I just watched Star Trek Beyond and am digging it, I have a hulu account which has a bunch of star trek...

I just watched Star Trek Beyond and am digging it, I have a hulu account which has a bunch of star trek. How do I go about watching this? What do I watch first?

Other urls found in this thread:

vidthekid.info/misc/trek.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Enterprise is a prequel so you should start there.

Yea do it in order of chronological time . Fuck what anyone else writes . Just do it

giv tennis gf

What's chronological order?

Prequel to ?

>swn strangle you with her thighs
;_;

Enterprise first , the captain is the guy from quantum leap. Then the original Star Trek with kirk. Then the next generation with Picard . Then deep space nine with the black actor lead. Then voyager with the female captain.

You can watch the movies if you want in between but you do that research

Just watch TNG season 2.5 onwards

Ending the Star Trek series with Voyager would be pretty disappointing.

I recommend this order but wrap it all up with the classic film Star Trek Nemesis.

watch BSG instead

Battle Star Gallactica looks gay, Star Trek is a lot cooler

Here you go.

The downward spiral and terrible ending ruined everything.

The only scifi franchises I've seen that are actually worthwhile:
Star Trek
Babylon 5
Blake's 7
Farscape
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Oh, and Stargate, I suppose. If you must.

>nemesis
>classic

not sure if trolling or just shittiest taste

hey, BSG is freaking sweet. And yeah, Star Trek is cooler, just helping you out by saving you a life time of obsession once you get hooked.

>no Babylon 5 mentions

Fucking plebs, plebs everywhere.

Look again, you dumb stupid Drazi.

IGNORE ALL THESE IDIOTS.

Start with The Next Generation season 2.

>dat ass
where is it?

I hate these kind of pictures. It's the same fucking pic, but they couldn't decide which one to take. So they used both.
fucking lazy

based

she uses it to better effect in most other pics

Do you have to watch Star Trek TOS to get what's going on? Can I just watch Enterprise and skip that shit and go to The Next Generation. My dad watches TOS and it's just too fucking cornball for me to get into, would I be missing any important backstory?

Also, whenever I see a Star Trek thread in passing they're always talking about different sectors in space and wars and shit. Is that discussed in the show so you can follow along, or do you have to go full nerd and buy the books that explain it? Basically I would like to get into Star Trek because I'm curious about the story, but I don't want to go full nerd about it.

her right leg looks like it has abs and tits.

yeah it's such a specific look. so strange that some girls decided to try and get the biggest quads possible but it's lovely

Go watch TOS with your father. Spend some quality time together before he dies.

And don't watch Enterprise first, that was a troll.
>Also, whenever I see a Star Trek thread in passing they're always talking about different sectors in space and wars and shit.
The galaxy is divided up into four quadrants: Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta. The majority of the franchise takes place in the Alpha quadrant. That's it. That's all you need to know. Less than 1/4th of the galaxy has been explored, and it's kind of a Big Deal when they involve other quadrants. You don't need to know anything more specific than that. And everything else will be explained in the sow itself.

If you like this sort of muscle on a woman, I have some very sad news for you.

You suffer from a very common mental disorder, called "homosexuality" unfortunately the only cure seems to be an insane asylum or death by gas chamber.

Don't listen to anyone else. Here's what you do:

You watch TOS. Watch all of it. Season 3 gets choppy in quality so if you start losing interest you can bail. Watch the first, second, third and fourth Star Trek TOS movies.

Watch TNG from the beginning. The pilot is very important. You can skip to season 2 if you feel like it because that's when shit starts getting good. Watch it all the way through. Don't bother with any of the TNG movies, they're garbage.

Don't bother with DS9 or VOY or ENT. They get all edge-lordy with the characters. Making them kill people on purpose and other such nonsense that is against the purpose of star-fleet.

>watch TOS
I'll try, but I already know I'm going to bail after a few episodes. I've watched a few with my dad and they're just too campy. Are there any story arcs in them, because that would keep my interest, or is it adventure of the week?

these bodies were designed for black men and black men only

No arcs, completely episodic.

