Bojack Horseman Thread

Where did everything go so wrong edition.

Fuck man, this season.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yE2B_kCfvss
vulture.com/2016/07/will-arnett-bojack-horseman-why-were-all-narcissists.html
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469222854095.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please don't spoil it bro. I just opened my browser up

There aren't any spoilers in the OP

>Stamper isn't credited in the "Guest Starring" section
Am I just wrong? Is this not actually Stamper? Episode 6, 11:30 in.

Here we are again friends. Trapped in a series of threads for however long it takes for the pain to go away, and by the measure of season 2 that might take a while.

So before everybody gets depressed I gotta say the jokes were pretty on point. The Soprano one killed me (but it's okay I came back)

also a lot of background qt's thank you

The imagery is fantastic this season, moreso than the first two by far.

>Secretariat poster is a mirror. Bojack sees himself and so he likes it, but everyone else sees themselves as well. It's a subtle nod to the fact that Bojack defines himself by his image, specifically what other people see in him.

>He has a drug named after him that appears on his "epic bender" that results in a tragic moment. He is his own drug, and the flashbacking and blacking out are clear references to his inability to get outside of himself.

>Todd's speech about his lack of sexual interest is a broader statement about the toxic relationship culture of Hollywoo. Todd searches for good in other people, and doesn't look to sex as a release the way basically every other character in the series does.

>Diane's arm-break and abortion are cracks in an otherwise flawless mirror. For the first time in the series we see her progressive, outspoken "you go grrrl" personality confronted and tainted by reality. Her focus is on stories and journalism, but she ignores her own story and the consequences of her own behaviors.

>Bojack's daughter attempting to reconnect with him after Bojack finds Penny. Bojack's interaction with babies all throughout this season and the appearance of Mr. Peanutbutter's children and the child version of Todd, the death of Sara Lynn, and the new child star of Ethan's show are all references to Diane's abortion. They are all trapped in a cycle of self-destruction fueled by the selfish whims of others.

Best writing so far.

I know, but this was more of a general note for the whole thread.

I'm glad I found a thread here on Sup Forums because I was about to make one. I guess everyone right now is just watching it, so it'll be one of those threads where everybody is simutaneously watching Bojack together.

>Episode 4

This is amazing.

Shit, I was tempted to scroll over your black-out spoiler. I have no self control when it comes to spoilers.

Spoil more of that post son, I didn't know Diana broke her arm or had an abortion

>Todd's speech about his lack of sexual interest is a broader statement about the toxic relationship culture of Hollywoo
I think he's just asexual, it's not like lesbians are a commentary on how men are bad, some people just turn out that way.

Can anyone please take a HQ screen grab of The planetarium scene in Ep 11, with Sarah Lynn leaning on Bojack

Within the context of the show, it's hard to ignore Todd's goodness and general lack of sexual capers being coupled in one scene. It's clearly metaphorical, the way everything else in this show is.

That scene was really good. Was that claymation or something else?

Reminded me a lot of MST 3k

Good interpretations user, there's so many fucking things going on in this season I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I think the background might have been a real pic, but the silhouette was the normal style

My thanks user

Shit dog, Spoiler that shit

>watching episode 5
>You know what would happen if you give a mouse a cookie

You can't tell who he's sitting beside, plus the same shot's in the trailer.

Good point, I overreacted

>It's so sad that when you see someone as they really are, it ruins them.
This is why there won't be a happy ending to this show.

>Bojack does a better jo building a anthropomorphic animal world than zootopia

What did you guys think the final scene meant?

Also youtube.com/watch?v=yE2B_kCfvss

>No, not murderous robots... Women!

You know, I've never felt so much disdain for BoJack until this season.

I remember going in, the showrunner said that the season was about people not willing to helping you or actively trying to stop you. The only person actively trying to stop BoJack was himself. He was a real fucking dick.

>36 half hour episodes builds a better world than a 90 minute movie

:O

so, how do you interpret Bojack's speeding down the road only to stop at the sight of those running horses?

In the end, it's YOU.

Could be that it reminds him of Secretariat and makes him consider continuing with his film/TV career in some form, could be that it convinces him to keep on running and get further away from his past.

