What are some films about consciousness transcending the limits of reality?

What are some films about consciousness transcending the limits of reality?

lucy

Batman v Superman because it really makes u fink

Enter the Void

bad flick

good kino but there's no consciousness transcendence in it, in fact the circuits of consciousness aren't even mentioned

i'll check it out thank you

end of evangelion

is there any movies that actually look like this pic? I always think this looks pretty cool. Id like to see it in motion.
also any movies using Binary Beats to cause the audience to transcend into a higher state?

i guess:
Altered States
John dies at the end

The League of Gentlemen: Apocalypse

good film, although it's a little different to consciousness transcendence, it's more like an artificial omega point, but they do have lot in common.

>Altered States
Yeah this does work, wish it was a little less hollywood-ish and more philosophical but it's a pretty niche subject so whatever

is john dies at the end good?

I enjoyed John Dies at the End...but its not a good movie

All be called a weeb for suggesting it, and it's pretty off topic since it's a manga, but I just finished reading Qualia the Purple which is about this and found it to be delightfully fascinating

I guess I'll check it out anyway

I'll check this out too, hope it's not generic weeaboo shit

The Fountain

Had this on my watchlist for a while, I'll watch it soon then.

I'd say it's like 5% generic weaboo shit, 95% stimulating exploration of the grand unified theory

Nicely put, I'll start reading it tomorrow then

Kill yourself pleb.

unironically Dr. Strange

no

as much as i hate m*rvel and capeshit in general i was somewhat interested in this, but wasn't it more about using magic to break the laws of physics?

>current year
>haven't watched The Fountain
nigga what are you doing

I've been slacking, I only just watched the thin red line yesterday which was great.

Maybe if you spent less time shitposting on Sup Forums you'd be able to watch more movies.

too true

seems kind of interesting

Well he gains access to this magic by transcending reality.

Does it take itself somewhat seriously or is there non-stop self-aware "jokes" like all the other ones I've seen?

I loved it, I think OP will definitely be into it, you mentioned you were interested in "consciousness circuits"? I don't want to spoil anything but there's definitely a part where that concept is utilized by the main character to achieve her goal.

there's a lot of humor but I'd honestly recommend it as well.

Smoke salvia OP you'll understand it all

fuck it I'll watch it then, can't really be all that picky with this type of film anyway.

More so seriously with maybe a one or two self-aware jokes. I'd say it's worth a watch for the trippy imagery. There's some really interesting things going

theatrical or directors cut?

Whichever is more reddit.

Nevermind seems the extended cut seems like the best one