If you want serialization then DS9 is the one that has the most, but you have to watch TOS and TNG first in order to appreciate it.

It is permissible to watch TNG first, then go back to TOS after you have learned to appreciate the franchise, and then move on to DS9 for those sweet sweet story arcs and character evolutions.

This. Watch the best to get into the series. If you start with Enterprise or anything else, you'll quit in a week.

Star Trek can take a shit ton of patience to get through sometimes. Next Generation and season 4 onward of DS9 are the only ones that don't have a painful amount of boring, irrelevant filler imo.

TOS doesn't really have "story arcs". There are a few two-parter episodes which are pretty good but only a couple. The show lives or dies on how much you get invested in the central characters of Kirk, Spock and Bones, and everyone else to a lesser extent. Some episodes are way better than others.

TNG has better story arcs with Worf and the Klingons and Data's quest to be more human and Deanna getting as many different kinds of mind-raped and sleeping with as many strange aliens as she can and Picard struggling to become more open with his feelings as well as deal with the Borg.

It's up to you man but I love TOS. Some of those episodes are masterpieces that invented tropes still seen repeated in Sci-fi today.

that's a pretty miserable ass,
chick needs to start to do some squats

I'm more into the story arc aspect of it. Someone suggested Babylon 5 to me and I watched the entire fucking thing of that even though it was pretty bad at times.

I know a lot of the Star Trek lore. I know about a bunch of the different races, I know all the characters on TOS. I intend to start with The Next Generation, but I'm just worried that a huge chunk will be lost on me, or they'll keep calling back to shit that happened.

I fucking hate millenials. Wozniacki has plenty of ass and also there is nothing wrong with a nice white booty that isn't Xbox huge. Her was is amazing and I'd love to be pounding that.

>white girl """"""ass""""""

>plenty of ass
>nice white booty

Is it just me or did Kira's voice in DS9 become way cuter suddenly around the end of season 3?

I have a hunch the director told her to tone down the dyke act a little and I'm not complaining.

>I'm just worried that a huge chunk will be lost on me, or they'll keep calling back to shit that happened.
TNG has very few callbacks to TOS. DS9 has a few more callbacks to TOS (e.g. the mirror universe returns, the Tribbles return, 3 Klingons from TOS return), but even then it's just a handful. You don't have to worry about callbacks.

DS9 is similar to Babylon 5. It starts episodic but becomes more serialized over time.

If you want a science fiction series that's one serialized story arc from beginning to end, try LoGH.

that's around the time her and guy playing Bashir started fucking regularly maybe that's what happened

>starting with Enterprise

No substitute for TOS, user

Someone already let me know that was a meme, how was I supposed to know otherwise?

Op, just watch The Next Generation. It is easily the best of all star wars.

Just watch Stargate. You have to have literal autism to be able to sit through more than 3 episodes of Star Trek without blowing your brains out.

t. Shatner

Battle Star Gallatica sounds gay, Stargate I've never heard of but it sounds pretty gay too

I'm not loser enough for your stupid gay sci-fi shows tbqh, Star Trek is nothing like those retarded prancy shows, based on the movies it's cool whereas whatever you're suggesting just has loser need written all over it

What's wrong? Never gotten laid?

Is there a reason you're shitposting this hard? The board is already in a shitty state, you don't have to make it any worse with awful bait.

>Chronological Order (kinda)

Enterprise / Star Trek: Enterprise
Star Trek
Star Trek: The Animated Series
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Nemesis
Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Star Trek: Beyond

Now, if you want to order the franchise in terms of QUALITY you could spend an entire lifetime arguing.

When do you watch TNG movies? After the entire series?

Whenever you fucking want buddy.
But they take place chronologically after the TNG series, so it would be silly to watch them before.

That's what I meant. I didn't know if it was like how some shows do it and a movie takes place in between seasons.

TNG movie 1 takes place during season 3 of DS9. You don't need to watch any DS9 for it.
TNG movie 2 takes place during season 5 of DS9. You should watch 4 seasons of DS9 first.
TNG movie 3 takes place after season 6 of DS9. You don't need to watch any DS9 for it.
TNG movie 4 takes place after season 7 of Voyager. You don't need to watch any Voyager for it.

vidthekid.info/misc/trek.html

Release order is best orde

That said, can I skip S1 of TNG?

