DUDE LET'S PUT A QUARTER OF OUR STUDENTS IN SLYTHERIN AND THEN SHIT ALL OVER THEIR EVIL FOUNDER AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY;...

DUDE LET'S PUT A QUARTER OF OUR STUDENTS IN SLYTHERIN AND THEN SHIT ALL OVER THEIR EVIL FOUNDER AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY; HOPE THERE'S NO RESENTMENT LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lu_r0mCuwa8
collider.com/best-harry-potter-movies-ranked-worst-to-best/
youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Harry Potter
>it's a winter scene

TO BE FAIR

their founder was named Salazar

you fell in love with the atmosphere of the first two movies?

DUDE LET'S CHANGE IT TO ALL-GRIMMY FOR THE NEXT 6 ONES HEHEHEHEHE

PUT EVERYONE WITH HIGH AMBITION IN THE EVIL HOUSE

SPEND THE ENTIRE TIME SHITTING ALL OVER THAT HOUSE

IF THEY WIN A HOUSE CUP, NAH, FUCK THAT - GRYFFINDOR WINS

?????

WTF ALL THE AMBITIOUS HIGH ACHIEVERS ARE EVIL

youtube.com/watch?v=lu_r0mCuwa8

They should have just sent every student that got sorted to Slytherin into the gas chambers.

Antonio did nothing wrong.

I think the comfy atmosphere survives into Prisoner of Azkaban.

Did any of them Slytherin guys do anything good?

nope it died with the departure of Chris Colombus

Very few

Most of them are just cunts.

are they real people or fiction?

Slytherin and the Death-Eaters did nothing wrong by trying to keep magic for wizards.
Ron's dad is obsessed with muggles to the point of being a cuck about it. Why would you pollute your bloodline and dilute your progeny's magical ability?

What do you think retard

The retardedness in the writing goes back even before this. Why make a world where every evil person comes from one of the four houses. Why not just automatically throw people from slytherin into azkaban?

you sound really invested so i believed for a moment they aren't fiction because of you

>keep magic for wizards

Is it wrong that I can't see anything morally wrong with this?

Peter Pedigrew was from Gryffindor. JK Rowling is still a fucking retard.

You're pretty autistic even for a HP thread, t.bh

That's either a really bad bait or a really dumb faggot.

Not every person in Slytherin was a shitter

And I blame Hogwarts for making them that way

>be 11 year old kid
>get told you're an evil piece of shit and you now go live in a literal fucking dungeon while everyone else lives in the castle
>fairly win the house cup
>lose it on a whim every time
>probably the only house whose parents bring money into the school and fund shit but still nothing given back except being bullied by Potter
>end of the film and the big fight
>willing to help and fight
>get told to fuck right off

mate i'd be evil as well

t. butthurt mudblood

>gryffindor iz why imma loser! we being oppressed n sheeiit!

My dream production team would involve Jim Henson's Creature Shop and Brian Froud.

He's the #1 authority on English fantasy creatures.

Imagine if those people did the HP flims. My god.

Why does the entire wizarding world revolve around a school?

>lose it on a whim every time

Wasn't the first movie the first time Slytherin had lost in like 10 years or something?

Because it's a dumb series for children.

>you two first year students misbehaving? Come with me into the dangerous, mystical forest in the middle of the night. Also, I'm gonna split up with you guys when we're in there

I mean in the series of the books

>snape started working in hogwarts 10 years earlier

hmmmmmmm i wonder why

I don't remember them even mentioning the house cup after the first book, although I haven't read them in years tbf

the ultimate redpill, no going back after taking this - the movies will never be the same

the movies were only so successful because of emma, literally her appearance alone. most viewers were young males who never read the book until after seeing the movies

Azkaban was comfy as fuck when they Hogsmead. But it all went down the drain when Harry found out that a mass murderer who was the right hand man of wizard Satan was the one who got his parents killed, and threw a hissy fit because "now it's personal".

bravo rowling

W-where's the post?

