When was the last time there were absolutely no good kids cartoons on tv? The 70s? Why is there nothing but shit on now...

When was the last time there were absolutely no good kids cartoons on tv? The 70s? Why is there nothing but shit on now? I guess Regular Show is still pretty good but CN never shows it anymore.

The period from 2004 to around 2008 or so was pretty bad.

Steven Universe just came back, and theres new eps every weekday.

This. The period where CN literally canned everything and replaced all their shows with outsourced Canadian shows and live-action bullshit set a new low.
Personally, I think right now we're in somewhat of a new golden era for TV animation.

SU is mediocre as fuck tho.

Not just CN, that was also the time when Nick started to go to shit and Disney Channel aired nothing sitcoms.

There were still a couple good shows though. Kim Possible and Fairly Oddparents were still going strong and we had the birth of Ben 10. And Danny Phantom and Jake Long if you're into that.

Now it's pretty much just Steven Universe, which I know a lot of people like, and I see the appeal and I don't hate it or anything, but come on, there has to be something else.

I think it's good.

because now they make cartoons for teenagers and people in their twenties that are obsessed with anime, they don't make kids cartoon anymore

Is Star on? I hear that's not bad. And if we're counting shows that are still technically airing, the only objectively shit shows CN's airing right now are TTG and PPG.

Just because CN's whoring out PPG for all the sheckles they spent making it doesn't mean that every show they have is that bad.

>Personally, I think right now we're in somewhat of a new golden era for TV animation.
>People actually believe this

Goddamn, you people have low standards.

It's true though, even if you don't personally like it.
Creator driven shows are making a comeback.

just face it, you grew out of watching children cartoons

>the 90s

Loud House or Star VS. isn't any more creator driven than Squirrel Boy or Robot Jones. Shit even shows are radically different from each other as Clarence and Garden Wall still have the same character designs. We're stagnating hard to the point where 90% of cartoons on right now can be described as "comfy".

At least 90's had more than one art style going on. There's no reason why Ben 10 should look like Home: The Series.

I thought I was free once before, too. I'm not getting my hopes up again.

but i still love animated films. it's just tv animation that seems to be trash.

The 90's had a shit ton of cartoons
Even if you didn't like most of it, chances are you could find something interesting

Cartoons don't make money anymore, it's as simple as that

It also had a plethora of awful cartoons that no one likes to talk about so they can keep the illusion that the 90s was perfect.

Good compared to the other pieces of shit current shows.
I don't know, the SU concept is pretty interesting and the art is pretty good (even if it's just another CalArts-like show) but they ruined it with 'muh friendship' and other filler.
I appreciate that the characters are flawed, but they aren't likable or human at all. They all behave like jerks except Steven, which is an entitled little shit/mary sue.

Even if you had to wade through shit to find the diamonds, at least there were diamonds

I prefer that to a drought of content with diamonds remaining just as scarce

Good Troop
Aladdin Series
Hercules Series
Little Mermaid Series
Ducktales
Darkwing Duck
Talespin
Animaniacs
Tiny Toons
Gargoyles
Batman Animated Series
Justice League
Pepper Ann
Recess
Doug
Hey Arnold
Rugrats
Aah Real Monsters
Wild Thornberries
Angry Beavers
Catdog
Rocko's Modern Life
Ren & Stimpy
Cow & Chicken
Ed Edd n Eddy
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Johnny Bravo
Beavis and Butthead
Daria
Kablam
Early Simpsons
Early South Park
King of the Hill

Barely halfway through the fucking list. Plus the ton of anime that was being introduced as well as old school cartoon re-runs. TV animation was way more enjoyable back then, not only was there a shit ton of content, variety, and genres, but they didn't just spam marathon one cartoon to hell and back like they do now with Spongebob, Loud House, and Teen Titans Go.

Even if you think most of the 90's cartoons were shit, the list was still big enough you could quite a few cartoons you enjoyed compared to now where at the MOST you like maybe three total.

Gumball
TMNT (kinda)
And.... ummm
Fuck

I kinda liked Prime when it was playing (fucking season 2 fetch quests)

For me the best thing about the 90s was the Saturday morning stuff, you could find some really great shows there. The CN and Nick shows were kind of boring, it took a while for those channels to get their acts together. Fortunately they did figure out what they were doing by the time basic cable cartoons died.

Faggot you're grouping shows from like 1992 with shows that ended in 2004.

That'd be like adding shows from 2004 or 2005 onto a list of "modern cartoons".

>Sill trying to pull the "Y-you're cherrypicking!" argument to avoid being wrong

It doesn't matter when a show ended because as long as it started in the 90's, it was being made during a time when standards were different. It's the reason why Beavis and Butthead worked before but didn't work now because of all the regulations preventing them from commenting on as many music videos. It's why King of the Hill stuck out so drastically compared to other adult comedies airing in 2000-whatever. And it's also why Rocko is great but Camp Lazlo is a fucking bore despite having the same creator, art style, and voices.

When you have a show that was made during a certain time, networks typically let you "keep going", even if times have changed. But if you make a show now, you need to comply with the network's modern-day standards. Why the hell do you think CN was fine with doing a Johnny Bravo anniversary special? If the show didn't exist and it was to be pitched now, they'd reject it hard.

Out of interest Sup Forums, what sort of art style would you actually want to see in kids Cartoons these days?
Like, what would you want?

Heavy outlines like Ed Edd n Eddy?
Heavily influenced Anime shit?
Fucking Zig Zags and circles?

Dexter was great
Gargoyles was great
Reboot was great
It wasn't due to their artsyle

Rocko was boring too. The only thing that kept it from being as bad as Camp Lazlo was the occasional 'this joke's for your parents, kiddo'.

>Heavily influenced Anime shit?
Definitely not this
More 'normal looking' cartoons is what I really want, especially for action cartoons

Rest in Paradise ;___;

Depends on the show. I miss the black shadows comic book look B:TAS had. I don't know why the Marvel cartoons look like ass. A lot of action cartoons seemed to take the wrong influence from Bruce Timm and just seemed to make all their designs have super sharp angles rather than sharp overall shapes and designs.

I would like it if we could get something that looked like Xiaolin Showdown though. It was simple and cartoony but they still had form. Their designs didn't strike me as "They only work for one angle" like a lot of CN designs are.

I think Wander was gorgeous but I would like to see that kind of cartoony style done with more traditional means of animation. Like, you can tell shows like Wander and Loud House are made using puppetting and I'd like to see a little less of that.

Like say BTAS?

Even if you think it was boring, the artists had a lot more freedom with their gags than in Camp Lazlo, which had all the fun sucked out of it and ended up being an empty shell of Joe Murray's style. Even the art was cleaner and smoother. It was so streamlined to be safe, it was boring.

Le bump

You mean when Avatar was airing?

Steven Universe is un fucking watchable

Late 80s Disney Afternoon stuff looks nice.

Steven Universe is aggressively feminine for a show that is attempting to be appealing to all audiences. I don't think Disney songs of singing about your feelings and the ones you love exactly mesh well with scary Silent Hill-esque Gem monsters chasing after our hero in a scary hospital.

There's nothing consistent in that show, not even the genre is consistent. I have no idea how people can be fans of show whose quality wildly spikes.

Disney still only airs sitcoms.
>Lets take some kid(s) with some kind of quirk and put them in a TOTALLY normal environement and see how they deal with it!
It started with Zack and Cody, progressed to Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montanna, then just turned into horrible rehashes from there. Good Luck Charlie wasnt so bad though, it was nice.

He said pretty bad, there were a few spots of good in there, but not much.