How does it feel not being the core audience anymore? An improvement towards the better, or not?

How does it feel not being the core audience anymore? An improvement towards the better, or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/marjoriemliu/status/590965586198454272
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was never the core audience.

I don't read Marlel

Now being filled with political propaganda, I say it's worse, really it isn't about super heroes any more, it's just about the writer's ego.

>How does it feel not being the core audience anymore?

Comic shop owners have been the core audience for decades already. Individual sales don't matter a lick to their business model.

You can say that again.

pffHAHAHA keep telling yourself that its a new thing in comics

>May
>83 Mockingbird 3 $3.99 Marvel 21,912

>June
>139 Mockingbird 4 $3.99 Marvel 15,975

So... that's the power of the new core audience... wow

Yeah, comics. at least Marvel and DC, have always had a liberal slant to them. Still, though, I feel like it has been dialed up to a whole new level with this current generation. But perhaps I merely got into comics in a relative low period.

I hate seeing this shit on Sup Forums but this page is so fucking retarded I can't stand it

>all of her potential female role models put her down.
>Ignoring female characters just to prove a meaningless, frankly sexist point

Jesus christ, who wrote this garbage? the art is wasted on it. Its not worth the paper it was printed on

I was never audience, and I'm VERY thankfull for that!!
This reeks of male bashing and womyn vitimisation

>Yeah, comics. at least Marvel and DC, have always had a liberal slant to them.

sometimes and JFK and Carter now a days would be called sexist racist xenophobes by even the most moderate democrats

Marvel and to a lesser extent DC have gone full blown leftist SJW PC faggots with the complete inability to tell a story with out ham-fistedly shoving their political beliefs into the stories.
Like most modern day liberals they are so insecure in their flawed political stance they have to reinforce it by bringing it up all the time regardless of how NOT related the current topic is

HOW DOES SHE NOT HAVE CANCER?

>An improvement towards the better
No

>Jesus christ, who wrote this garbage?
Chelsea Cain

>the art is wasted on it.
Webcomic artist

This is just Marvel trying to bully their way into that sweet Raina telgemeier money except girls don't give a shit about superhero comics for the most part, they want comics about other little girls.

>Jesus christ, who wrote this garbage?

This is the writer on Twitter:

Remember kids:

A hero is somebody who beats somebody who has just surrendered in the head with a sledgehammer.

Tell me about it.

Honestly. I thoughy disney would put a stop to all thos shit. They hace historically been for traditional values.

If that, even. Is there any research on how much of the market they even make up?

telgemeier who I mentioned makes millions a year because her shit sales like hotcakes, girls read comics but they're not reading DC or Marvel, they read slice of life stuff they sell at book fairs

>I feel like it has been dialed up to a whole new level with this current generation

That's because liberals in the 60s and 70s where actually pushing for something meaningful. Liberrals today are throwing bitch fits because comic books don't use the proper pronoun.

My parents marched on Washington, they wouldn't wipe their ass with this crap

The did influx of normies from the movies cause this, or where it just the natural flow of things as most comic writers lean left?

There are still plenty of comics, Marvel and otherwise, that I still enjoy.

I don't mind if other comics are made that appeal to other audiences. I prefer it actually, I'd like comics to continue for as long as possible so the more people that read them, the better.

>left: Punisher Max of the MAX line of adult comics

>right: not the MAX line, something about Fantastic Fout which I don't get the problem, some chibbi art which Marvel has done before Disney bought them, cover art from before the second season of Daredevil, fanart

Yeah Disney ruined the Punisher, sure.

When minorities became sorta accepted progressives moved on to gays, now that gays have been largely accepted they try to push trans, and other such, issues.

Progressives are all about progressing, even though it may not be fruitful progress, although it could be, it's in their nature to push the envelope on what society considers wrong. For good or not.

Honestly wouldn't suprsie me if some years down the line they would support pedofiles' right to be in a relationship with kids.

How are the feminists able to push their agenda everywhere? Movies, games and comics.

Dunno about you, but I'm enjoying finally being the core audience for once.

>Punisher Max of the MAX line of adult comics

And a random Franken-Castle.

Nothing wrong with pedophilia.

Because feminist money is worth more than regular money, but twice as hard to separate from them.

How much money did Marvel lose in total? Is this the age of Indie comics?

