Is there a webcomic series you would like to see animated?

Is there a webcomic series you would like to see animated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1TFki_DCWgo
youtube.com/watch?v=a6GEEi67atc
youtube.com/watch?v=Poo5lqoWSGw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One punch man

Lackadaisy.

Kill 6 Billion Demons

sweet guy
korean animation is good, so I shouldn't expect jap shit quality

Unsounded

anything from Marvel's new "comics"

Paranatural would be perfect for a kids show.

Oglaf

Why'd you put "comics" in quotes? Are you referring to some hypothetical comics that don't exist yet or something?

Nedroid.

I'm saying that Marvel Comics matches the quality of webcomics.

I just got into this. That'd be cool
I really want this to. Because man no one here talks about it.

Basically this.
I would be ecstatic to see it picked up by Netflix or something.

not drunk enough, if the girl involved in it wasn't such a weird flake with everything she touches

there really aren't enough good horror-based things in animation or comics

Camp Wedontwantcha

And you want to see them animated?

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, though I'm not sure how that would work because It heavily references other properties. Hell if Robot Chicken can I guess they could.

Oh fuck no. Webcomics are garbage and this is clearly a troll thread. Go back to tumblr.

Of course they can. It's funny isn't it? They get to do that.

Yes there is,and it hurts that I might never see it.

How many episodes into the show would page 100 take place?

Gunnerkrigg Court

Maybe Dr.Mcninja

Gone with the Blastwave just spend the first episode making it look like some serious war drama following a blue guy then bam the chucklefuck main characters murder him and we enter the story

also Grrlpower because tits and super powers sells

Moon Over June
Because I want to see a trainwreck.

Femdom girl best girl

This.

Menage a 3 and unsounded

>Menage a 3
good tastes, gimme some of that on adult swim please.

The God of High School, but that already got a little animation, not a series.

This

Questionable Content
made by the guys of Gen Zed
it would the mother of all the trainwrecks.

>QC
>Not Dumbing of Age

A full season.

Only one

Monster Pulse

House of Orr. I want a grand campaign of adventure cartoon.

animated by the guys behind superjail

God, please no.

God of Highschool but Lessa is way better imo

Nedroid has already been stretched into a 10 minute show called regular show, I think Meg Mogg and Owl would be a better made for tv Nedroid.

TwoKinds, because I'm an irredeemable furfag and I also want to hear what the characters sound like - I've never been good at voices.

On a scale of yes to no,
Yes.

oh god this
would be so fucked up and dirty

mob psycho 100 is a Sup Forums thing they have threads and talk about it all the time. It's made by one the same dude who does one punch man. Matter of fact new chapter got released so a thread should be up right now

Whomp

>TwoKinds
Isn't that the one that Markiplier's brother makes? I've heard it's nothing but furry waifus.

Probably Boxer Hockey. Animated by Tyson Hesse himself. also, finished.

youtube.com/watch?v=a6GEEi67atc

but it has been animated and animated really nicely too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Poo5lqoWSGw

This. Even if it means that due to low ratings of the first few episodes, it was discontinued afterwards, it would make for a great season finale and cliffhanger.

fucking yes

it's so bizzarre to me that one brother has been wallowing in middle-high furry fame for a number of years, and then the other came into e-celeb status comparably overnight, far outshining the first brother.

But don't you have to pay royalties for referencing shit like that?

Scalie Schoolie

Fuck off.

even jap cartoons are outsourced to koreans though

KSBD deserves some sort media.

While it's not really Sup Forums or even a webcomic, I'd like to see Worm get animation.

Here's that (you) for that creative use of ignorance.

>ctrl + f "The Meek"
>0 results

I trusted you, Sup Forums.

I mean, I guess it's too dark to realistically ever get animated, but shit, man- none of the comics ITT will ever get animated anyway, and the OP gave no specification on darkness.

Id love to see an adaptation of supernormal step.
Its got a lot of action, decent characters, and an art style that I think would lend itself well to an animated series.

I just started that, and it seems pretty interesting. Does it get any better/worse? Or does it remain fairly consistent?

First chapter is far and away my least favorite, but even that I still quite enjoy. I think it gets better and better, since the artist/writer has had so long to refine the storyboarding/writing whilst working on their other comic. There's also some bonus comics I read somewhere that I remember being pretty good at fleshing out characters, but I don't remember where the heck I read em.

Hopefully once Mare Internum finishes later this year we can finally get truly frequent updates on The Meek.

I've never seen anything from Korean animation that's on par with anime.

Just because they outsource some work--mostly in-betweening, and not even all of that--does not mean anime is produced in Korea.

He's presumably referring to the original webcomic. I mean, the redraw is also a webcomic, but it's more official.

>Maybe Dr.Mcninja
I was thinking Dr. McNinja

Atomic Robo (it's a webcomic now so it counts)

Honestly I'd rather see a live action movie.

Is Mare Internum the reason for the mega-hiatus? Space shenanigans are cool yeah but I really like the Meek.

