One of the most disappointing cinema experiences ever

One of the most disappointing cinema experiences ever

Other urls found in this thread:

alien-covenant.com/news/ridley-scott-explains-why-david-bombed-engineers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice

watch the tree of life then, nothing more disappointing than that

I agree

Also, Prometheus is a better film despite all the bad writing, Covenant is worse. Covenant actually made me kinda appreciate what Prometheus tried and failed to do,
sorta.

AC is the best Alien movie since the original. If you disagree you're probably 18 years old.

Reminder: the original script for Prometheus directly connected to Alien. It was a one and done affair. However, in order to stretch things out, most explicit references were dropped in the rewrite process and the narrative was stretched out to span multiple films. Remember, Ridley wants to turn Alien into a franchise comparable to Star Wars.

I can't even remember the name of the main character, or any of the other ones aside from David / Walter. I saw this in theaters. It's forgettable trash, the writing was bad, just like with Prometheus, despite this movie coming from a perspective that Scott "fucked up" with Prometheus and wanted to correct the movie's legacy with this turd.

This movie won't be remembered, the sad thing is people will remember Prometheus more than this abomination, a few years from now it will be completely forgotten.

>the sad thing is people will remember Prometheus more than this abomination
If Prometheus is a better movie, how is this "sad"?

honestly what were you expecting?

capeshit is a better option for (you)

>I copied my opinion from reddit and then skimmed through a camrip to "confirm" my opinion
Yeah, you're definitely a millenial. AC is one of those movies that are going to become classics later on after the popular narrative turns.

At the least Prometheus has 10x as much rewatch ability. Too bad since Prometheus 2 could have been great.

I thought Aliens were supposed to be a weapon of another lovecraft mighty race which then transform into giant pyramids n shit?

And you are telling me that a fucking IA created them?

And why are there alien eggs in an alien ship at the beginning of alien 1 then???

FUCK THIS DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE

>boohoo it's my like my comic books
Grow up faggot.

i saw these theories here, that this was the original plot, etc.
and yea, i found those better than what we got in the end.

>AC is one of those movies that are going to become classics later on
lol

No, thats prometheus.

I can't believe how hard they fucked up after Prometheus, 3 and Resurrection.

What was David's fucking problem.?Was genociding the engineers really necessary?

>Was genociding the engineers really necessary?

No, it's necess..fuck

>disappointing

So you had expectations?

Fucking retard

You could see that sliver of hope in their eyes

>Fassbender returning
>learn more about the engineers
>discover Shaw's fate
>no Lindelof

then things began to down spiral

>James Franco
>Danny McBride
>faggots
>modern machine guns
>Waterston's stupid hair
>Engineers don't look like engineers
>backburster

Like a beautiful car crash..

So does a Prometheus appear in this film?

Yeah. I have re-watched Prometheus but Covenant doesn't at all make you want to re-watch it. There is 18 mins of deleted scenes on the blu ray so will watch that

Prometheus was the name of the ship you idiot

No he was the giant bald white guy.

Jesus christ man. David didn't create the xenos. We saw the murals on the ceiling in Prometheus. The Crossing prologue shows us David "learned their ways" while on board the ship.

If the US creates an atomic bomb and then other countries learn how and suddenly have them OH MY GOD IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THE US CREATED THEM

Prometheus was all about David becoming infatuated with the Engineers technology and it confirming his disdain for humans, even though he is their creation.

Alien Covenant is about his disdain growing beyond humans and the Engineers themselves.

In Prometheus the Engineer at the end rips the head off David once he realizes he is not organic. The opening of the film sets up the Engineers have a very religious way of seeding life and embracing death, so the idea of a synthetic robot living forever in any environment is a threat to their existence.

The opening of Covenant sums up the entire film. At birth, David immediately is aware of his superiority over his creators, and the film further explores his attempt to become superior to his creator's creators.

But whatever man. They didn't wear space suits on the planet and that one guy looked into the egg just like Kane did in Alien so 0/10 garbage.

>>no Lindelof

The funniest part about the "that hack Lindelof is solely responsible for ruining Prometheus!" is the year everyone hates Covenant is the same year The Leftovers is being praised and considered one of the best series of the decade.

>I thought Aliens were supposed to be a weapon of another lovecraft mighty race which then transform into giant pyramids n shit?

What? I've never heard of this.

Why did the Engineers go from looking awesome in Prometheus to looking like retarded, like the dude from the movie Powder on roids?

the truth is the pacing and action plots in covenant should've been in prometheus, therefore you have to watch both movies to get the full effect. ridley has one more chance at making the perfect hybrid with the follow up to covenant.

Because that wasn't an Engineer planet he bombed. It was another planet they seeded. Hence their excitement when their "gods" returned home before realizing it was David bombing them.

So when Ridley Scott himself says that he bombed the ENGINEERS because David hates the ENGINEERS that means they couldn't possibly be ENGINEERS right?

alien-covenant.com/news/ridley-scott-explains-why-david-bombed-engineers

>Because that wasn't an Engineer planet he bombed.
Literally nothing suggests this.

>At birth, David immediately is aware of his superiority over his creators
It goes beyond that, notice how when asked what he sees, he only goes to speak about man made things, anything associated with art, despite sitting right in front of a mighty landscape. This is the complete opposite of Walter who goes straight for the landscape.

>Prometheus budget : 120-130 million
>AC budget : 97 million

Awakening budget will be 50-60 million with engineers looking the same as your picture.

i read it on this board.

The planet was described as the engineer homeworld.