20 years old soon

>20 years old soon
>Lobby scene ranks as one of the greatest action scenes of all time

Aside from the dated music, I unironically believe nothing has surpassed this as of yet, am I wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I22xdJgraZw
youtube.com/watch?v=Hw88MWoqenQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QbmDpEhAp48
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i thought i was on Sup Forums when i read this

DUDE VIDEO GAMES LMAO

Look at the direction, the editing, the choreography, the camera movements, the sound effects, you nigger

its probably pretty close to the last great original film

>matrix
>not derivative as fuck

I enjoyed it, sure. But let's not pretend it's some original piece of cinema.

>Aside from the dated music

What would you prefer nowadays you faggot? An annoying wub wub?

>I enjoyed it, sure. But let's not pretend it's some original piece of cinema.
it is

All pretensions aside what was with the false christianity references?
Trinity? Are they jews who just don't understand how christianity works?
Also why can't he die ifTrinity loves him?

Matrix is not an original movie?

I should say that I mean nothing post-Matrix has surpassed it. The action scenes in this are just something else.

I agree, but it was more a Tarantino-esque melting pot than purely derivative.

Mate, let's be honest, the soundtrack is a product of the 90s. It mostly holds up, but it sticks out like a sore thuumb

It's partially based on the novel Simulacron-3, just like the film "World on a Wire" from the 70's.

PON PON WAYWAYWAY
PONPON WAY WAY WAY PONPON

Again you're not suggesting alternatives

The Matrix literally wouldn't be the Matrix without its soundtrack

>dated

Can we stop this meme?

I'm not the director, I'm purely saying that watching it now, the techno soundtrack in the lobby scene fits, but it does sound dated. The rest works well and the theme and overall soundtrack holds up incredibly well, especially the score

As above

Matrix is an eternal proof you can do great fight scenes without shaky cam and 3 cuts per move.

Cant wait to laugh at reboot's shitty "modern" fight scenes.

It also stole entire shots and scene from anime and japanese movies. The humans harvested in plastic bags scene came from Tetsuo The Iron Man.

Just because they both involve virtual reality, it doesn't mean they're like Matrix. Also, World on a wire is also based on Simul.

I still disagree with your point. I think Matrix was the last big budget original movie we got from hollywood.

>you nigger
Wow dude I didn't know you were a racist

That's one of the biggest things you notice . - no shaky cam/quick cuts.

Hell, watch the lobby scene, it's basically Once Upon a Time in the West through the Wachowski's eyes.

The camera movement is just stunning

Yes. And it's all because of that pretentious fuck, Snyder.

If this scene was made today, it would be CGI garbage.

They did well with knowing when you work around CGI. That's why these movies hold up so well imo

I think the whole point of Techno music was there to stick to the computer and technology theme of the movie.

>implying it won't be full of quips

"Trinity! to the left!"

>All that CG blood
>All those extra particles
>Those 3DEEEEEE particles that come right at you

This OP is the most blatant example of Sup Forumseddit crossboarding this year.

>and your OTHER left

Cypher was right wanting to go back to the Matrix. The real world was like 90% niggers, who would want to live in a world like that?

DUDE Sup ForumsEDDIT LMAO

Aside from Mad Max: Fury Road, which is a different kind of action, can you please let me know a scene in a Hollywood film that rivals the lobby scene in terms of craft in the last 17 years?

I'd do the same

John Wick

Please

>that WAS my other left

god i hate japanese shit

wrong website pal-o

>humans harvested in plastic bags scene
What?

So many of the scenes in this were obviously shot in Australia.

It's especially obvious if you have ever been to Sydney.

>Mad Max: Fury Road
>DUDE DUDE X LMAO LMAO
genuinely shave under your chin.

Cypher was a mexican.

Sup Forums is an alt right image board

It's not 2006 any more, spic.

>I'm not a newfag. I'm here since 2016
Oh it shows

You talking about exterior shots?

>spybreak
>dated
i would love to kick your ass you fucking plebeian faggot

this was pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=I22xdJgraZw

Was it though?

Ah, the Matrix. The marketing campaign for this movie was perhaps the best I've ever seen for a movie. The trailers just teased brief snippets of the movie's insane-looking action footage and asked "What is the Matrix?". The mystery was thick in the air around this movie. None of this "give away the whole movie in the trailer" crap.

t.Sydneyfagsider
Yes, we get it, your irrelevant state had it's 15 second of fame.

Plus the net wasn't as widespread as it was today. You'd have to go to the cinemas to experience the film.

Crazy thing is, they murder a bunch of innocent people in this scene. It's never really addressed afterward. I'm pretty sure it was influenced by the attack on the corporate building in Neuromancer, in which the attackers were even more obviously not good guys.

Actually from Brisbane but have been there a few times.

>It's never really addressed afterward.

Because they explained it ahead of time.

They are part of the system and that makes them our enemy

Yes, but realistically speaking Neo and Trinity should have some unease later about having done it.

This scene is obviously an Australian city.
They even walk past a suncorp bank logo.

>Yes, but realistically
>Realistically

Slow on the uptake or just desperate for an argument? You can stop posting now.

becuz prophecy man

They shake the camera so violently you literally cannot focus on anything because much CGI looks stupid if you actually see it. It has nothing to do with giving you a feeling of motion.

Snyder's two good movies, 300 and Watchmen, didn't use it.

inb4 "good"

Watchmen is his magnum opus and it is so because he copied the comic frame by frame and he didn't write the story.

I thought 300 was just visually impressive and it was really fuckin boring and dumb imo.

But yeah, the thing he's most well known was absent in his greatest creation. Mhhmm, i wonder what that means.

