about you. Certainly no Americans whose dicks you try to suck. Now go protect your women before they bear more Arab children.

The only purpose of nukes is to kill pests, of course
Hence nuclear tests in Australian desert and bombing of Japan

I think Navy wise they're doing pretty good so far, in 5 years they built their Navy and they're making neighbor shit their pants there.

The new Type 055 makes my wee wee throbble, but they still have to catch up with U.S.

Superpower by 2040.

closer then it was 50 years ago but it's never going to exceed the Americans by virtue that the USA vastly outspends China in military expenditures.