Is it just me or is Steven's power set starting to become bullshit?

Is it just me or is Steven's power set starting to become bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY
youtu.be/CN_eL5ukCbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You think Pearl would murder Steven, Garnet, and Amethyst if it would bring Rose back?

No, but she would have to think about it.

I agree. Was Rose this powerful? I think the gems should have been limited to maybe one or two powers each.

shield- natural weapon all gems have
bubbling - common power to all gems
healing tears/spit - power rose was established to have, and given to steven early on
age changing - possibly related to transformation
super strength - common power
flight - related to gems ability to control gravitational attraction based on surroundings
cat fingers - related to transformation
transformation - common power
sapient watermelons - possibly related to rose's affinity for plants

rose is still very mysterious. she was probably one of the oldest gems, which could mean that she was able to develop a wider variety of powers than more recent gems, or just learned how to use hers in many different ways

He seems no more powerful than the average gem we've seen. Pretty weak as a fighter, in fact.

HEY SO IF STEVEN AND GOKU FOUGHT EACH OTHER STEVEN COULD JUST POSSESS GOKU AND WIN

>weak as a fighter

didn't she knock a triple ruby fusion out barehanded?

Well I do question the ability to astral project into humans, but I suppose if mental connection with Gems is possible, and we've seen it is, mental connection with humans could be considered an extension of that.

Most of his powers seem super situational.

>related to gems ability to control gravitational attraction based on surroundings

No it's separate from the gems changing to the gravity, which happens automatically.

It IS starting to get out of hand. Now he can possess people? That's some bad mojo.

So, what's it up to now?

Enhanced strength
Summoning a shield
Creating protective bubbles that can teleport items
Shapeshifting
Magical healing saliva
The ability to create and command sentient plantlife
Can enter a pocket dimension in Lion's mane
Can fuse with humans
Gravity manipulation
Body swapping

Am I missing anything? Assuming Rose can do most of these (sans fusing with humans) it seems odd if she were just another Quartz like Jasper.

Being able to go into the minds of gems (see: cluster)

Dude, people used to think Rose was one of the diamonds, before we learned that Diamonds are the size of a small Kaiju. Even so, she was obviously some type of high ranking gem. Not diamond rank, but clearly strong enough to spearhead an entire rebellion.

Maybe. Goku's been implied to have at least a basic mastery of telepathy, so he might he might have mental defenses. I know, I'm as shocked as you are.
On the other hand Goku was susceptible to Captain Ginyu's body swapping technique, so I imagine Steven's astral control would work on him.

>ability to heal with his spit
>ability to shapeshift, albeit not much
>ability to enter/take over people's minds, but only when he's asleep
>may or may not be able to mess with electronics
Not really that bullshit

Cut enhanced strength. He's weaker than most real gems. If anything, his human side is debuffing his powers there. Split his protective bubble out of his description of regular bubbles and remove regular bubbles, weapon summon, shape shifting, and fusing for being universal powers all gems seem to have.

STEVEN CONFIRMED FOR GOKU BLACK

>Enhanced strength
>Summoning a shield
>Creating protective bubbles that can teleport items
>Shapeshifting
All gems appear to have these (except Peridot with shapeshifting)

>Magical healing saliva
>The ability to create and command sentient plantlife
Both of these barely work for Steven, though he's learning them as the show progresses.

>Can enter a pocket dimension in Lion's mane
>Can fuse with humans
I don't think these really count as powers of their own - the former is part of Lion, the latter is because he's part human so fusion is a little different for him.

>Gravity manipulation
>Body swapping
What does body swapping refer to?

I'm counting all instances of him having a power, not just ones unique to Steven.

Don't forget the dreamscape powers.

Do you think that would mean the diamonds have even more powers? and even better ones?

what the fuck is this alternate timeline evil goku?

is it one where he is not sent to earth and Bardock and his saiyan bros fuck Frieza before he destroys their planet?

If you're judging him as a human, fine. He has a lot of abilities humans don't have. Whether he's bullshit or not though should be in comparison to his power set against the others with powers. This thread is about figuring out if he's bullshit or not, so we need to judge him as a Gem.

Doing this is just inflating and confusing the list.

>What does body swapping refer to?

The newest episode

>What does body swapping refer to?
Today's episode. He was running around in Lars' body after entering it through a dream.

Dreams are just weird like that, I've had and known people that experienced similar.

nah, she's a gem. She's counting on steven having a typical human lifespan. What's 80 some years compared to 5000+?

Maybe! But if it came from learning and practice, why is Steven getting them randomly? I don't think he's toooo op, but it does seem like lately it's just like "whoa okay so he can do that now too I guess." You know what I mean?

