An army of film students were needed to pull off an insane 18 minute action scene opening

businessinsider.com/luc-besson-valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-18-minute-action-scene-2017-7

BESSON 18 MINUTE LONG TAKE ACTION SCENE-KINO INCOMING.

Valerian is going to be so #LITTY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tGtu-TsladY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2KuESZO7CY
youtube.com/watch?v=qYJK-qhOmdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>long-take
>in a green screen environment
Please

The Jupiter Ascending of our time

I hope it doesn't end question of the day kid's career he seems alright

With looks like his and a good set of kneepads he'll be fine

>kid
He's 31

Is he the "tell that to de Kanji club" dude?

Luc Besson is a hack

No, that dude's ugly as fuck.

Besson's company already made the budget back from foreign sales. He also said that if it makes Lucy money it's fine.

That's Warcraft and Pacific Rim territory. I think it's doable, it doesn't have Jupiter's toxic word of mouth.

no hes the "isnt that the question of the day" dude

Jupiter was also pushed from a Summer release to a February release.
Everyone could smell the stench of failure on it.

>an army of film students

How many synonyms can you come up with, Sup Forums?

>a gaggle of retards
>a clusterfuck of queef huffers
>a load of chodes

your IQ wasn't high enough to understand Lucy

if i only he could use more than 5% of his brain power..........

I'd be excited for this movie if Cara was replaced by pretty much anyone.

Isn't Jupiter Ascending the Jupiter Ascending of our time?

that's like pre trump era bruh

jupiter ascending stains obama's hands

fucing reddit never learns

Why do their faces bother me so much

I liked Lucy but he's right

youtube.com/watch?v=tGtu-TsladY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2KuESZO7CY
youtube.com/watch?v=qYJK-qhOmdY

Watch these clips. She;s fine.

I liked Jupiter Ascending. It had greys, evolved dinosaurs, Redmayne was hilarious and it had some stunning visuals.

>They still haven't realized that Jupiter Ascending is a retroactive magnum opus.

>implying I have fucking seen Jupiter Ascend

Are you by any chance fucking stupid?

I liked her slutty enchantress. Still hated the movie.

She's actually a marvelous actress. I'm sure she will be serviceable and enjoyable to watch in Valerian.

Cara pls go pluck your eyebrows and stop shitposting

I must see this movie. For her.

Clive Owen had so much promise for about five years. Now he's just an old man.

And he still can pull more women than you can

I have to watch it for the future of sci fi.

Jupiter Ascending is amazing though? Have you seen it? I fully expect it to be a new "the room" type movie in a bit. Its a wonderful road map of how not to make a movie.

aye OPs pic gives me a stiffy lad

Is there some fun "making of" or "here's how they fucked it all up" type of material out there?

Or do I just watch the movie and have a laff and what they ended up making for millions and millions of dollars?

I didn't watch any making of stuff but I do know there is a dog fight scene at the beginning of the film they filmed over the course of like 8 months because the lighting was only right for like 12 seconds a day according to the twins.

But its pretty easy to just watch it and laugh all the way through on its own. Its like the most awkward attempt at high minded scifi I've ever seen.

>those panty flashes

Ahhhhhhhhhhh that gun fight looks awful. Just so much limp shooting.
Your right though shes not bad at all.

I hope everyone will love Cara as much as I do.

Well yea...he should he's famous. What are you a retard or something.

Why /tv hates this movie even though you haven't seen it?

god shes so talented

He looked great in The Knick with a moustache, should have kept it

i want to like it but in the first video they shoot the beast straight in the head and nothing happens. Not a broken teath, not a dust from it, no reaction, no blood, not an eye wound, no stopping, nothing, like its not really there. Breaks immersion.

This.

Even Children of Men's long-takes, as great as they are, were gimmicked. I know at least the last one was gimmicked. The car one, maybe. Possible.

Bullets do nothing to it because its skin and eyes are impenetrable. It's a creature directly from the comics.