So I just started watching TNG with only a rudimentary knowledge of TOS. What I know of Captain Kirk is he doesn't hesitate to punch alien fags in the face. Picard seems to be, "hold on guys, let's find a peaceful solution" after they fired upon the ship or something.

I guess I'm to expect there won't be any maverick type behavior that one would generally associate with Kirk?

Kirk is a drunk irishman who can be intelligent and diplomatic when needed

Picard is a diplomat who can punch an alien in the dick and shag his alien wife when the situation required

TNG is more of an ensemble piece, and season 1 is both boring and by far the worst one. Power through it and it gets a lot better and livelier from there, mostly because old man Roddenberry's influence diminished, and then he died.

Never. They're awful.

TOS is for people expecting tension and action. TNG is for thinkers (autists).

>there are people who don't like ENT

>needs advice on how to watch a tv show

Are people like this able to feed themselves and wipe their own asses?

>there are no people who like ENT

Well I hope Picard lets loose a little. When those African aliens kidnapped the security officer and Picard called red alert and informed them it was an act of war I was like "fuck yeah, nuke those bastards from orbit". But Troi pretty much shuts that all down by telling him that they should understand their customs. She's a bad influence.

Fuck you for reminding me that that episode exists

Seriously, just skim the first series, it's mostly crap. Picard becomes a lot less wooden over time

Patricia ™

That's gross though

I can kinda tell when it's one I can skip. I skipped the one where everyone got space drunk or whatever. I'm now watching the one where they are meeting the Ferengi for the first time, but it's pretty much the "even though you fired on us let's get to know each other". This is the third time I've heard "act of war" tossed out by Picard and everyone agrees that they should fire back, but Troi says they should talk and 'understand'.

Oh well, it's not as bad as the first season of Babylon 5 though, I still kinda like it.

Yeah, Roddenberry was a whiny pacifist dullard in his final years and the show suffers for it

>I skipped the one where everyone got space drunk or whatever.
You fool.

Tasha was foine

They're stereoscopic if you cross your eyes

Watch Star Trek Next Gen / Stargate SG-1 side by side at first.

Start DS9 in season 6 of TNG.

You can watch a top episode guide of the original Star Trek show at any point, you could watch it all eventually.

Stargate has some spin off shows too.

You must be pretty thirsty my man or maybe you just have low standards. There's plenty of chicks with "a nice white booty." She is not one of them. As a dedicated ass connoisseur, it's my professional opinion that this woefully under developed derriere ain't worth defending.
>see pic related for superior ass

>Watch Star Trek Next Gen / Stargate SG-1 side by side at first.

That means you'd watch Code of Honor and Emancipation back to back.

I can't imagine a worse hell

Both TNG/SG-1 early seasons are pretty bad, go through them first to get it over with.

>m-muh Crusher

fuck off, Polaski was great

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Merry Christmas in July

You forgot The Animated Series after TOS.

These women look like Rob Liefeld drawings, they're disproportionate as fuck.

Watch the original movies and then TNG. It's probably the best way to ease into all of it.
TOS is GOAT but hard to blindly recommend it.

Right? He missed sexy Superman hair Tasha seducing Data.

>watching datalore
>picard actually says Shut Up Wesley

kek

It was a different time.

The meme did come from somewhere.

>dedicated ass connoisseur
you mean a buttman?

>gotta have them minorities
>gotta have them women on the bridge
>gotta have that crippled one
>gotta have the token alien

It's all bullshit

Obviously I'm talking about TNG

A true ass connosiuer would have an appreciation for all types of asses and would see how there are different types of flat booties of which some are horrible and some are very nice. Wozniacki is an example of a nice white girl ass. You're not ass connosiuer because for you it's all about Xbox huge = NICE ASS. You're a pleb.

>thinks only white people should be in space as well

Start at the beginnging, then watch all of it except for the voyager, ds9 and enterprise episodes that suck.