I am Steven and I have lots and lots of powers.

Ah, I've not watched today's yet.
Still, see

Most of his powers are things that all gems have with some exclusive ones from rose. That said rose was probably a really powerful gem. That's why a lot of people think she is a diamond or something.

Most of the gems have other powers they dont use for plot reasons you know like Pearl's ability to SHOOT ENERGY BLAST FROM HER SPEAR or multiply her spear or generate clouds to blind enemieis or manipulate sand or project a solid holographic copy of her?

What so Steven died and Rose just comes back? Does she think Steven is just a phase Rose is going through or something?

He's still a little boy, though. It's not too much of a stretch that as he matures he will gain greater control over them and/or they will increase in magnitude.

No its
shield- natural weapon all gems have
bubbling - common power to all gems
healing tears/spit - power rose was established to have, and given to steven early on
age changing - related to steven being half human half gem and aging but also being able to choose a form
super strength - common power
slow fall/ gliding - related to gems ability to control gravitational attraction based on surroundings, but rose could specifically alter this
steven's mind control being the newest seems to have a connection to his and rose's care for people as he could see the souls of the cluster, he could enter peoples minds hes worried about.

cat fingers - related to transformation
transformation - common power
sapient watermelons - related to rose's affinity for plants, this is specifically stated- she could create armies of sapient plants

he's a living keikaku.
Did you think Rose really loved all the thousands of men she fucked throughout history? She's been taking samples- Steven is a chimeric descendant of Alexander The Great, Jesus Christ of Nazarith, Aristotle, Da Vinci, Houdini, Pavarotti, every major rock musician, etc etc.
Add an alien rock goddess, being nurtured by a society that was literally tailor-made to suit your boy-king needs, and a loyal yet ruthless squadron to train you back into greatness, and you have a Steven.

Steven Powers:
Terminal Velocity Manipulation
Shapeshfiting
Ageshifting
Energy Shield
Energy Forcefield
Power Negation(Remember when he instantly destroyed all of Lapis's water constructs)
Gem bubbling
Dream Communication
Gem Soul Viewing
Healing Spit
Spit that makes any seed become a sapient killing machine

As it stands, that's a point against him more than a point for him. You're bringing up the fact that most powers so far exclusive to him are out of control compared to say, Lapis who has a power exclusive to her which she has a ridiculous amount of control over.

But can Steven beat Jimmy's cheese ray?

manga or show cheese ray?

because we all know how fucking stupid the cheese ray got after Evil Carl arc.

Not really. I mean a lot of stuff seems vaguely in the same wheelhouse. He's body jumped before hasn't he?
But he's doing them by accident and rarely has control.
Like he learned to jump and float down, but has poor control over it.
He still can't really shapeshift beyond extendo limbs
He's bodyjumping mostly by accident.
He hasn't fixed his healing spit yet but apparently he's getting that back later.
Rose is pretty strong, Steven ain't even close to what she can do yet.
Plus he did it with the Watermelon

This post is about Steven being a weak fighter, not Rose.

Look at it from her perspective. Rose is thousands and thousands of years old, had a relatively recent fixation on human sex and tried to get pregnant by one, something physically impossible for gem-kind. Gems have shapeshifting powers; their bodies are just light constructs. They can poof back from almost any "death" and Rose disappeared as soon as Steven popped out. The only conclusion to make is that this is some very in-depth roleplay session for her.

So he gets all these powers and none of them are good for fighting. He gives his sword away to a girl.

I mean it was refreshing and all seeing some 'women' doing the fighting, but goddamn, this show needs some fucking testosterone. All the damn crying and emotion has made it lose it's impact. I mean shit, the last and only episode that actually hit me was Rose's Scabbard, now every other episode is a tear fest and it's just stupid. The powers are getting out of hand, and nobody gives a shit about plot

All the powers gained in this show are ass-pulls

Peridot's new powers were such horseshit

And another thing does every fucking gem need to be redeemed? Can't they just be evil for christ sake?

Its actually for brutal to bash someone's brains in with a shield then cut them up with a sword.

>relatively recent fixation on human sex
youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY
>I was fine with the men
>Who would come into her life now and again
I think Rose was pulling this shit for a while.

Peridots powers aren't technically new. She was using them to control her old fingers

It makes sense for Peridot to be redeemed to me, it'd be pushing it if Jasper got redeemed unless they gave it a proper arc. They'd be nuts to try and redeem any of the diamonds - especially yellow diamond.

Relatively. They are older than their time on earth

He will never wind up fighting anyone or anything. All of his powers are pussy passive shit. The only real fighting he's done is as a literal fruit.

