Ah, fuck it. Let's just talk about Spider-man Homecoming

Ah, fuck it. Let's just talk about Spider-man Homecoming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OKS75xb18UM
youtu.be/1wRaQjkmnHs
youtu.be/U9pkl594nx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You just know Jay is going to want to talk about Baby Driver and he's going to praise the shit out of that mediocre flick.

Me personally, I loved it

>RLM thread #124 today

>Jay complains there are too many action scenes without substance
>Coming off a Bladerunner review where he complained the lack of action with Deckard

Those are two very different types of movies trying to accomplish two very different types of things though.

He also talked about the lack of cohesion and substance

are you stupid?

>he complained the lack of action with Deckard
He didn't complain a bout a lack of action at all though. He didn't try to say the movie should be an action movie at all. You're fucking retarded and have short term memory if you think Jay only wants non stop action.

No, his sole argument was it was boring and he didn't like it. Baseless, surface-level observations and statements masquerading as valid criticism, like most of their "reviews".

Two of Jay's favorite movies are Escape from New York and Eraserhead, both of which have little-to-no action in them and are very slowly paced.

They posted in Patreon that they are gonna review neither Spider-man and Baby Driver and that Rich is going to leave the group to pursuit his voice acting career.

Blade runner is not a 'dumb' film by any stretch, and there is plenty of substance. Jay is just a pleb who doesn't understand anything about the subtlety or nuance of thematic elements in movies.

>his sole argument was it was boring
He gave reasons why he thought it was boring though, mainly that the main character was under-written and acted poorly and the themes of the film were muddled. Are you really this stupid or just looking for some sweet (you)s?

>Eraserhead
He has a bias for Lynch, not good taste. Purely incidental, like a pleb watching a classic and deciding they liked it.

>People arguing over the taste of another person on youtube

kek

youtu.be/OKS75xb18UM

>He has a bias for Lynch
he has a Bias for Lynch because he enjoys his films. What point do you think you're making?

>Purely incidental, like a pleb watching a classic and deciding they liked it.
Blade Runner is a classic and he doesn't really like that movie. It's almost like he's an individual with thoughts about films that go beyond simply "IT'S GREAT" or "IT'S BAD."

heh, he did say that about Rogue One and how there wasn't any development (which is wrong because Rogue One does have its fair share of story and character development). then he watches something like Blade Runner that is slow and takes its time with story/character development and he considers it boring. it's obvious he just likes to run his mouth off about things he doesn't understand.

>Rogue One
>story and character development
KEK. Here's your reply.

youtu.be/1wRaQjkmnHs

I found it very childish and thus boring.

No, he made surface level observations and spoke a lot about how he finds certain elements "boring", all the while avoiding talking about the merits of the film itself. (besides the visuals/technical aspects, which he mentions). At one he even says he "lost interest" during the last when Deckard enters the house - who fucking cares? His sole arguments was that he "lost interest", as it such statement means something.

I CLAPPED

Thats a great review of a review for a movie I've seen. You should start a youtube reviewer review channel. Call it channel badass you know as a joke XD

where is the new botw with jim and collin from canada so i get drunk and pretend i have friends

>What point do you think you're making?
That he "enjoys" Lynch purely by incident. The fact that he does says nothing about his tastes - he's all over, and he contradicts himself frequently, especially in regards to differing opinions with Mike.
>It's almost like he's an individual with thoughts about films that go beyond simply "IT'S GREAT" or "IT'S BAD."
No, actually that's exactly the majority of Jay's thoughts, muddles with cheap observations.
>"I liked it because-" *references a scene or element as basis for argument"
>"And this was boring-" *references a scene or element as basis for argument*
And that's Jay, the retarded pleb who thinks that voicing his inherent emotional response to a film constitutes valid critique. It's like a scientist backing up his research with "I like it" - just baseless spew. Clearly, capeshit rots the brain, and $34k/month of patreon+merch makes the aspiring "filmmaker" lazy and a washed-out hack.

