Assuming they live in a similar universe

assuming they live in a similar universe...

who is more powerful?

who would win in a battle between the two of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YRCzEqkCoiM
youtube.com/watch?v=mJlmxYRrSLk
youtube.com/watch?v=3N9Tmp9k84A
youtube.com/watch?v=RlbARlVyRAc
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBQFu2qZas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Both have cloned themselves
>Both have created universes in a box
>Both have journeyed into the human body
>Both have mastered interstellar travel
>Both can enter another's dreams
>Farnsworth has developed (forward) time travel
>Rick can travel between universes
>Rick is an alcoholic
>Farnsworth is senile

I don't know, they seem pretty even to me. I'll give the edge to Farnsworth since he has dozens of doomsday devices.

this basically

pic related

The Professor's inventions are probably more powerful and well built

Rick i think is better at using science to get out of trouble.

So basically...
No Preptime => Rick wins
Preptime => Professor wins

Has Rick invented a finglonger? No?
Professor wins.

Something something infinite universes, every outcome.

he invented a portal gun

it's just not very long...

good point...how about the ratio of farnsworth wins to rick wins to draws in infinite universes

if that's the case, then you have to assume that the counsel of ricks would be able to form a more organized offensive against the individual farnsworths. unless there is also a counsel of farnsworths, which is not an unreasonable assumption all things considered

Professor never invented it either, it was a part of his what-if scenario

it makes appearances elsewhere in the series in non-hypothetical situations

^I´d say this

Rick still uses propulsion, Farnsworth LITERALLY MAKES SPACE MOVE THE SHIP.

Except Farnsworths are much, much happier with doomsday device creation than Ricks. The more Farnsworths you assemble in one place, the more likely one of them is to trigger a doomsday device and kill them all.

Rick would use science to run away, while farnsworth would forget where and why he was there.

Hand to hand combat, Rick would win because hes younger and stronger.

Giving both people time to create a weapon, Farnsworth would win due to the sheer destruction all his inventions do, even his harmless ones kill.

There is no real victor due to all the possible outcomes.

Rick is an insufferable Mary Sue when he isn't having one of his depressive episodes, so probably him

Moves space around the ship*

He could have made it, he had the ability. He just wanted to see the hypothetical outcome.

Plus Rick & Morty is pretty bullshit.

>Rick can travel between universes

You could argue that Farnsworth could also do this if he put the effort in since he did make a box to an alternate universe completely on accident.

Rick would win in a fight because he doesn't give a shit and would portal gun right there and shoot him.

However if you don't want to go with that scenario, Farnsworth's destructive potential is way greater especially if you factor in collateral damage.

Farnsworth has a better catchphrase.

youtube.com/watch?v=YRCzEqkCoiM

You have a problem with "GRAAAAAAAASS.... tastes bad" ?

oh rely... youtube.com/watch?v=mJlmxYRrSLk

>not knowing wubalubadubdub is a parody of catchphrases

it automatically loses because of that

Rick is just so much more entertaining to watch, so I'm going to give it to him out of pure bias

they wouldn't fight. Farnsworth would respect Rick's intelligence and contributions to science, whereas Rick would find a way to use Farnsworth to cook up some schemes.

>tfw I used to have to get up at 4am for work and used this for my alarm.

youtube.com/watch?v=3N9Tmp9k84A

Rick would just physically beat him up

Farnsworth's greatest drawback is that he's actually a decrepit old man. Rick is still very spry.
So ultimately if they got into a fight of some sort, Rick would most likely just beat him to death with his fists and Hubert wouldn't be able to defend himself.
No need to get into SCIENCE.
Also Rick seems to be a faster crafter.

Oh yeah. I learned how to create stars and deciphered the secrets of the universe just so I could duke it out with some random science nut on the say-so of some shmuck on this planet's lame internet image board. But before I start battling to the death for your enjoyment, your majesty, why don't you tell me why the fuck seeing old men kill each other turns you on so much and why the FUCK aren't you more ashamed at airing this all out to the public you retarded, geriatric snuff film-loving piece of shit for brains!

You're not real, Rick. Your life holds no value to anyone that matters but the entertainment gained by watching you fight holds some value.