If the sorting hat listens to the wishes of the student, how does anyone end up in Hufflepuff? What kind of 11 year old is like "yeah, sign my shit up for the designated cuck shed." The student body should be like 80% Gryffindor, with the top 15% making up Ravenclaw and all the totally-not-Death-Eater's-for-parents kids making up Slytherin.

The movies were complete shit either way. And I always thought Emma was an annoying smug little bitch.

>mfw I watched all 7 or was it 8 of the movies in the series
>hated all of them except the first two and the last one
frankly just not a very entertaining series, didnt make any fucking sense in the movies at many points, didnt help that my dumb ass cousin made me watch prisoner of azkaban 3 times which was boring as shit and since I was still a kid didnt care about the characters who were all teens

It only listened to Harry because he is the Chosen One™

>giant spider
>call it "Aragog"

Could Rowling have made it any more obvious that she had Lord of the Rings open and was just lifting shit straight from Tolkien.

I agree that the first two are the only good ones. 4 is pretty good too.

do you think it will be the one with clifford the big red dog replacing a book or the original?

Youre absolutely right OP; those students already had plenty to resent anyway, like having to 'star' in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

My understanding was that few kids had the balls to say "no I don't want to be this", and most just shut up and let the hat decide.

Are the number of students distributed equally over the four houses? It's not a draft, the hat picks a house based on personal qualities

Serious question: do spells sound the same in all languages? I simply can't imagine 11yo Japanese or Russian kids trying to pronounce vingardium leviosa correctly.

Nope

Don't try to make sense of a series of cheap pulp children books.

>american education
>he thinks vingardium leviosa is in english
>because it was spoken by brits

Keked

Different kinds of magic maybe? Remember the french girls who just sighed butterflies? That or they all do the whole thinking spells thing.

It does get mentioned, but I don't think there's ever a repeat of the "lol, let's give Gryffindor several hundred points right at the end." It definitely gets sidelined in favor of leg-stretching.
Bits of the whimsy and fun continue up until like the fifth film. It's not until Order of the Pheonix that shit is just 100% dark grey grim shit for the entire overly long run-time.

The real shame is that they just completely give up on wizard costumes after the first movie. They could've had a ton of fun designing tons of alternate robe designs, but nope. Jeans and turtle necks all around.
Because Dumbledore and Harry are there.

>switching up the order of the books and removing the crown of the bait king (atlas shrugged in the god tier section)

this copypasta will always remain factually correct though

Serious question: why do all of the films just completely abandon verbal spell components and somatic components more involved than wildly flinging their wands around? I finally Red Boxed Fantastic Beasts, and the vast majority of the spell casting is just wizards wordlessly shooting white balls at each other.

How long before we get a Hogwarts show? It could be about literally anything and at any point in the school's history. People would tune in for the comfy atmosphere.

Where did he say that it was in English you fucking dumb nigger

I think hes more pointing to Japans distinct lack of a separate r and l sound, which would be a major problem considering the spell seems to need precise pronunciation.

imo they should have quietly gassed everyone who has been sent to hufflepuff. hufflepuff is a fucking stoner house and filled with slow, ugly and dumb losers who will achieve nothing in life.

every hufflepuffler deserves to be killed. and i say that with no emotion, because imo hufflepufflers arent really humans anyways. its like getting rid of a pest, a parasite.

>he thinks brits know how to perfectly enunciate fictive latin

The chamber of secrets blood messages really should have been written in capital letters. The lower case words look so non-threatening.

Hufflepuff is the house that cucks go to when they don't have the balls to tell the hat to fuck off.

I think it goes that you could eventually learn to cast spells when you became more powerful though.

It begs the question though. Why was Harry was still shouting spells like a retard all the way through the 8 films (and in the novels if i recall correctly) when he was supposedly an extremely natural gifted wizard holding an extremely powerful wand?

One of the books explains this. Once you "git gud" with certain spells you can just "say" them in your head and it works

*cast spells silently

European schools use Latin based spells because they come from Latin based languages, but in other areas of the world surely they would use different magic words. But then does that mean that the words don't mean anything? I'm pretty sure I remember examples in the books where people mispronounced spells and they didn't work correctly.
Fuck Rowling is such a hack

Literally the most powerful witches and wizards were all half-blood. Dumbledore, Voldemort, Harry, Snape, McGonagall.

