So now that DC killed Dick and Barbara's romance with the TKJ movie who should be Dick's new main love interest...

So now that DC killed Dick and Barbara's romance with the TKJ movie who should be Dick's new main love interest? His romance with Babs dying off would be great for his character I think.

Dick is gonna flirt with Barbara in Rebirth so it's not dying off

The only thing that could even put a dent in it is Dick being with Kory in prep for Titans movie

Babs is having sex with Bruce in a movie that is being played in theaters. I don't think Dick and Babs continuing their boring flirting in Rebirth will match that. It's time for a new love interest for Dick that can actually develop and be good for the character.

Unless the movie is canon to Rebirth, it won't matter at all. Besides Dick-Babs has been dead for years, didn't even properly happen in current canon, and Grayson was the final nail in it's coffin anyway.

Then all the better for him to get a new love interest. I'm just wondering who people think it should be is all.

The actual being a relationship thing has been dead since like 2004 but they tease it literally every time the two show up together
Hardly dead

>Allowing Bruce Timm to hammer in his gross OTP
Fight back, hombre!

Well, Timm had Bruce and Babs cucking Dick even in the animated series that was one of the biggest cultural sources of Batman, and it still didn't affect even one single comic, except for ones actually based on the DCAU.

Kory is the obvious answer going with history, but Seeley and King set up a great friendship for him and Helena.

I like Dick as the DCU's bike, to be honest.

>I like Dick as the DCU's bike, to be honest.
>Not the DCU as Dick's bike

Terrible user.

As for the rest of this thread. Doesn't matter one iota what some movie shows. The guy writing his book pretty much has him lusting after red head puh.

TKJ is a canon story though and some people will think the movie is what the comic was about and is canon too.

Midnighter

Kory, obviously

Surprised it took so long for someone to post this.

No, fuck you.

DickxBabs forever.

TigerDick is pure

>tfw it's dead
it hurts

Yeah right.

Them being together in the DCEU is the only thing that could put them together in the comics.

Power Girl would be fun, but I know it will never happen. Maybe in some alt universe in their comics these two could have a chance at a fun romance.

We could only be so lucky. Dick/Babs is the boringest shit. But yeah, it'll probably live on in the comics anyway because people treat it as their default option for no discernible reason.
Helena, Kory, Midnighter, and Tiger would all be more fun and interesting.

Midnighter's one true love is Apollo. Dick is just his side pussy.

>DC killed Dick and Barbara's romance with the TKJ movie
You heard it here first. A non-canon AU one-shot movie killed a romance in comics.

Remember when Dick fucked Babs and then invited her to his wedding?

Tony/Dick are not dead!! It can still happen!

The Killing Joke is a canon story though. It isn't really like Batman Beyond where it is its own thing. People will think this is how TKJ happened.

NuHuntress please

DickBabs?

I liked BrucexBarbara better from the DCAU.

Dick and Babs has always been bad because the only reason some writers push them together is because they're Batman sidekicks. That's it. So because of that they've the whole star-crossed lovers destined to be together forever and ever, which never worked.

Specially because they kept dating other people to create drama, with the implication being that those relationships they had were merely them putting their destiny to side, for the time being, despite being hopelessly in love with each other.

They're still doing this shit with the reboot, which is awful.

People who don't read comic books.

...Jason Todd.

This. There's even a chance to have them be in World's Finest as a power couple.

But editors seem to be allergic to fun.

>killed

because, y'know, things die in comics.

You do realize this is an animation, and not a Batman comic book, right?

Yeah, and people think Joker killed Bruce's parents.

That doesn't mean he did.

Anyone who cares enough WILL read the comic, and that's all the matters.

Dick is so schway

>midnighter not being with apollo

fucking disgusting

well, it doesnt matter what they think, because those people are wrong.

Black Canary. Green Arrow book sucks right now, so have Dick may his way through all of the Birds of Prey

he learned from the best

Jason and Kory were a thing in New 52

Jason, Roy and Kory were a thing.

It didn't work when Sefton put his Barbara and Tim fanfic into arkham knight and it won't work for an animated movie no one's gonna see in theaters

Everyone else he's stuck his dick in. Seriously, why are you guys so asspained about this when Dick's been the JL bicycle for years?

PLEASE DICK WITH STARFIRE AGAIN
i was so fucking pissed when the shit with Raven happen.

But the prologue to the movie is not part of the canon story. Casuals having misconceptions is just a fact of life, anyone who bothers to do five seconds of research will know that it didn't happen in the OGN.

Fuck off TT baby. Dick belongs to Babs and vice versa. Dick doesn't need a degenerate space alien waifu.

Lots of people are seeing TKJ though. Have you missed all the news stories about extra screenings being added because of high demand?

>Dick doesn't need a degenerate space alien waifu.

Reminder that Barbara wanted to fuck Jason Todd in BATMAN ETERNAL and fucked Luke Fox, Batwing, in her ongoing BATGIRL.

The only right answer.

Movie says otherwise , not happening mate. If DC green light this was for something.
Dick/Babs is FI NI SHED

I wouldn't mind Kori again as a reromance, you know? She is going to be on the same Teen Titans team as Dick's little brother (a team that he founded and as the leader of), so they certainly have reasons to show up in each other's books.

And then there's Helena, who I want more of after the way Grayson ended. She's going to appear in Nightwing eventually, and he could always appear in BoP, so this would be great. Plus, it would really mean Grayson as a story will forever be relevant as long as these two are together.

