Mark Hamill dosen't seem to like The Force Awakens OR The Last Jedi

>Mark Hamill dosen't seem to like The Force Awakens OR The Last Jedi
>Carrie Fisher dead
>Han Solo movie a public clusterfuck
>Episode IX from the director of The Book Of Henry (rated 23% on rotten tomatoes)

JUST?

They are not going to be good.

They are still going to make billions of dollars.

JUST

If you combine the purchase of Lucasfilm along with the budgets of these movies and compare that cost to the profits, how many more movies does Disney need to make to break even?

>Episode IX from the director of The Book Of Henry (rated 23% on rotten tomatoes)

You're kidding yourself if you think directors actually matter in these films. They're all designed by committee.

>implying mark hamills opinion matters about anything
>implying carrie fisher brought anything to the franchise other than cocaine
>implying the movie will be a clusterfuck without seeing any previews
>implying a completely unrelated movie score can be used to judge a different movie
fuck off retard star wars isnt your cis white male fantasy escape anymore

Yeah but look at the difference between between Jurassic World and say, Wonder Woman or even Rogue One. A decent director can at least bring something to a tentpole movie, Colin Trevorrow is a fucking hack. He's also writing Episode IX btw.

Also the "reveals" in TLJ are probably going to turn 90% of people over the age of 15 against Star Wars. Seriously.

Do you think any of those things will stop people from paying to see the movies?

Eventually. After about five years of shitty spin offs there will have to be some decline.

The Disney suits are such hacks they say Carrie Fisher role didn't change in TLJ and that she won't appear in 9 causing them to rewrite. It doesn't make any sense. These fags are full of shit. They wasted the oppurtinity of reuniting the cast in 7 and then pass the torch. Instead they wanted to shoehorn Mary Sue know-it-all and make everyone else losers including the villains.

Where did Mark say this.

I would assume he's on lockdown on saying anything at all about these films.

IT'S THOSE WHITE SLAVERS, IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT *sobs*

I miss him.

He just talks about how he had disagreements with how his character was depicted in the movie.

Leia dies offscreen in TLJ. It's the only answer.

This unfortunately

It's absolutely awful. She will probably die in the explosion of a ship she was captive in. Then we have a close up on Finn and Rey screaming Nooooooooo. Then Rey beats Kylo's ass again...
John WIlliams music kicks in

Probably 2. It's not only the movies, it's also merchandising and licensing that will grow the coffers at Disney.

He also said it was a "missed opportunity" that Luke and Leia weren't there when Han dies in TFA.

And he's right. What do we care that a negro and a girl go WOOOOAH when Han dies? They knew him for literally half an hour at that point. That scene lacks any real impact

Most soggy bait in history

the rule of thumb says you need to make the double of the budget to break even.
tfa had a budget of 300 million, so it needed 600 million to break even.
lucas arts acquisition costed 4 billion, so 4,6 billion in "expenses" and around 2 billion in "revenues" (tfa's box office).
so they still need 2.6 billion of "profit" to break even, probably less taking the merchandising and whatnot into account

The force is female, IE these children's movies are going to be awful

It's because the shareholders wanted that money back as quick as possible that they fired Michael Arndt who needed more time to finish the script. Instead we got a reboot for nu-males, queers and feminists.

Not gonna lie former Star Wars fan here. It's fucking hilarious watching Kennedy crash and burn. But seriously we can't let her get her hands on the Death Star plans.

They made back all the money in merchandise sales in the first year.

Mark Hamill had different ideas going into it. Doesn't mean that he doesn't like the movies. He obviously likes them. He doesn't need to do them

>Colin Trevorrow is writing Episode IX
WHAT THE FUCK
>browses wiki
>He has ((important)) ancestry
Oh ok.

This.
The movies are 2 hour toy ads. They could make their money back without releasing anything else. It would just take a year or two (or three) longer.

>tfa had a budget of 300 million, so it needed 600 million to break even
this might be the most retarded post I've seen all year

kek

Depends on marketing costs I think. RLM had a video that said the production costs are usually equal to the marketing costs of the movie so doubling the production budget is roughly the break-even point. Might not scale the same way with a super high budget movie though.

Disney definitely spent a shitload to advertise TFA. Not sure if it was anywhere near $300 million worth but it was definitely over $100 mil.

According to THR they'll break even after the next movie, as the merchandising is so huge. To give some idea of how huge merchandising can be, Frozen has sold $4bn worth of product.

Would have been better bait if you'd left off the cis white male bit at the end, but here's a (You) anyway for the effort

If Ghostbusters needed to make $300mil to break even on a $144mil budget - a claim made by the studio themselves - then it's probably a safe bet to say that TFA had an even bigger marketing budget.

no

Mark loves TFA...

