Looks like Team Carol has finally gone full-on Minority Report on us...

Looks like Team Carol has finally gone full-on Minority Report on us. First time we see someone who genuinely hadn't done anything at all yet get arrested (and for extra fascist points, the Kamala Khan Korps taze him for no reason and refuse to let him call a lawyer).

>A fire will break out. There will be casualties
Couldn't you stop the fire or casualties and then still arrest him for the actual crime and not intention?
>Middle-class teenage white male, publicly expresses anger over rejection by a former girlfriend
Good night San Diego!

Kamala is evil now? Huh.

>spider-man
>waits until the guy is about to attack then stops him

>ms. marvel
>attacks a guy who hasn't done anything yet or isn't close to doing anything

>Actually used hes a gud boy, din do nuffin defense.

Replace white with black and this reads like something off Sup Forums

I don't understand why a guy seeing the future = racial profiling in CWII.

YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

To be fair, Kamala clearly doesn't like any of this, it's the Carol Youth Brigade that's arresting him and ignoring due process in the most petty and mustache twirling way possible.

Man when was the last time a villain tied someone to a railroad track?
I miss the good old days.

Is this a preview? When does it come out or has it been story timed already?

Last month. When a Canadian Ninja stole a tank and drove it all around Jersey City.
Most stories are still hero vs villain.

Preview, comes out next week

okay so, they're already using that inhuman kid's powers to predict crimes that haven't happened yet?

So Civil War II is already over?

I don't know/care about comics, can someone tell me what the fuck is wrong with that brown chick's hands?

Are white males more likely to go full Columbine or is that just BS?

>Preview, comes out next week
So OP forgot to mention that word.

If you want your event to be DEEP and RESONANT you gotta make it RELEVANT and TOPICAL, logic doesn't figure into it

Is this really your first time seeing superpowers? You don't even need to read comics to recognize someone in a costume with weird attributes probably has a superpower.

Who was it that said that Ms Marvel's first bad comics would come not from actual Ms Marvel comics but from whatever event they ended up dragging her into?

Oh wait, was it EVERYONE?

No, they started doing it from like issue #1 of CW2

That cover makes me smile so hard.

Maybe Kamala will choose a new name now?

no. fuck off.

It didn't even began.

Trying to mesh current politics with fictional stupidity, of course it's going to sound even dumber.
Really though prophecies and time travel-like shenanigans are generally a bad idea in storytelling because every stupid illogical decision is essentially a major plothole.

Well statistically speaking almost every school shooter and most mass shooters in general in the US have been middle-class white males.

But this is the first time they actually arrested someone that hadn't done anything yet. Before this, they only stopped threats, arrested wanted criminals or caught people in the act and then arrested them.

ehhh, I'm pretty sure Kamala's reaction shows that it's not being portrayed as right

But this isn't "adults are too hard on us poor millenials", user.

It's true, but keep in mind whites are also the majority, so they make up the majority of basically all statistics about America. And gun violence among, say, inner city blacks is more prevalent (that's not me being racist, that's me saying there are too many fucking guns for too cheap among people who have everything to gain from violent crime).

>Kamala is gonna get redpilled

feels good man

The absolute irony of it is it's from the direct source of her ""inspiration"" Carol Danvers. Who in and out universe has been made so much a fuss of for doing...something.

If Kamala had her own identity instead of naming herself after the previous title of the worst Captain Marvel she might have been spared this nonsense. Before anyone starts her first arc about wanting to be a hot white superheroine could have been retooled to use anyone as her inspiration, it's not like Kamala's powers are linked to Carol's.

So when's Marvel going to show a Muslim getting stopped from bombing people?

>"A miggle aged Muslim male. You fit the description of the suicide bombing"

DON'T QUESTION IT
Clearly a man using his powers to see the likely futures and stopping threats is just like stop and frisk. Even when the criminal actually did commit the crime he was predicted to commit because you didn't actually pre-emptively stop him.

It's not going to be a bad comic if it's by the actual writer but the plots going to be retarded.

>it's not like Kamala's powers are linked to Carol's

which is why her using the Ms Marvel name is all the dumber.

If he's the leader of a smuggling ring, isn't he already a criminal?

To be fair, the marvel universe splits into so many alternate points there's a fifty fifty chance he wasn't going to do it. Instead his alternate version comes from a different timeline and starts wrecking shit because of this fucked up law.

You mean a Muslim doesn't want to be profiled? Wow, shocking.

