Voltron Panel at SDCC

ITT We wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iScILP1_2ug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what the IGN stream will be about?

I want lots of Keith love from this panel.

I'm eurotrash, so could someone tell - how exactly long till that?

Keith is a cute

He does his best and just wants affection to make up for growing up alone and unloved.

About an hour and fifteen minutes.

But it's 9:15 am in San diego right now?

Hory shittu, an actually good fanart of Keith without boipussy stuffs

You don't look very hard, he has several really nice fan arts

This one is my fav
>dat perspective/closed environment

In the meanwhile, have this video from Kihyun Ryu.
youtube.com/watch?v=iScILP1_2ug

gotta love the miAAAA

The other user was a bit off. Should be about another hour and 35 minutes. Probably best to just keep an eye out on twitter since some folks are tweeting on site.

Keith is a hard worker with talent but needs a sense of belonging to feel like he has direction.

I actually get kind of annoyed people say he has no personality, because it's definitely there, it's just less in your face than most characters. He was kicked out of flight school despite being the top of his class, and lives alone. Later you see him get really quick to anger in several scenes where other paladins attempt to leave, and the first to be suspicious of strangers. He's protective of his friends because they're all he has. It's interesting that he doesn't seem to extend his feelings towards Allura and Coran at this point. He is also the one who slid into his role of paladin most naturally, again because he literally has no where else to be, while Lance, Pidge and Hunk all have resistance over it. Shiro is the only other one who is totally into it, but it's because of his fear of what Galrans can do.

You're talking about when the signing begins, not the panel, right? Because the panel won't start for like 5 1/2 hours if it's only 9:30am there.

I think I assumed you were talking about the 3pm thing, which is why I got confused.

>It's interesting that he doesn't seem to extend his feelings towards Allura and Coran at this point.

He's protective of Allura when dealing with Klaizap in Return of the Gladiator. And threatens Khythlyian when he refuses to let Coran go.

Yeah, the signings. I figured the rest would be easy to figure out from there. It's four hours til the panel though.

Being honest, my only exposure to voltron fanart has been Sup Forums, so it feels refreshing to find a good one with no fujo shenanigans

I hope they are building up to something big for Keith. Right now it feels like they are going out of their way to down play Keith for Shiro because they really want people to understand the new status quo.

Shit no. Ignore the last sentence of this post You were right.

Yeah I like that they didn't go for an edgy lone wolf type, he's just likable autism-kun right now. I don't know why people whine about him being boring when we barely know him so far.

Maybe, but I still think a lot of his fans project too much when it comes to what he's like. A lot of stuff portrays him as a sad and emotionally fragile angst bucket who just wants someone to wuv him when it possible he's the opposite and his lonely upbringing made him a resentful cynic who's wary of forming bonds with other people (he made it so far without them) and angry and hateful inside (which would explain his hotbloodedness), and his character arc involves him becoming more of an optimist.

To be honest, I think he gets more hate than he deserves on here because fangirls really latched onto him, but that doesn't signify anything about how he acts in the show. I don't get why people call him emo, either. He acts pretty steady for a dude who has no one there for him emotionally. He only really got mad when Pidge wanted to leave, and he shut up as soon as Shiro told him to. He seems insecure*, not sad. But even that seems under control a lot of the time.

*About his relationships. He's pretty cocky on some other topics, like being able to pilot.

More like Voltron panel at SUCC

Fans woobiefie literally every character

Sometimes I think it's to make up for the fact that a lot of shows like this don't really show how much being taken from your home at a young age to fight in a war would fuck people up emotionally. If the show were about that, it would be pretty tiring to watch, which is why they don't, but that's why fans like to fill in the blanks. But so many fans are filling in the same blanks it looks silly when you start looking for art/fic of the characters and everyone is angsty. If you think about some of it on its own it's not incredibly unreasonable though.

Probably just a generic warm-up interview before the main event.

These are garbageass west coast times, right? Fuck it, at least it gives me plenty of time to shower and do shit around the house.

That's kinda funny because this pic was definitely drawn by a fujo since it was tagged as "sheith" and the caption implies it.

What are the chances that they will make Allura a lesbian in this?

I like the direction they're going with him, but in fiction, being given next to no information about a character's personality is functionally pretty similar to them just being boring.

High. Lesbians are more acceptable than gays.
Keith comes off as super gay to me since the first episode though. I didn't even know about the fans.

#GiveAlluraAGirlfriend

I feel like Keith is being written as gay, if anyone. They keep baiting it, too, which would make sense if they want to make people think about it early so no one can argue that it came out of nowhere like Korra being bi.

we need more Keith in a dress.
Still waiting for the Keith fanart of him getting rammed saying Vol on the way in and Tron on the way out.

>women power in animation
No wonder it's fujogarbage.

In before questions are wasted asking about genders.

