You will never get a Superman book written by Tom King, drawn by Doc Shaner and edited by Andy Khouri

>You will never get a Superman book written by Tom King, drawn by Doc Shaner and edited by Andy Khouri
Why even live bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AcroNite7/status/756542233424388096
youtube.com/watch?v=4RrkHmYpVAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Jurgens/Tomasi on both Superbooks instead of King

why even live

>King finds Dick/Babs to be an essential ship

He's dead to me

>never

Why is this not a possibility? Maybe in a couple to few years.

Tragic trips, greatest ship

>Favorite comics now: Thor, Saga, ASB Batman, Green Arrow, Paul Dini's Dark Night...I read everything.

What a fucking pleb

>King's favorite character is Dick, but he had lot of fun writing Hal and would like to do more with him in the future
Can GLfags hope?

I remember on a twitter Q and A he said that it was good because they're doomed

>no Flintstones

truly shit taste

>Thor, Saga,
>Dick/Babs an essential ship
Jesus Christ Tom...

>subtle dig at didio and johns' cookie baking skills

copy paste please

not for a while.

I don't know how long King has planned for his Batman run, but you know he definitely has more creator owned stuff planned (or at least more Vertigo)

Well, no man can be perfect.

>Nerds used to fall separately. Now we come together, protect each other, rise together. We're the New Gods. Ping.

Tom King's New Gods fucking W H E N

I don't know how much a King Superman book would be enjoyable...

Reading A Once Crowded Sky, and Ultimate (his Superman stand-in) was almost too perfect if that makes sense.

He just pitched something else to DC. Could be a GL book or at least something else cosmic (got my fingers crossed for L.E.G.I.O.N. personally)

that Legion book Rebirth teased?

(its too early for actual SDCC announcements, right? because DC definitely said they had more Rebirth series coming)

You honestly don't deserve it.

No the book they teased was LoSH. L.E.G.I.O.N. is set in the present time and is a police force alternative to GLs run by Brainiac's son.Related characters of course but different.

>Would you ever consider writing for Marvel again?

>You know growing up I was mostly a Marvel guy besides the Bat family and Superman and I loved working on the Vision. That being said I think I'm in it for the long haul with DC. I really like how well their universe interacts and how you can see the ripples from one book impact another. For now I'm gonna say I think I've found a good fit with DC but who knows what the future holds.

Based.

Marvel on suicide watch

He's said he had even more fun writing Hal than Dick, so I assume he would like to work on GL more in the future

We're stuck with Venditti for the foreseeable future though

>I remember on a twitter Q and A he said that it was good because they're doomed
Jesus that's even worse.
Those kind of ships are the worst.

>Fuck Batman, I don't even want to write it!

no wonder that book is so lackluster

I told you guys, no smart creator actually tries on Batman.

>got my fingers crossed for L.E.G.I.O.N. personally
You and me both, buddy.

Ask him about this.
twitter.com/AcroNite7/status/756542233424388096
Source: The Killing Joke.

Yeah, good writers somehow tend to have shit taste. Look at Morrison's taste in music, wew lad. Or who Gaiman married.

youtube.com/watch?v=4RrkHmYpVAw
Top kek

JOHNS STOP TAKING ALL THE COOKIES

He really said he wanted to write Superman? Someone on Sup Forums once said that he didn't because he felt he couldn't.

>Never
You really think this? They didn't wait to give Snyder his own Superman book after he managed to become high profile enough. Tom King is the new DC hotness. He will get to write Superman somewhere along the line.

Stop user, my dick can only get so erect.

Guy's got a long career ahead of him, folks. Give it time.

I think that's essentially still what he's saying in the OP but people are misreading it as King wanting to write Superman.

Honestly. This is kinda true.

He's clearly saying he wants to but feels it would be a challenge. That's not bad.

>He says Superman is the white whale
>He says "Man I want to write Superman"

I don't know how that can be misread. It's pretty clear.

If he ever gets to write Superman I hope it is an out of continuity project. Superman continuity is in a mess right now.

Story > continuity

>Superman continuity is in a mess right now.
Current Superman is replaced by alternate universe Superman and his son.

Wow so complicated.

Just put him on to tell stories after preFP Superman merges with new52 or however they're going to resolve the current shit.

