Gun control

Let's have a rational discussion on gun control:

Not allowed:

>"let's ban guns"/"they are gonna take our guns!"

>"ban niggers"/"kill whitey"

>any references to constitutional carry or banning carry.

Encouraged:

>thoughtful ideas

>new solutions

>compromises

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wzlU0Xypur4
washingtonexaminer.com/jail-survey-nearly-34-felons-register-as-democrats/article/2541412
archive.is/Ywp1T
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think the education system and parental system must be corrected along side this.

Not trying to derail the thread but if education and parental guidance fall behind the influence of media and social groups then violence will always be abundant.

I think if parents did their job and schools actually taught and music and movies took a back seat and were leisure activities and not literally 16 hour a day things then kids would know a bit better.

I propose that the instant criminal background checks continue, at cost to the american taxpayer, not the purchaser. Automatic weapons should be legal without approval from the ATF once a person has owned firearms for no less than five years without a criminal incident. Felons are still prohibited from ownership. Courts can still order removal of firearms. One week waiting period for non-owners. If you already own a gun, no waiting period Private sales require you go through a licensed dealer/background check. No restrictions on ammo. Voter ID required to buy a gun.

I agree, we should have optional rifle classes and gun smithing in high schools

>new solutions

How about this: don't touch my guns or I'll kill you?

So when that woman is being robbed or raped by a much larger male, how is she supposed to pull out her gun and rescue herself?

73% of felons identify as Democrats.

>banning Democrats from owning guns
>crime rates involving guns drop 73% overnight

Thats only if you retarded liberal Democrat and really believe banning stuff makes it disappear

>I propose that the instant criminal background checks continue, at cost to the american taxpayer, not the purchaser.

Why not the purchaser?

>Automatic weapons should be legal without approval from the ATF once a person has owned firearms for no less than five years without a criminal incident.

Too easy to get around. Any loser with evil intentions can actually make something out of this. Bad guys can build credibility by just owning some firearms and staying out of shit and then when they become one of the few to be able to get a hold of them sell them on the black market.

Gun control laws have no measurable impact on homicide and it would be rational to start repealing gun control laws to save money and to help law enforcement focus on enforcement measures that actually increase public safety.

Gun safety in high schools. Back when I was in school, we were taught basic electrical safety and how to wire a plug, because at some point many people will work with mains appliances. In the US, the same could be said for guns.

>I see this thread
>think to muhself
>"hmm I could present a well reasoned argument with cited sources, charts and facts.."
>or...

Get fucked commiecuck. What part of

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

was unclear?

>Not allowed
>ban niggers

Gee, I wonder why?

most of it is from niggers so it doesn't count!

Everyone should be required to carry a can of bear mace on them at all times. Shits like a double edge in doors and can disperse angry riot mobs no problem.

Lets have actual compromises for once.

You can take something, but you have to GIVE something in return.

Nothing about gun control in the US has been a compromise in the slightest.

>Why not the purchaser?
It is a requirement and imposition placed upon a citizen, and the state has the moral obligation to pay for this imposition through the collection of taxes. You don't directly pay for the ballot you vote upon, do you?

>Too easy to get around. Any loser with evil intentions can actually make something out of this. Bad guys can build credibility by just owning some firearms and staying out of shit and then when they become one of the few to be able to get a hold of them sell them on the black market.
Which would be illegal. Current semi-autos can be made to function in full auto, and black market full autos already flood our streets. Why does our government seek to disarm us law-abiding citizens who only seek to protect our families and property?

As for reducing homicide any policy that reduces the number of fatherless boys will reduce homicide which should include an elimination of cash payments to single mothers and the repeal of anti-abortion laws. We could also legalize most drugs to be sold by pharmacies to eliminate the existence of drug gangs.

I disagree. School shouldn't endorse or promote usage of guns. If someone wants to learn and do it do it out of school.

Banning guns is the problem?

None of those places have comparable population sizes. Please keep propaganda out of my reasonable thread

Anyone notice how that banner works against her and OP?

That's a picture of a banned gun and she's calling it the problem. Yes, banning firearms is a problem. Thank you for your support OP.

>guns murdered
Guns have no standing to be charged with a crime.

No right is unlimited

>School shouldn't endorse or promote usage of guns.

That is the same argument used against sex education.

What about an optional field trip to a gun range, where the students can learn to properly fire weapons from a licensed safety instructor?

Yes, Angela.

Source?

