Does Mad Men get interesting later on..?

I'm 6 and a half episodes in and honestly nothing is really capturing my attention.

I really want to get invested into this show since I love character-driven shows and I heard this show is one of the best.

Fans of Mad Men, at which point did the show really interest you? Is it common for the first episodes to be boring for most fans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=suRDUFpsHus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It does get better, but if you're completely bored now don't bother you are just a pleb.

I'm not completely bored, I am interested in some things like Don's backstory with his family.
But nothing is really happening, no characters are very memorable.

Nothing really spectacular ever happens, it's not that kind of show. If you don't already like it right from the start chances are you won't like the later seasons. Maybe you should just come to terms with the fact that character-driven shows are just not for you.

Thanks for the "filter me" thread. I wish all trip/name niggers were so courteous.

the show gets more "eventful" starting at season 3 and the plot gets really interesting from season 4 and so on.

but looking back at the first two seasons, they're as good as the rest of the show desu

you're just a pleb

I realized I loved the show around the time he starts hooking up with the school teacher. Now that it's over I really really miss the show and can't fill the void.

skip to season 3 like a real patrician. all of these other plebs will say, "n-no, spend several hours watching the boring shit that is seasons 1 and 2", but you really don't have to. you can read the wiki if you're really that interested in it, but you can pretty much pick everything up by just skipping ahead.

In my experience introducing friends to the show, by episode 4 you know if it's for you or not. Try the sopranos, character driven and more dynamic, also by the same guy

Patricians don't skip. Having a short attention span is the signature of a pleb.

see what I mean
>n-no, nothing happens, b-but watch it a-a-anyways
pathetic

I miss this show so much ;___;

You really think "nothing happens" in Mad Men? I guess it didn't have enough explosions and people killing each other for you.

for me I was watching it and wasn't completely in love but still very much enjoyed it

but now I look and think back to it, damn it was fucking good and I miss it

Please don't do this

Same exact thing here.

>I guess it didn't have enough explosions and people killing each other for you.
who said it needed that?
seasons 1 and 2 are literally DUDE I'M CHEATING BUT I LOVE YOU LMAO: the show
it's fucking boring

>skipping anything in anything

hows that ADD you fuckign pleb fuck

>getting this upset
you know what would calm you down, autismo? watching seasons 1 and 2 of mad men, that'll put you straight to sleep desu

>no characters are very memorable.

Well then the show isn't for you. It's a bit slow early on but the characters are good from day one and just get better with time. Except Betty, she is intolerable throughout the series, thank God her role is cut to the minimum by the time she gets fat.

Character driven shows need time to build up because their quality is in presenting a realistic human experience to the viewer. You get your enjoyment out of the show by
1. Having a more and more complete understanding of the psyche of a character
2. Watching that character react to situations / other characters in a manner coherent with 1.

The enjoyment factor in 2 is directly proportional to the amount of refinement in 1. That is why the final seasons of Mad Men are the best: as your understanding of each character gets more detailed with time, it allows observing more nuances in their behavior

betty is worth being on screen in the early seasons just so i can watch with a boner

pleb detected

This show is literally garbage.

it's a reddit show for larper losers that wish they lived in that time period and be successful white people

I really miss it.

If only those quints could bring it back

Episode 9 is where I got into it on my first watch through. I used to hate all of season 1 but now I like it.

WEINERED

>hurr durr I have everything but I am sad because I can't enjoy it pls understand me and like me while I act as an asshole and self destructive guy while living the dream

And that's the entire show

this

it's masterful character writing

>Nothing happens til season 3

>This was in season 1
youtube.com/watch?v=suRDUFpsHus

I'm excited for Romanoffs. Don, Peggy, and Roger back together again.

Ehh I'll keep watching it, maybe it'll start to get good

True kino... true kino...

If you don't enjoy being a macho alpha fantasy fulfilment and are not mesmerized by conventional coolnes you will never enjoy this show.

Does it make sense to watch the whole series again. I want *more* of it even though it's over. Some anons recommended me to watch it all over again (I say anons because everyone I know irl that tried to watch Mad Men stopped watching it after season 1 or 2 because "nothing happens").
But if I watch it again will I just remember every scene and it will be boring or is it true that you really notice a lot of things you missed the first time? The only series I've watched more than once was Seinfeld but that's way different. I finished Mad Men about a year ago I think.

I've done multiple shows many times over, Mad Men maybe half a dozen times, and it really does get better every time. Pour yourself a whiskey and settle in.

>just skip the first 100 pages of the book, nothing "good" happens

3&4 > 2 > 5&6 >= 1&7

but it's all bretty gud

If you're not hooked by the opening scene then you're a pleb and there's no hope for you understanding this masterpiece

Pinnacle of modern tv. The fake reunion with his family at the end of the episode is equally devastating

What a show

SPOILING SCUM

SCUM PISS

Fuck off cunt, getting upset by spoilers is gay. Good kino stands up as good kino irrespective of even if you know what's going to happen

go watch the Sopranos

I might watch the Sopranos actually, my dad has been asking me to watch that with him for a while now

>uses the word kino

get out of my sight

Fuck u I'm German bitch

If you love Mad Men and haven't seen the Sopranos you're missing out. It shares a lot of the same DNA and you'll find yourself completely entranced a few episodes in. It's the only show i've seen that even comes close to the quality of Mad Men.

Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, and The Sopranos are in the same universe, bro.

I'm just being a dick; they're all good dramas.

>skipping carosel

nice strawman, cuck
there's a difference between literature and television

I tried to watch mad men when it came out like 5 different times, each time I quit after a few episodes because it lost my interest.
10 years later and I started watching it and absolutely loved it. Binged the show over a few days and rewatched it like 3 times now.

I guess when I was 19 the show wasn't that interesting but now that I'm 29 and have a little more life experience it speaks to me more

When it comes to skipping parts, there isn't any difference.

>mad men came out 10 years ago

It really picked up for me in season 2. Prior to that, I had started and stopped the series a couple of times- dropping it about where you are. Believe me though- it gets way better- one of my favorite shows now.

This guy doesn't get it.

try killing yourself

I was hooked after the first scene.

>also by the same guy

TRIGGERED

It's not

Finish the season. You'll at least be able to say either "gave it a chance and eventually got hooked" or "gave it a chance by watching entire first season, didn't get hooked though"

>I love character-driven shows
No you don't. The fact that it bores you because "nothing happens" is contradicting that statement, you fucking idiot.

>"I'm such an intellectual you must be a moron if you don't like what I like"
I guarantee you are some 17 year old social science/film major who is living a power fantasy through Don Draper, yet remains a shy virgin faggot with a room temperature IQ.

Season 2