This.

Wasn't it Deathly Hollows pt. 1 when he gets the elder wand? I don't remember where but you're right it's explained in the books, even if it is kind of retarded.

Why did they write-out the school uniforms? In Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets even the older kids and the prefects are wearing robes.

see this:

Because their siblings turn out to not have any magic powers at all and they absorb all of the power instead of sharing it through lineage.

How is Harry a half blood?

Lily Potter was a mudblood

R E A L I S M
E
A
L
I
S
M

The "streched his legs" thing is 100% bollocks.

But does she still not count as a witch? Like, I know mudbloods are dirty faux wizards, but it doesn't pass down the lineage does it?

collider.com/best-harry-potter-movies-ranked-worst-to-best/

>somebody unironically wrote this article

The last four films are a total blur.

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

>that soul crushing look when Molfoy realizes that having high ranked friends is more benefitial than hard work

>presenting your literary work in a self-deprecating manner in order to attract clicks

Go get a real job, Adam

Her sister (Aunt Petunia) didn't have any magical powers. Lily was half-muggle half-witch but technically a witch because she has magic powers. her sister is a muggle.

It's not really ever explicitly stated how generational the magical lineage is, but Harry marries Ginny and has kids but she's a full witch. I'd imagine at some point the magic would be diluted out of the bloodline entirely if every wizard/witch kept interbreeding with muggles.

It's really just a dumb plot entirely that she created to find a motive for the villains

>At 161 minutes, Chamber of Secrets is the longest film of the franchise, and perhaps not so coincidentally it’s also the last film to try and fit (almost) everything from the book into the movie. Director Chris Columbus expands on the world he built so beautifully in the first film with a slightly darker and much more plot-heavy sequel, and while the film isn’t bad per se, it’s definitely the most laborious of the bunch.

It never felt like the longest one to me. In fact watching it recently I thought the pacing was a little too fast

Harry is given arbitrary extra points during the Goblet of Fire competition.

I remember thinking only a woman would write that.

He always knew that though. It's just that he couldn't get good friends like Dumbledore.

I'm trying to remember what was in the book that wasn't in the movie, and I can come up with is the bit about roosters being strangled so they didn't accidentally kill the basilisk.

>we will never see Emma Watson smiling this innocently again

So instead of magic eugenics, Voldemort should've gotten into magic gene therapy.

>uncovering one of Voldemort's sleeper agents and risking your life to singlehandedly prevent him from stealing the Sorcerer's Stone, thus saving the day didn't require hard work

Then again, that was the work of a handful of people and most of Gryffindor had fuck all to do with it, and most earn the points earned by any house are probably the work of a couple of overachievers and collective praise in this case is fucking stupid

>forgetting Nearly Headless Nick's deathday party

Fuck I can't type, whatever

The "house cup" is fucking stupid and probably why it was largely ignored in later books and films

I don't even like these movies and I'm watching Chamber right now because it reminds me of being young and not unhappy.

Instead of eugenics Voldemort should've simply encourage strong pure-blooded wizards to have more kids. Malfoys, Crabbes, Goyles, Notts, etc had only one kid. Dumbledore had none. Shit, Voldemort himself while killing tens if not hundreds of wizards didn't even impregnate Bellatrix . I don't how that is a sustainable demographic policy.

>Shit, Voldemort himself while killing tens if not hundreds of wizards didn't even impregnate Bellatrix
use bad magic, dick don't work
sorry senpai

>didn't even impregnate Bellatrix

user I'm not sure how to break it to you...

Oh yeah, thats how the whole "following the voices while everyone else is at the feast" thing started in the book. I forgot because I was so enamoured with the replacement, answering fan mail on Halloween while literally every single other person is at the feast.

NOT CANON

There is literally no proof that magic can be diluted.

The fanmail detention with Lockhart is in the book too, but I don't remember if it led to hearing voices.

How did houseelves even become slaves? Their magic is OP as fuck

They wanted to teach them humility