Anyone else get confused watching British shows?

Anyone else get confused watching British shows?

Why do they have so many currencies like pound, quid, and euro?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-developing-nation-regressing-economy-poverty-donald-trump-mit-economist-peter-temin-a7694726.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Back to whence you came plebbit

Because yurop sucks

>haha look at me im so timid and awkward and bad with women haha laugh at me please

every british comedy

I'd watch Peep Show any day over autistic American shows like Modern Family or Big Bang Theory.

after watching peep show in 4 days, I guarantee you it is bad, unless you are a beta.
all you get in 1 episode is 2 betas trying desperately to give pleasures to a few women. then the women get bored get their harmless fun from the other beta or some secondary character.

i get confused watching American shows. someone will get gut-shot and will die slowly and in hideous pain, or they'll be run down by a monster truck and be wrapped screaming around the rear axle.. and there's a laugh track running the whole time.

every American comedy

>it's a mark pronounces yogurt "yah-gert" 15 times in the same minute episode!!

>ALLO GUVNAH, MAY OI GEHT A POUND O' SHRIMPS?
>OI ALROIGHT THATLL BE 6 POUNDS

>mark pronounces croissant as Kwah-soh
Guess it fits in with the character being an insecure loser.

lol. When I was younger, I went to a Mexican family's birthday party for their kid. I didn't know the family; just went as a friend of a friend. Me being the ultra beta pc faggot I used to be, every time the subject of Mexico came up, I pronounced it, "ME-hico". I can relate.

Pound and quid are the same thing: "quid" is a slang term, like "buck" in America. And they currently use both the pound and the Euro because of the EU.

And if the current state of things confuses you, you'd be totally lost with anything pre-decimalization.

Today, 1 pound = 100 pence (commonly "p").

Before the early 1970s, 1 pound = 20 shillings (sometimes "bob", abbreviated "/," or "s," as "/" was also sometimes used as a unit separator), or 240 pence (then abbreviated "d" for denarius, the notionally equivalent ancient Roman coin; for the similar reasons, the symbol "/" is called "solidus," after another Roman coin). Simple math will tell you that 1/ = 12d. There were also crowns (5/), half-crowns (2/ 6d), florins (2/), 6d (sixpence or "tanner"), 4d (groat), 3d (threepence, often pronounced "thruppence," or "throopence"; also called a three-penny bit), and 2d (pronounced "tuppence") coins, as well as fractions of a penny: the halfpenny (commonly pronounced as "haypenny") and the farthing(¼d), and at one point, there was also the ⅛d (called a mite. hence the "Parable of the widow's mites" in the King James and Douay Bibles). To further complicate matters, for a long time, the main gold coin was not the pound, but the guinea, which was worth slightly more (21/ or £1 1/, to be exact). The mark was also used as a unit of account (though never a coin in Britain) at points, equal to two thirds of a pound (13/ 4d or 160d).

American here, BTW.

>American buys a drink
>The liquid is measured in ounces

>he needs everything to be decimal because he apparently can't handle math that any nine-year-old should be able to do
Besides, bottled drinks in America usually list both "English" and metric capacity.

And the U.K. still uses Imperial measures for serving alcohol (though the Imperial pint is nearly 25% bigger than its American counterpart, and the Imperial fluid ounce is very slightly smaller).

>they currently use both the pound and the Euro because of the EU.

>tfw your favorite British comedy is Bottom
>you always get called a pleb for liking it because it's slapstick
>liking the mediocre and boring Mitchell and Webb shows is considered patrician

>iconic American characters
>played by Brits, Aussies and Germans

You're so alpha you troll through Sup Forums threads on a bengali yak herding website to make fun of people.

I get confused sometimes watching Canadian shows when they say dollar. Is it a American Dollar or a Canadian dollar? There is a big difference.

>that pic
who cares?

Brexit isn't complete yet.

As it stands, the Euro is accepted in the U.K. only in a limited capacity (mostly tourist-oriented outfits). Post-Brexit (if it ever actually happens at this rate), who knows?

what kind of football team is named arsenal anyways

arsenal what?

arsenal badgers?