Developing MI from scratch, boarding the whole thing, writing the whole thing, currently drawing and posting the whole thing, working an actual job (teaching), reworking Meek boards/scripts to make sure everything in the future was up to the comic's current quality, doing line and coloring for other comics, and creating and maintaining a patreon with rewards (commissions, behind-the-scenes stuff, extra comics, etc).

I think that's mostly what the author has been up to. Also I think she had an illness of some kind for a spell there? Not totally sure.

But user, most of the shit scenes in animu nowadays were the ones that were outsourced to korea. There's a reason why the japs hate koreans in their animus.

Wish granted

>Wanting "McDonuld's Nuggets shill"- the show

That's not funny, his addiction has crippled him and will likely continue to do so until his death within the next year or 6 months.

I'd like a Dr McNinja cartoon.

Second

>TwoKinds
No.
I just can't believe how litter the fucking plot has move in all this years and how uninteresting all the character had became in that shit of wedcomic

if Misfile weren't the Misfile of webcomics, then Twokinds would be. it's THAT slow and boring and shit.

Girls of the Wild's

>e
God of highschool and noblesse is geting them so this one shouldnt be too far off

have you not been watching the anime? sticks pretty close to the style of the webcomic

I have! It's great and that's why I made the thread. I just think there's a lot of potential out there.

>getting them
Noblesse has one.
I'd honestly prefer Girls of the Wild's as a kdrama than an animation. MoonYoung best girl

If it moved at an in-universe day every episode or two (plus timeskip on the boat), it's actually work at a decent clip. The comics are infrequent, but hell, I could see Trace's group and Keith's group in [start of chapter 18 - dragongirl shenanigans] as one, maybe two episodes. The "Templar" attack would make a good cliffhanger, or just take up a small part of it.

Provided you find somebody able to speak softly as Duane and somebody that can capture the energy that Sette has I would be all game.

All of the Khert has to be water colours though.

This, it would cause the biggest shitstorm ever here.
Why is Houndu so shit?

Best answer IMO

Would it work better toned down a bit but with darker overtones, or same as it is but on like Adult Swim?

HOLY SHIT
Why can't this be real?

Dershing got burnt out on comics for a few years and only worked on mobile game art assets for a while. She started the scifi comic as a step back into webcomics.

I knew it will come to this.

I would agree, each chapter is adapted into an episode...however that the story as whole needs a lot of reworking to do.
>Too many subplots in chapter 4, some ideas might have to be moved to further chapters for added suspense
Zack was trying to entertain readers during the infamous long train ride with so many information...unfortunately it kinda made the story dragging a lot, putting off some readers in the process. Heck, it's even a punchline from Sup Forumsmrades in the dedicated threads.

If I was a writer of the animated adaptation If so, HAIL TEAM LIGHTNINGROD, I'd adjust the content of chapters 4 and beyond for the sake of proper episodic flow and build-up. They'll be neatly more condensed compared to earlier chapters, which are generally loved. I'd personally cull Forge's possession of Johnny, Max's spluttering of Day's role within Isaac's ears

>removing overt references to anime (e.g Frieza bag, Ed's gymwear imitating Goku)
Because Japan.

(TBC)

Here's another worm can opening part the comic will probably have to go through to bring it to a different media...censorship.
>"Cody's gayness? But user, it's the CURRENT YEAR. Steven Universe got away with genderless space rock shit plus lesboeroticism, I don't see the problem with that."
I'm talking about Dr Mina Zarei. She wears a headscarf which implies devoutness to Muslim faith...but meddles around with spirits, which is considered witchcraft = ABSOLTUELY HARAM. (some of those Sup Forumsmrades had a lot of talk about this.)

Imagine the unfortunate implications. The seething rage from some viewers from the 'misrepresentation' (kinda Zack's fault too for his lack of research): especially those less seasoned lot from some part of the world. Also, what's a Persian have anything to do with summoning spirits? Why not more sensible choices like a Javanese or Filipino or Chinese? She might unfortunately have to be replaced with a different chara with the same traits she has.

On a different note, the vibrant Chapter 3 colours would be nice for TV. Some sloppy rock music for the OP too, fits the shonen vibes.

Apple Black

Homestuck

Some of it is animated.

Beyond the Canopy

bump

No one ever talks about it. And the style is more or less like a cartoon anyways.

It would be easy to split Chapter 4 into multiple episodes.

Hell, you could move Hurtball right after the Chapter 3 episode, because the Hijack plotline is really just secondary and just meant to stay there until the main meat of this part, and then put Chapter 4 as a sort of midseason (in a, say, 12 episode season with 20 minute episodes) two parter, and then put everything that's unfinished after that.

Stick in the Mud! would make a swell Adult Swim series.

Otherwise, seconding

Ignoring how Homestuck broke my spirit by the end, fucking HOW?

It's literally built on the premise that for 75% of the story most of the characters are away from each other, communicating through indirect means a la instant messaging.

The pacing isn't too bad a problem, but you'd have to rework the entire story, making some long parts very short and some short parts very long, and ignoring all the parts of the story that would hopefully be deleted entirely.