Bojack's gonna Run, he's gonna give everything up and just run with the Stallions.
he can't hurt people if he doesn't stop Running

Fuck, man, that scene hit really hard. I thought there was going to be a joke after.

Fuck, man, what else is there to say?

who was the horse woman who called pc asking for bojack?

That was Penny, of course.

To me it shows that he's finally ready to break the cycle. Note that the whole reason why he left the showing was because the child actor said that he wanted to be just like him when she grew up. He saw Sara Lin in that girl and it terrified him, he couldn't stand the thought of making the same mistake again.

One of his unaborted daughters.

>TODD DOESN'T DATE MIA
GOD DAMNIT THEY'RE SO GOOD FOR EACH OTHER

Who was that female horse at the end?

His daughter

Probably one of Bojack's many illegitimate children
it'd be even funnier if she was the kid of one of the Women Bojack gave abortion money to

vulture.com/2016/07/will-arnett-bojack-horseman-why-were-all-narcissists.html

>You've been open about your recovery from addiction and have said your show Flaked is drawn from personal experience. Would you consider BoJack an addict?

I would think he is. But for someone like BoJack, his addiction and consumption of alcohol and drugs are truly a symptom of far greater problems. Like a lot of people he is self-medicating. It allows him to escape and mask his fear and uncertainty. He has a lot of suffering moments when he’s confronted with his own reality, and it’s almost too hard. He can’t take it. [Mild spoiler ahead.]

At the very end [of season three], you see his desire to be set free. But he has to watch from afar and see what could be. It’s so devastating and heartbreaking. One of the ideas that I’ve discussed is if BoJack ever really hit his bottom, from what we know of him.

He's asexual. He has no sexual attraction towards anyone. He can still be great friends with her. I mean until she decides to date someone.

Todd's asexual man.

Maybe that gave him a sense of belonging and purpose? Like I dunno, "horses run, this is their natural habitat" kind of thing. Running is definitely a theme to the show, and whether that's away from your problems or towards your goal, it's not always clear.

>Got sick this morning
>mfw I could binge Bojack for all of today
Solid Season, Favorite episode was the Bojack firing PC episode
I called the ending of the season after the first appearance of her

It was definitely a reality check for Bojack. I guess more so than usual. Also another great use of the word "fuck" to help make the moment hit harder.

Just finished it before i have to go to bed for a 4am start

Wow those last 10 minutes

>that abortion episode
yeah totally no bias here guise
this is why I watch anime

So, how do we make Season 4's start as depressing as possible?
I'd say start if off with Bojack having gone missing and everyone assuming he's finally just killed himself and everyone but a choice few having moved on

I just love how his face says "I'm gonna rape you" and her face says "Fuck, I'm gonna get raped."

It's a larger metaphor for his bender and his general outlook on life. It's actually a positive image.

Bojack is speeding recklessly down the highway with his hands off the wheel. It represents his entire fucking life - speeding as fast as he can to the next distraction.

That he stops at the last moment, regaining control of the vehicle and getting off the road, is (we hope) a sign he is finally getting off the ride.

But we have to wait another year to find out.

>People going to Sup Forums before watching the entire season
I judge you people hardcore, and then you same people complain if the show got spoiled to you, don't show up on Sup Forums until you finish episode 12 and nobody would have this problem.

I'm a teacher, I'm not working yet. Binged the whole season today.

Wonderful stuff.

>that underwater episode

Shit was perfect

Of course it fucking does it is almost seven times longer.

man, I don't know how that'd affect Bojack when he'd find out.
for a person so obsessed with being remembered, having most people just forget about him would cut deep

GET DAT FETUS
KILL DAT FETUS

That was really good!
the end was the best though

Call center employee here, binged the whole season today as well. Actually called off work to watch the show. Just finished it a few minutes ago actually and came to Sup Forums. Shit was good.

Was about to fucking say this, that is probably my absolute favorite Bojack episode ever. Just too good.

Was it shit?

Brapp Brapp

It's not as depressing as possible but something tells me season 4 is going start off with Bojack running alongside those horses a few months after the end of season 3.