Yeah the car one was done through multiple takes. I know some were legit done in one take, I'm just not sure which ones. Probably the less impressive ones, and parts of that one with the baby.

How would i know that? All i see is some beast and this girl is looking like she is shooting into emptiness. Watch it again and say if she displays any emotion you would feel if this thing would be tearing the roof of your car and your bullets wouldn't do anything to it.

long "take" to impress people is dishonest filmmaking
long take (that can be multiple shots stitched together in post) as a style of visual storytelling is kino, green screen or no

if her character is supposed to be a robot than she's perfect

>were gimmicked

What the fuck does that even mean?

Yeah I'm not gonna watch it because of this. Just can't stand her at all.

They're the kind of long take that draw attention to themselves and don't necessarily exist to service the aesthetic or visual narrative. Sometimes it's simply better to cut. I think the most egregious example of obnoxious long takes is The Revenant.

Hi Clive

Im the only one who want this movie to make sucess?

Why is Dane such a dreamboat, underrated actor?

I really want this to be good but there is a good chance it will be shit.

I'm gonna see it on opening day tripping my balls off on acid, wish me luck user

No, i want more movies about Valerian. I'm sick that Star Wars and Star Track dominate
s the space opera genre

Its a really strange movie. It has two identical action set pieces, almost back to back.

up

>movie based entirely on its special effects
>they looks like shit that would pass 7+ years ago
>2D greenscreen backgrounds in some cases
>main male lead looks and sounds like a teenager that is going through a rough puberty
>main female lead looks like a neanderthal and can't act
>source material used Tumblr tier themes and this movie will no doubt keep those
>to top it all off they used that beatles song in the trailer like shit

Is this the cinematic equivalent of JUST?

The photography looks like complete shit.

>I think the most egregious example of obnoxious long takes is The Revenant.
Agreed. I was glad it didn't win Best Picture, you could tell Iñarrítu and everybody else were pretty much counting on it and they got BTFO

Im HYPED

oh shit that devileggs pantie shots

What kind of duo is this?
He's totally gormless and she's a know it all bitch?

This will be the movie where Cara wins Sup Forums over. You'll all flip-flop afterwards.

>film students
Because hiring actual professionals would cost way too much. Why not bribe some desperate jobless wannabe's with free food and save a bundle for more awful CGI.

wtf im in love now

>An army of professional extras will be sleeping in their cars this month

is that a tranny?

well im whipping my dick out

They both are actually.

Epic cgi is this marvel?

Luc Besson is so unironically Reddit it hurts.

LOOKS LIKE KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

>Besson's company already made the budget back from foreign sales. He also said that if it makes Lucy money it's fine.

What 'foreign sales' you retard ?

It has yet to premiere, and you don't SELL the movie at the box office, you get a take of the proceeds.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

god fucking damn what a hot slut

Would fucking motorobat those cheeks

even with green screen that's pretty impressive.

i hat ethat one shots became SUCH A FUCKING MEME

lol what the fuck, he looks deaged

is there anything more cancerous than long takes?

slow pans

literally filler shots

Holy fucking shit your pic already made me flip desu. Post moar

Yep think so to. After premiere she will be spammed like Felicity Jones, Daisey Ridley, Bryce Dallas Howard etc.

Dolly zooms, I can't think of a more obnoxious technique to use now, takes me out of anything I'm watching because I can just see the director going 'Oooh look at what I'm doing!'

did they pay those students, or is this another example of american slave labor?

Besson is a pedophile.

fuck she's hot

C'mon they can at least pretend those guns have recoil

Good God

Makes me sad that this film is getting shitposted so hard suddenly. Been looking forward to it for like a year but no, it's only when it's a month away that these shitheads take notice of it.

Can't wait for this issue to come out around realease dates

Make-up, amigo

Faggot detected.

Fivehead.

he looks like he's mid-transition into a super-intelligence themed comic book villain, at the very least, he looks like sinestro. would cast him in the next green lantern movie.

>spend shitload of time and money for a movie
>hire a model who can't act