Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PeZ5DsRpw3A
youtube.com/watch?v=AXxBhOc7jEA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=PeZ5DsRpw3A

this

Can you prove that this WOULDN'T happen if you took your space helmet off on Mars?

That's right, checkmate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they on Pluto?

Actually not sure, haven't seen this shit since like the 90s.

NASA has studies on the effects of vacuum on flesh
It isn't pretty but you aren't going to freeze, and if you do, it will take a very long time.
Do you even know how heat travels? It is a pretty big part of my job as a pipe fitter/welder.

Why his glasses became purple?

It was a safety mechanism built into the suit. It's a crystalline matrix that forms over the child to protect it from the deadly vacuum of space in the event of a catastrophic failure. He was sneezing later because, in the brief moment he was exposed to a vacuum his mucus membranes burst.

youtube.com/watch?v=AXxBhOc7jEA

Did you just make that up?

It was indeed Pluto.

I always expected Pluto to be blue because of this episode. Threw me off when New Horizons finally arrived and it turned out to be part reddish-brown, part-cream.

No, you did.

I'm pretty sure the black guy explained in the Q&A session afterwards that you would just die if you did what Arnold did.

Fun fact: If you took off your suit in space, the gasses in your body would be violently expelled from every orifice in your body, and your arteries would explode without earth's pressure to counter balance your blood pressure. Or some shit like that, I don't know. You'd certainly die though

Because he's cool. Don't you see?

I stole the idea from a terrible scifi film and what actually happens during explosive decompression.

Nothing new is original.

I kinda like this idea

Basically, you'd get fucked up by the vacuum hard but you can't show that on kids TV so when Arnold committed sudoku they just froze him

Someone post the sexy bus

Because he didn't stay home that day.

He should have.

Seconded

Ever been on Pluto, Mr. Big Shot Pipe Cleaner? No? Yeah, that's what I thought.

>user is literally retarded

>Literally though of this episode today.

Nobody.

Is better.

Then Ms. Frizzle

Right? He's never been been to Pluto and here he is trying to talk shit. What a twit.

I had nightmares about this as a child.

you can survive a couple minutes in vacuum. you'll be hurting afterwards, but unless you do something like try to hold your breath while you're decompressing (that'll pop your lungs) you can get away with it with only ruptured surface capillaries and fucked mucus membranes, not burst arteries.

Explosive decompression is something different, and while it IS real, it ISN'T something that can happen to people in space. Going from one atmosphere to zero instantly won't make you explode; the human body's sturdier than that. What actually causes you to explode is going from 9-10 atmospheres to 1 instantly because you were decompressing after a deep sea dive and the door on your depressurization chamber failed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident

He was so tsundere.

Me and some fat kid were the only ones who laughed when this was played at school

fucking kek