Heathcliff plays guitar for a humpback whale

Heathcliff plays guitar for a humpback whale

That's something you don't see every day.

haha!

This is even less of a joke than usual.

Incredible.

Um.

I wonder if this works for all of them.

ACOUSTICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

its cause humpback whales use music to communicate and what if a cat played music with it like a band would

Or maybe Gallagher just wanted to draw a whale. I've seen that happening to cartoonists.

is heathcliff ironic?

>mfw it works

I admit to chuckling some

I don't get it: The funny pages.

It's an interesting question; our enjoyment of it certainly is. One could argue that, by the lit-crit principle of the death of the author, it doesn't really matter whether it's conceived as such; that we interpret it in such a fashion is enough.

My only hope is that, if Heathcliff truly is ironic, Gallagher refrains from any overt acknowledgement of the irony. The true brilliance of Heathcliff is in its strange, outsider-art-from-the-inside perspective on the world. A Vice interview about "how I'm basically getting to troll the entire world with a comic strip about a cat" would wreck that glorious state.

>we
Speak for yourself, I find unironic enjoyment in Heathcliff.

Irony isn't really the right word for it; it's more Dada (at least for me) than anything, and Dada isn't Ironic.

Came here to post this and remind everyone the original version was "Singin in the Rain" and Louie Louie was the international version.
Also cow tools was great

Correct, the Dada is the reason in an irrational world and Heathcliff is the reason in an irrational world of newspaper comics

This 1 was actually funny.

I think it's the other way around.

It's a surrealistic don't give a shit comic.

I love it.

i feel like the occasional inclusion of actual jokes makes it even harder to assess whether their absence from the rest of the heathcliff comics is intentional or a fluke. when the jokes are there, theyre so weak they create an image of an author who really is bad enough that they could write the rest of heathcliff unironically. but then you go back to the comics without jokes and its impossible to accept.

Ok, i laughed.

It's profoundly confusing. Even moreso that you have a cadre of humorologists here on Sup Forums documenting, cataloging, and analyzing them in near daily threads. Like, this is the first whale-themed Heathcliff thread I've seen, and I thought I knew all the Heathcliff themes.

This is how sane men go mad.

The only woman for Marmaduke.

This is a penis Joke, right?

is this a edit?