Dude, seriously. When he rescued Shiro he was so freaking gay.
>like Korra being bi.
Still mad

But women write themselves as emotionally weak and offended by everyone so they can deliver "justice" to their oppressors instead of just being cool as fuck as the characters of the show.

I can't get over those Shining Anime Eyes™ he had in that scene.

what kind of dress

Just a bro rescuing another bro and touching him tenderly

I don't want him to gay.

Agreed. He looks really good in them. Makes me wonder what the show would be like if Keith was a girl.

one of those dresses that shows shoulders but also belly, the super girlish ones, something formal but not too formal.

Think of your VLD husbando/weaifu.

Would you fuck their 80's version? Don't lie to me, Sup Forums.

WHAT IF THERE IS ANOTHER TWIST AND KEITH IS A GIRL LIKE PIDGE PASSING AS A MALE!

Lance/Keith confirmed.

I do

You should post an example

Well you choose a bad time to live in the 10s

Fangirls like Shiro too and people are fine with that. I think it's because like said so many fan portrayals exaggerate his emoness to cliche levels as if the show confirmed it, or they make him too much of a stereotypical uke, even though the show itself doesn't focus on him enough to justify that beyond just being a possibility.

Ready with pic related.

I'm not into shota so no.

Like this but for Keith and less ghetto.

I could've gotten behind it if it was with literally anyone other than Asami.

Should be red though.

yes with keith colors.

Kovira would be a 10/10 ending
But honestly I'd take any character being gay on the show but Korra. I don't like that it sends the message that only girls who eat the puss can be strong and challenge gender stereotypes.

>Kraven starts hunting the Voltron lions

Yeah I totally get what you mean but we have enough stronk female characters who aren't gay that it doesn't matter.

Yeah but Korra was the most masculine of the bunch.
If Asami wanted to be lesbians with someone it would have been fine. Hell, if Mako decided to abandon women and pursue skinny prince ass it would have been fine. But it really bothers me with Korra.

You should go make a korra thread to talk about it if you really want to continue this convo.

Welp you are right
I guess I'll post Allura.

Gorgeous fanart, but kimono is a bit of overkill.

I wasn't trying to be mean, but you guys were starting to have a full fledged convo about another show in a thread about a specific show. There is nothing wrong with starting a new thread if you want to have that convo.

Wedding one.

Yeah Shiro should have the kimono. Keith can wear a hanbok or something.

Lotor when?

do you think this new show will introduce more mechas besides Voltron? Robobeast doesn't count

Personally I think Voltron should have a second form, since it being considered the most powerful weapon but being so punny right now.

We're gonna get Vehicle Voltron down the line. Or Galaxy Garrison develops Valkyries for Ichijo-kun and his friends to pilot.

I'm pretty sure Zarkon will invade the earth at some point so maybe Vehicle Voltron will be man made this version

I like that they made fun of Keith's mullet.

MULLETS ARE PURE

MULLETS ARE LOVE
MULLETS ARE LIFE

So THIS is what Genndy was making reference to, huh?

It's not really that much of a mullet anyway. Needs to be more flaired.

Really makes you think, huh

Imagine the part where we discover that Podge is a girl, but everybody is Allura

Lance would spend too much time in the bathroom

Eh. Her and Asami were Bi at most. Honestly could decide their whole relationship was just a result of Asami being there for Korra at a super vulnerable time. Basically a really unhealthy relationship for both that just ended up working out because they are good people.

now that's what I call a mullet

Whether the show is going to have a Japanese dub might not be a bad question to ask the guys when the Q&A starts.

too bad nobody from here is going

So what ships are more likely to come to fruition?
Me personally:
Lance/Pidge
Shiro/Keith
Hunk/Thatonerocklookinglady

And Allura is forever alone.

Plance a cute

>Lance/Pidge

Allura and ginger Luigi, the altean race must be preserved

>Lance/Pidge
prepare to be disappointed

There's a better option for that

Well the princess isnt gonna go for him

And Keith definitely won't either. Keith/Shiro feels super obvious

Svendak, clearly.

Look at that cute ass kid. Fishman has top tier genetics for spawning.

>People think Lance/Pidge is not endgame

I see it happening

You make it sound like Lance has to end up with someone currently in the show. And that it's an absolute given he'll end up with someone at all.

There's absolutely no Lance/pidge romance in the show. At all. You're wearing shipping goggles if you think there is.

>Women power in Animation

So an hour of shitting on straight white male industry workers/fans while acting like they're gods gift to animation?

No need to be snappy, user.

>>Managing to feel this victimized over something that didn't even happen yet

Cry harder. You remind me of Christians who sob about persecution in America.

Who is this?

>People unironically shipping Shiro and Sendak

Fucking human trash. Good OTPs are made of mutual affection, not horrible abuse.

One of the main directors.

Go get ready for your panel Lauren