What countries in Sub-Saharan Africa does Sup Forums think have a realistic potential of becoming developed in a not so...

What countries in Sub-Saharan Africa does Sup Forums think have a realistic potential of becoming developed in a not so far future? Any reasons as to why you think that?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
africaindata.org/#/title-slide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The yellow ones except Zimbabwe
The island nations

Why them?

Because they seem to be better off than the others

>Ghana
>Botswana
>Rwanda

Honorable mention

>Senegal

I've never seen Rwanda being mentioned in threads like this, any reasons why?

None... lived in black Africa for ten years, worked in a dozen countries and visited most of them. There is no way any country in Africa can become developed, because of both environmental and anthropological reasons.

Take South Africa for example. Mandela inherited a country run by whites which worked. Now, it's a wasted mess. Many of these countries were better off during the colonial times, regardless of the unacceptable nature of racial discrimination.

If I was the UN i would place any country under white's administration for 5 years, see what happens. It would be an interesting experiment. Nothing to loose, much to win.

That’s enough larping Sven.

Namibia

Very small and doesn’t make lots of noise

Malmo doesn’t count, obruni

I'd go with Nigeria without actually knowing too much about every single African country other than their spot on the continent and their capitals. They have a strong economy for an African country, lots of people that only need to be utilized right and even more natural resources.

South africa. Nigeria. Sudan. Idk about the rest.

What are those environmental and anthropological reasons?

Rwanda has one of the best chances at becoming a developed country as they've made enormous progress since their "genocide days" and they're trying to become an economic hub of Africa like Singapore.

He’s a LARPing faggot.

Kenya has a surprisingly large service sector, so they aren't as vulnerable to commodity swings as Nigeria or South Africa.

The Southern ones have the chance of reaching current Latin American like development. I guess.

These countries are normally rich in resources. This is a present from hell. No accountability whatsoever in government and widespread corruption (partly fueled by western firms).

On the human side, populations raised in warm countries are inherently lazy with no motivation whatsoever to learn. There is no food shortage cause the land itself is rich, so there is no stimulation. Additionally, Islam is settling in fast in black Africa, spreading polygamy and making thins worse.

>The Southern ones have the chance of reaching current Latin American like development
I guess they are doomed then

Most of Black Africa is Christian, Islam is (fortunately) concentrated in certain places.

All of Africa is developing at a steady rate.

LOS

Nigger skulls are smaller therefore they have IQs less than monkeys

bump

I think the island nations of Africa like Seychelles and Mauritius have the best chance. They're already quite developed.

But that's because their inhabitants are more closely linked to Southern Arabians as opposed to the traditional Bantu/West African.

ain't Ethiopia and Nigeria the only two capable of becoming African superpowers

Ummm, what? Neither Mauritius nor the Seychelles have anything to do with Arabs.

>like Seychelles and Mauritius
I guess you're thinking about Comoros

Arabs were likely the first settlers on both islands, believe it or not.

Comoros as well.

Neither of those places were inhabited when the Europeans settled them. If Arabs settled them or not doesn't matter, the people there today have no connection to them.

none

France. They still have some islands there like Mayotte.

>the people today have no connection to them

I disagree. I think if you were to DNA test the inhabitants you'd find considerable Arabian admixture

in 2011 Mayotte became a literal part of France, not just a colony/territory, similar to how Hawaii is an American state

no, Comoros is a shithole in comparison

>le pissed off face

Kys mexishit

he's talking about Comoros having actual connection to Arabs

Oh, it's just a retarded Mudshit. Fuck off, Muhammed.

>I disagree
you can disagree whatever you want, but again there were literally no people in Mauritius before the Dutch settled there, if there were Arabs before how could the Dodo still exist back then?

Rwanda and côté d'Ivoire

>settlers
No one settled there before the dutchs.
And if you think about discovering it, Phoenician sailors probably did during the first circumnavigation of Africa.

R00d

Mauritius because Willy Williams is from there and because they are the only Hindu majority country in Africa

Gabon

Why am I the only getting called rude here and not you cousin over here , too?