Rick also has a box labeled "Time Travel Stuff" in his garage. I think he's either capable of time travel, or at least really close to it, even though one of the creators said they didn't want the show to deal with time travel. I still think it's fair to give time travel as a feat to Rick though.

I wanna eat some Strawberry Smiggles.

Well it also depends if the Rick we're talking about is part of the counsel. Rick has been in trouble before but since he's rejected the counsel, I don't think they send anyone to save him. We haven't really followed other Ricks in the show (that we know of), but how can we be sure that the counsel sends in help every time a Rick gets trapped?

You're right about the hand-to-hand combat. Did you see him beat the shit out of that guy in the microverse episode?

the professor has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he can manipulate time, just not explicitly by going /backwards/ in time.

the series finale for example, he was able to travel perpendicular to the dimension of time. surely that power could be harnessed with further research.

i've always assumed that he hasn't put his efforts into backwards time travel because of the potential damage to the fabric of the universe (see: tbwabb), knowledge that seems pretty universal given that nibbler also shares these concerns

I think that's part of the joy of the show. There's no actual danger (except for certain situations when Rick is screwed up like the episode where the parasites invade and he can't remember who's part of the family and who's not). You've got a depressed scientist who can do anything that likes taking his grandson on adventures. At least, the show was like that but they added too many failing marriage plots along with too many "Rick is depressed" moments.

True, but Rick gives no fucks. He would go back in time and kill baby Farnsworth if he had to.

Meant to reply to

>but how can we be sure that the counsel sends in help every time a Rick gets trapped?
I think that's the point of the council, though; the Ricks banded together to protect themselves from all the other enemies they have gunning for them. Since they're pretty much the only ones we've seen with the ability to travel between universes, they're not fighting against interdimensional enemies but just the ones in each respective universe every Rick is from. So if a Rick calls in for back-up and is part of the council, they probably get the help.

True, and shame on me for spelling council wrong.

So if we're talking about the main Rick, then it's safe to say that the "infinite possibilities" card is off the table.

youtube.com/watch?v=RlbARlVyRAc

Kind of unrelated, but this thread made me rewatch "Murder on the Planet Express."

I fucking love that episode.

rick does kick ass

Rick
/Thread

Cant tell if bait or newfag

Fucking this

How ironic, faggot

Bait then

What bait?

>yfw this legitly acutally happened in reddit and memey

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBQFu2qZas

Why would they fight?

I don't see a reason for one man to have a problem with the other.

A man can dream...

>hur dur hur you wont get a reaction out of me now let me post my response

Damn, I'd be out of commission after someone stuck their fingers in my eyes.

There's no main Rick, that's the entire point.

It would be interesting to see the characters in their prime. Except for the Tiny Rick episode and the episode where the Professor ages in reverse (and a few flashbacks), we don't really see a non-alcoholic Rick or a non-senile Professor. I'm curious if they were any more competent in their 40s/50s.

He's talking about OUR Rick. Unless you're one of those idiots who thinks we've been switching between different universes' Ricks every episode since season 1 because they can't wrap their heads around the Mr. Poopybutthole joke.

Yeah but then the question is meaningless because with infinite possibilities he will win some and then lose some. By main Rick, I mean the one the show follows.

We saw pictures of Rick rocking it out with Birdperson and Squanchy, though. Presumably that was during his government terrorist days. Does that count?

I get that it's a joke, but I think that in order for it to make any actual sense, that one episode had to be a different Rick.

Also, the Rick at the beginning of the very first episode is a different Rick as well. Morty couldn't disable the bomb so that Rick and Morty died, and after the intro, the show opens up with the Rick and Morty we will be following for the rest of the series.

They both have a similar level of super science bullshit, but the professor is too senile to be a major threat and will forget what he's doing halfway through the fight. Unless the Professor sics the Planet Express Crew on him and Morty Rick's probably going to win.

Farnsworth in his "prime" worked for Mumcorp, in particular.

Farnsworth has the fing-longer.
checkmate

Better question: who would outdrink/outparty whom?

Slurms Mckenzie

Is the professor an alcoholic? I'd say that goes to Rick, unless you were talking about Bender vs. Rick, in which case Bender would take the cake.

