Now that the dust has settled, would you all calm down. She wasn't Mary Jane

Now that the dust has settled, would you all calm down. She wasn't Mary Jane.

>my friends call me MJ

did you watch the movie on mute?

>Thinks her name was Mary Jane Watson

Did you watch the movie AT ALL?

It aint Marie Jane but that scene was clearly supposed to be a reveal, she is MJ

She's just a different character that for all intents and purposes replaces Mary Jane and even takes her nickname WHICH IS SO MUCH BETTER

>that picture
Tom and Harrison edit when

n e e d it

>DUDE MY FRIENDS CALL ME MJ LOL
>that extra long shot of her looking at Peter as he leaves the room

OP retarded as fuck

Harrison is legit prettier than Zendaya. Probably smells better too.

Definitely, I mean look at this...

Compared to THIS

Nigger this is basically like the end of Dark Knight Rises where his name is Robin.

She's MJ. There's no Mary Jane Watson in the MCU because MJ (Zendaya) IS the Mary Jane Watson of the MCU.

please tell me shes at least gwen stacy
please

was this the blonde from the school news?

If its the same girl, its not gwen stacy
Her name was Betty something.

Betty Brant

NO

Nigger, are you implying that JGL was literally Robin? Did you go back in your mind and superimpose red and green tights on his character? Are you actually retarded? It was a fucking wink to the audience, same as this was.

Betty Brant. She's the secretary at the Bugle in the comics and the original trilogy. She did date Peter for a bit when he was in high school, but pretty much every adaption nowadays forgets about that because they want to keep her at the Bugle and don't want any SS going on in their movie. Maybe her being a teen will change that.

>>that extra long shot of her looking at Peter as he leaves the room

literally lp, bros

Robin was Batman in the comics at the time, so him becoming Batman was more than that. She's MJ let it go.

LMAO SO SHE'S SOMETHING LIKE "MARIA SANTANA DE LOS JUGOS WATSÓN" OR MJ FOR SHORT?
THIS MIGHT AS WELL BE A Sup Forums PARODY OF DIVERSITY
THIS IS AKIN TO SAYING JAMAL BOND FOR A BLACK GUY

>tfw she was 100% perfect and they made her betty fucking brant

>literally checking dat ass

What part of ANY of those movies had ANYTHING to do with what was going on in the comics at the time? Also, literally no it wasn't. The Grayson Batman arch ended years before DKR. DKR was released during the New 52.

Rice 2 nice for capeshit anyways, I hope her role is as small as possible and she does more kino instead

They do this type of shit all the time in comics. There are several different similar yet different universes and shit co-existing. Not exactly out of place.

who is this dude?

Harry Osborne?

I thought the fat kid is Peter's best friend

I actually think her tomboyish style is very charming, and at the very least more reserved than the standard white girl SJW.
She's got a classic "tough girl" exterior which in reality begets a classically sweet girl who'll hang off your arm like you're Fabio himself, giving you the look of the lamb; and she won't hesitate to kick beta-male orbiters in the nuts for approaching her while she's taken cuz she ain't no bullshitting queen whore.

It's a tragic irony that she would end up in the exact situation that will prompt endless masses of Sup Forums crusaders - overcompensating antitheses to white knights - to shit in her mouth, when she's exactly the sort of lady you'd always wanted.

But maybe I'm wrong, and she just looks like my ex-girlfriend.
Still kills me. Anybody else catch feels like these?

I want to fucking slap her.

Tom Holland's boyfriend
I wish he was Harry Osborne though, he'd be perfect. Maybe he still could be, or maybe that'd be a pipe dream.

>tfw a girl(or trap?) will never look at you like this
why even live bros

nobody cares, dude is turbo gay, he likes the fat chink guy

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney/Sony pushed the actor to lose a bunch of weight to play up the evolution of the character.

It was a bit strange how Aunt May didn't really seem surprised to see him naked in front of tubs

Craig Charles

Her name is Michelle Gonzalez who is also in the comics with a different role. Her saying her nickname is MJ is what I believe to be a tease to the fans saying she will be the main romantic interest in the film.

So they're going to have hate-sex all day erryday? Could be cool.

Saw the movie last night. Here's my spin on things if anyone cares which you don't you fucking ass-holes.
I actually liked the character a little, as i think a lot of people did. I didn't feel any romantic chemistry between her and peter and honestly getting the girl who played Betsy to just have been playing Gwen and have her crushing on Peter or something would've been way better.
But the Michelle character was actually pretty well done and she really won me over when she flipped off peter at the homecoming dance. She felt like an edgy character that wasn't try hard or over done, which is near impossible to pull off so well done.

In terms of the "Built by slaves" moment it's honestly not that bad. It isn't overly played up, used for comedic affect and also is there to establish why she's on the ground when Spider man arrives to tell him where his friends are. It isn't even like all the black people protest it, there are two other blacks on the team that willingly go up to tower as they don't give a fuck. It makes sense for Michelle character to care about that shit, and even then she doesn't have an edgy "dear white people" style rant. Honestly it was tastefully done.

The big problem with the character is the MJ reveal. While i would much rather have an authentic, red haired, adaptation of MJ as the characters look is, in my opinion very iconic, that isn't the problem. The problem is that this character is NOT Mary Jane, in many ways. They straight up establish in the movie that this characters name is Michele not Mary so its a new character which is fine. But it also establishes Michelle as her own, interesting and well portrayed character. So why bog that character down by making her the "MJ". It feels so shoehorned. This new character shares barely any similarities to Mary Jane so whats the point? Make her, her own new character that can stand up with the likes of other well known characters? This is the most Sony thing they could've done.

I can't wait for "One more day" to happen

>capeshit