South Africa because it's one of the BRICS. It's something.

I’m surprised it’s so low, specially in English speaking countries, I’ve also seen a lot of people here claim that most people speak Spanish in Equatorial Guinea, but it seems it’s not that accurate.

Also, I wonder what the percentage is for the youth and if French is decreasing in Algeria.

He's rude too but I felt insulted by you. Also
>cousin
Kek, he's an American, as stupid and useless as his fellow countrymen.

There is no correlation between language and development.

French is decreasing, not by the number of speakers but by the use of it. Most youth are overexposed to English because of American series and movies. But French stay important since it's used in schools for certain subjects.

I've always wondered how many people in those countries actually are Muslim. I imagine most citizens don't know/care about Islam and it's just the state religion due to the government.

>It's been 70 years since colonialism crumbled and independence
>not a single one of the major sub saharan countries have established themselves as a developed country even close to South America

when do we admit Africa was a mistake

Um, wasn't suicide haram?

>The yellow ones

>populations raised in warm countries are inherently lazy with no motivation whatsoever to learn
But there have been plenty of successful people from warm countries

Ethiopia literally has no military, depend on foreign aid to feed their people and have actual mafia members running their country. Not to shit on Ethiopia, I love Ethiopia but it’s far from being a developed country. Nigeria and most west African countries are actually developing at a really steady rate.

I think most people in those green areas are Muslim, it's just that in many parts of sub--Saharan Africa Islam is somewhat mixed with the previous pagan practices, but I think this more like an exception than a rule in general.

>it's been 70 years that colonial nations stopped being open about their colonisation
FTFY

Equatorial Guinea because they speak Spanish

>speaking the language of their colonial masters

I hate how many cultures, languages and histories European colonization has destroyed.

You mean proficiency in French is decreasing?

Also, that poster is a notorious Arab Muslim diaspora known for hating on Latinos.

The europe in the 600s have a chance at being developed?

Yes, one day they will unshackle themselves from modern culture and lead the way with a path of blood and iron behind them, like all backwaters do eventually

t. Arab who genocided the Germanic Egyptians

Isn't unique to Africa, as I stated both S. American and Asia have shed their colonial yoke and produced some successes

Isn't hard to pull off some strong development when you've got a colonial framework already in place and eager investors

>eventually

>Germanic Egyptians

;^)

Ethiopia and Nigeria are rapidly climbing the ladder. Most of the Southern African countries also have a lot of potential to be developed.

yeah, it will likely be centuries, but signs of innovation slowing down while it accelerates in africa are already apparent if you've lived in both places.

Despite the contrast right now, the gap will converge .. at a glacial pace.

Who was Europe "undeveloped" in comparison to?

The Middle East was busy being conquered by sand chomping nomad warlords, the HRE in the meantime was on the verge of entering a golden age, the only backwater was Scandinavia and England and that was due to isolation, obviously.

t. Arab Muslim

kinda ironic

What are you talking about?

South America has had like 200 years to develop and what successes exactly? Chile?

>Who was Europe "undeveloped" in comparison to?

The entire silk road and Mediterranean civilization group..

Well I don’t think muslims have missionaries like Christians do

Proficiency is only very slightly decreasing, but it's use definitely is, mostly among current high schoolers and under.

South America never got exploited like Africa did. While the US did support dictators against the USSR, they didn't spoil South America of all of it's ressources while encouraging war in the region.

An Egyptian speaking and practicing the language of the Arabians.

They do something called dawah

Yeah, it sucks. If history continues it’s natural course and the Arabs and ottomans didn’t invade Egypt, I’d probably be speaking Coptic and be an orthodox Christian. Meh, Arabic is a cool language too.

Right, the Med isn't part of Europe

the Sassanids and Byzantines were truly nothing special, developed for sure but nothing crazy in comparison to the European civs of the time. The concept of the "Dark Ages" are a complete meme disregarded by historians.

they aren't that bad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

obviously hard to completely match the European standard

>the exploitation meme

Africa continues to have a ton of natural resources that are still coveted. They are controlled by crony ass warlords and tyrants because the people are too stupid and sheep like to effectively get rid of them and install a system of government and checks and balances

Africa is getting its shit together
africaindata.org/#/title-slide

How do you maintain proficiency stable if you don't speak it as much?