I don't know why they thought any of this was a good idea. Of course I would have just had Superbro and Lois elope to get the marriage back so maybe I'm just retarded.

>This Superman has no mythology of his own
>He doesn't know anyone in this universe
>He barely even knows the heroes of the Justice League
>The fact that there was a previous Superman is already confusing enough for someone who wasn't reading DC
>There are people really defending this

Yeah, this should be the best option. First they should resolve this mess as quick as possible so they can have a normal status quo, with Superman in his OWN world, with his own lore, supporting characters and friends.

I said "a mess". Never said it was complicated.

>This Superman has no mythology of his own
What the fuck are you talking about.

So describe what the mess is exactly.

Everyone knows that Dickfire is hot but Dickbabs is endgame.

>I don't know why they thought any of this was a good idea.

Well, it was a product of not planning any of this in the long run.

In Convergence it was really decided that Pre-FP and Post-FP were distinct universes with no relationship with each other (which didn't make sense anyway, because all Barry did was change the previous universe, not moving everything to an alternate one). So that's why they decided to bring the Pre-FP versions of Superman and Lois into current continuity, in a world that already has his own Superman and Lois. I don't know why though.

Then Rebirth came and Johns just used common sense and said "but Post-FP is just Pre-FP but altered by the events of Flashpoint". But Pre-FP and Post-FP Superman coexisted as different character. That opened the doubt as to who the Superman of the Pre-FP world (or the one in the Post-FP world) really was.

Do I really have to explain? He doesn't own anything in this world, he's an stranger using another character's lore, supporting characters and friends that don't even know him.

He literally just explained it. Current Superman is an outsider to this world. You can't tell normal stories stories with him. All of his appearances are about how he doesn't know anyone and doesn't actually belong here. It's a bad status quo.

He doesn't have a history with the League nor with anyone in this world. He's a stranger.

>Andy Khouri

What's easier to write than a fish out of water story?
Besides, it's not even what you're saying. He's been in the world for like 8 years and working incognito in the duration.

I don't even actually mind the two Clarks and Loises stuff but it is just clear that they don't know what they're doing with the Superbooks. They have not let anyone just sit down and tell a normal Superman run in so long. Like in the past 10 years we had an admittedly good stretch with Johns and Busiek for like 3 years and Morrison's run. That's not enough.

Khouri's books are 10/10, you don't have to agree with his politics to see he's good at his job

Get some taste you fucking pleb.

You said it. Incognito. He's not even from this world. He doesn't know anyone.

Fix the Superman status quo. Make him belong to the history of his own world again.
Bring back the trunks. A few years down the line this look will become dated and a product of its time. The trunks are the iconic Superman look.
Put Tom King in the books and see what happens.

BKV apparently liked Avengers Arena.
Great writers have shit taste.

his run on vision ended?

Not yet but it's a forgone conclusion, 12 will be the final issue due to sales not being good and him going exclusive.

Vision is actually selling better now

22k, 3.5k in trade, #4 on new york times best selling trades

I thought it was Cap lol

Why is he so perfect bros?

Did you not see his preferred Dick ship or list of favorite ongoings

It'll probably be something smaller. so it might be Legion. I hope it's Swamp thing.

Oh nice, I guess the Batbump works across companies too.

But I also saw this. How can you not love him?

Batman can do anything user

samefag, go back to read Squirrel Girl and Kate "the female Frank Miller" Leth comics

>samefag
No. Also seriously fuck off. He edited Omega Men, Martian Manhunter, Seeley Squad, made Percy's Green Arrow readable. He's a SJW, sure but he doesn't let that shit influence his editing. Know what you're talking before you start talking.

Forgot the pic

>polite answer which basically says "hell to the naw"
why is King so based?

he basically confirmed that, and thats why he wants to write him, he sees supes as a challenge.

Hope burns bright. pls

He always had planned a 12 issue run though.

Only for the first arc. He mentioned a second 12 issue story for the next part that we won't get.

I kinda wonder if he has the mindset to write a character like Superman though. A man who had its job must be terribly jaded about the world, he has surely seen some shit. Superman is an idealistic character, and King so far has written about morally ambiguous conflicts where good and evil are difficult to discern, based on his own life experiences.

How did he fare with his own Superman analogue in A Once Crowded Sky?