Essential anime kino?

Essential anime kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Ringers_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=TPp1GhuIP4o
youtube.com/watch?v=6lrl5Kj79u4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cowboy Bebop

I saw Akira in the cinema a few months ago. I never really got what people meant when they said "it needs to be saw on the big screen" until seeing it. Was a great experience.

Paprika

Grave of the Fireflies and Little Witch Academia.
That's literally it.

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't

There's one of these threads everyday and the same 5-10 movies get shilled every time. Why make this thread?

Wrong board.

Can't wait til Americans make a live action version and destroy it by making the lead a jew.

anime can never be kino, child of callemdb Even the so-called "great" ones do not so much as graze the aesthetic and philosophical heights of cinema and literature. It's a trash genre made for East Asian teenagers and white manchildren with short attention spans.

Patlabor 1&2
Hunter x Hunter

>scared of Sup Forums
It's like being scared of the 4th grade special ed class.

Akira
Ghost in the Shell and the TV series GITS Stand Alone Complex season 1. You can avoid the other sequels or TV shows!!!FACT!!!

The GOAT

Ninja Scroll my dude

>philosophical heights of cinema
Kek, filmcucks seriously think their art form has made anything of intellectual or spiritual value

>HxH will never get another anime adaptation in your lifetime

Miniseries when?

>he says as he comes here everyday trying to be part of the board
Lmao. Do you even understand picture related? It was Lars von Triers attack on Japanese animators yet with all that it's still much more subtle than anything they've done.
pathetic

What's the bottom left?

Paprika is alright but super overrated imo
Maybe I need to watch it again but I thought it was a cool movie that doesn't even touch the films it gets mentioned alongside

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Ringers_(film)
Cronenbergs best

Looks visually interesting at the very least, how does Eastern Promises rate in your eyes?

Like History of Violence it's watchable but disappointing(I've only seen it once though)

I agree actually, especially for aHoV, i'll watch this then.

Didn't know Kaiji was included there.

Are there any other crime/mystery animes like Death Note?
Don't say Monster, that show was mostly filler with a lame ending

what?

woah

>Grave if the fireflies
definitely.. although its the most depressing movie i've ever seen

if we're talking both tv and movie:
evangelion hands down is at the top of my list followed by
cowboy bebop
trigun
ninja scroll

and you want a full weeb stuff:
chobits
kimi ga nozomu eien

i havent watched anime in about 10 years in case you didnt notice. completely open to quality stuff, but 9/10 its boring AF

Ruruoni Kenshin

Millennium Actress is the greatest animated movie ever made.

Trust and Betrayal is insanely good. I thought the show was lame as fuck.

damn

Any current stuff with good animation and no moe bullshit?

you sound scared

Detective Conan and Tantei Gakuen Q are cool.

Gall Force is kino desu

they're autistic, but they're good at shaming retards and newfags

Neon genisis any good? Watched the first couple eps and it was just ok

Not that I can think of. Then again I don't watch current anime, every season I just go on anichart and look at what's new and leave in disgust with nothing to watch.

you got some kind of problem with moe?

It's a mixed bag, but the film is pretty special

The answer is always NGE

4.44 WHEN

personally i think it's a must-see. expect a LOT of psychobabble towards the later eps
then watch end of evangelion
THEN watch the reboots

Not just a pun.

It was called Shin Godzilla

NGE only gets good around the middle of the series

REDLINE IS GOD TIER ANIMATION

Iczer-One is the kino version of Plebangelion.

i guess I'm ok with that acutally. SG was fucking great.

this is correct

That is called "Betterman" my friend

why do these threads always comprise of the exact same 10 movies every single time

texhnolyze

>mfw redline

eh got me in a good mood

Area 88 (OVA)
Heroic Legend of the Arslan (1991)
Birth OVA
Black Jack OVA/movie
Black Magic M-66
Bubblegum Crisis
Crying Freeman
Cyber City Oedo 808
Devilman OVA
Dirty Pair: Project Eden
Dominion Tank Police
Genocyber
Giant Robo
Night on the Galactic Railroad
Golgo 13 OVA and Movie
Gunsmith Cats
Riding Bean
Hello Hedgehog: Domain of Murder
Now and Then, Here and There
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Ninja Scroll
A Wind Named Amnesia
Key the Metal Idol
Lily C.A.T
Macross Plus
Wicked City
Megazone 23 Part 1 (and maybe 2)
Kite
Mezzo Forte
Goku: Midnight Eye
Robot Carnival
Neo Tokyo
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Left out some obvious ones, but they're definitely worth checking out

I don't hate One Punch Man but everyone who posts about it on Sup Forums seems to be a faggot.