Unironically this
youtube.com/watch?v=QbmDpEhAp48
Modern action is all about fake punches, shaky cam and violence that is not "violent".

Snyder is not a writer you illiterate dog.

Stop talking about films. Fuck off and kill yourself.

I'm pointing to the fact that in his magnum opus, he had the least involvement.

Neo and Trinity are ultimately good hearted people. There's no way they wouldn't feel weird about killing a bunch of innocent people who are plugged into the Matrix.

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about thinking he writes his films. Shut the fuck and save yourself the complete disgrace you've made of yourself. Be glad Sup Forums is anonymous.

Shootout from Heat beats everything still

I'd also like to ad that being filmed in Sydney actually kind of ruins the movie for me a bit.

I just can't help but notice it's Sydney when it's meant to be America.

Though the visuals may be shot-by-shot with the comic (this was a thing at the time from Sin City onward as people inhaled the rights to popular graphic novels) the motion adaptation could easily be screwed up.

He never said he writes them.

That line was literally in the movie though except with Neo.

You're completely missing my point. But anyways, here's the list of Snyder's writing involvement in his movies.

Snyder's screenplays:
1. 300
2. Sucker Punch
3. 300: Rise of an Empire

Snyder's stories:
1. Sucker Punch
2. Wonder Woman
3. JL part 1 and 2
4. Last photograph.

that fucking list. how can one man be so based?
what kind of man are you Snyder? what are you?

I completely agree. But in my opinion, his work is much easier than say, a person who adapts a novel. The comic sets out the aesthetic, the shot and the feel. So, he had to fuck up a lot of things to make the movie different from the comic.

In Watchmen, he showed a minuscule amount of his own vision. Even his "dark tainted filter" is much less apparent in it. Incidentally, most view Watchmen (director's cut) as his best movie.

All I'm saying is that he is a bad director and yet he's extremely pretentious because sometimes his shots are pretty neat.

KEK. Okay, i get it now.

Are you still sad about your daughter, Zack?

>blaming an adult hapa's suicide to their parents

why are fucking millenials always blaming other people besides themselves? what the fuck is wrong with this generation?

The man is a living legend. I hope he'll make even more kinos to upset the marlel liberals.

>The comic sets out the aesthetic, the shot and the feel.
If so, then how come Marvel films look like grey TV shows when their comics are colorful and vivid as fuck? If it's so easy, how come Marvel can't do it worth shit?

Marvel is making up their own universe. They're just using their characters in these brand new stories. Watchmen is an adaptation.

>Throws guy against wall
>Guy attacks from behind
>Turns and fights the guy for some amount of time
>Guy against wall doesn't jump him

It's almost as if someone is writing this so Batman wins. I'll be this doesn't happen in the comics.

>how come Marvel films look like grey TV shows

They don't. That one shit did, sure. But honestly, they dont.

Only Guardians has any colour to it, the rest is de-saturated and flat

>Marvel is making up their own universe
Well, in the sense that they take decent comics and then ruin them by making them kids-oriented grey TV shows, sure. Atleast Iron Man 1 looked like a comic book made film. Their newer films are literally CW-tier bad. This despite having a source material handed to them for free.

John Wick bathouse/club scene comes close.

It's good, but I don't know if it's as well crafted and memorable.

>They don't.
They do. Even Dr Strange which was supposed to be SO IMAGINATIVE looked like a TV show. It's embarrassing as fuck to see Disney rape the source material this much. They don't even put the minimum amount of effort into it to make it look good.

Snyder is sure grreaat guis.

Am i snyder posting right?

The Matrix and Inception are the only two films in the last ten years that really made me think.

I'll give you Dr Strange. The cinematography in that movie was shit. It also took place largely in a city.

But seriously. Thor, Iron Man, GotG and parts of Avengers are so colourful that people here constantly mocked marvel for it and said they made their films colorful to appeal to manchildren.

So which is it DCucks? You can't have it both ways.

>The Matrix was ten years ago

>Anyone who doesn't think Marvel is anything more than a McDonald's happy meal toy is a DCuck

iron man 1 is the best but the villain is shit. They look like CW because of fuckin RDJ. He's taking like 1/4 of the whole budget of the movie. Otherwise, I totally agree that they look bland and generic af. I feel like neither DC or marvel appreciate their source materials. Both can make pretty fuckin great movies with great stories and yet they keep ignoring them.

Iron Man, I'll give you. That had actual visual pull. Favreau knew what he was doing. But that was pre-Disney era. Everything after stinks of rushed stories with poor directors at the helm more concerned with deadlines and fan pandering than making something good as film.

Letting TV show directors handle your films was a big mistake. Atleast from a quality point of view. From a business point of view, a stroke of genius by Disney.

Yeah, you would imagine they would put some of those dollars into getting better cameras and cinematographers but nah.

why are people talking about capeshit in a matrix thread

It always gets derailed by Marlel cucks

Tgotg 2 is the best movie of marvel and it was colorful. It was fuckin beautiful.

It started with Marvel fanboys insecure as fuck.

Summer

but capeshit infected the thread because of people defending the work of zack snyder

>dated music
Fuck you, what would you replace it with? Dubstep or some generic orchestral bs?

Breakbeat will A L W A Y S be the definitive action-scene soundtrack.

His salary has nothing to do with it, not when they're spending many hundreds of millions to earn close to a billion worldwide, not counting toy sales which can exceed that.

And the "shot on video vs. film" thing is a minor issue at best. These films aren't great not because they don't have true blacks or rich colors, but because of clumsy stories poorly executed as narratives.

He's done good things in the past, peoples' gripe is he's lost it in these new films.