Why don't you convert to Orthodoxy and learn Coptic? Don't they have a program for it?

Namibia and Botswana will get better, while South Africa will get worse and potentially devolve into race war

Botswana is doing pretty good despite 21% of the population having HIV/AIDS

No war, whites will just give up and leave like Rhodesia

then it will completely implode

Comoros and Seychelles are most definitely influenced by Arab culture and genetics.
No offense but you're a stupid Mexican. Nobody would take your comments seriously...

>Comoros and Seychelles are most definitely influenced by Arab culture and genetics.
Post proofs, then, Ahmed.

the point that I wanted to raise is that Seychelles and Mauritius were literally unsettled before Europeans arrived, I don't doubt that there is some Arab and Muslim influence in those countries but that is minimal compared to the Western, Indian, African, Malagasy and even Chinese impact in Mauritius and Seychelles.
Comoros is completley different I mean around 98% of the population is Sunni Muslim, Arabic and French are the official languages and the mother tongue of most of the population is Comorian/Ngazidja/Ngazija (a Swahili creole), and there's even stars and a crescent in their flag.

Don't know. But how about Kenya?

Spain is the most developed Africa can country.

I suppose that's why the Renaissance started is Russia right Arvid?

Everything on the coast except Mauritania, both Congos and Somalia. Nigeria is already doing relatively well, and South Africa has the tallest building on the continent.

Paul Kagume is considered a benevolent dictator of sorts.

They do but nobody really speaks Coptic outside of Egypt so what’s the point of learning a language I can only use with other Egyptians when I can communicate just fine with them already? Maybe I’ll consider Christianity, idk.

Probably because no one knows anything about Rwanda other than that they had a genocide within most of our lifetimes. It's the first thing that comes up when you google Rwanda. It was nearly as bad as the Holocaust and it happened in a shithole country in the mid-90s, so you can imagine how great they're doing two decades later.

Why are you excluding Mauritania and Congo?
What does he do?

Congo(Brazzavile) is doing well tho

>Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania: likely to face increased sectarian conflict, but overcome it.
>honorable mention: Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan all of which are facing conflict to varying degrees, but in Rwanda and Burundi's case are working very hard to improve and all three (potentially S. Sudan) will have the help of the above list. Rwanda is far more of a shithole than this board will say and yes I share the Rwandaboo sentiment
>West Africa is ultimately fucked, even if in the current day they seem ok. Trust me they will get worse. Sectarian violence has barely begun. Society and government is not prepared for what they will see. Other nations in W. Africa, like Nigeria exist only because of continual quiet genocide that is becoming less and less quiet.
>Namibia, Botswana, Zambia. very developed, but AIDS and other issues are holding them back.
>Angola, promising future, internationally investing etc. good leadership (relatively)

Small States that are promising thanks to any of the following: isolation, low population, great resources (like oil reserves), good geography, repressive government
>Cape Verde, Eq. Guinea, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Comoros with Gabon as a first place example for actually being good without a repressive govt, though oil helps

Honorable mention for the fast growing nation of Ethiopia though they will get fucked soon enough

Democratic Republic of the Congo
>HDI 176 out of 187
>Extremely corrupt with minimal political stability (assassinations fairly common - previous leader was assassinated, and his son has outright ignored term limits for the past two years)
>quasi-war with Uganda and Rwanda, continual state of war since the dawn of time
>zero infrastructure
>being taken economic advantage of by China, who cuts deals The Congo has no choice but to accept which will pretty much keep the entire country in poverty forever
>entire economy is largely now dependent on the Chinese Communist Party

Mauritania
>slavery
>desert
>islam

They do have oil though, so you never know

I take back my statement about the Republic of the Congo, they look like they have a good chance of success

Yes, you are correct