Scrapped movies and shows

youtube.com/watch?v=_SyZ0PeN0Do

Was supposed to come out in 2009, then in 2013 the studio closed down.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VfHGTRJQbd0
youtube.com/watch?v=VoNMq6ABcoU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzLrYeKlSag
icv2.com/articles/news/view/7757/cartoon-network-licenses-gamera
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2lKBra4QSBs
youtube.com/watch?v=SjjQhLRbu-w
youtube.com/watch?v=e5mpJbdlRvY
youtube.com/watch?v=TQUUcB3vbsw
youtube.com/watch?v=3hvjSlbtzuM
youtube.com/watch?v=zscrv7OJ3TU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_(franchise)#Live-action_film
youtube.com/watch?v=sBgkLxw-6Xk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I barely remember that show, did it really need a movie?

There was a tv show with these characters on Fox Kids in the 90s. I barely remember it though.

I would have enjoyed the Atlantis series

youtube.com/watch?v=VfHGTRJQbd0

Walt Disney wanted to do an animated movie about the little prince

Oggy and the Cockroaches got one.

Don't forget this.

Well Oggy and the Cockroaches is awesome

If movies that ended up being rewritten into a completely different movie than what they started off from count, Kingdom of the Sun which became The Emperor's New Groove.

Look up a documentary called The Sweatbox. Real interesting shit.

I rather doubt the original plans would have been as enjoyable as what we got. Fascinating indeed, though.

I legitimately was excited for that outside of the fetish potential.
This got a cartoon on FOX kids and a Dreamcast game. Somewhere at that studio really fucking loved that concept.

He also apparently wanted to do a movie based on a Dr. Seuss book, but Seuss wanted nothing to do with him.

No. I'm definitely glad they ended up with the movie we got. The original story sounds like a clusterfuck.

But goddamn! I would kill to see a full workprint of the original.

Seuss had closer ties to the Warner Bros. directors than he did with Disney. He contributed to the Private Snafu shorts during WWII, there were two Looney Tunes shorts about Horton the Elephant and all the tv special adaptations, while made at MGM, were directed/produced by Chuck Jones and Friz Freleng.

I think the wacky Looney Tunes style of animation fits the Dr. Seuss books better than what Disney at the time was doing.

I guess they must've drop the idea after another studio beat them to do it first.

>Two WB Horton shorts

Really? I remember Horton hatches the egg, but what was the other one? I thought the first one was a pilot that theatre owners didn't really respond to.

the idea died together with Walt

also miyazaki wanted to make a pippi longstocking movie but astrid lindgren refused it

Why is it in Space Goofs there's sometimes a two headed alien and sometimes there isn't?

>also miyazaki wanted to make a pippi longstocking movie but astrid lindgren refused it

I can't even imagine. It'd be a bigger mindfuck than going from the Borrowers to Arriety.

I thought they did a Horton Hears a Who short as well but I may have been wrong about that.

They got rid of Stereo after the first season because people didn't like him, though he came back in two episodes of the second season.

At some point between the seasons, Stereo managed to get off the planet while testing one of Etno's ships, accidentally leaving all the others behind while arguing with himself.

Both episodes where he came back ended with him getting off the planet in the same way.

I keep trying to find stuff on Disney's Katbot. Or the flash series that they bought the rights to and then cancelled when the show died mid-production. The flash series was from 2000. The show was supposed to be 2005, but it never made it to premiere.

youtube.com/watch?v=VoNMq6ABcoU

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzLrYeKlSag

Newt

At one point in the mid 00s, Cartoon Network was planning to make a Gamera cartoon.

icv2.com/articles/news/view/7757/cartoon-network-licenses-gamera

>tfw we got Rio instead of this

But Xilam is still there and kicking.

Aww. They cut Stereo.

I didn't particularely like Stereo, but I think the cast felt too small after they wrote him (them?) off.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2lKBra4QSBs The Heathcliff cgi movie

why is xilam so fucking based?
all their shows have a much greater animation quality than the shit america's putting out

I meant Action Synthese.

The 1993 Betty Boop movie

youtube.com/watch?v=SjjQhLRbu-w

Man I really hate that green alien's voice actor who was popular in older cartoons back when

Their final work before it shuttered in 2013 was the second season of some Norwegian pre-school show.

fucking featherfags

What do they do to the girl

>Bad Kitty
>not Bad News

More like blame Pixar for its inner issues that didn't let them finish their movie before BlueSky finished theirs.

Why can't they make it just because Rio is out? So what's the big deal?

Animation studios always die in misery. Just check klaspy ksupo's current site.

Actually it was Orson Welles who wanted to do it and Disney refused because he thought to highly of the concept.

So like...does she inflate as a superpower or is it the suit?

There are rumors that Seuss ghostwrote a couple Donald Duck books for Disney.

www.disneyhistoryinstitute.com/2014/08/duck-in-hat.html

It's not just Rio. It's also Alpha and Omega. Two animated children's movies were released with the same premise before Newt even entered active production.

At one point, Mainframe Studios was going to do a pre-school targeted spin-off of Reboot that involved a bunch of 1 and 0s (what were they called? Binodes?) living on a farm.

Welker does a better Heathcliff than Garfield

Imagi who did TMNT and Astro Boy were going to do films on Tetsujin 28/Gigantor and Gatchaman. I kinda had hope T28 got done, though the human characters are kinda meh.
youtube.com/watch?v=e5mpJbdlRvY
youtube.com/watch?v=TQUUcB3vbsw

Didn't they also want to do a Legend of Zelda film?

youtube.com/watch?v=3hvjSlbtzuM

youtube.com/watch?v=zscrv7OJ3TU Rainmaker was going to do a Reboot movie, now they will do a live-action series.

>Gatchaman
That would have been cool.

Early synopsis said that all the teens powers are innate, and the hoodies just focus them.

I was legitimately interested in the concept. The art design is top notch and the animation is good. Shame it never came out.

Believe it or not, there were serious talks of an Atomic Robo animated film, but it got turned down when they pitched it to Blue Sky in favor of doing Rio instead. The writers decided to repurpose some plots of the movie for the comic instead.

Dreamworks apparently came close to doing a movie based on the Echidna comics Archie did.

There was a separate attempt to make a Sonic the Hedgehog movie, but Ken Penders Pendered it all up.

Sun City

fans everywhere are begging for the old version of the film Zootopia, apparently it was nearly completed

That live action Evangelion film. I was kinda looking forward to it, I really wanted to see live action EVAs. A big problem with casting since supposedly they wanted to use known actors instead of actors of actual race. The thing is the only western studio involved was the distributor of the anime series, ADV Films, also Weta Workshop worked on concept art. It seemed like a big pipe dream for ADV which possibly also helped them go bankrupt. A summary of it in on Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_(franchise)#Live-action_film
I don't care about the film anymore and I love what I saw in something like Pacific Rim, but the one thing that has pissed about this is the anime has not been distributed in over a decade in the west. I guess ADV still owns distribution rights and since they're all sue happy with Gainax I don't expect them to rerelease the series on Blu Ray even under Sentai Filmworks. Still where the fuck is the End of EVA Blu Ray? ADV didn't own that.

youtube.com/watch?v=sBgkLxw-6Xk

I wish someone would bring back this old pilot and do something.

The creator actually recently got the rights back to it. Last I heard he's been shopping it around to some French studios and is considering a comic series.