Did you like Baby Driver?

Did you like Baby Driver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfrcZsKcVxU
youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

overrated but i didn't hate it... they should have taken out the rape scene and had more driving

It was a lot of fun but not nearly as stylized or satirical as I was expecting from Wright

my little brother want to go see spider man, but i don't want to see it. Maybe i should watch baby driver isntead?

There hasn't been a good torrent yet.

literally did nothing wrong

No, because the protagonist is around my age and it reminded me that my life is shit and that I'm a failure at everything.

Besides rob and kill people?

Fell apart in the third act imo. I still enjoyed it for what it was.

There's nothing that annoys me more than encore endings, where a movie can't just end and goes on and on
>could have ended at the botched robbery
>or at the diner
>or in the meeting room with Spacey
>or the first time they stop Hamm in the garage
>or the second
>or the third
>or on the bridge
>or in prison
Each of those scenes is fine but feels like a good climax to me, making the scene after less effective. This had at least 25 minutes of endings

I don't leave the house.

The trailer alone for this movie made me rage. So, no. I doubt I would like it.

DUDE PUNCHABLE FACED PROTAGONIST LMAO

Felt a bit too much like grand theft auto. Not sure why this dude is special when the police department is full of dudes perfectly capable of keeping up with him.

Yup, loved it. Fun, lighthearted movie.

did you see how he took out those cops with a spikestrip?

Watch Spider Man with your little bro and make him happy + give him some good memories you dumb faggot.

Yeah, but those sorts of moments seemed few and far between. Movie isn't fresh in my mind anymore so I can't recall as much specifically but it seemed to follow the rhythm of do flashy/elaborate maneuver that doesn't matter because the cops teleport 5 feet behind him anyway, repeat. Made a lot of the chase scenes feel stilted to me.

main reason I have no interest in seeing it desu

But that doesn't fit with the LeMeme. Please upvote.

>not nearly as stylized
Bitch the whole movie was a music video.

It was great.

I like the 3rd act.

Really enjoyed it soundtrack was downloaded immediately after. One thing bothered me Spacey mentioned the epic spaghetti junction chase midway tho the film and then as baby jumped in his last car it showed an aerial shot of spaghetti junction so i thought here goes and then it cuts to them arriving at the carpark. There was no chase at the end of the movie. Still enjoyed it tho i dont obsess and pick apart movies like 99% of you faggots

The first act is nice, the rest of the movie falls really flat
It was a bunch of characters trying their hardest to be "cool" and "funny" and it made the whole thing really cringy
Not to mention that the romance part was god awful

Loved it, especially how the tone was kept pretty light hearted, and then suddenly we're slapped with the harsh reality of the situation baby is in

Those having that 21 savage looking faggot assfuck Frank Underwood left a bad taste in my mouth

I have very little interest in seeing it.

It's problematic but I liked it. Hooked me with Baby's propensity to live life Mickey Mousing his movements (which I do too), kept me in my seat with dat style. You could see the way Wright cut the action scenes like he does jokes; it wasn't cool-shit-to-cool-shit, but actual set-ups and punchlines. Kept the tension up when you usually get numb to stupid car tricks after a while. The anachronistic tone weirded me out a bit and I wonder if they could have gotten a better lead and if he needed to be a white dude; I was getting Looper vibes and the accent coloreds only helped a bit (since they were half just plot devices anyway). The love interest grated at first but grew on me.

Top notch cinematography. Top notch characters. I want to see it again because I'm sure I missed things.

basically this

Why's he dressed like Han Solo?

This.

His attire is cool

Saw it last night and loved it. 4/5 stars. I felt the third act wasn't as focused on the driving as much as the character conflicts stemming from the botched robbery, but I can see why it had to be that way. Great directing, hope it wins something for sound editing or something along those lines. I'd say Baby Driver is to film what Crypt of the Necrodancer is to video games, if that makes any sense.

>Has a chance to make one last score and run off with qt waitress in the sunset
>All he had to do was keep his mouth shut, don't try to bail in the middle of the night, and just do his damned job like so many other times
>Teller wouldn't have been killed because the 3 robbers have no reason to so he shouldn't have warned her
>Just escape and make hundreds of thousands of bucks. Take your adoptive father into a retirement home and ensure he's well taken care of while you enjoy your newfound freedom with Debora.