Aside from that, I just want Dick banging everyone. Literally anyone. The Harley Quinn story in the Grayson Annual was cute. With Orlando on Supergirl (who I believe is an adult now to line-up with the TV series and thus would be pretty close in age to the 21 year old Dick), this could be cool, too.

I'm up for this, but pairing Dick with Black Canary now would be suicide for whichever writer does it.

They weren't.

It was just Kori and Roy, and even then, after the DCYou books, it seems writers other than Lobdell don't even consider it canon. Kori only cared about Dick, Roy only cared about Donna. Rebirth hasn't helped there, either.

New52 Babs already friendzoned Dick, twice. She also said he wanted the batdick.

Me

>Dick wants somebody like Batman
Well Simone Barbara used to be a lot like Batman in that she was a cunt

Johns likes Dick/Kori I think and he's going ham with DCEU so maybe it'll happen there

So when was Jason/Dick a thing?

>It was just Kori and Roy
Don't ruin this for me

Supergirl

Morrison's run

I'll take more of it, please.

>Babs is talking about how they are never ever getting back together
>He doesn't respond because he doesn't give a shit
That glorious ass is too good for her.

His relationship with Helena was really nice in Grayson but I'll take anyone who isn't Babs honestly. He's been chained to her for so long when she's easily the worst option.

Wait what!? Why?

Babs was always the worst option.

Dick and Babs are paired for the same reason Superman and Wonder Woman are, or Black Panther and Storm were.

It's simple because they're Batman's sidekicks. That's it. Because of that and because there's no greater reason to pair them up writers always resort to the tiresome "DESTINED TO BE TOGETHER, BUT NOT RIGHT NOW, THOUGH..." shit.

So you pretty much have Dick and Babs flirting with each other despite dating other people. It's awful for both of them.

Anyone would be better for Dick. I vote for Power Girl.

The writer really likes Dick/Babs and tried to make it so Babs was before anybody else, and in the process somehow made both characters way OOC and couldn't even abide by how the timeline actually was.

tl;dr shipper cancer

Based Damian already decided.

I'm sure Midnighter and Apollo would both be very interested in a threeway.

At this point I want Babs and Dick to fug on the regular just so /co can be BTFO everytime it happens.

I would be down for this if Midnighter was unsure about how to bring it up, and Apollo turned out to be all over it.

Wasn't the Barbara and Tim marriage thing an alt ending? This movie is a lot more straight forward.

Outside of Starfire, Babs and Helena B. has he hooked up with anyone of note or just a bunch of forgettable nobodies?

After she fucked Roy I can't really take Starfire seriously anymore. Bruce and Babs is gross, but Roy is really slumming it.

Pretty much all that's left are random civilians he dates until their creator leaves and various heroines who kiss him
Also those times he was raped

Sup Forums greatly exaggerates his sluttiness desu
Grayson did more with it than a loooooot of stuff from before

brutal

face needs work, but that nice thick body is glorious.

Midnighter is OTP with Apollo, you fucking fuck.

The comics aren't going to be restructured around an animated movie that's half adaptation and half shitty shipping fanfiction.

I wasn't implying that they would be. It's just shows how pathetic the Dick and Babs romance is. Nothing Dick or Babs do together in Rebirth, or in anything they have been in together, will match the impact of Bruce and Babs doing it on a roof in a movie being played in theaters all across the country. Hell, it seems like no creators give a shit about the Dick and Babs romance outside of comics. So maybe it would be best to have Dick move on if outside comics no one cares to promote their romance and in comics their romance is beyond stale.

i like Kory as damis mom.

Babs is a cunt.

Yeah I think the idea of a former Robin banging space puss is a lot cooler than the whole violation of Gordon's trust thing.

Grail and him would be hot. He could soften her edge with his smooth demeanor and help her raise her father-baby.

Dick: Wally Come over

Wally: I can't, I'm trapped outside the muliverse

Dick: I broke up with Barbara

Wally:

Congrats, you thought of a pairing worse than Dick/Babs

What issues? I have a....friend who is interested for purely academic proposes

The issues of Batman and Robin with Jason in them

I tried my best.

That was a shitty recon happened in an annual.

Starfire
The two meme characters that exists oly to be sexualized should stick together

Also Babs/Bruce is more canonically correct than Dick/Babs, you would know this if you followed comics before Grayson

She wasn't going to be with Bruce either. She was created to be an independent woman.

That's a meme, right? You can be independent AND in an relationship.

Independent has in "not be attached to Batman or Robin like Kathy and Bette were".

>The two meme characters that exists oly to be sexualized should stick together
Then wouldn't Power Girl make more sense in that case?

>Also Babs/Bruce is more canonically correct than Dick/Babs, you would know this if you followed comics before Grayson
That doesn't make sense. There was already a Batwoman character that Bruce had a relationship with. Batgirl was created more as a female analog character to appeal to young girls like how Robin was to young boys.

>female analog character to appeal to young girls
Wasne't she in her 20s when first appeared?

she was probably older, she even got a Ph.D. in something during the 60s.

Also, in the killing joke she is supposed to be 19.

She was said to be 25 in Batman Family #10
But yes she was an adult when she first appeared

And adults can appeal to young children
Pretty sure batman was more appealing than robin

She appeared on the old TV show first where she was meant to appeal to girls. What Robin was to boys she was meant to be for girls. They brought her over to the comics later due to the success of the show and she was basically the same age as she was on the show. So basically an adult.

>Bruce and Clark get word of it
>They get nervous aroud Dick whenever the three team up