Explain the difference between Hispanic and Latino in terms of race, not culture

Explain the difference between Hispanic and Latino in terms of race, not culture

Let's see who knows anything about race

Hispanic is a combination of Arabic and Celtic.

Latino in your terms would be someone indio that talks spanish.

How about Mexican and East African?

>Indio
Indio is an insult. Everyone's mixed

Mexican would be Latino. Latino is diverse in skin colors, it would be almost like a cultural stereotypical way to call a south american. So in your case Mexicans are latinos.

Eastern Africa... Don't really know.

Indio is a mix... Of south american natives with hispanics.

Who the fuck cares. Beaners are all trash.

What about spain or the colonist?

You fucking idiot just kys

I thought those were mestizos?

Hispanic means Spanish blood

Mestizo is a combination of Indio and zambo.

This picture offends me. Please delete it.

Well, the spanish blood is a combination of Celtic and Arabic origins.

>hispanic
not white
>latino
not white

Mestizos are products of all Spaniard race mixing with brown people

So
Mexico=Latino
Central America=?
South America=Indios
No

The main hispanics are white though because the main hispanics are white spaniards in Europe

but however, not all hispanics are white due to the ones you see at home depot practically being indians due to them being products of race mixing, they are Mestizos.

Don't you have some muslim cock to be sucking on? Don't talk about something if you don't know what it is.

Central America are indios too.

Cool. You learn something new everyday

>spaniard
>white
Pick one. Nobody below 45 degrees is even semi white. Real whites are 55 degrees and above

>Nobody's white because I say so
Autism

This is not white according to Sup Forums.

People with any color that Isn't blue is not white according to Sup Forums

eye color*

Latino means Latin/from Latin America

Hispanic means they speak Spanish as their first language.

Spaniards are hispanics and latino in the broadest sense, but not in the narrowest/American sense.

Brazillians are latino in both the broadest and the narrowest sense, but not hispanic.

The French are neither hispanic nor latino in the narrowest sense, but they are latino in the broadest sense (having a Latin-derived culture)

Neither latino nor hispanic is related to race. The word you're looking for is "mestizo", which is a term the Spaniards used to designate a mixture between white Spaniards and the natives of Meso-America.

What do I win?

i don't know nor care

A cat

Wrong as fuck. Mestizo= White+ Native american. Zambo= Black+ Native American (worst possible combination). Indio= amerindian

Nordics are practically white apes

Spanish blood will get you labeled hispanic in america

Mexico= Latino
Central America= Latino
South America (without guyanas and suriname) = Latino
Spanish (and possibly french) speaking Caribbean= Latino

To me it seems these words are often interchangeable. I am not brown and I cannot speak spanish but many in my immediate family would classify as Latino including my dad. Yet hispanic would also apply.

I just wish America would just use one catch all term for this shit. In reality most hispanics/latino are mixed race people.

Only Albino level melanin is white

All the rest are niggers, I'm sorry to break it to you Sup Forums but it's the truth.

Hispanic starts with H and Latino starts with L.
Oh
Hispanic comes from Hispania and Latino is a latin person who says o at the end of every word.

2bh i dont know and i dont care

>I cannot speak Spanish
Why not?
>Tripfagging

>arab
>in charge of deciding whose white or not

He's right though. Obviously albinos are the the true master race

It's difficult to say really. I often think it's because my parents for whatever reason didn't want to talk to me in spanish as a kid. They often would (at least how I interpret it) speak spanish as if they were hiding things from me and my siblings. Yet my oldest brother is fluent in spanish.

Then I think perhaps it could also be that maybe I was just a dumbass (I had a lot of ear infections as a kid though) but then again it couldn't be this because my other siblings don't speak spanish.

To be completely honest I think it's just that my parents thought since we need to know english to only speak to us in english. Dumb mistake in hindsight because it would have been so much better if I was bilingual.

>in terms of race, not culture

Latino isn't a race, per se. It covers language groups and the cultures along with them. Latino would mean French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, and to some extent Romanian (depending on context).

Hispanic only refers to Spanish speakers.

But they don't necessarily deal with race. A white guy can be a latino, as can a nigger. Hispanics generally are some mix of Iberian and indigenous.

this

my dad is cuban and didnt teach me any spanish he said I didnt want to learn

I was fucking 5. What a fucking idiot

That's fine. I started learning by listening to conversations and in school. I guess it stuck because I wanted to communicate with my family.

Sounds like a huge asshole to me man. At least my parents never made that excuse. I'm almost positive it's because they wanted me to be fluent in english since it would benefit me most once I went to school. Yet as I said in hindsight I would be so much better off being bilingual.

It's kinda humiliating sometimes how I can't speak spanish when I probably should be able to speak it. I would probably even feel more connected to fellow hispanics. As of now I feel minimal connection to the culture and people. However I think overall I still prefer to be around latino/hispanics more than anyone else so what the fuck I know?

Los hispanos a tomar mejores burritos que los latinos

Yeah man but as I said my parents almost seemed to be purposefully withholding the language. They would go into a room to speak spanish or talk to me in english while talking to themselves in spanish. So it was really hard for me to pick up on the language.

At best I may be able to sort of understand spanish depending on what is said but no way can I speak it. It kind of pisses me off a bit they did this.

I know how you feel. You could try learning now, little by little.

Hispanics are people, who speak Spanish. Brazilians are not hispanics, since they speak Portuguese.
Latinos is generic term for people from South America.
Both terms have nothing to do with race.
There are white, nigger and mestizo hispanics/latinos.

Yeah and it also sucks when the old people come up to you speaking spanish or when people find out your spanish and then are like "you don't know spanish, REALLY?"

I don't look that spanish but its still very annoying and you're right it does make you feel disconnected

I have no idea what differs hispanic and latino but i do know Cameron Diaz is so fine and nice and good looking that i simply just live her image, she looks nice and good.

Hispanic means "pertaining to the Spanish speaking world"

That's a mestizo you Greece monkey retard

At least know what race you're talking about

>Hispanics generally are some mix of Iberian and indigenous.

No pure hispanics are spaniard

Mixed means mestizo

>Latinos is generic term for people from South America
it covers much more than just South America; it covers all of America and was designed to contrast latin-cultures from other european cultures in the New World.

you're technically right but only if you use pre-columbian use of the term.