What did Sup Forums think of this movie? I watched it on a plane on Monday and was pleasantly surprised

What did Sup Forums think of this movie? I watched it on a plane on Monday and was pleasantly surprised.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djmNHow1od4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nothing special

We watched it on a plane and were pleasantly surprised.

What a coincidence, I too watched it on a plane

And was pleasantly surprised

Too many forced attempts at humor. Had good moments, and Pine and Bridges were good, climax was good, but ultimately not that great and factually overrated by a lot of people.

One of the most mediocre films last year. Stock characters, lazily explored theme, poor pacing, and sort of a lackluster ending.

That said, I tend to enjoy shittier, average movies on planes.

Pretty boring
The attempt at sentimentality with the brothers puppy fighting in the yard was fucking laughable
Also was I supposed to care when the half Mexican half native (lmao) died

I know at one point Sup Forums circle jerked it with hacksaw as the movies that should have won best picture, and they were both disingenuous faux-sentimental drivel

Too many underage kids in this thread. This movie is not the best but it's better than most things that came out in 2016. I loved the relationship of the two brothers was pure kino.

>not the best but it's better than most things that came out in 2016

Yeah, that doesn't mean that this movie wasn't mediocre. I was really looking forwards this one because I love this country side, gangster aesthetics but was dissapointed heavily. Shit all felt like I already seen it somewhere else. Didn't really care for anyone much and everyone in the movie seemes like they didn't care for the movie either. It was just plain.

Still, if I had to chart mediocre movies I've seen, this would be qualify as the better of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=djmNHow1od4
should've won best picture

okay but forgettable

I watched it while flying through the air on a commercial jet. I was surprised, pleasantly.

Boring for the first half and then got pretty cool. Was pleasantly surprised.

I liked this movie. It felt modern mixed with old school, and was very comfy to watch.

It's got a good late 90s early 2000s vibe

>when Bridges' partner got shot

Full Metal Jacket all over again

Pretty good. Not great. But entertaining. Felt like an idiot when I didn't recognize Pine until the credits rolled.

>Felt like an idiot when I didn't recognize Pine until the credits rolled.

Are you for real?

Also, who else would've banged fat waitress, would've given her a big tip alright, hubba hubba

I liked it. Was that scene where all the town residents opened fire on them some kind of commentary on gun control? I felt like it didn't match the tone of the rest of the movie.. am I missing something? Was it just "muh Texas"?

It was all dumb commentary. Same with the waitress who doesn't want to give up her tips.

sometimes less is better dude.

this user knows what's up

Pretty great portrayal of what West TX and the cycle of poverty are like. Bridges performance is top notch. Just rewatch his acting after he snipes shooterbro. Felt real. Snake eating its tail for an ending.

The humor falls flat because West TX people aren't funny but think they're clever. Diner lady is pretty spot-on.

watched it on a Monday, was planely pleasant.

she was pretty hot in eastbound and down, but holy shit shes gained a bunch of weight