Joelle Jones is DC exclusive now

Joelle Jones is DC exclusive now

newsarama.com/30279-dc-comics-announces-another-exclusive-creator.html

DC Comics has announced that writer/artist Joëlle Jones has signed an exclusive agreement with the publisher. The deal was announced at the Friday DC Press Breakfast at Comic-Con International: San Diego.

Jones has done several works for DC including issues of Superman: American Alien and Fables, but is perhaps best known for her work on Lady Killer - co-created, coincidentally, by recently promoted Vertigo Group Editor Jamie S. Rich.

No immediate DC projects were announced for the Los Angeles-based artist. She recently completed a short run on Marvel's Spider-Woman, and is currently writing and drawing a new Lady-Killer series for Dark Horse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q72QkU70_WA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DC making sure no one is gonna jump ship

Need to see what books she'll be put on, but it's always good from the creator's perspective to get those benefits locked up. And good for the company to get the talent under contract.

Usually not so good from the fan perspective since it ultimately means less options but we'll see.

Man this is like when WWF finally wised up and signed iron clad contracts with all of its wrestlers.

That came out of nowhere.

She's doing Mockingbird and Spider-Woman right now.

Yeah isn't one American Alien issue all she's done for DC? They must have offered her something she really wants

I'm happy, I like her art a lot and I'm a dcfag

Literally who?

It's literally in the OP, you fucking illiterate moron.

>ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #2
>ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN VOL. 1
>BATMAN ‘66 VOL. 2
>HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #19
>SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN #3
According to DC's site, of course.
She's also one of those DC Talent Workshop people so... you graduate, you get contract?

>BAH GAWD! IT'S THE TOM KING MANEUVER! MARVEL IS BEING BEATEN LIKE A GOVERNMENT MULE!

What the fuck is American Alien?

>you graduate, you get contract?
You think they're going to put in the time to train you so you can go work for a competitor?

One of comfiest Superman comics ever.

Joelle Jones draws great clothes. That sounds like a minor thing, but knowing how to hang clothes on somebody and how to choose the right clothes to say something about a character or book is something lacking in a lot of cape books, probably because you often get away with a costume. She's a great pick-up for DC.

Superman mini by Landis, it was kind of mediocre but starts a lot of shitposting due to his pro- and anti- fans

Probably more like 'you graduate, you get work, you show you can do good work to schedule, you get contract'

>She's also one of those DC Talent Workshop people so... you graduate, you get contract?
Huh, I didn't realize she'd been part of that. Neat

A mini written by Landis. Triggers Sup Forums because there are plenty of people that dislike him here.

>NO NO NO DON'T DO IT
>OH MY GAWD HE'S BROKEN IN HALF
Who's he, Sup Forums, and who'd be Undertaker in this scenerio?

Of course not. But then again, you can get someone like Bennett. She's really good artist but writing should be forbidden to her 80% of time.

Is she a good artist?

Bennett does art?

I think you may be getting Marguerite Bennett and Marguerite Sauvage mixed up.

I feel you. Frank is my favorite current clothesfag.

Jesus, DC's straight locked down most every major up-and-comer artist and writer in this generation. And with their generally good talent scouting and development program they'll have the next wave in place once they're ready to move on from this group.

Good enough. Faces are sometimes little stylized but it's good art overall. Look at American Alien issue with Deathstroke. Or Lady Killer.
I am indeed. I'm going to stand in corner now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q72QkU70_WA

I didn't realise she was with Periscope. They really have an enormous amount of talent.

I've been saying for months, Marvel's poor scouting will be their downfall especially since DC is locking everyone up with exclusives. Even stole Mann from them.

Better that SquirrelGirl Hendersen art.
My a cuntry mile.

They collaborate a lot, it's not such a bad mistake. You fucking idiot, you stupid piece of shit. You dumb trash asshole.

That's good, I liked her Lady Killer work

>tfw DC releases all those crazy minis because they have no books for their talent.
Empty paper is better than Squirrel Girl art. Henderson does good figures and items, her faces are off. Everyone looks like they're doing duckface.

Marvel's sending a scout here in the Philippines for a con. Sucks for him since all the decent ones have been taken. The only other actually good one is the guy who draws Zha Zha Zaturnah but I doubt his fanservice pinup style would go over well with them seeing as how Cho's already off fucking Totally Awesome Hulk.

I would cry laughing if DC somehow got Coates to sign a contract

I bet Cebulski is too busy eating to notice any good artists

>Philippines
Why? If they are aiming for the manga crowd they are way off target.
Shit, I don't know any Filipino artist

Do you remember the Marvel talent scout tweeting about how some guys had asked them not to bother him?

That picture of him from the Marvel retreat is hilarious after the Rhodey death stuff came out.

I hope he gets a normal high profile book one day. I'd take him on Action over Jurgens for sure.

doesn't matter, HE TOTALLY BTFO's THIS GUY SHOWING HIS PORTFOLIO TO A FRIEND.

If they were, they'd be sending him to Best of Anime, he's going to APCC, which is a Marvel Dominated Comic Con. There are more non-anime style artist there.

Didn't Philip Tan do the GL art on Venditti's run

So who do you think she'll be writing/drawing? A female superhero I'd imagine.

Katana?
Batwoman?
Catwoman?
White Canary?
Starfire?

yep, and Pagulayan did Convergence. And I think a Filipino also did parts of Titans Hunt since the tracks from Dick's music player are all Filipino Songs.

Billy Tan did, not Philip

I think Billy is Malaysian

Hopefully Batgirl, the current artist is utter shit

Why would they target Coates for an exclusive? He's primarily a novelist and they have ties to a lot of them, like Mieville.

I'm guessing something for Vertigo or Young Animal

Jamie Rich just got promoted at Vertigo and she's pals with him

How about we put her on something interesting instead? Like maybe they can finally do Mystik U

Debbie Harry is her own style icon, is it too much to hope for Black Canary?

>Katana
An Outsiders comic would be great, too.

Given Jones' propensity for drawing women stylishly committing violence, you think they might give Jones Katana in light of her upcoming role in SS?

You mean Birds of Prey.

Batgirl's artist is Rafael Albuquerque, who's great.

>not liking Albuquerque

fight me 1v1

Ming is gone and her and Tynion were the ones pushing for it. Plus, they already said in an interview how they already used some ideas for it for their Hellblazer run.

Right, sorry

Ming Doyle is gone?

Philip Tan did the Agent Orange arc that introduced Larfleeze, I think

she was never locked down a contract and she's no longer working on anything DC, same with Valentine sadly.

Nah I think Marvel's talent scouting is flawed but that's on the artist there. Midtown might be the biggest comic shop in NYC and he should know pros would be around. Dude is just a dumbass to say no to anyone.

Yep

That is a shame. I always hoped for Ming Doyle to do some New Gods stuff.

Valentine's only doing Xena right? They could bring her back unless things ended poorly I guess.

So she's from DC workshop and so is Ferreyra. Both have really diverse styles. And here Sup Forums told me that DC workshop gimmick is there to produce house style drones.

it is, DC has a lot of poser artists. By that I mean artist who rely heavily on poser technology.

Fuck off. None of them came out of workshop. Janin and Zircher predate workshop and they don't have "too many poser artists." Anyway house style is more akin to Jim Lee/Finch style than poser.

I recall Max Landis said his next DC series would be either a two issue Joker/Harley story, the followup to American Alien with Dick and Clark meeting the JL, or a Killer Moth Maxiseries (12 issues) with Joelle Jones.

I'd be alright with that.

One poser artist is too many

>more Max Landis

gross

>Killer Moth Maxiseries
go on...