>American goes for a walk
>distance is measured in furlongs

Back from*
Fucking murricans

>Watch British Tele
>Everyone starts chanting death to Israel
>Al Quds will soon be conquered
>Corbyn runs up on stage and beheads a Jewish reporter

Bottom is elder god tier

I love Mitchell and Webb too though

>everyone asking for fags and spliffs
Britland is truly a strange place

I get confused watching Japanese shows. Like they're talking about their weekly allowance being 10,000 yen are they all just fucking loaded

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-developing-nation-regressing-economy-poverty-donald-trump-mit-economist-peter-temin-a7694726.html

I'm American and don't understand this, either. Personally, I use Euro style (but spelling out the month to avoid confusion, so for instance I'd mark today as 8 July, 2017, when writing out a check or dating a letter) for most purposes, and Japanese style in certain instances (as in a computer file where I might want to sort entries by date).

All their teams are like this. Really weird.

>OI M8 OILL GIVE YA 50 QUID FOR 20 STONE OF THAT SHITE
Fucking limeys

But Arsenal does have a nickname: the gunners.

just remember that "fanny," does NOT mean butt over there: it means "pussy."

>character crosses the same furlong as another character

>Hey I'm walkin' here!

>British comedy is Bottom
laugh track

As an American I would justify this as a result of how important each part of the calendar is. The month implies the most information (season, weather, events, etc) whereas day is generally only useful when associated with a month. Year of course is used even less than either. The issue is assuming that the arrangement is based on length of measurement rather than importance of implied information.

No, "to" works as well.

Peep Show jumped the shark when Mark had a kid

1-4>6>7>9>>>>Why was 8 so unwatchably bad?

Too much focus on Dobby, who at that point was an irredeemably shit character.

Was The Ambassadors any good? I remember watching the first episode and not being impressed.

Try spending that shit in Bolton see how far it gets you

whence is past tense retard.

>Bolton
>implying any tourist or other human entity has any reason to be there

Damn blood...

get out

mmm hannahs cun

>"ME-hico"
it's merico

Would y'all keep it down? We're trying to watch good movies over here.

>merico

Umm, it's "Tes-co" sweetie

community and rick and morty faggot. R&M is constantly thrown in bad light because of it's shitty fans, but Dan Harmon never dissapoints

We don't use the Euro. We rejected it because we didn't want to be tied to a shitty shared currency. Worked out pretty well.

>tfw you fucked a girl that looked like Effy and a girl that looked like Cassie at 17

Literally only did it because I wanted to be like Skins, the Effy girl even developed a drug problem a few weeks after I fucked her

>thrupenny bits

except the other main character who manages to repeatedly bag really hot women despite being a manchild

liquid should be measured in volume not weight you fucking spastic... we drink pints which is halff a quart, or 4 gills, or 34.677429099 cubic inches of beer/lager/vodka, or 20 oz - but they're all retarded measurements when referring to drinks.

typically we don't, but there's a lot of shops in london (where peep show is set) which will take euros

they're also fine as tender for drug dealers and whatnot

i don't remember where in peep show they use euros though, i think OP was just baiting

I don't think I'd count Sophie and Dobby as particularly "hot"

the 'other main character' to the post i was replying to being jeremy, if that wasn't clear

>As an American
Stopped reading right there.

Soz, didn't read it properly

Ah, I'm a northerner so I don't go to London much, must be because of all the tourists.

I think Mark mentions it quite a bit when he talks politics with Jeremy, but it's often only fleeting and only as confusing as mentioning dollars, as they never actually use euro.

>And they currently use both the pound and the Euro because of the EU.

Its just measured differently, 10,000 yen isn't much.

what's wrong with pronouncing words authentically?

Why are brits so godamned ugly?

Your not wrong but im still right

than what is young ones?

>haha look at me im so timid and awkward and bad with women haha but good thing this 10/10 girl thinks that's cute and is into fat guys

every american comedy

Pound sterling is probably older than your country.

both terrible