Some progressives already DO support and defend pedophilia, though it isn't a large-scale section of the movement. It's more like "Okay, so they diddled a kid ONCE. But they're over it now. And look, they're, like, totally in support of trans rights! That makes up for everything they've ever done!"

So it's less defending pedophilia and more defending pedophiles. But I'm sure once we start getting to anti-agism and civil rights for children, then we'll start seeing more of the shit you're only supposed to see in declassified FBI documents.

Little of both. Gail Simone browbeat her way into a career with a tunnel-visioned article about alleged sexism in comics before it was cool, and many comic pros tend to be insecure self-loathing self-flagellating orbiters.

Which they should do, because absolutely nothing is wrong with pedophilia.

>then we'll start seeing more of the shit you're only supposed to see in declassified FBI documents

Fantastic Four is still in the Marvel 616 universe, they're just mot the Fantastic Four anymore, Reed, Sue and the future foundation are on Battleworld, Ben is with the GotG and Johnny is an Inhuman.

It's more along the lines of 'I want to fuck kids... but I won't"

Still fcked up imo

Sorry i meant.
>What?

You mean who sells well in bookstores. Like Amulet.

I have no problem with Marvel making more kid friendly books again. MA Spider-man is one of my faves. Mockingbird isn't that. It's some kind of weird feminism acid trip. I don't know if we're taking it or the character is.

>civil rights for children

that will be a fun war to wage. Maybe then people will finally learn to hold parents accountable for their kids bullshit

>Reed, Sue and the future foundation are on Battleworld
Some other random planet. Battleworld is now where people fight each other for iso-8.

BRAVO, TRUELY WILL BE REMEMBWRED AS ONE OF MARVELS GREATEST AUTHORS

Probably more of the latter, plus the fact that good writers don't necessarily want to work for the Big 2 nowadays. Last time I checked, the movies didn't exactly make comics any more popular than they used to be, and I'm pretty sure readership is still slipping.

Bitch we don't like to talk about tampons because they are gross. I dont go on and on about how no will talk about my stinky hairy balls.

Its called fucking decency.

Makes me wonder how 1940s Sup Forums would react to The Clan of the Fiery Cross.

When you put it that way, sure.
But there's still everything wrong with child molestation.

I'm pretty sure the FBI has lists and lists of secret means of communication between pedophiles, like symbols and shit that they wear.

Yeah, see above.
Still a dumb idea to be public about it, as if the taboo will go away once you have your rights.

Nah, they're still just gonna blame video games.
Remember: The goal in the Blame Gameā„¢ is to get everybody else to assume the culprit is something or someone who is not you.

>. Last time I checked, the movies didn't exactly make comics any more popular than they used to be, and I'm pretty sure readership is still slipping.
This would be incorrect. Comic sales have seen steady annual growth since 2012, when the Avengers successfully showed the appeal of a shared universe to normies.

>Honestly wouldn't suprsie me if some years down the line they would support pedofiles' right to be in a relationship with kids.
Nigga it's already happening. Remember the clusterfuck earlier this year that spawned out of that chick that worked for Nintendo saying maybe it wasn't so bad to fiddle a kid hypothetically?

>mfw this entire thread

White males still are the core audience.

Its just socially acceptable to belittle that audience these days.

Omg that is so fucking sexist. Are yoh SERIOUSLY comparing your disgusting balls to a perfect besutiful tool that helps BILLIONS of young girls? I am literally shaking in anger right now.

>mansplaining
always makes me think of this

>steady annual growth
>publishers pump out more variants than ever before
>LCS are stuck with product they haven't flipped
GROWTH INDEED

Wait, you're telling me Swamp Thing isn't about a dude with swamp ass?

Was that the Superman radio show episode? Does Sup Forums still love Superman?

Trade sales have also grown.

That's about being a good person.

Still hating faggots and sexism was rampant back then.

>>steady annual growth>publishers pump out more variants than ever before>LCS are stuck with product they haven't flipped
GROWTH INDEED

Yeah my LCS owner already said he is no longer falling for the variant cover bullshit since he can't sell the variants for enough $$$ to cover his dead stock that is filling his dollar bins

Fighting the KKK does not = SJWs today
(btw the KKK was started and promoted by democrats)

I fucking cringe every time one of my female friends starts talking about her period. I don't wanna hear about that shit because it's gross, it's not sexism.

>reading the Black Casebook
>"Batman buys US bonds. Do you?"
>Batman's smug grin basically telling you "oh yeah, you're buying those, cunt"

Early propaganda was hilarious.