And what if their parents deny them the right to a third party? I would have loved basic rifle class in highschool, but im afraid that the pistol course would have to many incidents involving the troubled urban youth.

> guns murdered

Guns can also walk, talk, and hold stable jobs just like the rest of us!

If you disagree you are gunphobic and need to check your weapon privilege

I purposefully chose a protester who's views could be interpreted either way

>Everyone should have guns on them at all times
Do you realize how fucking insane this would be if some asshole decided to start a shooting in a large crowd? As soon as the first guy pulls out his gun to target the shooter, he himself becomes a target. Before you know it there's a clusterfuck of people freaking out because they don't know who's the good guy and everyone is shooting each other.

>Make NFA shit legal
IMake background checks also have mandatory mental health checks that happen biannually
>End private sales, make it so you have to do an FFL transfer when selling to someone
>If a parent dies without transferring a gun to someone in their will, give it to the state but legally bind them to transfer it to whom it was willed to.

This IS the real problem.

And not only do the liberals not want to talk about it, they do everything they can to try and hide it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzlU0Xypur4

Open the NFA registry
Make full auto's legal
Remove the tax stamp requirement on SBRs/Supressors
Repeal state feature bans
Allow CC with a CC class and passing target
OC should be allowed anywhere (few will actually participate, but it should be an option)

In return I would be completely fine with making the crime for using an illegally purchased firearm a 50 year sentence minimum, tacked on to whatever crime was perpetrated, but that would be racist based on current statistics

SHALL

Sexual intercourse is something that MOST if not ALL people are going to be doing and is a natural activity.

Guns aren't natural, and most people don't need to touch guns in their life.

Sure the world is dangerous most people are never attacked and have their lives endangered in today's 1st world countries. If we were talking the favelle's in Brazil, then yeah, survival tactics and shit should be in school.

So you're saying it's a self correcting problem?

Everyone who owns a gun should have a checkup either once or a few times a year.

Every person who buys a gun has full background checks that can be done almost instantly (why aren't we fully utilizing technology and networks that we have??)

Guns maybe have a fingerprint scanner so only the registered user(s) can use it?

Certain areas where guns are not tolerated whatsoever. This is enforced by blocking off entrances to parks or whatever with similar security to airports.

I agree though that it's important that the right people in your country have guns. Sort of.

Pro Tip OP.

Just mention a black man being killed by the police for CCing and Sup Forums automatically becomes pro gun control.

>You can't CC and drive
>We have these guns laws for a reason. Its just common sense gun regulation!

If everyone had guns they would do some basic training to prepare themselves for such senarios. People don't panic during earth quakes of fires either.

Oh boy, this thread again.

I think that's something parents should be doing with their kid. I'm sure if it happened it would be with the best intentions but one teacher bringing a class of people to fuck with guns is just asking for trouble. It's hard enough to get them to behave in a class room without guns. For guns training people need ONE on ONE with real parent discipline involved.

>And what if their parents deny them the right to a third party?

Well, then it's the parent's decision until the kid or person turns 18 or whatever. Parents do stop kids from doing things they don't like. When a person turns of age to move the hell out and he wants to go spend his life firing weapons responsibly he may do so however the law permits.

This has literally never happened even in places with tons of cc people.

If people were responsible and educated they'd properly use guns. I agree

Checkup of what? Mental Health? To what standard?
We do have this in America
Unless it's a 1/1000000 failure rate, I'm uncomfortable with using bio-metrics, one more point of failure
Why would a shooter abide by the restrictions of a gun free zone, most shootings take place in gun free zones as is

Firearm safety does not encourage or discourage the use of firearms, it just teaches the student how to handle a firearm safely. Given that firearm safety is apparently a serious problem in the US, this would obviously be helpful.

The first change I would make is the government issues everyone a gun who isn't a fucking felon.

The second change I would make is no niggers get guns.

That's not why he was shot, he was shot because he was retarded.

apply consequences to huge makers of popular culture who show a very skewed picture of gun violence, both positive and negative portrails of it

glorifying black violence, enthralling audiences with tales of lone crazy gunmen, and pupimg up everything, ESPECIALLY race baiting and the media trying to turn everything into a matter of race because its easier angle.

so basicly, hold media/hollywood/whatever accountable for the reality they are presenting

That's because there's never been an event like Paris where it's dark and extremely crowded with everyone strapped and one guy starting a shooting.

