I am kind of convinced that one of the first of many pillars of freedom to fall in America's public locations or in any...

I am kind of convinced that one of the first of many pillars of freedom to fall in America's public locations or in any civilized country was the smoking ban. Decided by either the majority (mob rule) or by the city or state, it leaves smokers with little options, especially when the bans extend to other areas. This goes directly against the ninth article of the constitution. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. Also, smoking and secondhand smoke are evidently dubious health "risks" since there's no evidence of people being hurt by passive smoking and the vast majority of smokers never get sick with what is labeled as a "smoking" illness, despite COPD showing up in non smokers as well.

I assume the only reason why so many people are against smoking here is due to the big nazi/anti-Jew influence that goes on here. The Nazis were the first to make the retarded claim that smoking was related to lung cancer.

Other urls found in this thread:

members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html
thecommentator.com/article/2596/want_to_cure_your_asthma_start_smoking
canadafreepress.com/2006/klaus061206.htm
cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2016/06/09/study-passive-smoking-doesnt-cause-cancer/
longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/
cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9162447/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17141968/
hawaiianlibertarian.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-longevity-paradox-tobacco.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In case anyone is wondering

members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html

thecommentator.com/article/2596/want_to_cure_your_asthma_start_smoking

canadafreepress.com/2006/klaus061206.htm

cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2016/06/09/study-passive-smoking-doesnt-cause-cancer/

longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/

I used to smoke, and I acknowledge that it is a filthy habit that other people want no part of. Get over it.

While it being a filthy habit is more a matter of opinion, I was specifically referring to whether or not it is actually bad for the human body like the government and anti-smoking groups actually suggest.

this

its bad for you and its gross, thats not a jewish conspiracy

also tons of kids have gotten asthma from their parents trapping them in smoke filled houses and cars for their childhood you fucking retard

yes its actually bad. my grandpa smoke his whole life and died of lung cancer and my grandma had to be a oxygen for the last 10 years of her life and had such a hard time breathing she would wake up and feel like she was drowning

dumbass

Sweet, its another smoking thread.

[citation needed]

Anecdotes aren't citations.

They died when they were old though. Is it not possible that it has something more to do with advanced age as opposed to smoking? It isn't possible to narrow down an illness to a single factor.

>non smokers get cancer
>smokers get cancer

Smoking is estimated to increase the risk—
For coronary heart disease by 2 to 4 times1,6
For stroke by 2 to 4 times1
Of men developing lung cancer by 25 times1
Of women developing lung cancer by 25.7 times1
Smoking causes diminished overall health, increased absenteeism from work, and increased health care utilization and cost.1

this is so fucking retarded this is my last reply

cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/

and dont give me that flat earth bullshit where the cdc doesnt count

>people need oxygen and cant breath almost at all cause theyre old

yeah ok

also they died in their early 70s, not that old

>inhaling smoke is good for you

I think the claims regarding smoking are a bit over hyped. Like they really made us think we would die if we smoked when I was a kid.

That said, it is still clearly bad for you.

>70's
>not that old

Most people would give their testicles to be able to live until age 70. I feel like I'm being trolled.

Longecity link actually shows that diseases like COPD are held at bay by smoking. Also

>trusting the CDC

Do you trust the government when they talk about marijuana? It took decades until independent information confirmed it was harmless. The federally pushed lies and misconceptions are unacceptable when trying to engage in a serious discussion.

>still clearly had for you

Working out exhausts people, does that mean working out is bad for you?

>distancing health hazards from people who don't want to smell like shit.
>muh freedoms

The nazis were right then. Smoking is bad for your health

>trusting the cdc

i bet you believe in flat earth too because everything that doesnt support the fact smoking is totally healthy doesnt count

do you smoke? if you dont smoke then why dont you start because its totally fine for you and then go tell the baby youre smoking next to that inhaling smoke isnt bad for you

That analogy has nothing to do with inhaling smoke. You have to be an idiot to deny that smoking doesn't horribly damage your lungs.

>HillShills so desperate to harm the Trump campaign they try to get Sup Forumslacks to start smoking

What's hilarious is that many pharmaceutically funded studies actually showed smoking wasn't bad and they are merely trying to claim the opposite.

