Can someone explain Star Sapphire to me?

Can someone explain Star Sapphire to me?

bump

Used to just be a mind controlling rock that gave Carol powers and made her want to kill any of Hal's other love interests.
Johns made it into a prototype ring made by the female counterparts to the Guardians harnessing the Violet light of Love so that Carol can at least have a fighting chance at staying relevant.

No. Go look it up, you lazy sack of festering rat shit.

Unless you wanna go ahead and PayPal me 50 bucks, I ain't telling you a goddamned thing, cause it ain't my job to spoonfeed a bunch of stupid causals who can't be bothered to type some words into a search engine.

Kill yourself.

I know this is bait but I might as well explain it.

Go to Sup Forums

try to start up a conversation about old anime. It's not gonna go places because those fuckers are only interested in discussing new series. Japan literally shits out animation, as such Sup Forums is awash in new users and tries to be as unwelcoming as possible to keep their conversations about waifu anime as erudite as possible.

Sup Forums meanwhole doesn't get much. Sometimes someone will bring in an obscure title, with marvel's movie powerhouses we're getting a lot of capeshit posters and of course we have decent cartoon discussions.

But navigating continuity on comic books, specifically the big two's shit is difficult. We can't really afford to turn people away because anyone who actually takes a fucking interest in obscure bullshit like star sapphire is a potential Sup Forums poster who might go on to read green lantern runs or other obscure bullshit.

Nevermind older cartoons and animated movies, or weird indie shit.

This isn't Sup Forums. We spoonfeed here because it creates a wider community and encourages discussion on continuity and other Sup Forums bullshit.

>But navigating continuity on comic books, specifically the big two's shit is difficult.
Not my problem. And frankly, if you're not willing to put in a bit of effort to your prospective new hobby, don't bother. Fuck off, do something else, and spare the rest of us your insipid inquisition.

>We spoonfeed here because it creates a wider community and encourages discussion on continuity and other Sup Forums bullshit.
That's bullshit and you know it. There hasn't been a single decent conversation on this board since 2009.

(you)

>That's bullshit and you know it. There hasn't been a single decent conversation on this board since 2009.
Just raging assholes like you stinking up the place.

>explain Star Sapphire to me.
Alright so they're were some space amazons who needed a queen and the only requirement to be their queen was that you had to look exactly like the old queen. Carol Ferris looked exactly like their old queen so they have her a spce tiara which makes you go crazy with power or it brainwashes you or it channels the power of love or all of the above.

>That's bullshit and you know it.

Are you the same user who was all butthurt on a thread about the decline of Marvel, saying it was gonna turn into a Sup Forums disaster except it never did?

They are basically super stalker obsessive perverts. Like if you gave the girl who would bake her blood into cookies and rape your passed out body if given the chance super powers. Which totally makes sense since they are love powered and there's a lot more lust in the world than pure innocent love.

They're theoretically like Green Lanterns but instead of willpower they get powered via love.
The problem is that instead they have a tendency to go full yandere about everything at the drop of a hat.

Actually we (were?) are just nicer people. There wasn't really an ulterior motive between talking to others about stuff we like.

> There hasn't been a single decent conversation on this board since 2009.
Today i was looking at the catalog. 95% of the board is perfect this morning
You should leave. You think it-s a bad board and nobody wants you here.

Imagine Englehart /d/ Carol voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Google
Wikipedia

Fuck you man, if someone wants help with knowing about a new interest, it's your duty to help them. You always ask someone with more experience for help because they know what they're talking about. And who's to say OP hasn't put in some effort, you don't know him, maybe he has looked into Star Sapphire but it's all confusing, comic book continuity is confusing.

>But navigating continuity on comic books, specifically the big two's shit is difficult.

Nah, it isn't.

Anything that happened about three years ago from the current date either didn't happen or happened in another universe totally unrelated to the current one.

Everything that happens in one author's run of any particular series doesn't matter to any other author's story, even if they're published in paralell and cover the same events.

There, that's how continuity works in capeshit.

>Fuck you man, if someone wants help with knowing about a new interest, it's your duty to help them.
Said who? you? who the fuck are you? its not so hard to going on wikipedia and all things and read the fucking page.

I'll give you the cliff-notes version. She has a wonderful history.

Carol is a stuck up cunt who is in love with Green Lantern. She gets a fancy rock from alien amazons that mind controls her to go bang GL to make amazing baby soldiers.
Hal gets rid of the rock multiple times and Carol eventually falls into a more timid state.
Carol finds out that Hal is GL and they start dating.
New vigilante named The Predator that protects Ferris Air starts trying to bang Carol, Hal doesn't like this one bit.
Carol gets booted from being the boss at Ferris Air after her dad comes back because she's so shit at the job. Her and Hal start living together.
Hal quits the corps to be with Carol. Predator beats the living shit out of Hal and kidnaps her. Turns out Predator is actually the Star Sapphire manifesting all the masculine sides of Carol when she was a stuck up cunt.
They fuse and she becomes the dominatrix style Sapphire for a few years. Leaves Earth and Hal.
She comes back to kill Hal after the corps imploded but ended up killing Katma Tui instead. John now hates Hal.
Hal and Carol eventually meet up again in space and Hal helps break the rape-murder dominatrix personality and takes her home to Earth.
Carol and Hal start up an air-taxi business together and things are nice for a while. Later, she gets kidnapped by a robot version of her father and Hal saves her. After this Hal goes bonkers as Parallax and Carol isn't really seen for a while.
In EXTREME Justice during the Underworld event, she makes a deal with Neron to abort the baby of the Predator and Star Sapphire (who is still part of Carol somehow).
After this she gets married to some guy while Hal is parading around as the Spectre. Rebirth happens afterwards and she leaves her husband and goes back to being a pilot and dating Hal.
She gets the sapphire again but this time it's okay because it doesn't mind control anymore so now she gets to be sexy and there are no problems. Johns didn't really do anything else with her

who's the blonde

Arisia

and then johns run ended and she dumped hal for being a manchild, and falls for kyle and helps him become the white lantern.

White Lantern training was still Johns era.

Hal's underage girlfriend that totally isn't underaged because her race ages differently. Like Kes from ST Voyager.

That retcon never made sense to me. She would still be a child mentally even if her species stays young a while.

The original story made more sense. She aged herself up physically and mentally.

>Later, she gets kidnapped by a robot version of her father

Its someone's fetish.

Nice dub dubs, btdubs

God that was horrible

Well, blackmailed is probably a more apt word. She did get locked up in a castle by him after finishing what he wanted. Also, there were multiple daddy robots. That breathed fire.