Is this REALLY worth watching, Sup Forums?

Is this REALLY worth watching, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iGk0AFJJ1BE&feature=player_detailpage#t=574
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah.

A stoner
A nigger
A disabled guy
A female

I cant believe how diverse this show was

No, it's awful.

Kinda it's pretty OK but the last season was great so yeah.

Nope Stoner is a Mexican.

Extreme Ghostbusters was actually pretty good. Go watch it.

>A female
Are you a male or a man? Why the hate?

Extreme Ghostbusters had more than its share of flaws, but it was enjoyable.nonetheless.

Give it a shot

YES

I'M GOING TO MARRY KYLIE!

Nothing really wrong with it, it's just another competently made 90s cartoon.

it's meh, the animation fails in important moments. It lacked a few episode to wrap things up in the end.

Get in line, nerd.

FUCKING THIS

Extreme Ghostbusters was better than it should've been. It actually got stuff past the radar even more than the original Ghostbusters cartoon. They actually had an episode where Cenobytes from Hellraiser would torture and flay people.

...What hate?

Acknowledging somebody's gender is a hate crime.

I didn't acknowledge gender. That's a social construct. I acknowledged biological sex.

How bad is the animation in the Real Ghostbusters?
I've heard good things about the show but I can't tolerate the shitty 5fps animation that a lot of 80s cartoons had.

>Pointing out the innocuous observation of a character's gender and questioning potential hateful intentions behind it.
>Not the racial slur in the same post.
What the fuck?

Nigger isn't a racial slur. It's a term of endearment.

It wasn't great. If that kind of thing really bothers you then you'll have a hard time getting into the show.

It's pretty smooth, and some episodes have damn good animation... though it DID depend on which studio was doing the animation.

Either way, you can stop watching after Season 2. There are maybe three episodes after that worth watching.

Spent an entire day binge reading the Ghostbuster's Wiki about the animated series, and there seems to be some pretty cool stuff.

Kylie is hot, yo.

It's not high art or anything, but fun to watch with a bowl of cereal.
Then again, I'm re watching the Kevin Sorbo Hercules.

Definitely worth watching, it's the Spectacular Spider-Man of its franchise. Not quite the prestiges of TWENTY-FUCKING-EIGHT episodes of Sins of the Fathers from Spider-tAS, but what could possible aspire to such a lofty goal.

yep, it's great, and it's a far better remake/tribute to the original movie than the stupid feminazi thing released a few weeks ago.

It actually has the original Ghostbusters existing in universe, which immediately makes it leagues better.

>The team up episode
>Lorenzo Music died before it was made
Dave Coulier a shit.

Actually, the first two seasons have probably the most consistently great animation of any '80s toy-advertising show, probably cuz of all that sweeeeeet movie money. Tokyo Movie Shinsha did it, you may remember them from Castle of Cagliostro and the best episodes of BTAS. The later seasons had budget cuts, but there were still exceptions - When Halloween Was Forever, f'rinstance, the primetime special, has a bigger budget than the best episodes of the show.

>not sure if serious or taking the piss out of Spidey TAS
>seriously, how the hell was I supposed to follow the episode order as a kid? I didn't fucking know Roman numerals and it's not like you could pause the title back then.

The wheelchair guy was my favorite. How odd in retrospect.

Taking the piss out of Spidey: tAS. The last two season just got so fucking ridiculous.

If you want a proper GB reboot instead of the abomination in theaters, fuck yes.

>>The team up episode >Lorenzo Music died before it was made

The series finale was in 1997.

Lorenzo Music died in 2001.

They likely went with Coulier for the same reason they went with Buster Jones over Arsenio Hall; because he'd been the most recent voice of the character.

It's more worth watching than the new movie.

IDW will burn in hell for shitting over this series. They have already been punished by the failure of their reboot

That's not a reboot, that's a sequel. Extreme continues the cartoon.

Ghostbusters 2016 is an entirely different movie about fighting and catching ghosts to study them. I will never ever understand the pile of hate that movie got.
Anyway, Extreme is great, it just doesn't have the endless variety of the original cartoon. Also Slimer isn't an obnoxious scene stealer in Extreme, so it's a balance.

Its strange how these 90s style Burger King Kids magic schoolbus diversity quota doesn't rankle half as bad as the shit they are doing today, despite being more EXTREME

I remember liking it more than the real ghostbusters, but that was 20 years ago so I don't know.

Don't you mean Sony?

They didn't ignore the original Canon, meanwhile the show that had a cast with diverse personalities but you could tell they got along with one another. The team chemistry is a huge factor

Garrett was awesome but only because the show had the balls to show that his disability resulted in actual limitations (he got knocked out of his chair a LOT) and that despite being the handicapped guy, he could be a jerk and an idiot just like everyone else.

