youtube.com/watch?v=tD9NSlWYBec
youtube.com/watch?v=YQK8aqTWP2s
youtube.com/watch?v=ER1g5D2Thnc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbRi39692oE
youtube.com/watch?v=AB6BAPmivAs
youtube.com/watch?v=JKwq-wrHboU
youtube.com/watch?v=HemtuqGZBI4
youtube.com/watch?v=XSdOu8w8v-c
dailymotion.com/video/xkblof_russian-animation-rubik-s-cube-english-subtitles-1985_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=YkdhJWyzFR8
youtube.com/watch?v=_pVX32r6RFM
youtube.com/watch?v=Zvyt2fdWJAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=45GqaJ2rY_c
youtu.be/CnysHoprhsQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melnitsa_Animation_Studio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=TwcDRPBMMZY

youtube.com/watch?v=oW0jvJC2rvM

bumpo

Russian duck movie financed by the Chinese and with an English dub.

youtube.com/watch?v=YmDU430JggA

The girl's witch grandma curses her to lose the control over her limbs for being a lazy bitch. Hilarity ensues as she eats horse radish and mustard, paints dogs, robs old men and runs off into the forest.
youtube.com/watch?v=eelLd6JqtKw

Neznaika on the Moon

youtube.com/watch?v=_7tJRLcNsj4

youtube.com/watch?v=cV1M1y595_U

The superior Frozen. None will prove me wrong because it's true.

Superior Jungle Book too.

youtube.com/watch?v=TAkyKttnKaM

I had the biggest crush on the Queen as a kid. Also is this the only english dub it has? Sounds kinda weird. Reminds me of how Gumby got a re-dub and replaced all the music with weird shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=2pNEJVLgh-4

youtube.com/watch?v=sqdiEUp6s4E

>Snow Queen attempts to NTR a shota from his loli stepsister ("we're not related by blood though")
>Aryan loli gets captured by brown bandit loli on her way there, but bandit loli realizes that if you love someone, you have to let them go
>0 34

youtube.com/watch?v=L46YOtatMdo

I swear russians draw the cutest anthro animals

>no Nu,Pogodi!
well, fuck you

Treasure Island, but for the love of god don't watch horrible burger release, its filled with random sounds and horrible voice acting, while also dumping 30 minutes worth of screentime by deleting all scenes with real actors.
youtu.be/QKRG7PF73UA

youtube.com/watch?v=T5e2GfbxTcA

what the fuck

you lied to me!

Have I? How? And please don't tell me you thought a Soviet cartoon had a girl purposely flashing her panties for a boy. Although it did have a lot of panty shots didn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=FY12nf1qDFM

Hey, a talking fish!

top cutie, have to admit

But for some reason I wish it was done in stop motion

Step up your game

youtube.com/watch?v=sqdiEUp6s4E

What an obscure waifu.... I would so fuck her...

youtube.com/watch?v=qY2xU9o4o4o
youtube.com/watch?v=7xoNaRJO_uQ
Its just magical to me.

>The Overcoat will never ever be finished
Just end it all!

Luba
Catwomen of desire. I wonder if this would count as "obscure waifu" material or nightmare fuel. Oh well.

youtube.com/watch?v=g0HbRg8_xJ8

Why not both?

You have no idea how obscure. There are only 4 pieces of fan-art in existence that I know of and all of them have been requested by me. For whatever reason, Russkies can barely into fanart of the classics.

Arguably the most popular female heroine of Soviet Russian cartoons and also a star of a children's book series, Alisa Seleznyova (pic related), has a single digit of 34.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQgZ-pt0XrU

There are also a dubbed and subbed versions, but they are both of lower quality, as well as the sub being almost Engrish level and the dub takes tremendous liberties with the content.

You say.

One of my favourites

youtube.com/watch?v=fYdaHaNRMKg

ENOUF

Where's Hedgehog in the Mist and the other weirdly cutesy shit that inspired that sort of stuff in Japan?