>most felonies are committed by dindus
>most dindus are registered Democrats

Niggers ruined their reputation to the point where cops are terrified of them. Nobody said race didn't play a factor in his death. But with black crime being so prevalent and widespread, damn near everybody knows blacks are criminals and act accordingly around them.

Try shooting at Yemeni tribesmen to test this hypothesis.

non lethal weapons, like tazers and tear gas,

washingtonexaminer.com/jail-survey-nearly-34-felons-register-as-democrats/article/2541412

One on one with range instructors when live rounds are involved. But another range instructor could be off with a group of kids running through drills that do not require live rounds, so fuckery is minimal.

There will be growing pains as stupidity does well to sabotage the best laid plans, but for the most part, the kids would be safe.

Article for pic
archive.is/Ywp1T

Last time I checked the troops overseas can't just shoot up a whole village because the sandniggers are all dangerous. The PD needs to stop hiring high school dropouts and pussies.

The only way you'd get fun control measures passed is to somehow codify a complete and utter inability to continuously add more, or even ask for more laws.

Fun legislation meets the resistance it does not because all that many people actually care about a NICS check, or even waiting 3 days for a handgun.

2 reasons no one can pass gun control:
First, the resistance is there because of the unabashedly blatant stepping-stone philosophy. Maybe 10% of gun rights people are actually uncompromising. They don't compromise because they know there is no middle ground the opposition will agree to. They would never stop, and every inch they take is a mile.

Second, your ideas for incremental steps are completely out of left field and emotional, and demonstrate a complete unwillingness to learn about the subject you wish to legislate. It's also impossible to compromise with someone who remains purposefully ignorant about the subject at hand.
Imagine if a coal money's union and a coal mine were negotiating a contract: the mining company had the foreman, an accountant, and senior management on their side of the table, representing knowledge of all aspects of the industry; on the other side of the table the union was represented by Chloe moretz and bozo the clown.
How could a reasonable contract possibly be reached when the union reps are somehow trying to fit in spa weekends and seltzer water guns into the agreement.

>thoughtful ideas
>new solutions
>compromises
Get fucked, if asking for ID for voting is taking away from your rights doing anything to my right to arms is the same thing.

Get rid of the war on drugs and de-ghettoize ghetto people.

When was the last time gun owners got ANYTHING from "compromise"?

this true swiss bros?

>The government doesn't give you free ammo for personal use
It's same here in the US, you have buy all your own ammo.

Mental health, job situation, family situation, yknow, shit that might spring off some warning signs.

Why would biometrics be a bad idea?

Well the areas would be enforced with similar security to that of an airport. They would be found out before they got in, triggering some kind of response.

my school had a rifle team when i was there in 2005
my dad would share stories about how him and his friends would bring shotguns into the class and store them near their coats and go bird hunting after class

Name one instance where that has proven to be the case.

>Firearm safety

I buy that, but introducing a gun into somebody's life can certainly change the path and outcome of how they handle situations. Unfortunately as soon as you accept that a gun is an option you get one step closer to thinking it's a valid option for settling a dispute.

People do make mistakes and carry guns with good intentions and end up going to jail because many times (police is a good example) that as good as you are with a weapon, you can NEVER ever be certain you will have control of your emotions and mental state in a like infinite possible scenarios where you feel you need to pull a trigger. This can lead a person to getting jailed up when they could have chosen a different path.

Well, first I have to ask?. Who's going to pay for this?. I'm pretty sure it would require a pretty high budget (don't even get me started on insurance and shit like that) and I really don't feel like spending all that money when I don't even have a kid.

I wouldn't even want to send my kid to a public school gun range. I really would expect the worst. I am talking about public school system issues here. For private schools and if kids had their shit together I suppose I might consider making an exception.

Never, push hard

This is bullshit! Yes the Army used to give free ammo to keep at home for the soldiers. But every citizen, military or civilian, can easily and legaly buy ammo and store it at home. And there's no limits. I can buy 1million of .223 if want and have enough money.

>I was in the army and have two guns (one is from the military)

If your job consisted of dealing with the scum of society everyday and the majority of the degenerates you come across are black, ofcourse you're going to be jumpy around them.

Be honest with yourself, the majority of niggers in America, hell even in the world are mostly violent criminals. I'm not saying his death was justified, that cops should go to jail, but don't act like black people have a piss poor reputation for no reason.

>Why would biometrics be a bad idea?

Biometrics technology isn't entirely reliable and adds a large amount of additional complexity to a firearm.

Tear gas won't stop a determined attacker and tasers regularly kill people who refuse to submit after the first shock.

