Tomorrow the Castlevania anime comes out. Does anyone even give a fuck?

Tomorrow the Castlevania anime comes out. Does anyone even give a fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fxUlQFvE6k4
youtube.com/watch?v=Dha4-Txn1Ik
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not live action
no thanks

>anime made since 2002
Oh boy I can't wait to have a brain aneurysm from all the ugly 3D and mismatched artstyles

If it's good, sure. If not, no.

>warren ellis

Yes I am excited

Never even heard of it.

>Anime
Heh, this is 100% western animation, kiddies.

I do

trailer looks like good ole 90s action animu, not whatever the fuck they're doing now

Absolutely

Is it all at once or week-by-week?

I've give it a shot because of this but I'm not excited that it looks like anime

It looks better than any live action version they would've tried. Still should've gotten Madhouse, though.

Oh shit, forgot about that, intrigued

Anything good he's done?

what time does it go up?

its netflix so all at once

This Gajin shit isn't anime you dumb fucks.

Transmetropolitan, and Preacher.

>Graham McTavish as Dracula
>Richard Armitage as Trevor Belmont
>James Callis as Alucard
>Alejandra Reynoso as Sypha Belnades
>Emily Swallow as Lisa Tepes
>Matt Frewer as The Bishop
>Tony Amendola as The Elder
Four episodes, thirty minutes each

im intentionally NOT going to watch it, ironically of course.

Anime expo preview
youtu.be/fxUlQFvE6k4

FUCK YEAH I DO

Holy shit, MAX HEADROOM IS IN THIS?

>western animation

>bunch of literally who VAs

nah

Warren Ellis did not work on Preacher.

we know and we don't care. imagine that weeb

>this isn't amine
>pokeman and 3 million awkward screaming girl fetish sitcoms are

this is clearly the better choice.

So its a 2 hour movie? kinda lame.

This is American toonkino, not a weeb animeflick.

So where will it be, morans? Netliix?

Come on...

Nobody gives a shit. Jap gook anime isn't the be all and end all of animation.

Go watch your CGI Berserk and tell us you prefer it over this.

you're right its 1000000000x better than that weeb garbagio

baka go fuck yourself

Animated by the guys who did the Clerks Animated Series and produced by Frederator

Not animu

Same niggas are gonna make an Assassins Creed animu series

>netflix
>western animation
>cast peppered with "that sounds familiar" VAs
>based on the worst castlevania plot
it'll be garbage, and if you're actually a fan of the series, this is something you already knew in advance, everyone else is just looking for validation or are Sup Forumsmrades hoping for a pile of shit to polish

liberals ruin fucking everything in the end. Fucking everything.

>worst castlevania plot

the only plot a castlevania should have is: some motherfuckers try to kill dracula and holy fuck there's demons and monsters all over the goddamned place

Produced and directed by liberal cuckolds. No thanks.

>dude just turn off your brain lmao
go away normie

You never played any of the games or even care about the lore. Go fuck yourself.

Tell me which Castlevania has the best plot? The one where the gy goes around Europe picking up Dracula's parts to rebuild him only to kill him again? The one where Dracula's castle gets teleported to Japan and he is supposed to fight his reincarnated self who is a Japanese anime boy? Please tell me?

well how much plot do you need for a 30+ yr old video game?!

>The one where the gy goes around Europe picking up Dracula's parts to rebuild him only to kill him again?
that one, DoS/AoS, OoE, the untranslated light novel featuring soma/julius, the very first entry, lament of innocence, symphony of the night, harmony of discord, curse of darkness, i could go on but you get the idea all would have served as better base material but i'm glad they didn't tbqh because you know as well as i do netflix is going to butcher the shit out of this and konami will give no fucks as long as it's cutting them checks, dumbass
don't reply to any of my posts ever again stupid stinky normalfaggot

>symphony of the night,
How could you make a 2 hour fucking movie about this?

It's not a fucking anime. It's a cartoon.

uhh

how couldn't you? sotn alone is rife with shit to drag out, you could make a fucking four hour movie out of it if you really wanted to, shit you can say the same for just about any castlevania that followed the first, and even the first to some extent

>how couldn't you?
answer my question then.

>smol head
lmao

lol please don't act like this is some complex inquiry, it's a fucking video game plot being drawn out into a shitty cartoon for a four episode format
>opening episode explains richter defeating dracula, shaft/richter possession, four years pass
>second follows with alucard arriving at the castle, meeting death and getting his power level rocked, maybe maria and the librarian
>third delves into alucard's past, his mother, succubus encounter, destroying shaft the right way
>fourth and final is an inverted castle rerun leading up to the final fight, THE END
i could easily drag that out into an entire season using really minor elements as filler, which wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary either

is that sufficient for you or would you prefer a less detailed synopsis wherein it's just two hours of alucard doing badass vampire stuff interspersed with a brooding richter or dracula cursing him every time he defeats a boss? seems more the typical netflix viewer's speed but i'm a mad man who just took a simple, unconverted plot and dumbed it down to four cliffnotes style episodes at the request of a stranger, so i may be a tad biased

>lol please don't act like this is some complex inquiry, it's a fucking video game plot being drawn out into a shitty cartoon for a four episode format

hold on. If this is your logic why can't it be applied to Castlevania 3 then?

i forgot all bout it

>hold on
no
it can be applied, but my original post explained why it shouldn't
i've answered your questions while you've dodged the ones i've asked you, so unless you're actually interested in discussing how wrong you were about how easily sotn could also be adapted into a two hour film, fuck right off

add shit

>it can be applied, but my original post explained why it shouldn't
You didn't actually explain anything. You listed a bunch of games. I asked explain how one can have a story for a movie. You gave the "come on" dodge no answer. I pushed. You gave an answer that could apply to Castlevania 3. You fucked up user.

