Covers from the 2010s that you think will become iconic classics?

Covers from the 2010s that you think will become iconic classics?

deserves to be anyway

I just now noticed that sweet starfire ass

Honestly it's hard to say. I don't even find the Rebirth one you posted to be that iconic even though the story was good.

What was the most recent one that gets homaged these days, the Hal one from Emerald Twilight? Did anyone but Ms Marvel do the Supergirl cover?

I bought this as a single issue just so i could have it. I like hellboy but I've only read two volumes and a bit of BRPD

Mignola has great taste in old movies

I hope this one does

The banned Spider-Woman and Batgirl covers. The faggots that censored them made them more famous than they ever would have been otherwise.

All of Rivera's cover for DD

This one pretty much is already

That's pretty fucking cool

that series will be forgotten in like 2 years, unfortunately.

I feel like Samnee had some really fucking amazing covers, but none of them really struck me as "iconic".

like they're all generally story specific covers, unlike Rivera's which are kinda nice pin-ups.

Wonder how they'll reference this since this is already a reference to Michelangelo.

Either this one.

Some of the Hawkeye covers too

They all look so awkward

Or this one.

>anything from Marvel
>iconic

>Wonder Woman is a Marvel character now

meme response, familia

some of the justice league dark covers were pretty nice i doubt any will become iconic but this one has a slight chance.

this will stay relevant on Sup Forums for quite a while...

ms marvel is iconic simply for being a recent marvel book thats not shit

that here lies a vision cover might get pretty well known (the obscure nature of the book itself is working against it there though)

Ooh this is a good choice.

Mignolia really need to make an art book or something his work is just fucking gorgeous

Yes

Guys, these are great covers and all, but you're not understanding what "iconic" means.

DC kind of forced this one into our consciousness. It is a good cover.

I swear the Supergirl cover was based on an older Superman cover, but I can't find the one now.

The Ms. Marvel one is definitely iconic, which is odd because it's actually the worst one in the series.

It's almost always #1's that catch on, especially now when series prefer to keep their numbering low.

I mean, it's really hard to say. Lots of covers become iconic that you wouldn't instantly expect, yet in hindsight it seems "obvious" that they'd be popular.

Maguire's "Wanna Make Something of It?" cover for JLI #1 is a great example: it's nothing too special by design, but due to the angle and the facial expressions, it's been repeated often. And of course, the popularity doesn't hurt, either.

The Rebirth special will undoubtedly be repeated. The style of the Rebirth one-shots (close-ups with personal item towards face) will probably be repeated, although they might not count.

The Crime Syndicate cover that mirrors this one is also great

The banned Spider-woman one got an homage in UDONs Street Fighter collection where they're all iconic covers.

The last one of the storyline was my favorite, but I think folks will know this one.
Alternately, the Shalvey Moon Knight covers will be iconic for the character.

Comic covers can only be iconic now if the story is hailed as an all time classic.

The actual cover is irrelevant.

Kind of like TDKR lightning strike pose

Not really, no. There are plenty of famous covers where the actual comic quality is irrelevant.

That's just cringe

Thunderbolts #1

meh

He has at least 2 art books and all the Hellboy Library Editions contain sketchbooks in the back

I say this one already is, I've seen a few art pieces that replicate this exact pose a few times.

Nothing about Rebirth will be around in five years

Event comics are garbage

I can't believe they made a variant cover of a meme that's only relevant on Sup Forums.

I feel like part of what made old comic covers iconic was the typography and the Ad-man aesthetic. Since most of the old guys had training or experience in printing and advertising it made their grasp of layout and iconography so much better.

It may seem super cheesy to some but I miss the issue/arc title being on the cover and/or a short teaser exclamation.

Though the covers tend to fit the stories inside much better these days, I feel like they lost something when they decided all of the artists were right about not putting words on their precious picture.

Why not? New 52 is still around after 5 years. Rebirth isn't even an "event" anyway.