>tfw there will never be a decent berserk anime

A lot of people consider these to be low quality shlock. The 90s were bad for shitty OVAs.

Also how could you forget Mad Bull 34?

The '97 anime was alright.

>Grave of the Fireflies

Fuck you. Denying myself a catharsis-cry after that movie fucked me up. Fuck you for reminding me.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPp1GhuIP4o

is Death Note absolutely worth watching? Been considering it for a while

it was ok, i enjoy the animation minus the 3D shit more in the films.

It's good but overrated as hell
After a certain plot point which I won't spoil it goes downhill fast

It's good but the series should have ended at a certain point and they keep going.

tekkonkinkreet
Wicked city
Neo tokyo
Angel's egg
Jin-roh
kureopatora
Bavel no hon
Glassy ocean

show tits or gtfo

Like I said left out the obvious. Everyone and their mother knows about Mad Bull 34 at this point.

>A lot of people consider these to be low quality shlock.
and they're fucking wrong if they think that. A lot of what I listed is legitimately good or at the very least well made and entertaining. Was goofing a bit with Genocyber and MD Geist, but everything else I listed really is worth of a watch if you're a fan of anime or animation in general

If you like anime past 2002 then you'll like it. If not then probably not.

Grave of the Fireflies is just emotionally manipulative shit. I didn't cry because lol deadnips

>scene in eva where shinji is staring at unit 1
>eye manifests inside
>shinji terrified staring at it
>camera cuts between eva and shinjis eyes
>the eva looks terrified too
>shinji lets out a blood curdling scream
>episode ends

ACTUAL. PURE. FUCKING. KINO.

>anime thread on Sup Forums
>it's the same five shows/movies every time

eromanga sensei

:^)

Tekkonkonkreet seems like the perfect Sup Forums movie

>WAHHHHH you can't post cartoon on Chinese cartoon forum

Why else do you think Sup Forumss hates Sup Forums(Sup Forums) so much?

The first half is great!

The second half sucks balls and repeats the first half's arcs but with less interesting characters and more contrivances.

Just stop after that one scene halfway through. When you get there, you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll know it because you'll think "damn, that changes the game! How on earth will they top this?" Spoiler: they won't, everything goes downhill from there, and that's a good ending point for the series anyway, as it's the completion of most of the first half's arcs and is fairly satisfying in it's resolution.

youtube.com/watch?v=6lrl5Kj79u4

Like that anywhere on Sup Forums these days. A lot of these fans started watching anime n the 2000s. If you list anything outside of that you're in hipster territory.
The 80s/90s obscure anime kinda has a barrier on it. Either you're a hipster or you hate it for it being to gory/hentai scenes. Something like Kite.

Go look at the board right now. Dbs, naruto, aot, wan piss all 24/7 circle jerk generals. Tell me how the fuck that constitutes keeping out the newfags.

think ill give it a go. Sub or dub? Im very much a sub man myself the majority of the time, will only dub if it is of super high quality.

You haven't been to Sup Forums in a while huh? The right is is precisely how it is now.

sub. Dub is fine, but sub has some legit fantastic moments. Dub doesn't. Easy choice.

This is severely pretentious, even for a troll.

I have no clue. Either he's a genuine pseud who thinks he had deep insight or is just screwing with you.

Either or honestly. You're really not missing anything so it really comes down to your personal preference. If you have a dual audio version give both a try, and see what you like

This guy is wrong. Just mad his favorite character got killed.

You honestly think L 2.0 and 3.0 were good ideas? lmao, seriously? Even most hardcore fans admit they were mistakes.

I only understand the Fibonacci sequence in the top part of the pic, what is the rest?

>This entire thread

Back to Sup Forums faggots

Childhood is idolising Grave of the Fireflies.
Adulthood is realising Barefoot Gen is superior.

>Naruto
>Bleach
>One piece

All top kino

Why is this off-topic /wsr/ bait still up?

I will never ever watch Grave of The Fireflies again, but it is a great movie.

This is an off topic piece of shit thread but I'm gonna tell you to watch Gundam 0080 anyway

Pretty much

>Ctrl + f JoJo
>0 results

Parts 3 and 4 are definitely kino

HxH is literal trash.
Worse than Naruto and Bleach.
What is wrong with you?

I watched Memories (1995) a few weeks ago and thought it was amazing. First segment is best.

Science fiction anime anthology film