I don't get it

I don't get it.

Didn't Mads know that doctor is a profession and not a name?

I'm really not sure what they were thinking, if at all

bravo marlel

Mads was so wasted in this movie. This movie was a boring pile of shit

I fell asleep during this movie. It was so uninspired.

>movie about magicians and sorcerers
>people only use magic to form simple weapons then beat each other with them

They could have at least built up to a Dumbledore vs Voldemort-level creative magic battle at the end

This, at the end I don't even know if he did all of that just because of his dead wife or family or what the fuck, now Mads will never do other role in a capeflick marvel because of this fuck you Disney you wasted him badly fuck you

he still has a chance to do one for DC but never for marvel again

Man, that first part with Cumberbatch being a surgeon is literally how 12 year olds imagine doctors to live. It was embarrassing as fuck to watch.

Well yeah I mean about marvel films.

For DC? Would be good seeing him in Batman, but he'll end as Flash's Gorilla VA

You know I watched this movie, but I don't remember anything that happened in it, was it that terrible?

Surgeons don't have a cases of spinning watches and live in high rise penthouses?

What made this film so forgettable? Its mediocrity paired with Barfshit Cumbersomehatchback's soothing voice perhaps?

Why can't they make a movie about magical wizards and space monsters that's sophisticated and intelligent like we are lads?

I see I'm not the only one then

marvel must have a team of harvard grads working on these quips

truly quipkino, how can DC compete

Because nothing of consequence happens in it. Dormamu fucks off pretty easily and the damage he caused is reversed completely. The magic was pretty ham fisted like pointed out, and even the "amazing visual effects!" didn't help because they never established who was making them, how they helped, and why they were there.

Tonally, the film is a mess - it is as if the comedic moments exist within parentheses, not an organic part of the story but there for the sake of it. This is why we get a cynical and desperate doctor randomly making quips and a villain who has studied the dark arts acting like a retard.

Imagine "Doctor Strange" by Terry Gilliam. Or David Lynch.

The pacing was awful and all of the action was high school mass media tier cgi

Dormammu could use his body as a vessel in a new film. But they probably won't do that

>marvel
>film
Pick one.

>tfw you buy a ticket to see mads and he's just an Evil Jerkman capeshit villain lackey with essentially no screentime and actually no development

agreed, i feel as though Marvel are reluctant to tamper with the action comedy formula that is better than what they were doing before and more successful, but is getting repetitive

apparently Dan Harmon was hired to funny up the script a bit, i think the movie would be Thor The Dark Wold levels of boring had he not been involved

I think the core problem is that Marvel (Kevin Feige) doesn't allow for much creative freedom in the first place - they have a plan and everybody has to stick to it. So instead of getting interesting films, we get these half-asses stepping stones that lead up to the next Avengers film.

Was this a kino scene?

>that dead silence in the theater when he quips about Beyonce and Wong

This was it. Well, it tried anyways. Watch it with the sound off and imagine your own dialogue.

Before long you'll be wearing a purple cape to the 7/11.