An example is linking smoking to hypertension when it actually lowers blood pressure.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9162447/
>a slightly lower blood pressure level has been found in smokers

Also, quitting smoking can trigger lung cancer, especially cold turkey, according to this study.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17141968/

Smoking can cause one to hack out particle matter that would normally get stuck in the lungs and cause obstruction. Coal miners who smoked did far better lungwise than those who did not.

hawaiianlibertarian.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-longevity-paradox-tobacco.html?m=1

That's absurd. Smoking is conservative, anti-smoking is liberal.

the sin taxes and banning it indoors kid of ruins the entire point. Also, it turns you into a pariah in many cases.

Hitler hated smoking.

>it leaves smokers with little options
I have a love hate relationship with the war on tobacco now since I vape, getting some lung capacity back but I won't lie. I've always loved smoking and will probably never give it completely up. Probably smoke a cigar once in awhile, maybe a doob, always something...it's so...primeval.

lol get fucked. Smoke all you fucking want in your own home/vehicle.

It's like saying "why can't I spit on the floors and tables all I want in this restaurant?"

ok so dont smoke

its annoying and gross to people

People are such bitches about secondhand smoke.

What are they... standing two feet from the person and intentionally inhaling the smoke? It's called move away if you don't like the way a person smells. A lot of people have bad breath or just smell like shit anyway. No one says you have to stand right next to them.

I think that smoking should be legal in public spaces because making it illegal is just done because people find it annoying. The law is involved in making a behavior illegal because PEOPLE FIND IT ANNOYING.

I'd like to reserve my right to be annoying in public, thank you.

I'm a smoker.

I believe it's bad for my health, but I don't care, I like it.

I'd love to smoke inside a pub or restaurant, but I have no issue with using designated smoking areas and respect other people's rights not to inhale my smoke.

OP is a faggot.

People have a right not to be annoyed by smells in public?

People have a right to do things in public, especially if businesses allow it. Most states don't give businesses that chance. Most bans are based on faulty science.

>I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind--and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression.

Yes, that's why people shower
You do shower, right?

They have a right not to breath my second-hand smoke which studies have shown to be detrimental to health.

I won't bother providing sources, because you'll likely reply with >muh conspiracy.

The arrogant disdain just makes more people want to smoke. Being a faggot and crying like a bitch isn't going to make people stop smoking. And no ban is ever going to stop them either

How is that a "right"? Where is said right defined?

>the first of many pillars of freedom to fall in America's public locations or in any civilized country was the smoking ban

Agree. You won't get much agreement here because most grew up when smokers had already been demonized and smoking bans were in effect. But I agree with you.

The health concerns are valid, but government mandated bans were indeed a major blow against personal liberty. If you own a store or restaurant or bar and want to allow smoking, you should be allowed to.

But government nanny-state bullshit declared that you can't. You can't even provide a separately ventilated area for smokers if you want. Why?! It's your business! If your employees and patrons know smoking is allowed, they can choose avoid your establishment or enter it. They are not forced to go there.

If the effects of smoking are so horrifically detrimental to health that government needed to step in to save the populace from its own stupidity then why the fuck are cigarettes even still legal? Oh right, because tax money.

1. Demonize a product and the people who use it.
2. Tax the hell out of the product (because no one will side with the evil doers).
3. Big profits.

>studies

If you can find studies that aren't pharmaceutically funded, aren't from a government website, and don't use non-randomized test subjects, then MAYBE I will buy into that meme, but secondhand smoke is oxidated once it hits the air, so I do not buy this.

>The health concerns are valid

I agree with everything else, but I am going to need proof of this.

>second hand smoking is literally the worst thing ever, please remove yourself from the terrace
>exhaust fumes are ay-okay

I remember when I was still in school and how our teacher explicitly stated that second-hand smoking is one hundred (100) times more harmful than regular smoking.
We lmaoed over the claim with some of my friends but later on I found out that normies ate that shit up.

Stop smoking if you don't want to be excluded. The rest of us don't wanna enhale your garbage

The right to LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

Come on man, this is basic shit. Yes, poisoning people is denying them their right to life.

God, and I thought smoking was supposed to make you more aware, smart, or mature or whatever.

you might be right, although there have been plenty of authoritarian bullshit rules prior too

do you also believe in global warming? you know, cos a bunch of scientists make a lot of money telling everyone else what to do with that too

says the australian who never has bad or cold weather

why not have smoking and non smoking rooms in pubs? i.e. let people choose

you know it's going to be red meat next? they've already started trying to claim it's like superbad n sheeet

>studies have shown