>tfw the director's cut doubles the runtime by showing the entire movie upside down

calm down satan, first
>all would have served as better base material but i'm glad they didn't tbqh because you know as well as i do netflix is going to butcher the shit out of this
second
>I asked explain how one can have a story for a movie. You gave the "come on" dodge no answer.
i think what you meant to say is "how can one adapt that story for a film" which i explained quite readily in detail, and offered the idea of it possibly persisting for an entire season, were it to be less dumbed down for the masses
>You gave an answer that could apply to Castlevania 3.
technically that 'answer' could apply to any video game, you just seem to have a hard-on for 3, for whatever reason
>You fucked up user.
how so? even if i were in agreement that i had somehow goofed i'm not, what difference does it make? or are you under the impression that because i'm being somewhat polite and/or not sperging out at you, that there's value to be found in being formal and saving face..? because there isn't, particularly here on this busted ass board, of all places

if you want a less profound answer that doesn't stifle your goalpost mobility, see:thanks for continuing to ignore my own line of questioning btw, i really do wish you would have followed my own example and been a little more engaging at least, if i had more time for anonymous autists in my day i'd be certain to stick around and entertain your malady further

Unfunny cringe

here we have Sup Forums setting the high bar for comedy

>m'lady

Is this faggot serious?

>malady
>noun
>a disease or ailment

fuck yeah bitch i'll entertain your lady any day of the week

I'm optimistic. I'll actually watch it and form cohesive opinions of it.

how is it going to be visually? like are we talking symphony of the night, or the boring and bland lords of shadow with generic enemies and no exciting backdrops?

>boring and bland lords of shadow with generic enemies and no exciting backdrops?
looking like this more than anything, but there are previews everywhere you can view at your own discretion

Not an anime

theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dha4-Txn1Ik

>Die fucking white male, you don't belong in this LGBT multicultural world!
>It was not by my hand I was once again given flesh! I was brought here by nazis and the alt-right who wished to pay me tribute!
>Tribute?! You oppress minority communities and make them ashamed!
>Perhaps the same could be said of all christians....
>Your words are as empty as the hole I paid doctors to carve into my genitals! Womyn-kind ill needs a shitlord like you!
>What is a man? A miserable misogynistic CIS-privileged pile of secrets! But enough talk.....have at you!

>n-no! This cannot be!!!
>AAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I hope they make Dracula look exactly like dolandrumpf.

he doesnt

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

3D, like anything else, varies in its quality.

I don't know why people keep bringing up Berserk as an argument against anime. It's an aberration, and everyone agrees it at least looks like shit.

dont bully vlad. hes sensitive

I've been curious to know who is actually making the animation, but there doesn't seem to be any information on that yet.

that looks better

God dammit, this is finally going to get me to resub to netflix. Fuck.

fuck yeah, is it about Simon and basically in the era of the first game?

Powerhouse Animation Studios. They haven't really done anything major before.

Trevor. Castlevania 3.

Yeah but I doubt they're actually animating this. Almost nothing is animated in America or has been animated in America in a long time, and this is very advanced work.

Yeah the animation and rendering looks great, definitely outsourced to some asian studio. And at only 4 episodes they were able to really afford quality.

For the best, there wouldn`t be much of a cast for Simon`s games.

Too bad we probably won`t see Hector.

>not knowing who Matt Frewer is

Don't you got summer school to attend to kid.

damn shame

I'm extremely hype for this, but I haven't played one of the games.

Is there anything I should know beforehand going in, or will it not matter because this is a western vidya adaptation and it's "impossible" for those to be good?

Keep in mind, I'm excited primarily because Adi Shankar knows his shit, Warren Ellis is a badass, and Netflix literally doesn't give a fuck about what the creators do so long as they get paid by the customers which they're doing regardless.

>there wouldn`t be much of a cast for Simon`s games.
That's true but it's a good starting point. I find it gets confusing and stupid once they jump around to different times.

shouldn't this hot garbage be out right now? or is it still yesterday in the third world

Castlevania lore is pretty barebones desu, you don't need to know anything going in.

Well to be fair Castlevania 3 is the first chronologically anyways, if you don`t count the pre-Dracula stuff.

maybe next season

The old games barely have a plot.

not really. universal horror monsters get their shit whipped in by conan the barbarian

Castlevania's story goes all over the place and usually isn't that intricate. I doubt you need to know anything other than that in the Castlevania universe, Dracula isn't just an evil vampire he's basically evil incarnate.

And play some of the fucking games, especially Super Castlevania 4 and all the metroidvanias like Symphony of the Night and the GBA ones you could easily emulate right now.

>Castlevania 3 is the first chronologically
no it's not, what about Lament of Innocence

2 and a half hours i think

oh I should read the rest of your post before I post, nevermind. Anyway fuck LoI

I get that they chose 3 for being the starting point of Castlevania and for having a wider cast of main characters. I don't get why they didn't include Grant though? I think his plot is the most interesting out of the 4.

>worst castlevania plot
castlevania iii is objectively the best of out all the classical games, even iv you dumb faggot

supposedly the 4 eps coming out is just the first half of season 1 and hes going to be in the second half released later

>metroidvania shit

YOU have to go BACK