Peridot was a sociopathic mad scientist when she first showed. I did not see redemption coming for her even while they were chasing her and she kept running off like some cartoon villian

Steven mind raped Lars. Even though Lars is a piece of shit, Steven is even worse for that.

Also, what kind of faggot gets so assbalsted about being called by their full name instead of their nickname by their parents?

the theme of the show is love. Sugar stated there are no villains. Evil does not exist and everything will be pussy shit.

>All of his powers are pussy passive shit.
Super human strength. Ability to shit on gravity. Plant minions.
That shit could be brutal if he wanted it to be.

Rose was such a fucking slut

Sure, I guess you could make the excuse that the limb enhancers are also power enhancers and allowed her to unknowingly use her magnetic abilities

I always see her as some henchman type just taking orders from the higher-ups. She was simply over-excited that something, anything, was happening; hence the cartoon-villain persona.

>body swapping
its possession, actually, because lars wasnt walking around in stevens body and didnt have any idea that anything happened until steven told him

which is even scarier

Where did Lars' conciousness go during it?

In her first scene they had her splat her probe as if to emphasize her lack of empathy. Even steven's attempt to talk casually to her ended in attempted murder. They did not paint her in a good light for a long time

Lars should try not being such a rapeable little slut.
Sadie raped him, Steven raped him, Ronaldo raped him, after a certain point I think we need to consider what's making all the rape happen to Lars.

Is it just me or Sadie's shirt was a nod to The Witcher 3?

Nowhere.

I'll tell you a secret: You die every night you go to sleep

I don't think so. If I died I wouldn't wake back up. That's why it's called sleeping and not dying. Also you can dream when you're sleeping

500 Million Year Button Universe

youtu.be/CN_eL5ukCbw

This Lars episode was truly shit and a waste of time.

But at least it established Steven can go into people's mind. This better have a hell of a pay off for wasting 12 minutes of my life.

I think Greg was special.
It's hard to believe but from the sounds of things, her relationships with other men never really progressed past how they were in "We need to Talk" before Greg tried fusing.

At least it was funny, unlike fucking Sadie's Song

Steven is slowly becoming Rose Quartz.

The whole show is bullshit.

I didn't laugh. But I'm glad to hear someone got some enjoyment out of it.

We don't know yet, but it is alluded that he is a being from a different universe. He is aware of who Goku is.

>concerned with wasting small quantities of time
>browsing /sug/

Just like your birth

Dreaming only lasts a couple hours. The rest of the time your consciousness is just...off.

Yeah, but later it's learned that her shtick was mostly an act - she was scared shitless by the gems (probably literally since she hid in a bathroom), which served as a catalyst for her redemption. That said, I would've liked a little more of her as a villain character.

It's manipulating how gravity affects him and the stuff he's holding which is pretty impressive.

Like combine that with his shield or his bubble, having him go into low orbit and crash down at terminal velocity like a meteorite strike

Your brain is just as active when it's not dreaming as when it's dreaming. The machine as a whole never shuts down.

>gives his long, think, pink sword to the girl he loves
>somehow this is not manly as hell

You got me.

I just needed to express how shit that episode is.

I couldn't call shit and bad.
Shit and garbage?

>It's manipulating how gravity affects him and the stuff he's holding which is pretty impressive.
Like what happened with that boat in Steven Floats? That might be part of it, but he's also got plain old super strength. He's been able to tear apart metal machinery with his bare hands, and weight reduction wouldn't help with that.

>allows Connie to take his weapon and use it for herself
>while his main power is to wrap her inside his magic to protect her
I mean, I'm not knocking his lifestyle choice, but yeah.

the part we call you does though.

Agreed that his powers are getting out of hand.

Jesus Fucking Christ. Nothing in recent animation has managed to make me cringe as much as this bullshit.

How can you stupid cunts even like this shit?

Meant for

That episode made me cringe too, it was too corny. The rest of the show is rather mixed, but when it's good it's damn good.

Because they're all autistic cucks.

Poor bait, friend.

>inb4 unabashed "gasp how dare you call my honest opinion bait" dramatics

Why does Steven and Connie both have such hot moms?
Why does this show adhere to my fetish for mature women?

So has Steven nutted up and used the sword yet?

Or are they still having Connie do that?

Not too much, just because it seems like he just has Rose's power, which is normal. Their intros however can be total bullshit, and they can be introduced too fast

Everyone deserves at least one (You)

Has anyone brought up that Pearl basing her entire life around Rose is really bad and colours her interactions with Steven negatively?

well here's yours because that nigga has like 4