>not completely dropping Star Wars after RO

They could have righted the ship but RO proved that they really have no clue what they're doing.

They make tons of money on toys and shit too. It's not hard to break even on Star Wars.

I doubt this will happen. What will happen is she'll survive to the end of the movie and in episode 9 it will be mentioned that she died between films. Some book or comic will portray her death without the need for Carrie Fisher.

Oh well if RLM said it then it must be true.

>If Ghostbusters needed to make $300mil to break even on a $144mil budget - a claim made by the studio themselves - then it's probably a safe bet to say that TFA had an even bigger marketing budget.

Studios LIE. According the studios none of their movies make money.

If the shit studios and producers said was true the movie bussiness wouldn't exist.

Movies like John Wick, Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow, half of the horror movies would NEVER get sequels.

CAN I PLEASE JUST HAVE A ROGUE SQUADRON MOVIE OR JUST AN X-WING PILOT MOVIE GOD DAMN

>Disney owns all the rights to merchandise
>you will live out the rest of your life seeing Darth Vader on shirts

Star Wars cost them 4 billion dollars to buy from Lucas. TFA made 2 billion on a 300 million budget, which is a net gain of 1.7 billion. Then Rogue One made another billion on a 250 million budget, which is 2.5 billion overall at this moment - which ISN'T counting all the merchandise and video games and shit.

Realistically they'll break even with the release of Episode VIII.

>Mark Hamill dosen't seem to like The Force Awakens OR The Last Jedi

He's just trolling. Actors are rarely allowed to say bad things about movies they're in in seriousness.

What are the reveals? the tree?

>Tron 2 was one week from shooting when Disney signed the deal for Star Wars and cancelled the entire production to focus on making these shitty fucking Star Wars movies

I'll never not be mad.

what reveals?

>we might live to see the day when young girls run around with darth vader shirts and have no idea who he is or what this weird "star wars" is

>He's just trolling
No you are a fucking faggot

Factoring in merchandising and licensing, Disney have probably already broken even

Rey is the embodiment of the force and the reincarnation of the first Jedi, the force comes from a tree, Skywalkers don't matter.

Chinks will buy anything

RO was much better than TFA.

>Skywalkers don't matter

Kathleen Kennedy might as well have just repeatedly kicked George Lucas in the balls for three hours straight. His take was that the saga should always follow a Skywalker in some capacity, in accordance with the monomyth.

This
TFA is the better made film.
RO has a better premise.

>JUST?
How would she be JUSTed?
Her goal is to separate Disney's Star Wars from the franchise's past. There are only 4 people who have the fan-credibility to stop her.
>She succeeded in forcing Lucas into selling, then swindled him out of any involvement.
>She had Han Solo die a nothing death in VII, so Harrison Ford is gone
>Carrie Fisher conveniently died, getting her out of the way and allowing Disney to milk her death for sympathy shekels
>That leaves Mark Hamill, he's talking shit but not many people are listening. They'll probably write him out within the next two movies like they did to Ford.
With Lucas, Ford, Fisher, and Hamill gone, it's Disney's franchise to play with. The replacement actors will be yoked to unbreakable contracts, the directors will all be studio yesmen. Anyone involved with SW going forward will be too cowed by Disney's industry influence to speak out or rock the boat.
To quote Obi Wan with regards to Mark Hamill/Luke: "That boy is our last hope." And with Fisher gone, no, there is not another.

>there are people that actually thought canning the EU would lead to a net increase in quality
>there are people that thought whatever Disney brought to the table for 7-9 would be better than the Vong Wars

>Episode IX from the director of The Book of Henry (rated 23% on rotten tomatoes)

Also the director of Jurassic World (highly rated and one of the top grossing movies of all time) and Safety Not Guaranteed which was also critically acclaimed.

I hated Ep 7 and R1, Ep 8 isn't looking good and fuck the Han Solo movie, but I still have hope for Rian.

That bitch Kathleen Kennedy is almost 100% responsible for this Disney takeover being complete shit, and thats coming from someone who WAS a die hard Star Wars fan since I can remember.

If she doesn't get too involved Rian might do a good job, but I think she is why everything has been shit so far and the sole reason the Han Solo directors left.

I GUARANTEE the problem is that they wanted to make Han Solo the fucking star and focus of the Han Solo movie, but Kennedy wants the female lead to be the ACTUAL focus of the movie, similar to how Mad Max Fury Road was focused on Furiosa rather than Max.

>The Book Of Henry
A FUCKING TREE

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

T
R
E
E

>oops

Who fucking cares? No one is taking away anything from you. You still have your memories, fondness, and original movies to enjoy forever.

