New Ducktales hype thread.
this art style kind of sucks

Other urls found in this thread:

animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/animation-expansion.html
youtube.com/watch?v=URlB3RmHy7E
youtube.com/watch?v=eXFLRVKi4fM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to fuck the girl duck.

Looks fucking awful. Anyone who likes this needs to get the dick out of their mouth,

It's pretty bad, but it could be worse.
As long as writing is good it'll be passable.

What the fuck is this shit taste? The designs look amazing.

Pull that dick out of your mouth. Your taste is awful. Or keep the dick in there and watch some SU. Your life do what you want.

Holy shit, kill yourselves, faggots devoid of any taste.

no it really fucking sux, only Donald is faithful, plus I've been told there's a new guy doing Donald Duck and that he's goddam awful.

so would you say this is raping tms's corpse or just shitting on it

Watch the original and come back with a better opinion.

>samefagging
Seriously, it looks awful. Like Breadwinners bad.

Shitting on it. Won't know if rape until we see some story and jokes.

>All this negativity
Its not going to look like the originals, ever.

But compared to what we could have gotten this is pretty good. Its just the art style of the current Mickey shorts, which need I remind you all are very good, applied to the Duck side of Disney.

I don't think it'd work with the Goofy's Extreme Shorts style stuff, but its alright for this.

> cant explain why it looks bad
> false hostility
> name dropping SU right off the bat

and yet people will still reply seriously to this predictable shit

People like you?

>eyes to large
>head to large
>bill to small
>head looks like rounded dice
>face moves around head instead of head moving with face
>hat is part of the body outline
>no wrists
>webby isn't a toddler
>webby has Einstein hair
>body shape is wrong
>legs and bottom half of body are to small
>webby has clothes that defy gravity
>webby has clothes that cover the bottom half of her body
>somehow have worse hair than Quack Pack
>facial expressions are beyond lazy except for Donald

I mean look at this image, this is Quack Pack, how can a main cast disney cartoon be so poorly designed that Quack Pack makes it look like gutter trash?

>Its not going to look like the originals, ever.
nigga it doesn't get more negative than that

-------- I like it. --------

as long as we get a fully animated arc of the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, I'll enjoy it all the way

I want Donald to be allowed to do some cool shit this time around.

At least Bob Jaques is running the show.

We won't. What kind of stupid idea is that?

I thought the animation in the new Mickey Mouse shorts was great, but this better be traditionally animated or I'll be pissed.

You can only deny classic characters what they deserve for so long

>Why would you possibly want the best Scrooge McDuck story ever to be animated?
>That's a stupid idea.
Fuck off.

Disney TV animation does not have the money to do this with traditional animation, you're lucky that Mercury Filmworks is doing this.

source?

>if I pretend he said something else completely I can prove him wrong and ignore that I was wrong

I was thinking the art looks a little like GuriHiru's

>Disney TV animation does not have the money to do this with traditional animation
Pfft yes they do, go look at that Star Vs The Forces Of Evil show. Even that's traditionally animated

Bob Jaques works for MFW and Paul Ruddish left Disney to work on the SJ reboot for CN/AS.

>i want x to happen
>that won't happen
>wtf how could you not want to see that?!
Do you have brain problems?

>What kind of stupid idea is that?
Do you?

Bob Jacques working at Mercury doesn't automatically just make him showrunner.

I asked for a source, post one

looks great :o)

Ok. Explain why it is likely that the Ducktales cartoon will adopt Life and Times and not just stupid pining for something that won't happen. I'm particularly interested to hear how you'll deal with how none of the boys are in 90% of the story.

The thing is that their running low on money in recent years, so much so that 2017/18 will be their last year doing non-preschool stuff as they're already merging the 2 TV units together to only do preschool shows.

animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/animation-expansion.html

Meanwile, Warner Bros is slowly closing up their TV shop (they have projects, but they're slowing down on new content).

I'm not listing this as any sort of reason, but did anyone ever give a fuck about the three boys?

It kind of feels like Disney are throwing money at kids & animated TV again, maybe because with the addition of online viewing, their viewership numbers have spiked again.

And so long as that online viewership is supported either with ads or an affordable subscription it provides incentive for quality programming with a budget.

But that goes without saying for basically every single IP.

I mean, come on! If you're getting a continuation, its going to look different. You just hope it won't feel different, or like the new Flintstones comic the changes are for the better because it stands as its own thing without changing feelings towards the original.

>The thing is that their running low on money in recent years
The link you just posted talks about them running out of room, not money. There's no mention of this preschool stuff either.

nigga you gay

No, if that were the case the shows they are pumping out will look like the show they made between 1985-1995 if they were "throwing money at kids & animated TV".

because everything WB turns out gets shitcanned by CN, almost immediately.

CN only likes to use stuff that's made in house, I expect the new JL cartoon to suffer the same fate

do you even know what traditionally animated means fucktard?

