New 52 universe timeline

New 52 universe timeline

Okay, let's try to do this. I tried to make sense of the Post-Flashpoint timeline as it stands right now. Keep in mind that many things in the Batman continuity and pretty much most of the important things in Green Lantern history are still canon.

7 years ago
>Superman appears
>Bruce Wayne becomes Batman
>Wonder Woman leaves Themiscyra
>Barry Allen becomes the Flash
>Hal Jordan is chosen to become a Green Lantern
>Arthur Curry discovers his Atlantean heritage and at some point becomes the King of Atlantis
>Oliver Queen returns to civilization and becomes Green Arrow

6 years ago
>Darkseid invades the Earth. Victor Stone becomes Cyborg. The Justice League is formed.
>Dick Grayson becomes Robin
>Wally West becomes Kid Flash
>The original Teen Titans are formed

5 years ago
>Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl
>Guy Gardner is chosen to become a Green Lantern
>The Teen Titans fight against Mr. Twister and disband

4 years ago
>John Stewart becomes a Green Lantern
>Dick Grayson becomes Nightwing. At some point he starts having adventures with Starfire and Roy Harper
>Moore's run on Swamp Thing happens. Remember that those events are still canon in Snyder's run
>Morrison's Animal Man happens. Buddy Baker recalls having met his author in Lemire's run as a dream he had
>Jason Todd becomes Robin
>Barbara Gordon is shot by the Joker, becomes Oracle and fights alongside Black Canary as the Birds of Prey
>Jason Todd is killed by the Joker

3 years ago
>Tim Drake becomes Robin/Red Robin
>Bane breaks Batman backs, Bruce gets better. Since Jean Paul Valley didn't appear at this point, the specifics of this version of the story were not revealed yet
>Hal Jordan becomes Parallax, possibly dies during the Final Night
>Kyle Rayner becomes a Green Lantern

2 years ago
>Jason Todd returns and becomes Red Hood
>Hal Jordan returns
>Sinestro Corps War
>Blackest Night (it must have happened a lot
>Bruce Wayne dissapears under unspecified circumstances
>Dick Grayson becomes Batman and fights alongside Damian who becomes Robin
>Bruce returns and forms Batman Inc.
>Dick Grayson returns to the Nightwing mantle

1 year ago
>Flashpoint
>The beginning of The New 52
>The Court of Owls
>Supergirl arrives
>The Tim Drake led Teen Titans are formed
>Azzarello's Wonder Woman run
>Throne of Atlantis
>Justice League United
>Forever Evil
>Grayson
>Batman Eternal
>Doomed
>Truth
>Jim Gordon becomes Batman for a while until Bruce returns
>Batman & Robin Eternal
>Darkseid War

Today
>Rebirth
>Wally returns to the DCU and becomes The Flash
>The original Teen Titans reform

*Blackest Night must have happened a lot differenly in this continuity

Shameless self bump

Also Superman gets replaced by himself.

>7 years ago
I always assumed Morrison's Clark was active 4 years prior to the Darkseid invasion/formation of the JL. Do you mean appears as the Brainiac invasion (first Action arc) and he's wearing the shield tee?

When they did that Zero year thing, they showed Barry in Gotham pre-becoming The Flash, but they showed Clark using his powers with the boat, just sans shield. I didn't waste time reading the entire Zero Hour thing so have no idea what they showed Hal or anyone else doing during that time frame.

>6 years ago

If you're going to mention Victor here, and Dick/New 52 Wally here, then shouldn't Billy becoming Captain Marvel go here as well as that happened on or about the same as the initial Darkseid invasion?

I had it bookmarked, but there was a group that spent way too much time trying to make sense of the time lines up until about 2013, I think. They had flow charts and graphs and everything. You can still find the links on line.

John's GL run happened in two weeks, looks like.

Wait im confused are you saying that the entirety of the new 52 storys happened in a single year.

Billy becoming Captain Marvel happened 5 years after the Darkseid invasion. Captain Marvel wasn't around that time.

One year is more than enough for the entire run to happen.

These previous events all happened in a vague, undefined way. The entire GL history couldn't have possibly happened the same way for a variety of reasons. There was no Cyborg Superman, no Mongul at the time and thus no destruction of Coast City for Hal to become Parallax. Blackest Night couldn't have happened at all since no one died and returned in the New 52 timeline yet, which is the ENTIRE basis for the concept of Blackest Night, that death's door was left open by Nekron.

This DC is very young and most of the characters don't even know each other. It's a completely different timeline from the one we have seen previously, it's like there are 5 years worth of stories we haven't seen.

Oh well i guess its not that important the list appears to be more about the timeskip and the few years before it.

Comic book time bro, not real time. Remember it takes 6 months to publish a storyarc, but that arc could even happen in a week or even in a single day.

You're right - I got confused about War. But I think it was more like 4 years, I just read the v2 trade where his back-ups appear and it says 4 years after the war.

In any event, if YOU'RE OP, he still should be there somewhere and he's not.

>One year
DC themselves have stated that it's happening in real time. The shit storm that was Trinity War/Forever Evil was multiple months and Grayson was an Agent for multiple months.

In the Rebirth interviews, Johns and the other execs have talked about the New 52 being a five year time frame when they answer the 'what happened' 'did it happen' 'when did it happen' type questions.

So that part of your analysis is faulty.

Anyone has that picture with Batman's timeline?

Yeah but i still think 1 year is a bit of a stretch. Especially with justice league.

Marvel had a scale a few years back, it was something like 7 real world years = 1 comic book year. Sounds about right.

Its worth noting that if i recall correctly the entirety of sword and sorcery happened over a few days (although that only crosed over with anything once)

>DC themselves have stated that it's happening in real time.

Holy fucking shit, you really believe this? No way. That's not the way this shit worked EVER.

If that were the case, Barbara and Dick should be almost 30 already, Tim should be 22, and Damian should be like 17. And Superman and Batman would age way faster than they want to, and they would have to reboot everything again in 5 years when they hit 40.

Barry mentioned in Flash #1 that there was a period of time Wally operated as Flash without Barry so speedster timeline is more murky than what you wrote here.

When? He was the one who recently say to Wally that he should wear the Flash uniform.

Few things that are obvious on the first glance. New 52 goes pretty much in the real time, why the hell did you compress into one year? And Barbara was shot after Jason's death. There are probably much more problems, but I'm at work and can't check it now.

The new 52 justice league run cant possibly have been less then 3 years a lot of books tied into that so they would have had to play catch up a bit.

The other books probably were a lot slower though

Supes was active since just before Zero Year.
And the site you mention is orobably Canonology, and it's down. It also had many errors.
Nearly six even, considering that invasion happened in February and Billy became Shazam in December.

Hal was Parallax, and Blackest Night and Brightest Day or rather variations of them happened and were referenced multiple times in different comics (Batwoman, Hawk & Dove, Swamp Thing)

Trinity War and Forever Evi together lasted les than a month.

It works. The only character with fucked up aging is Damian.

Here you go, issue one.

We know circumstances of Bruce's disappearance. Darkdeid zapped him during JL accidental boom tubbing to Apokolips.

He's remembering the pre-Flashpoint/pre-nu52 timeline. when he and Wally met he regained all of his lost memories that Dr. Manhattan stole

If I'm not mistaken it means the Titans and Flash remember their New Earth interactions with Wally, rather than their entire New Earth history, right?

If that was the case, he would also remember his engagement to Iris too.
Like I said, speedster timeline is a huge mess now.

Nope. All Titans flashbacks are New 52.

>DC
>making sense