Test your vocab

Come on, you guys, just like being with a pretty girl, it only takes like 2 minutes.

testyourvocab.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

arealme.com/vocabulary-size-test/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i em brainlet

>that flag
Is English your first language?

Yes. I tried to be accurate on the test because there were a lot of words I've heard before but didn't know the exact definition.

SHITE

Is this any good?

Fugg, I have seen some of those but not even a vague idea of what they mean. I been saved more for bad fantasy novels and my love of classic cultures than anything.

I'm the dumbest so far

It's okay English-teacher-in-asia kun, no one expected you to score very far anyway.

>English-teacher-in-asia kun
Are you Joking or saying it seriously?

>noisome
Lovecraft taught me that one

What do you think about my knowing "perchance" ? Am I great?

>Fugg, I have seen some of those but not even a vague idea of what they mean.
>(Don't check boxes for words you know you've seen before, but whose meaning you aren't exactly sure of.)

Spanish reading comprehension.
Latinx usually do quite well on these tests because of our shared linguistic heritage. (Difficult words come from latin)

30,400 by their unfailing metric :^)

JUST

what foreign land do you hail from?

I dont, i was born hear

well are you from appalachia or something?

I wouldn't be surprised either way. Some dumb motherfucker go to Japan to "teach" english. Also you don't make the hilarious mistakes in English, so I'm weary if you are a true nippon-jin.
And that's why I didn't chech them. Like some in Latin than I never even seen in Asspain and wasn't sure if what was they meaning truly was, like terpsichorean is something to do with dance but what exactly... Or Vibrissiae.
Other I never heard like Wiwiwaw or something, than I'm sure they have mispelled something.

Bigger than I though, but I can't speek for shit and don't understand the spoken language that much.

Are you retarded?

Fugg, sorry I was writing and deleting parts and checked send without wanting. Fucking no Captcha fucked me up.

im from kentuky

ah! knew it

first test 15k
second 12k

I have to read some books

>2nd page
>a bunch of french words

perfidious albion even stole the french language

Yep, something like this.

I recommend "The Bridge At Andau" it's by an eminent author from my region about your fine little country.

fucking brainlet here who never really tried to learn english so that doesn't surprise me
.. but at least i can understand more than 95% of english youtube video for exemple so that's what matter the most even if sometime i can't express myself correctly

Ok, I guess

27,900, just like the estimates of that other vocab test. Seems consistent enough.

>feelio when I know 13k words in Japanese, but since tests do away with kanji I always score around 6k

Better than I expected. Oo
Also, should I know that bunch of useless words such as cenacle or sapling?
Just asking because this year I'm going to take the IELTS exam, and even studying a lot of flashcards, I have NEVER come across many of those words.

Anyone who is any little acquainted with Shakespeare know this word.

Sapling is pretty common.

Do you have link to a similar Japanese test?

We coming after your culture anglo bois

I've chickened more Dickinz than you

arealme.com/vocabulary-size-test/en/

This one. It doesn't let you cheat like OP's, though, since there are right and wrong answers.

>raggamuffin
only knew that one from a song with that name

Cenacle, depends, do Brasucas use Cena to mean eating dinner? It's a latin word anyway. Sapling is simply a young tree, like stripling for young men.

Took English one first. Yep, it's more complicated and more accurate. I got 22350 (instead of 29k).

Yay I can talk to the cool, hip kids!

This kinda test tends to be highly questionable. There are bunch of people who know as many vocabularies as i know

Why must I master the *nglo language so well?

I read it somewhere native Japs usually know from 30 to 40k words, because words are way more re-combinable due to Chinese compounds.

It's hard to tell how this website is measuring words, but I'm assuming it considers 30k as its ceiling, like with all other languages.

I got 5100. Fuck, my Japanese is so bad now, I forgot everything.

Yo no hablo español

Is that some of those pages for uping the ego of Charos or something? The worse word was queroleous and I read to many shitty lovercraft knockoffs to not now what that means.
Also fucking CAPTCHA I Want the legacy one back.

think i got like 19k last i tested this

Oh wow, my German is better than my English, what a surprise.

fun little quiz

My Russian then, along with appropriate English and poor Japanese.

And English. I'm 10 years old HAHAHA BENIS XDDD

>the maximum of this tept is apparently up to 30000
>educated Japanese are supposed to know 40000~50000 Japanese words
>i am considered intellectual even though the test shows i know only 27000
That's why "IQ test" is questionable. I read many more books than most of japs tho
bretty good i guess. Hold it on

To , fix

5400 words
I think this is bad

behold the power of random clicking :D

i got one wrong because i missed it said antonym

I got 7500 in November. Guess I got way better at associating ひらがな with kanji since then, eh?

If you think your language is hard, think again. Welcome to arabic where knowing close to 50k vocabulary is still a 10yrs old level. That's what two thousand years of uninterrupted language perseverance does to a language.

>10400

Fugg. I took 2 semesters in a US uni, and I'm quite sure I can express myself pretty well in English. Should I know those other words?

Fuck me, that made me feel insecure.

Half of those are words that have a pretty basic meaning that only people that are trying to sound intelligent would use in modern day so you're fine.

Thanks, DnD and Terry Prattchett.

No. Such tests are sheer memes. The vocabulary that they feature comes mostly from classical literature or specific matters, such as "gargantuan" or "ragamuffin".
Don't bother, my dear macaco. Most of who posted here are liars. Have a good day.

The fuck is what

I took the other one and got
>pic rel
Brainlet confirmed lol

>Not knowing every word in the modern English lexicon.
What plebeians Sup Forums is populated with. Quite a shame that there are no intellectuals on the same level of thought as myself; yet, not a surprising result.

foggyu james. if i ever been born in america i would have done better than you

I highly doubt that scenario. You would have to have an IQ of perhaps 200 to have done better than me; a very unlikely probability.

Arabic has fuck load of vocabulary

Die you like Rick and Morty ?

almost native tier, noice

Not too bad, better than I expected

Half of the ones I got wrong were borrowed from French

Also anybody have a link for a German version?

I should infer so!

now in Spanish.

noice. Cervantes is best writer.

Portuguese. Unexpected. I think the test was just poorly made.

Hmm

>thinking I'll click all that shit

>thinking anybody actually gives a shit about whether you do it or not

>thinking that I give a shit about a 56%'s opinion

>thinking I care about what a literal child who can only parrot memes has to say

it's alright, we automatically know you'd be under 10,000