Bojack riding to nowhere, at neck breaking speed, and horses running much slower, but still pretty fast with a goal and purpose. And the fact that they run in the opposite direction that Bojack was going. This is pottery.

So Mr. Peanut Butter will be the one to ask the divorce this time around right?

Season 3 has done a better job at pointing out all of Diane shit then the previous 2.

2>3>1

>mr pb almost breaking down crying

PEW PEW

Woah there, buddy. You've misplaced 2 and 3.

Almost guaranteed honestly. Diane is going to write the worst piece imaginable about PB when she finds out that he's going to be governor of California

this
3 felt more constant throughout where I felt 2 had higher highs and lower lows

I'm loving the constant jabs at SJW shit, although I have to wonder if they're only doing it after the flak they got from the Diane/Uncle Hanky episode.

The woman who voices Penny also does a show called Broad City, her name is IIana. Here's a summary of episode 2:
"Ilana and Abbi resolve to be more responsible adults, so Ilana decides to lodge her tax return, and Abbi tries to source her own marijuana after being disgusted by Ilana's habit of storing their pot in her vagina."
What a world we live in.

how did diane get pregnant anyway? mr pb is a dog and she's human

Come on, at least pay attention. The abortion episode wasn't cut and dry. Recall the gerbil guy at the beginning of the series - he reminds both Diane and Bojack that being happy is, ultimately, a selfish experience. Dropping everything, abandoning a project, or just pushing toxic people out of your life are selfish things. You can't rationalize them away.

The whole abortion episode demonstrated that you can't rationalize anything away. Placing femininity on a pedestal is just asking for it to be made hollow and commercialized, like every other thing placed on a pedestal in every other season (Bojack, Diane's book, Princess Carolyn's career, Todd's relationship issues).

The ending scene of the abortion episode was one of the best ones I've seen in a while. It really nailed home the overarching point that Hollywoo represents death. Everything that goes to Hollywoo dies in some way or another. Babies, dreams, careers, relationships, whatever. It's a meatgrinder pumping out processed garbage to a ravenous, all-consuming public. Diane and Carolyn were discussing how to hide something new, to cover up their obvious misdeed and keep the grinder going. It wasn't a pro-choice episode in the least.

>the coat-hanger spaceships

The season finale was way too cruel, not only did we lose Sarah Lynn god bless her heart but the wound that cuts deepest is losing character actress Margo Martindale God bless her heaet

don't think about it too hard

>mfw

"What is this, a very special episode?"

>inb4 charolette finds out bojack stalked penny and goes to kill him

Also just just finished binging the season. Amazing stuff, so many little quick jokes had me giggling. can't wait to watch it 3/4 more times to catch all the stuff i missed. Underwater ep was amazing

>spoiler
Good. Cute girls help take away the pain

you're a smart guy user I didn't see any of that

>Margo Martindale
F

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469222854095.webm
I think Meow Meow Fuzzyface might be my favourite.

Did you miss the episode about Charlotte's family last season?

>le reddit horseman
>wow, such a depressing guy, just like me ;____;
Kys

>You will never pay an anthropomorphic orca to sit on your face.

I, for one, think that he is here for the wrong reasons

I was a little concerned too much of S2 would kinda take over S3. Like, I was glad (and terrified) at the prospect of seeing Penny again and possibly deer waifu supreme Charlotte, but that would've made this season feel weaker. Like it couldn't stand on its own. In the end, Penny was okay. Until he showed up again.

Oh shit, Bojack's boat is in the opening now

Here's your (you)

>yfw Someone in that 12 step meeting was recording everything Bojack said
>yfw that plus the fact that he was recorded in the college people find out what Penelope he was reffering
>yfw Hollywoo makes a large controversy about this
>yfw Reporters knock down on her door and harass her if she did fuck Bojack
>yfw Bojack successfully ruined her life

How does his pool works?
this deck is flat as fuck

>ywn have a quickie with a thicc manatee

What WOULD happen?

We even see Mia again, though it's in the past.

>What WOULD happen?
He would ask for a glass of milk.

hey man i'm feeling generous, have another (You)