You fucking asshats complain about everything.

Also there are a ton of retards in this thread.
>HURRRRRRR HOW'S A MUCBHHH TO BR4AK EEVEN?

Disney doesn't give a fuck about "breaking even", this is about longevity and the viability of their company to remain relevant in the future. The movies will continue to turn in huge profits, the merchandise and licensing as well, all Disney cares about is their brand and continuing to make it great for the next generations. Anyone who thinks Disney stays up at night worrying about how long it will take them to break even is a fucking moron.

Women have wanted to destroy star wars since the beginning. Now they finally have.

This

>bar is rolling towards the door
>i better make a cutesy cartoon face and shake my fists like an infant

she's cute, would do

>western civilization.webm

>Her goal is to separate Disney's Star Wars from the franchise's past
>shamelessly rip off past movie for VII and then do a prequel to IV
Hmmmmmmmmm

>TFA is the blander made film.

Fixed that for you.

are you kidding?

getting lucasfilm for 4 billionn was a fucking steal. he probably could have sold it for twice that. disney will be making star wars films for the next 50 years and don't forget they got indiana jones and a bunch of other shit too.

Yet the movies still make a billion each (and countless more in merch), and that's all they give a shit about.

>Mark Hamill doesn't seem to like The Force Awakens OR The Last Jedi
Didn't believe you, looked into it myself.
>Likewise, after reading Rian Johnson’s script for The Last Jedi, Hamill said, “I at one point had to say to Rian, ‘I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made for this character. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you’ve created and do my best to realize your vision.’
Christ, what did they fucking do.

Look at those beta numale cuck orbiters totally okay with the fact she caused thousands of dollars of damage instead of kicking her out and calling the cops on her. If that were a dude they would all be demanding he pay and getting the police to write a report.

>implying I'm not a Sup Forumsedditor who boycotted the movie the instant I found out it wasn't about the Dark Forces games.
>implying Jyn Erso isn't a piss poor strong womyn version of Jan Ors
>Implying Angela Harry isn't qt as fuck

Should have stuck to the Rogue One sequel they had planned.

why are women so weak and pathetic?

>Years later the prequels will be known as classics and OTcucks and nuwarscucks will be on suicide watch

Imagine if this was one of those gyms with a top floor and glass windows that reach from ceiling to floor and the bar rolled out glass and crushed a family of octuplet babies.

Yeah, that's never happening.

>thousands of dollars of damage

What, it's a fucking glass door. A few hundred dollars at most to get that replaced
The fuck are you on

It already is.

The floor, the carpet, the doors and hingers, temporary replacements, services, liability, insurance.

Shit like that is more expensive than you might expect. From the quick glance we get, it looks like maybe a $1500 job to me (including labor). Could very well be more; very doubtful that it's much less.

That Vanity Fair piece is gold.

>“The moment in the forest, when the saber rattles?” he said. “I go, ‘Oh, baby, here I come!’ And then it flies intoHERhands? I said, What the hell, she hasn’t even trained!

Rey Sue fans BTFO

>b-but she's Luke's daughter!
>even Luke thinks it was bullshit

>all the shameless episode 8 advertising coming
I really hope it sucks so they chill out.

Damn dude, relax, no one said they're worrying at all. Some guy asked how much and some people were just speculating for fun. Stop unleashing your autistic rage on those who don't deserve it

>TFA id the blander made film, but RO is even blander
fixed fixed that for you

Plus the other writer is his writing partner, who also wrote other dogshit like Kong Skull Island. This is gonna be really bad, isn't it anons?

We've had a rogue one sequel for years

CGI old Leia gets blowed up on Alderaan 2 Electric Boogaloo, by Death Star pt4.

STAR WARS
(1977-2005)
reminding you to press F

I wish Lucas kept the rights and just gave specific permissions to various artists around the world. He took the easy way out. I get he got tired of all the fan hate that exploded with the Plinkett reviews but he could've still saved the series.

I'm still unhappy about this. I knew Disney would bring something safer to the table, but I had hope it would still be good. Unfortunately that is not the case.

>I GUARANTEE the problem is that they wanted to make Han Solo the fucking star and focus of the Han Solo movie, but Kennedy wants the female lead to be the ACTUAL focus of the movie
I speculated if that might be the case as well. I mean two movies now have had English actresses leading them and now there's another fucking English actress (WTF?) in this upcoming spin off. I'm thinking you may be right and at a minimum Disney wants the girl to share 50% of the screen as a lead character. I have no faith in this movie and I will not bother watching it. The actor they chose for Han sucks anyway. Not a fan of Glover either. Dude just does not have star appeal charisma.

its always been shit t b h