They didn't sugarcoat him or give him plot armor and that's part of what made him so likeable. Also, the cripple jokes. So many cripple jokes. And what was great about those is that they had different context to them. His friends who knew him really well could make jabs about his handicap and he didn't take it personally. But then that one episode where a bunch of jerks push him out of his chair and play around with it, that was shown as being not-cool.

Unfortunately, the Toon Disney broadcast cut out all the cripple jokes and that's the version most bootleg copies online are taken from. So people watching those are missing out.

I've been rewatching it with some friends recently and its surprisingly good.

Like we're all mad at our child selves for being pissy and not wanting to give it a chance because it wasn't the real Ghostbusters.

Do not confuse the online shitflinging with hate towards the movie. No one actually gives a shit about Ghostbusters 2016, including the SJWs that's why it's failing so hard at the BO, it's just fuel for the ongoing war of fucking retards.

Ive been meaning to marathon this. Bought Tobins Spirit Guide, pretty neat

I take it you guys are looking forward to the new Zone flash then?

Pretty sure it's not failing, it's just EHing at the box office. I feel confident it'll do well as it goes worldwide.
I honestly hope for a sequel. It was very different from the original which was what I wanted.

But it already opened everywhere that's relevant, only places left are eastern yurop and other shit places.

The obvious answer is that they didn't fucking rub it in everyone's face over how progressive and all-inclusive they were being.

The story and show itself wasn't a back-seat to pandering to minorities, women, whatever. They were just stories that happened to have diverse casts. But we can't have that anymore. We need to be REMINDED and bashed over the head every few seconds over how progressive modern shows/movies/cartoons/etc are being, and if you don't like being REMINDED constantly, then you are a shitlord misogynist supreme.

China and Japan will save us!

You didn't watch the movie, did you?

>China and Japan will save us!

It opens in Japan in August, yes.

But China has banned it outright, so don't count on that.

>You didn't watch the movie, did you?

>New all-female Ghostbusters defeat the male villain by shooting him in the balls
>not pandering

Okay, sure, whatever you say.

No, the IDW comic which only reused Kylie and used the others as joke characters.

Glad it failed and IDW is a failing company in general.

So the Power Rangers movie is also evil for doing a crotch shot?

>despite being more EXTREME
it was easier to swallow BECAUSE it was more EXTREME. Honestly, a ghost is hard enough to catch, but a ghost on stairs? Unstoppable.

Those are't the real ghostbusters, only one of them is a girl.

One's only half a man, that's like a girl.

Those shows weren't viewed as good, is the difference. Compare it to now where something like Steven is praised BECAUSE it's diverse. But stuff like Captain Planet was tossed aside as obvious garbage, it didn't have huge followings of people patting it on the back with critics clapping for its diversity.

Also diversity is way more ham-fisted and a hot topic now more than ever, so the pandering is way more blatant. The creators of the cartoon weren't telling their fans to fuck off in interviews because they had a diverse cast compared to the new movie.

Did someone rip the hulu releases?

Don't expect it to be as good as rgb, and you'll be ok. After all, Klasky-Csupo's crap artists and drab color pallet supplied the visuals.

But then it was drawn by "we hate details" K.C.

Could've sworn the show ended in the early 2000's. Oh well. Coulier still a shit though. I liked Music because he worked for that "We're a separate universe from the movies" thing. Coulier kinda missed the point and tried to channel Bill Murray.

That was the one where the women all had faces like they were pimpslapped and their faces stuck like that? And where Dana had powetful, tendon-y talons instead of regular woman hands? Yeah, fuck that series.

you didn't like Captain Planet?

You know, there's a chance Sony could put XGB on Netflix
Captain Planet's one of those shows that had a fairly interesting concept but screwed up the execution. Every episode was more or less the same:

>Gaia: Here's a problem
>Wheeler: HOOBA DOOBA I DON'T GET WHY THAT'S A PROBLEM! I'M A TOTAL DOUCHEBAG
>[cue most of the episode showing why it's a problem, interspersed with the Planteers using their powers in really boring ways]
>Kwami: Let our powers combine!
>then Captain Planet shows up to make crappy puns and solve everything with magic
>then Wheeler gets into some stupid slapstick
>then TWO fucking PSAs about how recycling is neato

There were maybe three episodes that were interesting, and that's being generous.

>Did someone rip the hulu releases?

Or at the very least, can anyone confirm that they're uncut and not the censored versions Toon Disney ran?

Quickest way to tell:

>Episode 1
>Garrett makes the "open mouth, insert foot" comment
>Does Eduardo reply, "At least I HAVE a foot. That WORKS."

If it's missing Eduardo's reply, then it's the censored version.

I still stand this as a better cast for a new Ghostbusters movie.

Not the guy you're responding to, but the episode where they addressed Northern Ireland pissed the ever-living fuck out of me. They simplified a generational conflict which caused the deaths of several ancestors. My grandfather emigrated in the 1960's because even he saw how much of a shithole Norn Iron became.

