How far do you think Wetsern Animation is before we get to the level of anime? So far...

How far do you think Wetsern Animation is before we get to the level of anime? So far, we haven't been able to tell the breadth of stories nor create the detailed worlds anime have been doing for a while. In some places we are getting there: see Avatar, it seems like we are still way behind in story and animation. What are your thoughts on the matter? Video related youtube.com/watch?v=4XRe612LFvs

>this thread again

>This post again

Why even bother?

Why even?

Why?
h
y
?

Western animation will never get to the level of anime untill platforms like Netflix begin to find more experimental shows.

>Don't discuss thing

I see this post for nearly every non-general cartoon discussion thread. Please fuck off.

>ITT

I can never watch anime because of how gross it treats women of ALL ages. It's 20-fucking-16 and you still have 15 year olds shown in swimsuits for neckbeards to ogle at.

Wtf??

>forgeting that tumblr landwhales LOVE fujobait sport anime.

So who gives a fuck what tumblr likes? That doesn't make it any less horrible.

>west doesnt pander to pervs

>cartoons are inferior in every way and will never meet the QUALITY of animation that japan has created: The Thread

there is nothing to discuss in these threads because they're just anime circlejerks

That picture is the least sexual thing I've seen in this whole thread.

Not really, just because you'd rather project like a retard and don't want to have an actual discussion doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Never going to happen.

People love to say Avatar changed things but it didn't change shit. The only show since then that was like it was Korra, by the same guys, and Korra was a flop. Animation has been going more comedic ever since. Kids want Adventure Time and Spongebob, not Avatar. Until action cartoons stop being dead don't expect any kind of progress to be made. Older audiences watch that live action stuff
on Nick and Disney. Remember animation is for kids

>Remember animation is for kids
Also stoners, fat loser neckbeards and paedophiles ;^)

Japan does less live action shit than the US because they don't have lots of places to film. A lot of shows that are animated there are live action here.

If Supernatural was made in Japan, it would be anime. Hell it's pretty much anime right now.

>le superior nippon thread

>Le I didn't read the thread nor am I going to add anything if worth post

>y-you're retarded this isn't just another thread circle jerking about anime being superior!

:^) you're right user

I dislike anime because it is absolutely enslaved by its archetypes and in more recent years it's fanservice.

In the west, characters in different stories share traits. I'll readily admit that. But in anime, it's like they take the exact same character and drop them into every story with and just given them a palette swap.

Japan makes plenty of live action. It's just they don't have an animation stigma. If comic gets an adaption here and has to be live action to appeal to normies like The Felicity Show or MCU. In Japan they realize shounen manga works best in animated form. Just because America would make One Piece live action doesn't mean it's the right course of action

Na, japan can't create things as emotional as Moral Orel without adding shitty pantyshots and 'uguuu' crap. Really, the only worthy japanese material is severely underrated while crap as One Piece sells millions of issues monthly.

Really, the only good anime from there is Kaiji.

Also, japanese live action is cancer. Even fucking koreans and chineses can create something better than japan on that medium.

I like cartoons. I like anime.

Please show me the criclejerking posts. If anything you're just a passive agressive tumblrite wanting to turn the board into tumblr-lite where you just post your favorite images.

I generally agree, but since Sup Forums obsesses over shit like Star, Loud House and SU, I don't see much better stateside.

For every Bojack, there are a dozen experimental artsy anime out there anyway, just by the sheer number.

They are all outsourced to Korea so there really isn't much of a difference.

>They are all outsourced to Korea so there really isn't much of a difference.

>iPhones and Laptops are both made in China so their the same thing

>japan can't create things as emotional as Moral Orel

Objectively wrong though. That's like saying American shows can't be funny without swearing.

Then you're not trying very hard

>Japan makes plenty of live action.

And it's honestly all fucking awful.

God I hate this thread and it's weeaboo defending OP so much.

I swear it's the same chucklefuck making these threads.

Then you and I must be looking in very different places, friend.

To be fair, I am cynical as fuck about anime. Whenever I watch a new one I start a mental tally of cliches and end up dropping the show after a while.

Japan always uses shit cliches like 'they burned muh village'.
99% of japanese writers only know how to rip-off generic visual novels and the only good material from there is the one with massive western influences like literally every mecha or Lain who is just 'Philip K Dick for dummies'.

But Japan live action fucking sucks.

>And it's honestly all fucking awful.

Fuck you. Kamen Rider Gaim was probably one of my favorite action show of 2014.

>Japan always uses shit cliches like 'they burned muh village'.

What do you mean exactly? Can you give some examples?

Ultraman > Meme Rider

>using Cucumber Quest as an example

>you're just a passive agressive tumblrite wanting to turn the board into tumblr-lite where you just post your favorite images.

i will now post my favorite image

Sup Forums is literally Numale: the board now.

I blame Homestuck

>Na, japan can't create things as emotional as Moral Orel without adding shitty pantyshots and 'uguuu' crap.

Are you forgetting Evangelion which is one of the most popular anime of all time? Or hell, even contemporary successors like Madoka.

>Admitting to being a tumblrite

What's being conveyed in this image? Are the cartoons going to rape the PPGs?

>Japan does less live action shit than the US

Every country does less live action than America.