He was a fucking moron. In fact, Baby was incredibly naive if he truly believed he was off the hook with Spacey's character. Guys like that don't let go of a valuable resource like a skilled escape driver.

Not perfect but as close to pure kino as this year has gotten

>Teller wouldn't have been killed because the 3 robbers have no reason to so he shouldn't have warned her
Bats showed he kills just for the fuck of it. In fact, he basically kills everyone he shouldn't (and lets Baby go when he should have wasted him).

Bats is a psycho, but by the time the teller arrived to the post office, the 3 of them would be escaping. He'd knock her down to the ground at best and that's it.

This film is like if Refn was a teenager and played the Driver in his own film that he wrote and directed but then starred in the spinoff made by another director that was based on Drive.

I mean look at that kid, he's refn jr.

>"What do you do?"
>"I'm a driver."
K I N O
I
N
O

He had literally no way of knowing where she would be during the heist, or what would happen inside the post office. And he already knew how unstable Batz was (highly implied he beat/killed the clerk at the gas station when he got the gum) and didn't want to risk innocent people's lives. I'm honestly surprised Batz didn't waste the teller along with the guard because of "leaving witnesses".

>In fact, Baby was incredibly naive if he truly believed he was off the hook with Spacey's character. Guys like that don't let go of a valuable resource like a skilled escape driver.
Absolutely agree with this point, especially when you consider Baby was probably emotionally and socially stunted due to the death of his parents, and really only conversed in sign language (i.e. non-verbally) with Joe.

I liked it quite a bit, but I can't help but wonder what it would have been like with British comedic actors ala this Wright-directed music video: youtube.com/watch?v=dfrcZsKcVxU

Your brother will use drugs and get a 13 year old pregnant. Be a good brother.

This

Nah I know what he means, its hyped to be the first ever Action Musical, so because of that I kind of expected more hiphop or house music with interesting cuts, maybe animation or some sort of really fluid highspeed stuff. I read that Run the Jewels had a song in the soundtrack and got hyped for something groundbreaking possibly like Speed Racer quality + 70s muscle cars + Steve McQueen movies.

I basically just got Bullet with a hipper soundtrack and better characters (which is still pretty good in itself).

Fuck me this, I hate movies about teen geniuses they always make me feel like shit and Baby was a virtual autist too who still got a smoking hot GF because he could drive and it made me feel bad.

Is that refn?

autism

I did. One thing I didn't quite understand. During the heist where the protagonists are chased by the Marine, are we supposed to believe that some rando ex-jarhead just happened to be carrying a full auto SMG is in truck? This tested my suspension of disbelief.

Also, Lily James is a cute with a fat butt.

>Guys like that don't let go of a valuable resource like a skilled escape driver.
t. career criminal

The ending sent a few mixed signals. On the one hand he loses his hearing which is a great consequence but they don't show it having a big effect on him, it's even implied he'll get it back. Then he gets twenty five years in prison and does all of about one. What's the point?

The film goes too easy on its protagonist. He's too suddenly slick and suave for an anti-social orphan, and when he does plunge in the criminal world he doesn't have to suffer for it.

He was eligible for parole after 5 years, not 1.

Neither did Baby
Darling only died because she was a dumb bitch who thought it was a good idea to stand perfectly still, out in the open and dual wielding SMGs while being shot at by the cops

I thought he was some kind of plain-clothes security detail for the truck until they explained he was just some dude doing the right thing.

>Ditches those red and white racing gloves after the bank job
Lame af desu

He thought he was done tho

>claims to listen to music all the time
>uses shitty iphone earphones

I'm going to marathon it in about one and a half kino-lengths. Did I like it?

How the fuck is it supposed to end at any of those points?

The climax is not the same thing as an ending.

>uses headphones his mother bought him as a kid that passed away
Retard

iphone headphones break well within two years of regular use

And if you have watched the movie he has tons of iPods that always come with stock ear buds.

I agree

>I baby drive
What did he mean by this?

If he wuz black dey woulda shot him. Da poleece is rayciss.

>not using skullcandy earphones

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
for the most part sure. was it good? ehhhhhhhhhhhh

>likes good music
>doesn't listen to Kanye

>skullcandy

So this movie is about an edgy teenage driver making Hot Topic deliveries, right?

stop being retarded skull candy has pretty good loud earphones buds

Baby doesn't need loud ear buds.
He has them in his ears for the vibrations.