Two things irk me.
1) Why is the ghost helping them and not being caught?

2) Why is there a fucking guy in a wheelchair as a ground-troop role? This is the equivalent of Ghost-Border Patrol. You could have him operate a custom vehicle, sure, but it is not discriminating if you put down the hard fact that he can't go up god damn stairs.

this

It was better than any right it had to be.

if Sony made that cast of the Ghostbusters movie instead of a Bridemaids remake, it would have been a lot better received.

>1) Why is the ghost helping them and not being caught?
because he isn't hostile.
>2) Why is there a fucking guy in a wheelchair as a ground-troop role? This is the equivalent of Ghost-Border Patrol. You could have him operate a custom vehicle, sure, but it is not discriminating if you put down the hard fact that he can't go up god damn stairs.
I've thought the same thing before.

yeah but as a kid it was fun to watch, I didn't watch it as an adult.

It wasn't a woman vs. man thing. It was a low blow by a robot manned by a diverse crew of teenagers to another robot infused with the evil will of living flubber.

>but the last season was great

There's only one season.

>and used the others as joke characters.

Roland and Garret haven't shown up at all (outside of a brief glimpse at alternate universes that literally showed the XGB continuity) and Eduardo was always comedy relief.

>Why is there a fucking guy in a wheelchair as a ground-troop role? This is the equivalent of Ghost-Border Patrol. You could have him operate a custom vehicle, sure, but it is not discriminating if you put down the hard fact that he can't go up god damn stairs.

The premise of the show is the only people Egon could find to take the job were the students in a shitty community college class.

And Garret's character was basically Joe from Family Guy. A running joke that alternates between "I'm a dumb jock with massive upper body strength" and "I can't do the thing because I'm in a fucking wheelchair"

It's not really good or bad. So at the very least it's more enjoyable than ghostbusters 2

I'm sure it's not terrible, but the way they marketed the movie turned off any potential normie who aren't into social politics.

I'm so sick of people shitting on GB2 just to make the new piece of garbage look better. Yeah, the plot was a retread of the first, but the cast had the old charisma and chemistry, Vigo was a cool villain, and there isn't anything in there that's stupid or cringy, it's just inoffensively middle of the road.

I read that encyclopedia dramatica description also.

>I'm so sick of people shitting on GB2 just to make the new piece of garbage look better.
People shat relentlessly on that movie LONG before the 2016 movie was even a glint in the directors eyes.

>A running joke

That deserves a standing ovation

Sure but now they're doing it in the same breath as they're defending a fart joke movie. That's over the line.

One of my favorite scenes in the show is they wreck the Ecto-1 and he yells "I can't feel my legs!"

Honestly, the weakest part of the whole series is Tara Strong can't remember to keep up her character's NY accent from one episode to the next.

How new are you that you don't know slimer?

Don't forget obligatory white guilt episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=iGk0AFJJ1BE&feature=player_detailpage#t=574
FEEL GUILTY 4 BEING WHITE

I know China is mega anal about anything to do with undeath but I hadn't heard one way or the other about them banning it

If they have, they're platinum fucked. Movies gotta have that renminbi these days

Real Ghostbusters/Extreme Ghostbusters Slimer has always been a friendly mascot character.

I would rank Extreme somewhere between the Real ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2, and miles above the skidmark on film in the theaters now.

The ones done by the Japanese studio with the budget are awesome. Some of the others, well, aren't.

Because he was a good character first, and a diversity insert second.

In addition, his disability is actually a fucking problem, even if he works super hard at dealing with it.

Finaly, the characters don't fall all over themselves being like
>Being trans takes HUGE strength of mind.
or all the other touchy feely crap. Eduardo is a natrual shit talker, and he gets treated EQUALLY in that regard

Right, and that last point is an important part of why the team chemistry works..

I will admit, I was expecting it to be WORSE than it was. But throw a proton stream and a trap at it. It's fucking dead.

No, because I was not aware of it. But I am at attention now.

Hey, don't be so mean to Eduardo. And besides, Garret can pick up the slack where Eddie fails.

>I would rank Extreme somewhere between the Real ghostbusters

Id say it was on par or even better than Real in some instances. I mean Real is GOAT at it's highs but it's lows where.....really low and there where sadly more lows than highs

>Is this REALLY worth watching, Sup Forums?
KYLIE
F***ING
GRIFFIN

I love that they actually addressed her changing character designs in the last season.

Best part? You didn't even notice the diversity because that was never the focus of the show, there weren't even episodes about acceptance and shit they just fought ghosts.

I love it when disabled people make fun of their own disabilities.

Shit gets me every time. .

There's even an episode where he fakes braking down and crying over his disability to distract some mooks only to zap them to shit and say something like "don't understimate the power of a hadicapped guy".