Black Panther has a fucking LINE now: World of Wakanda

Couple this with the new Strange spin offs and its glad to see other charcters get 'Batman families" like Spider-Man, Supes and Bats do.

nytimes.com/2016/07/23/books/black-panther-marvel-comics-roxane-gay-ta-nehisi-coates-wakanda.html?_r=0

I'm just stating the obvious, but it's patently clear that the only reason Marvel is doing this is because of this race hustler and his fucking book.

I mean, that's great and all.

But the main black panther book is just "okay". Do they really have the content for this?

Family lines are retarded unless they're huge like those three and BP is not anywhere near that big

Who gives a fuck about Wakanda without the big nig, especially when the writer is only known for being a "black feminist critic"

thick chick in green is hot tho.

dick is interested

Actually, they're doing it because they have a plethora of B-List Superheros that could be extremely popular if they only spread information and awareness of the character.

Remember, Iron Man has only been an A-Lister for 9 years. This shit works.

Most of marvel's high selling characters have 2 books this isn't surprising

I bought Black Panther #1 at release and still haven't read it yet.

Marvel
>we don't want any comic book writers writing our Black Panther comic books

I'm sure they'll pick up other black writers, like Hudlin for it.

Marvel gone crazy.
I was kind of just laughing at people when they said Marvel NOWer was going to be their DCYou, but this is ridiculous. Do they really think they can sell two Black Panther books? I mean, I get the whole Solo, Slapstick and Foolkiller thing, you are trying to get a new Deadpool going after the movie was such a hit, but this is just hilarious.

Or whites

He's never been more popular, if you're going to try now is the time, unless they want to wait until the movie.

>He's never been more popular
And the reason for that is goddamn fucking Ta-Nehisi "I'M BLAAAACK!!!! I'M OPRESSEEEEED" Coates.

>no Afrocentric urban fantasy title featuring Shuri in the role of Queen of the Dead travelling the continent fighting witches and beasts from folklore adapting to a changing world
>no cynical Killmonger title featuring him navigating business, politics, and conflicts for the benefit of Wakanda and himself, but never T'Challa
>no M'Baku title that focuses on his struggle as the leader of an oppressed religious minority beset on all sides by violence, manipulation, and misinformation

It's funny because you probably listen and read shit done by while people talking about how minorities are ruining everything and how the white man is being subjugated.

His book is selling great so I don't see what's wrong with them doing this

Were you guys bitching like this when they announced the 2nd doctor strange book?

>no Achebe just fucking shit up everywhere and annoying everyone

That'd be great. Do it extremely black comedy and splatterstick.

>they'll pick up other black writers
Literally race segregation holy fuck

This is exciting. I really like those characters in Coates BP

No I don't.

Black things scare comic book fans. Bucky becomes Captain America no problem Falcon does the same suddenly it's a problem

It happens with black led media.

There are a multitude of reasons why Captain Falcon wasn't well received beyond racism.

Wanna share

shitty writing

It stripped Sam of his identity at the then peak of his popularity, instantly relegating him to being the substitute version of another hero.

Costume is terrible. Colors are blotchy, it's full of unnecessary lines and piping, keeping the arm mounted wings means the shield is always fucking with the lines, making the design asymmetric and undynamic.

Spencer is wearing his politics on his sleeve without a shred of nuance and his inconsistent use of humor leads to random tonal shifts.