You people are rubes.

Get some propaganda cartoons in here, too.

Some of those are good for what they are.

Although the critical one that's basically about at an automated tank that kills everyone is good too. (It's like Bolo, but created independently of that short story and Russian.)

Russian Catwomen, Russian dudes with huge noses, and nightmare like aesthetic. Whats not to like?

You had me at catwomen

It was made in 2001 by Russian animator Ivan Maximov.

There's a cartoon I remember seeing in my childhood that seems to be completely forgotten now, but it was pretty popular in the 90s. It was an adult cartoon about a short guy and it often had sexual jokes in it? The title was "(long adjective) (short characters name)" with the character's name being something like Gesha (google only gives me Kesha the parrot which is a completely different cartoon).

>so many pantyshots

I can't believe this was ever allowed to air. It really was an innocent time.

Anyone know the name of that one CGI Russian cartoon with that dog family or something much like that? I can't seem to remember the name....

is it a nightmare or delusion?

Does any Russian speaking anons know what the song lyrics translated in English are?

It's a rather average tale of a summer provincial romance.

same

Why do you guys think russian cartoons,even some today have the tendency to have such a grotesque and kinda dark/depressing feel to them,even the most cheerful and popular ones have sort of a moody look to them in.It's always the color pallet,sound or animation,sometimes all.
or maybe thats just how I feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=dYz0xck_NYQ

They need to lay off the vodka when making this shit.

I wondered what that glop was on the shelf. Guess you didn't get the jam,kiddo.

Hell,see old cartoons like Little Audrey and Little Lulu. At that time it was just considered cute.

This is pretty GOAT

Nigga you give me a purpose on life, make that number a 3 digit one

that was rather interesting, user.

what a cute film.

is this nigga serous?

Sauce on this pic fampai?

In this episode Masha is foolish enough to eat her hag grandma's magic jam. Will that girl ever learn? Watch as she barely escapes the witch's shrinking curse with her life:
youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

was that intentional or what?

The two out of technically four cartoons in the Masha series goes like that: Masha is being naughty, her grandma admonishes her while saying something silly old people used to tell kids at that time from the same bag as "masturbating makes you blind", except... the shit her grandma comes up with actually comes true. Leaving us to assume that she's a powerful witch who gives no fucks about blood ties when there's a lesson to be taught.

TL;DR: no, Masha did not know the jam would shrink her, her plan was to eat just a little bit so grandma wouldn't notice, but due to the jam being too delicious and her willpower being too weak, she ended up consuming that whole jar that's the size of her torso. We can only assume the jam was double-cursed: addiction+shrink.

My theory on WHY grandma even has something like that in her house is that she's as much of a fan of insect and small animal dick as the bondage fairies. Too bad we'll never see a crossover.

>posting Initial-D

What?

In this episode Masha is foolish enough to eat her hag grandma's magic jam. Will that girl ever learn? Watch as she barely escapes the witch's shrinking curse with her life:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kna9v3ODtX8

lol, sorry about that. My mind must have drifted off.

They make the cutest vixens.

youtube.com/watch?v=tD9NSlWYBec

Stepochkin

when I said "Was that intentional or what"
I was referring to the link being a song instead of the episode you were talking about

This has John R. Dilworth all the fuck over it, from the body language down to the size exaggeration

>gotta go the legal speed limit

We need more of her...

They made quite a few, them russians..

Anyone remember what this show was? The name involved a tower/mystery/some famous Russian family name. There was an attempt at subbing by some guy but it didn't go far IIRC. Cute loli

youtube.com/watch?v=YQK8aqTWP2s Found it.

They are so cute together

I can't believe no one posted this yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=ER1g5D2Thnc

Wow, the animation is really good. Never heard of this show for some reason even though I'm from Russia.

Drawfags... draw these two together.

Why the fuck does this have no replies, it's one of the best Russian cartoons

GOAT Soviet cartoon coming through
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbRi39692oE
>that artstyle
>that music
>those voices
>those sound effects

youtube.com/watch?v=AB6BAPmivAs

>When you realise all the "character introductions" are KGB profiles

>"A canon! They are arming a canon! Why? A! They are going to shoot!"

My favorite anime

top wew

youtube.com/watch?v=JKwq-wrHboU

youtube.com/watch?v=HemtuqGZBI4

two of my favorites thanks to the space pulp theme

I sometimes feel like learning more about the background behind the Captain Pronin shorts, but it's something that may feel less magical if try to understand it.

Actually it's a reference/parody of picrelated.

The remake wasn't too bad.

Well, that was some propaganda.

Wolf didn't even throw her in the river, he is a horrible magician!

Gosha

Barboskini

ah, thanks comrade

fun fact: credits music played on director's funeral as per his wishes

Tatarsky was a great: he did clay-mation, stop-motion but he was also great in "total animation" where each individual frame is redrawn from scratch (this is why Richard Williams' work takes literally years):

youtube.com/watch?v=XSdOu8w8v-c
dailymotion.com/video/xkblof_russian-animation-rubik-s-cube-english-subtitles-1985_shortfilms
>Arguably the most popular female heroine of Soviet Russian cartoons and also a star of a children's book series, Alisa Seleznyova (pic related), has a single digit of 34.
you both are way too late
apart from animated adaptation books about her (which are great btw) had even more popular live-action adaptation not in the least thanks to actress playing main girl

That version has loads of 34 (even in Soviet times!!!) let alone now

"animation ghetto" where only kid stuff was being made simply didn't exist in Soviet animation industry

toyetic cartoons didn't exist either

the only reason cartoon shorts (and sometimes series of shorts) were made because director wanted to do and if studio approved it. Animatiion studios (like every other production in SU) had a plan to fullfil to do X amount of shorts and they could do your regular talking animals stuff or try to aim higher and try to make more culturally important and valuable stuff. Either way -- it was up to them and nobody cared how this short will "sell" (because again -- it was SU).

Studios also had a special quota to do so called "cartoons for adults" who often touched on more mature subjects, not even neccessarilty explicit in terms of sex of violence (though that happenned too)

Things like shorts about modern relationships:
youtube.com/watch?v=YkdhJWyzFR8
youtube.com/watch?v=_pVX32r6RFM

things kiddies simply won't understand

Sometimes foreigners watch them and it's quite a contrast because they think that this shown to kids but usually these shorts were either shown very late on TV or not shown at all -- only to be seen on internation animation festivals and such.

The little mermaid, 1968.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zvyt2fdWJAQ

So, does modern 2d animation for kids/teenagers exist in modern Russia?, i know this Russian/Japan movie, "First Squad" that was made like 7 years ago, is there other animation movies/cartoons like that made or produced by Russian studios??.

youtube.com/watch?v=45GqaJ2rY_c

youtu.be/CnysHoprhsQ

Vasilisa Mikulishna, 1975 - one of my favorites.

>So, does modern 2d animation for kids/teenagers exist in modern Russia?
yes

Gogoriki/Kikoriki/Smeshariki imo is the true heir of russian/soviet talking animals cartoons -- little to no violence, no villian, somewhat aesopic but still very cute. Very popular, obvsiouly perfect for merch as plushes, they had a 3d feature done recently

Masha and a Bear -- is probably the most popular russian cartoon right now. It's 3d though.

The biggest studio in terms of traditional hand-drawn animation is Melnitsa:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melnitsa_Animation_Studio

Their most popular films are features about three bogatyrs -- russian folk tale heroes. They made like 7 of them at this point.

But outside of they also make some historical animated movies done in more realistic style. I think they latest one they did is set during Polish-Russian war in XVII

Sause?

I love how the Snow Queen herself is animated with long, slightly uncanny sweeping motions to make her imposing.