What channel? Disney channel? Disney XD? Cartoon Network???

>Merging units.
>Laying people off.
>Shows made in the past few years being cheap as fuck with shows with any type of real budget (Gravity Falls, 7D) getting axed.
>Preschool shows are the only shows to bring in profit, other shows are lucky to make back their budget.
>Can't leach off of the feature unit like they did in the Eisner era, have to fend for themselves just like Sony with Sony Pictures and SCEI (PlayStation unit).

Sounds like money issues to me.

>CN only likes to use stuff that's made in house.
Or cost next to nothing to make (TTG).
Said to be XD.

>XD
That's a bad omen usually.

>people bitching about the designs
>hmm, this style looks familiar

Where's the faith, Sup Forums?

I hope Donald gets to be badass every other episode.

Do you? Look, it's traditionally animated, despite not being on paper. You're wrong, now shut the fuck up
youtube.com/watch?v=URlB3RmHy7E

Don't fear, Paul Ruddish is at CN doing the SJ reboot, he will not be anywhere near this.
But thats stiff pose to pose stuff, not the type of animation you expect from Disney.

youtube.com/watch?v=eXFLRVKi4fM

Tentatively optimistic. I'd like it to be a bit more grounded in actual historical treasure hunts rather than The Hidden Relics of ItsMaKibble stuff; that's something I soured on in the original series when I picked up Barks' stuff afterward. Besides that, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it's entertaining.

>But thats stiff pose to pose stuff, not the type of animation you expect from Disney.
Still traditional. Asia has been doing stiff pose to pose stuff for us since the early 80s, nothing new

But the 1985-1995 stuff moved like real life, just like their features.

I dig the backgrounds, but not the designs. Kinda wish they picked something that mixed better with them.
Or that they made short mini comics instead.

>they're all white

But they're ducks, so it's OK. Black and green ducks are a Warner Bros thing anyway.

Me

>not muh ducks
Never change, Sup Forums

Looks pretty good t b h

Black ducks are Muscovy ducks.

Muscovy ducks are Satan.

jesus christ americans what the fuck are you doing
>OC DONUT STEEL bitch
>Making the triplets look different
>one of them is mini-scrooge
please just stop
this is physically hurting me

So it looks like Huey, Duey and Louie will be given more distinct personalities

Why is there a girl duck?

>Never watched DuckTales

Yeah, one's a bookworm whose probably the one who always takes out the Guidebook, one's an adventurer and ones'a greedy

Only a few episodes and 1990 was a very long time ago.

So, why is there a girl duck?

It looks good though.

Lots of faggots in this thread incidentally.

What? It looks more like the original comic than the old show ever did.

Hi Lothar

hasn't school started back yet?

I'm pretty sure many do

I don't follow your line of thinking at all. It's normal to have little memory of something that you last saw 26 years ago. But if we're throwing baseless accusations around, you're a poofter and you like dicks.

There's going to be a lot of blowback from ancient nerds like us because it's not muh late '80s Disney Afternoon Ducktales, but the designs aren't actually bad and it could be a decent cartoon, provided it's scripted and voice acted properly.

Do we know if it's going to be largely episodic, or are they going to run a larger meta-plot over the course of many episodes? That could also make or break the show.

As will whoever they get to voice Scrooge. That's going to be a big one as someone who grew up with Alan Young voicing Scrooge in everything.

Where's Launchpad?

Who?

Why use a Donut Steel when you can just use the far more funny, popular and iconic Donald Duck? Launchpad was a mistake and they know it.

Fuck you, I like my childhood memories.

Gizmo was worse. Most sidecharacters wasn't good. I remember a butler and a nanny both are boring.

Because.

I think she's another niece tho.

Launchpad was perfect for Darkwing Duck

>>Can't leach off of the feature unit like they did in the Eisner era, have to fend for themselves just like Sony with Sony Pictures and SCEI (PlayStation unit).

We got Big Hero 6 and Tangled shows coming next year

That Donald is great, really similar to the comics

inb4 some nostalgiafag starts a petition to change the artsyle to classic Ducktales

Is Scrooge gonna be wearing his brownish red jacket?

It's a rich white male duck dominated society.

Why are they all inside Monkey Englishman?

It's Scrooge's silhouette, silly.

Sure hope Donald is a main character this time.

>Mercury Filmworks
Really? Fucking saved.

When did I gain the ability to tell if something's going to be low-budget flash/toonboom just from the art?

This.

Famicom get out.

Only when a good studio was doing the episode.

You still butthurt over him winning a video game award?

Why would you want the Life and Times to be part of a DuckTales reboot? DuckTales is so far off tonally from Rosa and Barks' stories that it's not even funny.
Now, a lovingly-animated miniseries, on the other hand...

>Tangled shows
WHAT?!