Storytime of Pain: The Rape of Ms. Marvel

One last storytime for today from my part. The classic tale of Shooter destroying a character because he didn't want some feminist bra-burner wasting space on the Avengers.

This is Avengers #200 aka The Rape of Ms. Marvel.

Some other SoPs to check out and keep bumped for new readers just joining the pain train:
(Trouble)
(Marville)
(Warrior)
(Amazons Attack)
(JLA: Created Equal & JLA: Act of God)
(Superman/Wonder Woman: Whom Gods Destroy)
(Knuckles the Echidna)
(Knuckles the Echidna pt. 2)
(Sonichu)
(Diesel)
(Ultimate End)

>that Toys R Us ad

>The classic tale of Shooter destroying a character because he didn't want some feminist bra-burner wasting space on the Avengers.
Source please? First I'm hearing of this.

It's mostly rumor I think. Shooter himself denies even remembering working on the story and says it's terrible.

The one thing that is known is that Carol's pregnancy was originally supposed to have something to do with the Kree Supreme Intelligence, but it was changed at the last minute because it was too similar to some What If story.

Suddenly Jurassic Park.

It starts.

"Fuck it, George, we don't have an ending yet, just draw some dinosaurs while you're waiting."

You know, last year I was able to read every storytime.
This year I'm already overwhelmed and we still have 3 days to go.

I'm from /m/ and this is my first time here during SDCC, have an alien squirrel riding a shark with robot toys to cheer you up.

Last year was a spur of the moment thing that actually just happened to come together by chance. One user just happened to storytime Trouble in a thread, then when everyone was freaking out, decided to do the full Unholy Trinity. Which then inspired a couple of other SoPs until the weekend was nothing but people doing SoPs.

Since this year we had planned ahead to do the same thing, the storytimers were able to plan out the storytimes. I imagine we're going to get even more come friday/saturday.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHH

Wanda seems like she was always George PĂ©rez's favorite Avenger to draw. Wish they could get him for an issue of her book.

>Unholy Trinity
I know Marville is one, what are the other two?

The Unfunnies and Trouble. I did Trouble and Marville earlier today but don't have The Unfunnies on hand. I imagine someone else will do it at some point this weekend.

>I imagine we're going to get even more come friday/saturday.
I fear that Sunday evening will bring the WORST of it all.

And that's the contrived method by which Carol had been written out of comics in the form of a big 200th issue anniversary spectacular meant to celebrate the Avengers instead presenting the rape of a superhero while the Avengers are complicit and encouraging of her rapist turning her into his sex slave for the rest of eternity after having forced her into giving birth to him.

Yep.

>Life is speacial no matter what form
Too bad your son's dead Vison

While it's against the spirit of the weekend, I'll also be storytiming Avengers Annual #10, which was Claremont's responce to this issue (since he was the writer on Carol's ongoing until it was cancelled by, you guessed it, Jim Shooter.)

Also, I love this cover.

Wanda and Vision both really should have stuck to this "we don't need kids" policy.

The name "Maddy Pryor" led many fans to ask Claremont if there's a connection with the X-Men character. But no, he just liked the name.

Cap with the sick bantz

Has any man ever loved thought balloons and captions more than Claremont?

But you can see why he was the big comic writer of the time. Even though it's mostly about tying up loose ends (bashing Avengers #200 and introducing Rogue, who he was originally going to have in Carol's book) it's got a lot of story, a lot of action and gives most of the Avengers a chance to do their stuff before they're called out for being jerks.

Kitty has gone full anime.

And that's it folks. I'll be back tomorrow with some true pieces of garbage.

Returning classics like US War Machine 2.0 and Ghost Riders get accompanied by such storied tales as Amazing Spider-man: Sins Past and the Adventures of Billy Ray Cyrus.

thanks, storytime bro. I like it when you hurt me.

Why doesn't anybody remember Carol and Wanda are friends. Bendis was the last person to mention this. BENDIS remember something other writers don't. That's fucking sad.

Last year was glorious
it was like hell week

there's a response?!

oh hey i was thinking about doing this lol

right! maybe mcu if we're super lucky?

Shooter has known issues with women.

Thank you so much - this is my favorite part of Sup Forums

bump

I remember
crazy goes with crazy so it makes sense

They just met and she's already got Carol between her legs.

Anyone know where I can download an indie conservative propaganda comic called "Liberality for All". I want to storytime it, it's one of the dumbest comics I've ever seen.

bump

Jeez I thought SOP started today and I check in this morning to over 12 of them.

It's only 9am and I've already got tons of catching up to do.