My god. Non sequitur. Look it up.

Jesus Christ our Savior, what's wrong with people these days.

>both have buried "their own" bodies to take their places

>"Good news everyone! We have intruders in the hangar!"
>"Also, you're reading this in my voice!"
>"Hazaah!"

it can be argued that most of the future's tech was created by farnsworth during his time at mom corp.

he invented the design all current model robots follow with the exception of the 1x robot. he invented the dark matter engines and most of mom corps tech

I get why it's funny, I'm just trying to fit it in with the show's lore.

I think Farnsworth would out-crazy Rick if they both wanted each other dead badly enough and had time to build machines to destroy each other. Rick would win under most other circumstances.

as far as the way the shows are written:

rick is a big time marty stu, there's no situation he wouldn't be able to get out of with some phlebotinum he keeps in a condom in his colon or something 'wacky' like that

the professor is definitely not immortal, he can, and has died before

that should be all we need. rick wins because his character is shit

But by that merit, Rick has died as much as the Professor just simply in a way that didn't matter to the audience.

This. Rick might be stupid-powerful but he does fuck up sometimes. Assuming we're following C-137 Rick though, he's not going to lose.

You clever asshole. Well played

Ricks do stupid shit all the time. He's not fucking invincible. For example, at the end of Rick Potion #9, Rick blows himself up like a retard. While he might think he's invincible, or prepared for any situation, the fact of the matter is that Rick is simply far mors traveled and knowledgable. He has died a million and more times; thats simply the way the show works.

What about the scientist formerly known as Rick?

How can you get a ratio out of infinity? :^)

question is how good a shot is farnsworth

That's what makes EVERY ship move in the universe. That's why dark matter is so important; they don't hollow out entire planet cores of the stuff just for kicks.

Wow I read this In His voice with with pitch perfect sound hell I even heard a bit of an echo too

Rick would think he won because his ego is so far up his asshole that farnsworth could easily get the drop on him or Rick starts fucking around with his stuff and ends up killing himself

So he's just another string of universes' space dandy.

it doesent make sense thats the point its not a joke about sci fi its a joke about suddenly appearing characters in tv shows.

also what does Sup Forums think of the sumer and mr poopybutthole mini that had its first issue recently

The fight goes to Rick. They're evenly matched in scientific achievement but when all that is spent Rick could still give fansworth a good old ass kicking

He died, then network tv wouldn't stop playing his movies.

Rick is consistently competent. Farnsworth is a shoddily written series of cliches. Rick would only lose by some plot bs.

I don't think Farnsworth is ever incompetent because his lack of skill. His incompetence stems more from his senility.
Like he doesn't fuck up his inventions, he just forgets they exist.

Farnsworth has a Smello-scope, he wins by default.

Where's Ricks Smello-scope? answer me that!

Here's what I'm thinking

If Rick can use Morty to hide himself by being masked by his stupidity, Farnsworth must be nearly invisible when he's with Fry, seeing as Fry has no delta brain-wave and is basically the universes most spectacular moron. So Farnsworth could get the jump on a Rick if played carefully

A Rick partnered with a Fry would be extremely dangerous however

They're not really invisible, user. That's just in regards to their actual thoughts being used to track their locations. However, Ricks can still find each other because of how good they are at picking out their brains' signals. Why? Probably because of their own understanding of themselves, I guess.

I have no idea why you'd think that Farnsworth would be able to track Rick for no other reason than that he hangs out with an idiot like Rick.

I assume he would be able to detect the brain signals of a similarly super-intelligent individual

again, assuming things worth the same in that regard, in both universes

>edgy science guy for the meme generation
vs
>lovable and charming guy from a show for everyone

Mhhh, I'll go with the BURRRP EPIC XD SCIENCE! guy

Rick and Morty have complementary Brainwaves, there's nothing saying that Fry and Professor are complementary.
In fact Fry is on a completely different frequency than the rest of sapient life since he's a product of paradoxincest

bumping for keks

Better question, Zoidberg Vs Morty who would win?

>shit taste

Zoidburg is a doctor
Morty is a wimp bitch

Why not Zoidburg