I think that would fall under conspiracy to commit a crime and such, not sure what sentencing is on such things.

That's the problem with this. If you can use the detection to stop someone in the planning stages of the crime, and there's evidence, or if they've already committed other crimes and it just lets you find them... where's the conflict?

Exactly, that's the worst part. Dude already had a criminal record, and then he stole a tank and drove it all around New Jersey.
The sister-in-law doesn't know what she's talking about. The prosecutor doesn't care what Hijinx intended to do with the tank, because he already has enough dirt to charge him with several decades.

Problem is, HE DID DO IT. He did steal the tank and he did drive it and endanger people.

That's why this issue is different. There's a conflict because they're arresting Kamala's friend with no evidence based on something they were told he might do.
The logical thing would have been to follow him around until they find something to charge him with (like Spider-Man did, or like real police would do if given intel), but then we wouldn't have this dumb story.

Do you think all the other writers are desperately wondering how to write tie-ins to Bendis's shit where the conflict doesn't make sense and the lines still haven't been drawn halfway through?

Nah, it would fall under actual crime since he actually stole he fucking tank. He'd be charged with robbery, driving a tank without a license and wreckless endangerment. Plus, whatever crimes he did as the leader of a Canadian Ninja smuggling syndicate.

You know this really could have been it for Marvel. Kamala could have been the modern Spider-Man.
This kid with a unique background from other superheroes who is just who she is and that in time becomes legend others want to follow.
A good representative of the individual character potential the NuHuman concept could usher in instead of just being the stencil brand Inhu-Mens under Medusa.

It feels like they're intentionally screwing up and I just don't understand, I can't. Even if this turns out to all be a contrived character developing arc where she forms her own identity independent of Carol after I still have to question why drag her through the mud in the first place. What is being achieved?

Well that too I suppose, but for the purposes of discussing pre-crime, that's generally under conspiracy if you can prove planning and such I think.

So, what was he actually planning on doing? Was he gonna create a power surge as part of a science experiment to prove how smart he is? Was he gonna write "Zoe I love you" with lights?

I wonder...

Most likely something like that. Or, more generally, something that wasn't supposed to cause harm.

Worst part is, they could have dealt with him in a non-violent way. They went all fascist police for no reason whatsoever so much I suspect it might be the work of Dr. Faustus, exaggerating their reactions-

Does she like white dick? She looks like she'd like white dick.

So far she's refusing all dick, but she's got love interests, requited and otherwise, of many hues.

Also: what's the deal with "profiling", exactly?
Arresting people basing on statistics instead of actual crimes committed?

Endgame is being pigroasted by Sam and Robbie

They're not even statistics. They're based on the visions of a precog.
Here's Tony trying to explain it (badly imo).

Basically. Doesn't have to be statistics though, could just be prejudices.

"Pull that guy over, he's Irish and they're always drunk!!"
"You're under arrest for drunk driving, Paddy."

But Ulysses' visions don't have prejudices. He'll have visions of things he knows nothing about. Or does he have a prejudice against Celestial Destructors, something nobody knew even existed?

I'm not talking about the comic. Mostly because I don't understand what the fuck is going on in the stupid comic.

How many tumblrettes do you think are on Carols side because its fucking Carol and she's a stronk women?

It's sort of sjw's trying to shoehorn in a thing into a fictional debate.

Tony's reaction is still exaggerated.

As long as people aren't arrested for something they havn't done yet(like, dunno, what's happening in these preview pages) there is no problem with HOW Ulysses predicted the events- unless Ulysses actively keeps some events secret.

And even if he DOES have prejudices... as long as his visions are true(and he cannot control what he sees) who cares if he, say, see only negro crimes? As long as they are, in fact, crimes, they have to be stopped regardless...

Doesn't Marvel have more people that can predict the future? Why the hell is this one so special?

The modern Spider-man is Nova.

You wish. Being a character with writing of Spider-Man's caliber is also part of the equation, and Nova ain't that.

Yeah, everybody loves Kamala, while everyone shits on Sam.
Tony Stark hasn't bothered trying to take him on as protegé like he's trying with Miles and Kamala.

>They're based on the visions of a precog.
Tony eschews accuracy to appeal to Sam's politically sensitive thinking, but his analysis still indicates the visions aren't precognitive. They're probability.

They seem like precognition in the way someone with an high enough awareness of every variable in a room could potentially predict a coin flip every time, but he can't actually see the future of the coin flip just the odds. There are similarities but to say or think there is no difference is dubious.