>endless trash that we're all still going to wallow in anyway

Nice bait

You do realize that the other people reading this thread have actually seen RLM videos before and therefore realize what you're saying doesn't reflect reality right?

Get a life and live it, loser.

>dat autism

(Jay)
You watch their capeshit BoTW? What makes you think you opinion is valid then, retard? I watch the non-capeshit reviews, and for the most part everything I've said is true. And the Patreon, too - they're pocketing it all, and making no investments to the company, no new content; all equipment is already invested in, and so it costs literally pennies to film and edit their videos. They also can get tax writeoffs for their movie tickets and other business expenses, so they get paid to watch capeshit and pocket even more money.

youtu.be/U9pkl594nx8

>I'm butthurt that people voluntarily give RLM money
You are so jealous

>I don't understand what a donation is: the post

Why would you pay money for something that you can watch for free?

Literally not an argument. Whether or not "fans" willingly give money is not the point (although it demonstrates the true level of intellect and understanding of film in the average RLM-capeshit connoisseur), rather, the point being that RLM are leeches who offer subpar content for the money they receive, and take no initiative to improve.

Case in point: many worthwhile and renowned films have been made on a shoestring budget being that far less than what RLM receive monthly; yet RLM have never been able to produce a worthwhile film with the significant budget potential they have. No talent hacks, who'd rather pocket the cash then improve themselves and offer something more to their audience.

nice try

Because you want to support the people who make the content you enjoy, so they will continue to make content. You know, a donation.

>Whether or not "fans" willingly give money is not the point
Yes it is. It literally is.

>the point being that RLM are leeches who offer subpar content for the money they receive, and take no initiative to improve.
The whole point of Patreon is that you support the creators you enjoy so they can continue making the content you enjoy. If RLM didn't make as much as they did, they wouldn't be able to continue to make videos full time.

>many worthwhile and renowned films have been made on a shoestring budget being that far less than what RLM receive monthly
But RLM are not receiving money monthly to make a feature film so your point is moot.

>yet RLM have never been able to produce a worthwhile film with the significant budget potential they have.
The last feature they made was Space Cop and the majority of that was already filmed before they even had a Patreon. Regardless of that, their Patreon donations are to support their online videos, not feature films.

>pocket the cash
Please provide proof that they are doing this. I'm going to assume you don't know what "proof" is and just say something stupid like
>all equipment is already invested in
Oh right, you've already said that, even though you have no idea what equipment they already have, what they've added over time, or what their plans for future equipment are.

>improve themselves and offer something more to their audience.
Again, this is not what Patreon is for.

Why are you so invested in any of this if you don't like RLM's videos in the first place? It couldn't possibly be jealousy, could it?

>people in Sup Forums still mad that Jay and his boyfriend ripped Blade Runner apart

you deserve that

>he thinks RLM is "criticism"

lole

Jay is right about Blade Runner. It's not even intended to be a slow movie, it's just boring.

I'm laughing at all the idiots ITT who equate a youtube channel for movie commentary with "film criticism"

>all the while avoiding talking about the merits of the film itself. (besides the visuals/technical aspects, which he mentions
Because those and the villain are the only redeeming aspects in that turd. There's literally nothing else to praise.

"Boring" is not a valid criticism. It wrongly suggests that any given film's goal is to pander to your (subjective) ideals of "non-boring". A "boring" film can be good, it can still have artistic merit, and if you're unable to approach it removed from your internal biases, you have no basis commenting in the first place.

It is when the movie is actively trying to not be boring.

>"Boring" is not a valid criticism
If that was literally all he said then yes. But he goes on to explain WHY he finds it boring. You can't just ignore the context because you don't personally agree with it, dumbass.

>A "boring" film can be good
Youre right. You know who would agree with you? The guy who has praised Escape From New York, Eraserhead, and The Witch.