That Punisher in the Daredevil shirt is from the 2014 series which ended almost a year before Daredevil season 2 came out.

Women logic.

The more freedom women get the more retarded they are.

it hurts, mister trips. it hurts bad. it was an outcast sort of thing for a kid to like over a certain age when I was young, and it's still an outcast thing today, there's just more outcasts spread out across a messy Venn diagram & some of them lean more normie than others.

>How are the feminists able to push their agenda everywhere?
a combination of the supposed moral high ground and ownership of boobs and holes people want to touch.

>pedos
I don't personally have a strong opinion on pedos one way or another other than it's a rule we agreed on as a society, and a line drawn in the sand. We've got three things left; you can't fuck corpses, you can't fuck animals, and you can't fuck kids. You know the progressives are looking to clear these hurdles next. Once they try, and if they ever do, then we cease to be civilized, and the only thing left to question is killing, and things are going to get absolutely barbaric.

>F4 is in shambles
They were only really a starting point for cool cosmic stuff like Silver Surfer, but what a shame.

Fuck, that's not even covering the good old renumbering bump

>generalizing

or maybe it's because we'd rather talk about pads, and sticking cotton up your cooch is ridiculous

Not sure where you live, but you can fuck animals legally in quite a few states

Yes, and god, I hope so.

I mean, I get the superhero as role model thing. It's not a new phenomena. It just seems to me that many marvel and DC writers are so, so bad at it. It's always tacky, never comes off as fully informed, and turns actual political and moral issues into 2-dimensional goodvs. bad problems. If you're going to drop sexism or homophobia into your comic, it needs to be a better thought out than the examples posted in this thread. Just dropping millennial vocabulary words like into the middle of things is totally inexcusable and the shoddy work just helps justify backlash against the issue they're attempting to force.

No they were always about money. SJW baiting in comics makes reactionary money.

Pads can leak, the cotton solution is more secure.

Bitch, you talk about balls all the goddamn time.
>you don't have the balls
>you've got a lot of balls
>his balls must be huge

Lather, rinse, repeat.

user they're not animals, they're just descended from Africans

Just a friendly reminder that Marjorie Liu is a decent writer, and you shouldn't throw all female romance writers under the same bus.

But goddamn did Chelsea Cain ever shit the bed

>a line drawn in the sand
That is what they said about homosexuality and interracial marriages. Lines in the sand are always gonna be crossed.

actually we still ARE the core audience, and that is what is going to kill print comics, at least the big two.
SJWs, nu-males and women in general do not buy print comics, they form other types of fringe weird fandoms comics related but simply do not buy print comics.

user~

That's not what he means, retard.

Yeah but saying that is like when republicans try to convince people their party stands for the same ideals Lincoln held.

Sorry, she's tained now. twitter.com/marjoriemliu/status/590965586198454272

I would have far more respect for her if she had said "Yeah, I wrote Bobby as straight but I'll respect Bendis's interpretation of the character."

enjoy your toxic shock, water polo jockey.

Those are sayings, and girls say it too. gtfo

Literally who is this memeing liberal beta faggot cuck that you keep posting you misandrist fucking SJW queer?

>Living every day in fear that one day Marvel will finally end up cancelling all X Books.

Only because he doesn't have the intellectual honesty to realize that he does talk about his hairy sweaty balls all the time. In fact, he thinks being compared to them is praiseworthy.

Slap a Jap was good too

Honestly, it's the best thing that could happen to them at this point.

Until Shooter comes back

is it just to spite Fox? I don't understand them running mutants into the ground anymore.

More like W Books

You want to say that there are men who'll stick to book after pic related?
>tfw that guy on CBR went "welp, I don't wanna read comic that insults me"
Why emphasizing "female romance writer" all the time?

> Seeing the franchise you worked incredibly hard on for almost 20+ years slowly falling apart, and their only hope besides you is the guy that Wrote Secret Wars.

FUCK

Yeah, exactly. Sweaty balls are now so engrained in our language that we don't even think about how gross it really is.

That can easily be avoided by not leaving it in there forever.

>that ban on creating new muggas
>Claremont creates some scorpion kid moment he gets chance
His Nightcrawler sucked.

>are you hurt?
>not physically

man, I've seen this comic a dozen times on Sup Forums and that line always cracks me up