>ITT: Female protagonists that work well enough

>>ITT: Female protagonists that work well enough.

Margie from Fargo

what is this from
who is she

It's from learn to google faggot.

i tried fag

The Quick and The Dead (1995)

One of my favorite modern spaghetti westerns.

I'll probably get shit on for this but Annie from Bridesmaids

Rather than being some slut who has everything thrown in her lap like those Bridget Jones movies she actually is a fuck up responsible for her own bad situation due to her insecurities and the movie is about her trying to grow out of that.

She's just a cringey version of Harmonica

>>works well enough

Listen, I'm not saying she great, and she may just be held up by the sheer fun of the movie, but as far as female protagonists...she's above the curve. Feel free to provide a better example, it's why I made the thread.

Ripley from Alien and Aliens.

Just great

Did it even remotely matter that she was female other than the romance and making her a distinct, but not as interesting as the others, character in the duels?
As far as I remember not at all, but I haven't seen it in a long while.
In that case, that's not my idea of working well...

not as autistic tho

Does he skateboard into every scene or

I'm watching it right now, and I don't see any any romance in the plot. She has a camaraderie with Russel Crow, but that's about it. Her defining quality is revenge, and she does "well enough", not certainly enough to ruin the flick or make her less interesting. The only standouts among the fighters are Hackman/DiCaprio/Crow, but that's a hard act to follow.

Obvious one and pic related: she was never a Mary Sue despite being the chosen one and saving the world a lot.

Perfect

every cassavetes film with a female lead

>someday
;_;

I don't know man, she is the protagonist and I can remember the Indian guy better than her. She was not interesting at all, her "(wo)man with no name" gimmick didn't work as in other films and her being female was the only thing that was supposed to make her distinct.
But I guess she works "good enough" not to ruin it.
Lady Snowblood it is for me.

Yea, a female gunslinger is a hard role to fill.

Gotta remark on my previous comment, she does have a "romantic scene". It ends up being "Hey, Crow, we're gonna die, let's do something fun". Which is more then i'd expect, it's usually "im in love, let's make it out together".

Very comfy movie.

The 90s were great for comfy swashbucklers, and Antonio.

>>The Mask of Zorro
>>The 13th Warrior

best post in this thread

fucking kek

He uses Steven Seagal's Segway.

The Scribbler