No he doesn't

>comparing this to taxi driver?
are you fucking retarded?

Literally fucking relentless

when did I compare it to taxi driver

>Jon Hamm did nothing wrong
You're thinking of Jaime Fox

>this movie makes iPods cool again
>unironically still use an iPod classic
>now cool all of a sudden

I can't stand it anymore, how can I listen to music now without using the streaming/cloud Jew?

Liked it but didnt really understand the end.
Did he just get his hearing back or no? What was the point if he did

Why would Spacey keep hiring Bats? He is clearly unstable and fucks everything up.

I dont get this either.He should have hired Punisher dude .

How many times do you think Spacey has hired Bats?
Once for the armored truck hit, in which he was the only guy who actually handled himself like a professional
And second when he put together his all-star team for the Post-Office hit

>Problematic
>Fuck white protags
I hope you don't work for mic.com, user

Ask again when cam comes out. tv is full of bottom feeders.

Get a Zune

>Felt like GTA
Glad I'm not the only person who thought this

Be less triggered. I'm just tired of so many, "Misguided youth finds his way through a gauntlet of obstacles and embittered, ruthless adults to being a Real Man also he's white," movies. Because they're always something of a director self-insert. The subtext is something along the lines of "Other people can't ever 'grow up' to embody the obvious awesome of White Dudeness," or, "White dudes are the only ones worth telling these kinds of stories about," or w/e. You'll notice that these kinds of movies are always weirdly anachronistic in that the Dudes always exhibit a kind of Johnny Cash-esque old school cool, or the world will be futuristic but have a mid-century vibe. I'm not saying it's completely terrible, especially if the MC has quirks that ground them, but for guys like me it's always in the back of my mind that guys like that used to drag niggers behind their trucks.

Also between the soul-singing mother, sample-flinging hobby, single black foster dad, and inability to go to the cops to get an obviois fucking gangster off his back, Baby's arc seems more accurately applied to a black dude (and I'm going to be making the same argument when Ready Player One comes out). I guess it's kind of interesting that he's a 6'4" white dude and still has the world against him (until he meets a girl who he's willing to murder for).

Yeah but even then it's kinda improbable for a regular person to just keep guns that heavy in their car on a regular basis. I know gun nuts and drug dealers and the most they ever carry on a day to day basis are pistols. I know the meme is that Americans breathe guns but I live in Florida and haven't seen anybody just casually keep a machine gun in their car like that

That fucked me up. I thought he was going to be an important main character/antagonist just because he had that SMG.

I fucking loved it. It had a lot of fun ideas going for it, and I'd rather that than a perfectly crafted narrative. Not that I don't personally think the narrative was well-crafted, I just know people have their criticisms.

Baby Driver is a real movie made by a real director. Take him to see that, instead of the assembly line product they're calling a Spiderman movie.

calling troll, holy fuck

I don't understand why conservatives go through the 5 stages of grief any time someone has an opinion they don't agree with, geez.

Is this denial or bargaining?

You wrote an essay on points not brought up in the movie at all. Jamie Foxx is always cast as crazy gangster characters, and there's no way your delusions about the racism in movie are true. Also, the single black foster dad was deaf and around 70 - 80, his wife could be fucking dead. Also, you're bringing up dragging blacks behind trucks out of fucking nowhere due to your delusions, not about any point in the movie.

It was definitely style over substance, but I didn't particularly mind. It was a fun movie and I liked the cinematography. Gets a thumbs up from me.

Liked it, just pissed at the ending;
5 year time jump in like 30 movie seconds, and Stacy hasn't run off for some other guy in that time? Baby's asshole hasn't been stretched in penitentiary?

Why couldn't it just end with them driving off into the sunset across the border?

THEYRE TALKING ABOUT YOU BOY

To be fair I get what you're saying. Why should you give a shit about a clearly contrived situation which has an older aesthetic which seems to bring out the contrivedness even more.

Is this the Elliott Rogers movie?

The pacing gets sort of fucked at the end. killing Foxx and later Spacy so anticlimactically and having Ham become the main antagonist was odd

That wasn't what happened - that was in his imagination. Do you think she'd show up in a 50s dress in a classic convertible like that when she had no money? Keep in mind he gave all of his money to Joseph.

What kind of name is "Baby"?