Why don't you just politely ask the owners of the 300 million legal fire-arms to just hand them in to the relevant authorities so that they can be melted down and turned into wind farms or something like that.
The police force could probably get cut back, what with not having to police all those guns, and the money saved could be used to compensate those that have given up their guns and anything else left over could be utilized in projects building positive relations between black people and the police.

People being crazy, gangsters or muslim won't be changed by banning or restricting access to guns.
The guns are just the easiest thing to blame, as if just having access to a gun is the end all, be all reason any person would have to go shoot somebody.

Health screening is subject to the shin of the government in charge.
Wanting a handgun is a sign of mental illness to these sorts of people, meaning no one can get a handgun with them screening.

Biometrics are slow and unreliable

One instance? Cops are way to trigger happy. You cant do that in any other security/military profession. There are hundreds of videos of cops shooting first and asking questions later.

I teach inner city schools, I have to deal with them almost everyday. I see what they do, but you still need to be able to compose yourself around them or being a LEO isn't they right profession for you

>I buy that, but introducing a gun into somebody's life can certainly change the path and outcome of how they handle situations.

It depends how it's taught. It doesn't necessarily mean letting a bunch of high school kids go onto a shooting range and go wild, it can simply be the basic theory of trigger discipline and correct storage and maintenance.

1. Mental health is very, very relative, any major stuff like involuntarily being institutionalized comes up in a check, as does serious depression or violent behavior, all can be used to deny a sale

2. Bio metrics are battery powered, batteries are notorious for failure, even if they don't drain, they can degrade quickly under certain conditons. If I need something to save my life, I don't want to rely on a battery as well as the gun not failing to save me

3. Airports don't have metal detectors until security, anyone can walk into the lobby and go nuts

>Who's going to pay for this?
I'm willing to bet an NRA not facing the disarmament of the american people would love to donate money and time to instruct future gun owners. Excepting some sort of fraudulent insurance bullshit, a trip to the range could be pretty cheap, especially if the kids use rimfires (.22lr), which would be my suggestion.

SHALL

Till the 00' the government used to give to every soldier a box of 50 rounds in case of urgent, fast, and/or chaotic mobilisation for personal defense before joining the military base and your unit and being fully equipped.
It was though in case of soviet invasion.

Thanks to leftist scum this procedure was suppressed. But every citizen could and can barely freely buy ammo.

Solve the underlying problems that makes people resort to crime instead of using inanimate objects as a scapegoat as an alternative to taking on a set of problems that don't get you much political capital that you can use to further your career.

Fix the actual goddamn problems of criminality in this country instead of taking the chickenshit easy way out that makes you look good.

You implied they were indiscriminately killing people en mass. Which is horseshit.

There are cases of them fucking up and killing people, but in a nation as big as ours with a population of so many niggers I'm surprised it isn't more common.

If people would teach their kids how to interact with the police it would be even more rare.

>Civilians allowed to carry weapons in germany: Near zero

>Civilians allowed to carry weapons in USA: I'd guess around 200 million?

NOT

Living near the swiss border, as far as I know from my swiss friends, yes.

I'll tell you something man. High schoolers I think are high schoolers for a reason. I think if they aren't old enough to smoke or drink then they shouldn't be allowed to mess with guns. Guns is more deadly. I think if we were to lighten up gun laws we might as well start lightening up drinking laws and stuff. No joke. I think letting teenagers drink a bit a certain amount and teach them to do that responsibly might get it out of their system so they don't have to go be stupid away from parents and get in trouble.

I really don't see how logically you can say a 17 year old or 18 year old is mature enough to handle a gun but not responsible enough to handle a buzz.

And yet you let them loose with a three ton mechanical monster capable of at least 65 mph with minimal training or supervision out of necessity?

If I can't trust someone with a gun, I sure as fuck cannot trust them with a car.

>military weapons meme
More Muslims in Germany have stashed "military weapons" than US civilians have them.

It's not out fault you don't know what weapons out militaries use.

The only reason people wave off this argument is because cars aren't emotional like firearms are

I swear to god, progressivism is a mental disorder

>If I can't trust someone with a gun, I sure as fuck cannot trust them with a car.

This is my point. Seeing how teens handle alcohol and driving is proof at just how they'd handle weapon training.

I think instead of blacklisting young adults after they fuck up they need to prove themselves worthy and then white list them to gain more and more rights. Shit, adults need that same treatment unfortunately.

Never said i couldnt go
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED