You literally can't name a single thing wrong with it besides
>muh no nipples
or
>it's different from muh anime

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/96621373
youtu.be/gYah6TxepCA?t=2m49s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watched it last night. Apart from the laughable climbing cgi in the final fight it was alright for a generic "my makers were the bad guys all along" plot

you forgot the

>DUDE SHE SHOULD BE ASIAN LMAO RACIST WHITEWASHING LMAO

which is what actually killed this movies reviews

I can name the biggest wrong of the movie : Scarlett Johansson. And not because she's caucasian but because she can't act.

>Take thought-provoking foreign comic full of poignant social commentary and a new eye at gender constructs
>Turn it into generic action flick
>Also give it bad CG and turn all the actors white for no reason
If you don't understand why it was reviewed so poorly you're as stupid as the people that made the film.

>she can't act.
this. It's Daenerys Targaryen tier acting. She is unbelievebly terrible.
Also the story is generic, unengaging and bland. It feels like just a bunch of unconnected scenes with cringe dialogues.
The film is even more shit than Alien Covenant and that already was retarded as hell.

It wasn't very good. It was Total Recall reboot tier.

I like Michael Pit, the doctor was unnecessary, Scarjo was ok, the other dudes of the group weren't developed enough, not enough violent, the fx were great.

Very forgettable

Yeah bro, Major had such emotional range in the anime

She actually had a lot of character in her voice unlike that =stupid cunt in the movie

the story fucking sucks

how an actualy GOOD GitS would have looked:
vimeo.com/96621373

The villain was fucking garbage

dafuq is that shit, hipsters talking behind the scene but no actual footage

They literally raped the visuals.

Videogame playing plebs hate what they don't understand

This shit doesn't look real at all.

It's not nearly as bad as everyone said it was, but it has a lot of problems:
>underdeveloped primary antagonist
>eye-rollingly generic, almost non-existent super secret secondary antagonist
>attempting to respond to the whitewashing controversy and then bungling it entirely
>ill-defined relationship between Major and Batou where the movie makes the assumption that we'll accept them as friends based on nostalgia despite them essentially being strangers at the start of the film
>underwhelming climactic action setpiece
>supporting cast do nothing/get nothing to do, except for Takeshi
>tired storytelling
>lacks a philosophical edge
>underutilized score

That said, it definitely had a litany of things going for it:
>great visuals
>excellent world building
>good fight choreography and exciting action scenes
>solid performances from Batou, Takeshi, Binoche and Michael Pitt
>cool character design for Pitt's character as well
>Scarjo wasn't terrible
>sentimental scenes hit the right notes

There's a lot of good here, but not enough to make it a great film.

This desu senpai. Those ads are ridiculous.

Ruppert Sanders explains why GITS sucks at 2:49
youtu.be/gYah6TxepCA?t=2m49s

to make big movies you need money, to get money you need dumb ideas

They make zero fucking sense.
They're too big to be seen by people on the streets.
Half of them are just people exercising.
Who and what are these ads for?

>ost was never released

>hey let's make a super cyborg
>okay so we should look for military volunteers?
>no just grab some random person off the street

It's a vile, soulless mess. That's at least 2 things

I think it's a decent movie considering its only the second one he's directed but I would be really be interested in a true director's cut if it's true the first cut they had didn't test well with test audiences.
He's pretty based IMO because of what he did with KStew during the filming of Snow White and the Huntsman though lmao

>lacks a philosophical edge
Big disappointment for me. 14 year old me connected to scenes like this

I think they were based on Akira

They're a mishmash of Blade Runner and Akira.
But GitS fails to understand what purpose they serve in each film.
In Akira the neon lights help divide the city into the vibrant downtown parts and the destroyed parts.
In GitS 2k17 they're just "pretty lights" that the film throws in to trick people into thinking it has good visuals.

Nobody fucking wanted Lucy 2. It would have wonder if it just copied the original with having it be political thriller with some philosophy.

(((They))) dropped the major philosophical themes that stand out in the original film and turned into a revenge flick, i mean visually is cool but the story became so predictable in the first act.
Now if this flick didnt have the GiTS name pasted on it, it would be much better, same thing as Metallica's St. Anger.

Expectations sink down as the standards don't match up.

The movie is bad and St. Anger is trash.

I like the film very much in many respects, but the one glaring problem with it is why? Why bother with a remake/new adaptation, at least from an artistic point of view?

I'm not an anime fan in any way at all, but this gave the decades-long fans of GItS absolutely nothing for the months they spent worrying and the money they then spent on seeing the film.

I completely get it from an econ point of view: story's already written; live action (esp. with SFX) draws in a lot of viewers who won't watch a cartoon. It's not difficult to make a film out of a cartoon that's itself made from a comic. You are virtually guaranteed to succeed. But there's such a cynicism there that defies the point of film or any other art. I can't learn anything new about humanity/art/beauty/pain/death/etc. - the whole point of film/art - because this specific story has been done twice already, almost verbatim.

Had it been created ex nihilo, it would've been the best sci-fi film since Blade Runner. But it's a copy of a copy. Beautiful, intense, lush, and all the other qualities a film should have, but the kernel of all that stems from a twice-told story with which the latest version offers no real distinction or change or improvement over either original. How many times can you be enthused over buying the new iPhone?

>t. weeb

every year without an Akira hollywood adaptation is a good year. hope it is left alone.

/thread

it wasn't all that bad

but

is right, scarlett just seemed like a shit choice, her voice is kinda off for the role, or atleast how i imagined it as i haven't watched the anime and i don't itend to

Kusanagi's original japanese voice is very specific, it reflects confidence and authority. The opposite of Scarjo

that's how i imagined it, scarjo just sounds weak

>Yeah it's good but it needs to be more futuristic
>Well sir it's actually not set that far into the-
>Yeah OK but make it more futuristic
>It's just-
>Skyscraper sized holographic ads or you're fired

At least she didn't look like a rat faced jew with a pudgy body well past their prime.

Didn't they make people like Ishikawa black too?

Wasn't a lot of her face and body cgi?

Anyone else upset by ScarJo walking in the middle of the hologram like an autistic child?

half of actors in movie are shit

So in other words, a glib facsimile?

They movie makes a habit of explaining things twice.

>that Scarjo face
this is fucking hilarious

The film was great, much better than Arise or Solid State society. The marketing was terrible however, and the boring whitewashing argument killed it. I hope thye do a laughing man sequel with more development of section 9 and a more confident Major.

I can't watch the anime because its in Japanese so the movie was great for me

Yeah, the film looks like it'as aimed at very dumb people. Like they wanted to make sure we understand that most people were just humans upgraded with some technology while Major was a full android.
The producers wanted to cater to the lowest common denominator, ended up alienating everybody.

>rat faced jew
Kek. As if you wouldn't fuck someone who looked like Johansson given the chance.