Because Bendis

Inhuman wankery

Yeah. Like, if you give me 80% odds I'll win a hand of poker, I'll probably take the bet. But to say it's a sure thing would be untrue.

Because honey, Bendis don't give a fuck.

>Carol continues to be terrible and her existence drags Marvel down across the board
Nope. I don't see anything out of the ordinary here.

As an inhuman it's unclear how his power collects its information, Tony acknowledged in the second issue that his personal knowledge of things isn't really the issue it's whether his personal investment affects when his powers will activate.
Writers have been handling it differently though so it's getting less clear the more we see of it ironically enough, but as for Bendis' current official approach the idea is Ulysses' visions initially activated only when information on whatever he became inexplicably aware of threatened him or his life by proxy of a catastrophic or apocalyptic event of some sort. The stuff with Spider-Man and Kamala here doesn't line up with that, but like I said that's other writers going with what I guess they assume is the direction they should be heading. Chances are like many events a lot of things are going to contradict themselves at the end of all this but the final word is going to be laid out.

For example during Secret Invasion it's not clear how the Skrulls could hide or how well given the differing suspicions, but in the end Bendis just claims they did it through Reed's work and he made up a device to undo it. So that was that, anyone revealed to be a Skrull was simply one even if it didn't add up how, when, why. I'm not saying to condone it, I'm saying don't set yourself too firmly on what you'd like to believe and just brace for where this is headed. You'll save yourself a futile headache.

Fuck off.

That would be nice. She's popular enough on her own to stop being a legacy character now.

Bendis.

Nah, she should keep the name. Carol can fuck off and be Civil Warbird or something.

It sounds like they really need a director to oversee all the writers and make sure everything is at least consistent.

So not even Spider-man is the modern Spider-man.

Nah

Superior Ms Marvel.

Yeah, like an editor in chief or something.

Now you're catching on.

>the issue it's whether his personal investment affects when his powers will activate.
as long as his predictions are correct, who cares?
Hell, if anything it makes him a source people can't rely on completely, which is good

the biggest issue is he only sees whichever future is most probable at the time of the vision, and he has no way to measure HOW accurate it is. If there's one hundred possible futures, all more or less equally probable, except one has a 1.1% chance of happening while another only has a 0.9% chance, and all the rest have a flat 1% chance, his powers will zero in on the 1.1% outcome and everyone is treating that as '100% unless we intervene'

God she's like mr.fantasitc not the right time to stretch yourself out bitch

There's also no way to measure if events are only happening the way they are due to the actions taken acting on the knowledge of the event.

"The Hulk is going to go on a rampage and kill people."
"After we attacked the Hulk, he escaped and went on a rampage!"

This is allegorical to that.

Now that I think about it, wasn't this sort of extra-legal Gestapo shit the exact thing that Kamala was made was asked by Carol to prevent?

Also, why are they in such a hurry if they seem to have at least 12 hours to prevent this "planned power surge".

I guess it is just traditional in CWII to heap shit on what would otherwise be a reasonable side to an argument.

Sam is more like Peter than Miles/Kamala are in personality
he just doesn't have any brains whatsoever and everyone hated him from the beginning anyway
He's constantly being ignored, being hurt or insulted
he's about to give up being a superhero entirely
Sam is suffering incarnate

GIRL AT LEAST SHRINK BACK TO NORMAL IF YOU'RE GOING TO SIT ON THEIR STAIRS

>end of CWII Ulysses powers get nullified
>a few months later New York gets half obliterated due to "new comic drama"

Carol is in the right, they just need to use the power more tactfully like how intelligence agencies use intel on possible terror threats.

>Kamala could have been the modern Spider-Man.
She is, and that entails getting dragged into stupid company-wide storylines every 8 to 10 issues.

So is Ulysses full autismo and just predicts shit now, or does he still have a personality?

Because that's pretty much giving a guy the power of the entire nation and superhero community who can say "Oh yeah, had a vision that the President was going to launch nukes...go kill him."

Actually, there is. Ulysses' visions never take his own visions into account. Therefore, there can be no self-fulfilling prophecies.

Yeah. There's a middle ground between fascism and ignoring all intel because MUH RHODEY.

Why would Sam even care about profiling? He grew up on an island

SO DID OBAMA BUT HEH LOOK WHERE THAT GOT US

>He grew up on an island
What the fuck are you talking about? He grew up in HARLEM.

Well, Manhattan is an island...

He was born in Harlem, he grew up on EXILE with Redwing.