Will DC Comics Announce The Death Of Tim Drake At San Diego Comic-Con

Will DC Comics Announce The Death Of Tim Drake At San Diego Comic-Con

Bleeding Cool operatives hit the parties last night. And people were very talkative this year. Almost demob happy.
Since the new Teen Titans Rebirth series was announced with the now-thirteen-years-old Damien Wayne leading the team, it has been argued that previous leader Tim Drake would only let it happen “over his dead body.”
One very chatty current DC comics creator cornered a Bleeding Cool writer in the Hyatt bar last night told them “that’s exactly what is happening. They’re killing off another Robin. And you can print that.”
So, we have.
And all it cost us was the price of a generic brand spirit and mixer.
All we have to wonder now is if DC Comics will announce the death of Tim Drake at San Diego Comic-Con or if they’ll hold off for a bit…

So how many dead Robins is that now?

Good.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rebirth goodness didn't last too long, I see.

Wonder who.

I'd be careful in trusting any information that came from the need for booze of any book creator to be honest

Nah.
DC isn't gonna piss away their Rebirth good will like that. Maybe Batman Beyond Tim might die but past Tim won't

not tim just kills duke ...

Technically all of them

I kinda wanna be sad for the death of Tim Drake, but we never got a real good story from him since the New 52 launched. Plus, since he's essentially a Batman clone, it's not like we'll be losing a unique character.

I thought Beyond Tim will be Terry's Alfred or whatever for some reason.

Reminder that new 52 Tim isn't actually Tim Drake

All Robins are Batman clones, not just Tim.

I do not want him to die that makes me sad people :( Scott Snyde r kills him for duke.I'm so pissed..

he is Damian's brother I want that he lives...that's duke fault argggggggggggggggggg

Fake and gay

I hope they kill every Robin and have only Duke and Harper as Batman's sidekicks

Reminder that creators intentionally "leak" things to Rich in order to gauge interest and essentially bounce ideas off the audience with zero commitment to actually go through with it.

Die.

Harper Row takes his spot in Detective comics

>Timfags here on sucide watch
>CBRfags on sucide watch
Fuck yes. Rebirth can not be more based.

All of them. Tim was the last one who'd never 'died'.
Death is not even that much worse than the directionless limbo he's in now, to be honest. Especially since death only means 'time out' in comics.

I'm guessing it will most likely be the older version over in Batman Beyond who will die, probably so Terry McGinnis can be Batman Beyond again

>Death is not even that much worse than the directionless limbo he's in now, to be honest

I wonder if there are plans to give him a Grayson type revival. He desperately needs one.

I don't really believe it since I don't see why they'd bother putting him in Tec just to kill him off for good. Why would they not just shelf him like the others from that team? Cassie and Conner didn't have to get killed off to be disappeared. Either it's wrong or it's clearly a fakeout.

Of course, this is what Timfags deserve anyway

I like Tim, but he's better off dead until they find him a new niche. Plus he'll have that whole death thing in common with the other Robins now.

How can they kill off Tim Drake when he's in Detective Comics?

Given the storyline is about a group of militant Batman wannabes trying to take out the Batfam, that'd actually be a perfect place to do it.
bleedingcool.com

Hardly surprising. Tim's been somewhat superfluous ever since Damian came along and Jason came back.

Previously
>Dick is the good son who drifted away
>Jason is the bad son whose story ended in tragedy
>Tim is the fresh start

Now
>Dick is the good son who drifted away
>Jason is the bad son whose story ended in tragedy
>Damian is the fresh start
>Tim is ???

I honestly think the only reason he's lasted so long is because Lobdell earmarked him for Titans.

The trouble is that this is a bad sign - DC editorial still can't think of what to do with a difficult character besides "kill them".

>CBRfags are already in denial saying it's Beyond Tim
>mfw when current Tim
Seriously can not get any better than this.

>mfw when

Oh no! They're "killing" a major character! Truly things will never be the same!

Emma died?

Just let Kon fuck him.

New X-Men.

It's fine. He's a completely useless character and I'm sick of looking at his terrible costumes.

It's also fitting that he's the last Robin to get a death, since he's the worst Robin of all time.

would have not given a shit before Detective started, but his role on that team as been pretty solid. Though if it's positioned as being the team's incompetence that caused the death that could take the story to a pretty cool place. Either way, I love the idea of a drunken writer spilling deets to BC for the price of a well drink,

I think the Beyond theory is probably most solid. There's no value in killing main Tim off but that would make some sense.

> Nope it is Detective Drake.

Then it's a shame, Doyle editorial is finally fucking up.

Harper will take his spot in Detective Comics.

Reset the Counter

Killing off a useless character is hardly fucking up

>mfw they kill off current Tim Drake
>then bring back pre-52 Tim Drake to replace him

Leave the poor Batfam alone Snyder.

There's no point in killing him off when you could have just excluded him from the book to begin with. It's pointless melodrama.

>Harper will take his spot in Detective Comics.
Snyder.

Wouldnt work all the relationships Tim Drake had that make him interesting no longer exist.

No, Tynion. Harper is his waifu.

That's true, just wishful thinking. Nu-Drake sucks though, I don't mind if he dies.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYTHING NICE HAPPEN?

I don't think there are enough good writers free at the moment, Dick just got lucky at the timing of his "death".

[another robin dies (aka tim drake) ]

bruce:

Kill Timposter, replace him with the real Tim who should be much younger post-Flashpoint.

I think we can all agree that Gotham's social services are the real villains here, why do they keep letting him adopt?

When guy throws bag of money on your table, you'll forget to ask "why".

BEN IS SO CUTE :)

So Tim will be younger than Damian?

Honestly so should Steph and Cass. Manhattan stole 10 years from them, Tim was 17 at the end, so they should all be around 7 right now.

>"Whats that Mr Wayne? You want another attractive teenage boy... Black hair and blue eyes like the last 2. OK yeah we've got one in stock, but there is the small matter that the last one died under mysterious circ... How much?"

pre-Flashpoint Tim is 18.

You're retarded. He clearly didn't steal 10 consecutive years.

Wally, Dick, Babs, and everyone else is younger but for some reason "Tim Drake" is the same age.

Damian is also the same age.

They already covered that by having him artificially aged in a tube.

None of the teenagers had their ages decreased like that, it's clearly not meant to be uniform. Billy, Kara, and Jaime are the same age. Stargirl got made older actually.

The Rebirth one-shot explained how it worked. He stole pieces of time and other things fell into place to correct for it. It's not literally just a chunk of 10 years that he took.

What about Jason? He supposed to be younger than dick by 7 years.

Late teens to very early 20s? They probably just altered the timeline so he stayed dead a bit longer.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nah, they'll probably just make him not be red Robin(or a hero) anymore, they've been hinting that with the whole university thing in Detective comics

>Death is not even that much worse than the directionless limbo he's in now, to be honest.
He's great in Detective Comics, tho, he's with Steph and stuff

>DiDio will let bat editorial kill off his favorite Robin

He'd do it if he thinks Tim is redundant. Same mentality that made him want to kill Dick.

Didio is too much of a visionary sometimes.

If Dick in FE counts, then all of them.

Jason died and came back.
Steph was dead until they retconned it.
Damian was dead and came back.
Dick was dead for like 10 seconds until Luthor revived him.

If main timeline Tim dies and not the Batman Beyond one, then every single Robin would've been dead at some point.
And Carrie being the most well known one to not have died ever.

DiDio had been looking to kill off Dick for a while, so that's no surprise.

He wasn't wrong.
The batfamily must be purged more now than ever.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kill the bitch

>Didio is too much of a visionary sometimes.
Hearty kek.

pretty much every cool idea gets credited to him, don't hate

Highly doubtful. Tynion is one of those 90s kids that self-insert into Tim. He's wanted to write him since forever. There's no way he's going to kill him. Not for good at least. Also it wouldn't fit into the nostalgia pandering of Rebirth.

That said he hasn't been good in ages. His death wouldn't be any loss.